New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-10 03:39:12 Reply

Me and a friend have now spent nearly 12 hours in the Payday 2 beta. This isn't even the full game and it's so fucking fun. It's basically just a glorified horde mode, but I'm OK with that. I wonder if we'll be bored when the game comes out or if we'll just spend more hours in that.

MrBeer
MrBeer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-10 06:44:51 Reply

Far cry 3

See you space cowboy

Grimdalus
Grimdalus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-11 02:38:49 Reply

Guns of Icarus online.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-13 07:29:53 Reply

Playing Gran Tursimo 3 because it's the only GT game I've never got very far in. Usually I beat the Sunday cup and that's about it.

Also, I am trying to get all of the trophies in Burnout: Paradise and all i have left to do is the online shit. So if you have Burnout: Paradise and all of the DLC for the PS3 hit me up my PSN is HighWayStar_365.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
blackswitch900
blackswitch900
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-13 16:09:47 Reply

starcraft 2, cs go, and dark souls pvp

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-13 17:09:28 Reply

I've finally beaten Dragon Age: Origins.

Man, this game is long! It's a very solid RPG though. Well worth a play if you got the time.

In other news, I'm still playing A Link to the Past. I've got 5 crystals right now and things have been going pretty smooth. I am enjoying the game, although I don't quite see why some people choose it over Ocarina of Time. Then again, I suppose those people might be wondering why I would choose Ocarina of Time over A Link to the Past. In any case, I can definitely see it's a classic.

At 8/6/13 01:00 PM, Jackho wrote: Playing through The Legend of Zelda right now.

Last time I played this game was months ago and I never actually got to finishing it. I remember getting lost after the fourth dungeon and giving up. Now I'm back at the third dungeon and this game is fucking hard.

What a coincidence!

I should play the first Zelda someday.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-13 17:58:19 Reply

At 8/13/13 05:09 PM, Auz wrote: I should play the first Zelda someday.

I've pretty much given up again for now, but I have more fun with it than any or Zelda game I've played. I find the 3D games immensely boring. This one just throws you into the world to find your own way, while the newer games hold your hand through the exact same story again and again.

"Experience the challenge of endless adventure"

Best tagline ever.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-21 15:58:55 Reply

Decided to finally start playing Twilight Princess a few days ago and I'm really liking it. Definitely has more of a Ocarina of Time vibe to it than I recall Wind Waker having, which means I prefer TP over WW, although that's not to say I didn't like Wind Waker. Currently about 16 hours into the game not long after acquiring the Master Sword.

From what I gather, I'm nowhere near done with the game yet but as usual I can't help but think about what game I'll move onto once I beat this. Since I have the GameCube set up to play Twilight Princess I think I'll either move on to Ocarina of Time (got a GameCube copy), Tales of Symphonia or Skies of Arcadia. It'll probably be one of the latter two since I tend not to play games in the same series one after the other.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-21 16:37:50 Reply

At 8/13/13 05:58 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 8/13/13 05:09 PM, Auz wrote: I should play the first Zelda someday.
I've pretty much given up again for now, but I have more fun with it than any or Zelda game I've played. I find the 3D games immensely boring. This one just throws you into the world to find your own way, while the newer games hold your hand through the exact same story again and again.

I think that was generally how video games were back at the time, no? As far as I know, a lot of NES games were like "go figure it out yourself". If you wanted to know something, you had to buy a strategy guide.

Anyway, the thing that I do notice about 2D Zelda's is that they're a lot harder in terms of combat. In the 3D Zelda's I have no problems keeping myself alive but when playing 2D Zelda's I die constantly. I had 37 game overs during my A Link to the Past run, which is quite a lot considering I'm a fairly experienced Zelda player.

At 8/21/13 03:58 PM, Dean wrote: Decided to finally start playing Twilight Princess a few days ago and I'm really liking it. Definitely has more of a Ocarina of Time vibe to it than I recall Wind Waker having, which means I prefer TP over WW, although that's not to say I didn't like Wind Waker. Currently about 16 hours into the game not long after acquiring the Master Sword.

From what I gather, I'm nowhere near done with the game

I'm not sure about Skyward Sword, but Twilight Princess might be the longest Zelda game.

BBS Signature
GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-21 17:08:40 Reply

Anyway, the thing that I do notice about 2D Zelda's is that they're a lot harder in terms of combat. In the 3D Zelda's I have no problems keeping myself alive but when playing 2D Zelda's I die constantly. I had 37 game overs during my A Link to the Past run, which is quite a lot considering I'm a fairly experienced Zelda player.

Be sure to get all of the glass jars and fill them with blue potions and a faerie before boss battles. You'll see your number of games drop for a play-through.

Right now, I'm playing Dead Space 2 for the first time. I bought it a couple years ago after beating the first one, since i liked it so much. So far, from what I can remember of DS1, this one is much more terrifying and I can tell it's going to be more difficult.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-21 17:10:11 Reply

At 8/21/13 04:37 PM, Auz wrote: I think that was generally how video games were back at the time, no?

Yeah, but very few were open world especially on the same scale as Zelda. There's so many secrets hidden around that make it so much fun to just wander. None of the other Zeldas have that.

Anyway, the thing that I do notice about 2D Zelda's is that they're a lot harder in terms of combat.

The combat is definitely harder but that makes the other weapons so much more valuable, at least in the original.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-21 22:39:29 Reply

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

I got to say it's probably the longest (not counting Pokemon) and one of the most fun handheld game i've ever played counting at 40 hours and still not finished,if you enjoy Mario & RPG games this is a must for you.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
FlakJaketPro
FlakJaketPro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-21 23:04:35 Reply

Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars: Tiberium Essence Modification.
Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun.

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-21 23:37:39 Reply

GTA IV, since GTA V's coming out soon and all. I don't get the hate it gets around here, it's fantastic.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 17:34:49 Reply

Just beat Saints Row IV last night, did every event and mission/activity, seemed short.

Ehwaz003
Ehwaz003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 17:40:19 Reply

Dawn of War - Warhammer 40 -- Dark Crusade

Get your life back!

--- "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one", Friedrich Nietzsche ---

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 17:52:42 Reply

At 8/21/13 11:37 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote: GTA IV, since GTA V's coming out soon and all. I don't get the hate it gets around here, it's fantastic.

I haven't seen it get hate in ages. I think all the moaners actually went back and played Vice City, then realized how much of a colossal improvement IV was.

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-22 20:12:33 Reply

Been playing through Crysis 2 at the moment. I picked it up with the Origin Bundle, never played a Crysis game before but man this game is a blast!

retroarcademonkey
retroarcademonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Voice Actor
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 04:31:26 Reply

Just bought the humble origin bundle so....Mirror's Edge and the Sims 3.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 07:39:12 Reply

I started playing Bastion, which I got during the last Steam summer sale.

It's nothing too amazing, but fun nonetheless. I do like the narrator a lot.

At 8/21/13 05:08 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote:
Be sure to get all of the glass jars and fill them with blue potions and a faerie before boss battles. You'll see your number of games drop for a play-through.

I did so for as much as I could, but I still died pretty often. Sometimes I was even killed on my way back to the temple I died in.

At 8/21/13 05:10 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 8/21/13 04:37 PM, Auz wrote: I think that was generally how video games were back at the time, no?
Yeah, but very few were open world especially on the same scale as Zelda. There's so many secrets hidden around that make it so much fun to just wander. None of the other Zeldas have that.

Well I haven't played the original Zelda yet like I said, but I remember Ocarina of Time had loads of hidden secrets as well. Even years after I beat it I still found new things from time to time. But after Ocarina of Time it seemed like they cut back on the random secrets in the 3D Zelda's.

Anyway, the thing that I do notice about 2D Zelda's is that they're a lot harder in terms of combat.
The combat is definitely harder but that makes the other weapons so much more valuable, at least in the original.

Yeah, in the 3D Zelda's your sword and bow are more than adequate for almost every fight. In the 2D Zelda's you definitely make more use of your arsenal.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 09:01:51 Reply

At 8/23/13 07:39 AM, Auz wrote: I started playing Bastion, which I got during the last Steam summer sale.

I forgot all about buying that. In fact, I've neglected most of the games I bought in the Steam sales. I'd probably have been better off just keeping the money.

Also, I have a question for you guys. Do you focus on playing one game all the way through and then move onto something else, or play through multiple games at the same time?

As I said before I'm currently playing through Twilight princess, which is long. I'm not bored of it or anything but I have other games in the back of my mind that I also want to play (potentially longer games) and at times I find myself wanting to rush through one game so that I can move onto something else. I tend to play through one before playing something else, rather than play multiple games at once but I'm thinking I might change my strategy and start playing multiple games, but limiting it to maybe 2 or 3.

It's annoying to look at the games I'm currently listed as playing on Backloggery and realised that I haven't touched some of those games in months. I was having a blast with Mass Effect 2 then I played something else and completely neglected it. Same happened with Final Fantasy 6, Darksiders 2 and Fallout New Vegas. I want to play through all those games but I keep wanting to play even more games that I put before those.

Man, talk about first world problems but still, I have a problem. Too many of my games get half play-throughs and are then abandoned in favour of something else. And it's not even because I get bored of the original game, I just feel like changing things up.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
sharpnova
sharpnova
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-23 10:07:13 Reply

At 8/23/13 07:39 AM, Auz wrote: I started playing Bastion, which I got during the last Steam summer sale.

I thought Bastion was amazing. Perfect even. I regret it being over. I regret having played it so I can't play it for the first time right now.

Currently playing:
Skyrim Legendary Edition
Metroid Prime (first one)
Undead Nightmare
Borderlands 2 DLC's
some tiny indie games (trauma/gone home/beneath a steel sky)

I keep a rather huge multi-tab spreadsheet to manage my consumption of media (anime/shows/movies/games/books)

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Ninjosiah
Ninjosiah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 07:41:23 Reply

jamming an rpg called requital :p actually quite fun

HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 16:16:47 Reply

I'm getting back into the Sims 3 after a long hiatus.

oh god help me.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 17:50:25 Reply

I finished playing Bastion.

Now I got back into System Shock 2.

This game is pretty confusing. I'm just walking around not really knowing what to look for or where to go. I suppose that's part of the experience though.

At 8/23/13 09:01 AM, Dean wrote:
I forgot all about buying that. In fact, I've neglected most of the games I bought in the Steam sales. I'd probably have been better off just keeping the money.

I try not to buy too much so I can play everything before the next sale. Though currently I'm a bit swamped with about 10 unplayed/unfinished Steam games on my backloggery.

Also, I have a question for you guys. Do you focus on playing one game all the way through and then move onto something else, or play through multiple games at the same time?

In the past, I played games one at the time and really played them to death before diving into something new.

Nowadays I tend to play several simultaneously, although I do try not to start two very big games at once. Something like Bastion I'd play on the side, but for games like Dragon Age and The Elder Scrolls I want to take my time and absorb everything.

At 8/23/13 10:07 AM, sharpnova wrote:

I thought Bastion was amazing. Perfect even. I regret it being over. I regret having played it so I can't play it for the first time right now.

Hmm I'd say 3 stars out of 5. It's an enjoyable beat-em-up, but nothing too amazing in my opinion.

I do have to say that I'm generally not that into indie games though.

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 19:42:43 Reply

Saints Row IV. I love the series and I don't like the direction they are taking with it's story but the game is TONS OF FUN! It's like a fun sandwich and inside it, it has fun meat, and some good fun condiments.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 20:03:46 Reply

At 8/24/13 07:42 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Saints Row IV. I love the series and I don't like the direction they are taking with it's story but the game is TONS OF FUN! It's like a fun sandwich and inside it, it has fun meat, and some good fun condiments.

But seriously, where do they go from here?

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 20:10:07 Reply

At 8/24/13 08:03 PM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 8/24/13 07:42 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: Saints Row IV. I love the series and I don't like the direction they are taking with it's story but the game is TONS OF FUN! It's like a fun sandwich and inside it, it has fun meat, and some good fun condiments.
But seriously, where do they go from here?

Hard to tell. But Volition will probably come up with something more crazy than IV to keep the franchise going. I mean you're fighting aliens in a simulated world. At this point anythings possible.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 23:03:21 Reply

At 8/22/13 05:52 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 8/21/13 11:37 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote: GTA IV, since GTA V's coming out soon and all. I don't get the hate it gets around here, it's fantastic.
I haven't seen it get hate in ages. I think all the moaners actually went back and played Vice City, then realized how much of a colossal improvement IV was.

Personally I still enjoy San Andreas more than IV. The story and gameplay mechanics are definitely far better in IV than any of the other games, but SA is just more fun to play. Though that doesn't matter since V looks to be better than either games combines.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-08-24 23:04:33 Reply

At 8/24/13 11:03 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote: Personally I still enjoy San Andreas more than IV. The story and gameplay mechanics are definitely far better in IV than any of the other games, but SA is just more fun to play. Though that doesn't matter since V looks to be better than either games combined.

Fixed. I need to stop forgetting to proofread my posts.