New Topic Respond to this Topic
mrPikminlord
mrPikminlord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 03:11 PM Reply

I got to admit, Legend of Zelda Majoria's (hope I spelled that right) Mask is one of them....

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 7/5/13 02:57 PM, SineRider wrote: I've had some free time recently, so I've been playing through some Steam games I've collected over the years.
I just finished F.E.A.R. last week. Man that was a fun game, definitely one of my favorite FPS now. I've moved onto The Witcher which really surprised me how much I like it. I'm close to finishing chapter 2 so I got a ways to go with that. I also picked up The Witcher 2 on GOG when it was on sale so I have that lined up too.

Oh dude the first FEAR is freaking amazing. Back in the day, I thought the ai for the enemies were really good. I also liked the little bits of horror here and there.

And I'm glad that you like the Witcher 1. The prologue and the first chapter are, unfortunately, the worst parts in the entire game. The story starts to pick up around the end of chapter 2. And make sure to keep your save because the choices that you made in the Witcher 1 will transfer over to the Witcher 2, which I consider to be the better game.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 7/5/13 05:25 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Oh dude the first FEAR is freaking amazing. Back in the day, I thought the ai for the enemies were really good. I also liked the little bits of horror here and there.

I was surprised how well FEAR holds up. I had it on 360 when it came out and liked it, and now I like even more playing it on a PC. It just feels better. The AI is still pretty impressive imo.

And I'm glad that you like the Witcher 1. The prologue and the first chapter are, unfortunately, the worst parts in the entire game. The story starts to pick up around the end of chapter 2. And make sure to keep your save because the choices that you made in the Witcher 1 will transfer over to the Witcher 2, which I consider to be the better game.

Yeah, I'm starting to get into the story more and I'm grasping alchemy better. I didn't know save files could be transferred over to the second game, that's pretty awesome. Now I look forward to playing it even more haha

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 11:07 PM Reply

I've been playing a lot of Pokemon Pearl this week whilst my room mate played his Pokemon White. It's definitely the weakest of the main series games I've played, but it feels decent getting back into it having not played it for three years. Still got all my old Pokemon and I'm working on getting one of everything. Currently have about 350 different Pokemon, hatched about 45-50 eggs this week alone which wasn't as dull as it sounds.

Nice break from the constant RPG grind I've been doing lately. Anyone else agree that throwing a less intense game in after a while feels pretty good?

HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 5th, 2013 @ 11:11 PM Reply

currently trying to beat Boarderlands 2 on Vault Hunter mode and get the rest of the trophies but i'm not having too much fun with it :/

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 06:42 PM Reply

I started with Dragon Age: Origins. Judging from the first hour, it looks like a pretty deep RPG. I do have to say that the controls feel a bit awkward, but I guess that's a matter of getting used to them.

I also got Animal Crossing for my b-day which I played it for a bit. The game looks pretty cute.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 6th, 2013 @ 11:59 PM Reply

Poker Night 2: Down to the last bounty challenge and I'm getting close to buying the last two unlockables.

The Witcher 2: Going through my second play-through. My first one was with Iorveth, now I'm playing the Roche path.

DmC: Finish the main story fairly quickly. I can see that this game has earned a ton of unwarranted hatred. I'm waiting for the Steam summer sale so I can pick up the Vergil's Downfall DLC for cheap.

BBS Signature
MexicanGun
MexicanGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 7th, 2013 @ 02:44 AM Reply

I've been playing a lot of minecraft lately. And sometimes, Rise Of Nations.

wut

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 8th, 2013 @ 01:11 AM Reply

At 7/4/13 09:34 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 7/4/13 05:50 PM, Elixur wrote: Conquered the first two bosses and I'm Lvl 56 at the moment. Equipment wise I'm rocking the silver set (should probably upgrade) blood cape and the double jump bracer + life drain bracer. I've molded a very much tank character with high HP + Dmg and my favorite class thus far is either Hokage or Paladin, but Miner is great for gold farming.
I'm Lvl 90 something and haven't even attempted the second boss. Not sure why, I could probably easily take him out at this point. I'm using a lot of blood armour and runes, enough for 11hp per kill anyway. Lich and Hokage are my favourites.

Just took down the final boss at Lvl 96,
Equipment setup:
Royal Sword
Ranger Helm
Sky Armour
Knight Leggings
Dragon Cape
Vault Rune
Siphon Rune

I adventured a bit too much grinding I think than what was required, the game is easily beatable at much much lower levels. Kinda just wanted to find awesome gear for NG+ though and did manage some solid pickups.

Fun game, although I won't be doing another playthrough anytime soon, I'm glad I experienced what Rogue Legacy had to offer. Looking forward to Cellar Door Games future releases definitely.

Finished Final Fantasy (Origins-PS1) using my Knight/Monk/Red Mage/White Mage party. I had forgotten the god awful high encounter rate the game suffers from, was still enjoyable to relive the classic though. Monks in the late game are so broken and overpowered; I casted Haste, used the Giant's gloves effect on him (Sabre +Att and Acc) and further boosted him with the Steel spell and he was hitting 12+ hits per turn for like 1400 dmg on Chaos. Killing the final boss in three turns is a huge disappointment (I was on Normal mode) and I kinda feel like searching for a hard mode difficulty mod. My backlog beckons though so, I'll be moving onto either Grandia or Valkyrie Profile.

Finished Breath of Fire III and god damn I love that game man. The final fight with Teepo in his dragon form has such an amazing atmosphere to the fight and is probably the toughest boss in the game. (more so that Myria even) The dragon transformations in 3 are the best the series has to offer, with tons of customization in your gene choice and porving to be useful without being overpowered. (Breath of Fire has brokenly strong dragon forms, Breath of Fire II they were borderline useless and III struck a fine balance for sure)

Rei's weretiger form is so badass and Nina can really dish out that heavy magic damage. Ryu/Nina/Rei is easily my favorite setup (Onion dude has too low def, Momo has no usefull innate skills and Garr is just a tank -although a cool one)

THE BROOD AWAKENS

For those wondering, like six months ago I went crazy and bought like fifteen psone titles and have been playing catchup, tis why all I'm playing is classic rpgs

Did take a break and gave Cube World a go. It caters more to the action rpg audience with a minecraft aesthetic, I don't see it going huge like Terraria or Minecraft though. I noticed balancing issues and after the initial impressions (maybe ten-twenty hours of exploration) it only offers grind. Highly suggest multi-player because single player is boring as tits.

Which reminds me I'm looking forward to the Terraria update 1.2 and the loads of new content. Supposedly there will be new building materials, a few new biomes, equipment tiers, new enemies, four new bosses and other goodies.

Excited to jump into Valkyrie profile, I heavily enjoy the mythos, art style, etc in many ways it's Enix's equivalent to Square's Vagrant Story. (which I've put on hiatus for the time being) Arngrim with his huge fucking sword, you think Cloud has a massive slab of steel? Hah don't make me laugh. The combo system I recall (haven't played it in like ten years) gave the battle system an action rpg hint of flair which I haven't seen duplicated other than the game's sequel.

Having a hankering to replay some old school horror games, thinking either System Shock 2 or Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly next weekend. Hell, probably go ahead and download both.

At 7/5/13 05:25 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 7/5/13 02:57 PM, SineRider wrote: I've had some free time recently, so I've been playing through some Steam games I've collected over the years.
I just finished F.E.A.R. last week. Man that was a fun game, definitely one of my favorite FPS now. I've moved onto The Witcher which really surprised me how much I like it. I'm close to finishing chapter 2 so I got a ways to go with that. I also picked up The Witcher 2 on GOG when it was on sale so I have that lined up too.
Oh dude the first FEAR is freaking amazing. Back in the day, I thought the ai for the enemies were really good. I also liked the little bits of horror here and there.

Yeah, FEAR came out around a sort of peak when Japanese psychological horror films were being brought over to the U.S. and Alma oozes tension in her very presence. Great game, I always respect when devs take First Person Shooters and focus the gameplay in other directions rather than constant action.

Other scary games I have played and can recommend:

Going for lesser known titles

Penumbra (Amnesia was the successor)
Siren
Pathologic
Yume Nikki
Haunting Ground
STALKER
Thief 3- Into the Cradle level
Echo Night
Kuon (PS2
The Path (PC
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
Planescape Torment
Sanitarium
Rule of Rose
The White Chamber
Call of Cthulhu
Eternal Darkness
System Shock 2
Cold Fear
Fatal Frame (specifically 2+4
Clock Tower
Snatcher
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

Gonna kick myself later when I realize some I've forgotten...

The Game You're Currently Playing

BBS Signature
Tattii
Tattii
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 8th, 2013 @ 11:36 AM Reply

I'm currently playing Skyward Sword. I like it .

FlakJaketPro
FlakJaketPro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 06:54 PM Reply

Rape Lay

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 7/8/13 01:11 AM, Elixur wrote: Did take a break and gave Cube World a go. It caters more to the action rpg audience with a minecraft aesthetic, I don't see it going huge like Terraria or Minecraft though. I noticed balancing issues and after the initial impressions (maybe ten-twenty hours of exploration) it only offers grind. Highly suggest multi-player because single player is boring as tits.

It's in Alpha right now and nothing is really implemented yet. This is like a prototype of the basic gameplay. I think it will go huge... it already is getting sort of big. Everyone is talking about how they can't get the game, but it shows that so many people want it. I was watching a few different Twitch streams and people were constantly talking about it. It's definitely popular already.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 11:30 PM Reply

Got a copy of Final Fantasy X-2 practically brand new the other day for $8. Unfortunately, the only console that can play it is at my dad's, which I won't be at until next week.

At my mom's I'm playing the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing again.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 9th, 2013 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 7/9/13 11:30 PM, Eddmario wrote: Got a copy of Final Fantasy X-2 practically brand new the other day for $8. Unfortunately, the only console that can play it is at my dad's, which I won't be at until next week.

At my mom's I'm playing the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing again.

My suggestion, once you get the Dark Knight dress sphere, use it.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 12:45 AM Reply

I just got the platinum trophy for Mass Effect 2 after beating it on insanity.
One of my proudest gaming-related achievements.
Next up, I'm getting the inFAMOUS and inFAMOUS 2 platinums.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Splats
Splats
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 10th, 2013 @ 05:24 AM Reply

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I'm going through the whole Mass Effect series again after buying the first one. Have nearly finished the original Darksiders, and the second one is waiting for me. Also: Metro 2033 and Saints Row: The Third (yes I bought the THQ bundle). Been practicing SoulCalibur II, IV & V with friends, and jumping in Borderlands and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World with three buds never hurts either. Plus, my 3rd playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. To everyone who hasn't played it yet: just do it. It's like nothing you've ever played before.

Earthbound.

That's awesome too, though. :D

Steam - Last.fm
IVE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY I KILLED YOUR BABY TODAY

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 13th, 2013 @ 03:11 PM Reply

Gonna tear through Dodonpachi Saidaioujou today, or at least try. Buddy suggested it as one of the meaner bullet hells that'll tear you a new rectum.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 13th, 2013 @ 04:03 PM Reply

Played through Injustice's single player mode last night on a friend's PS3. Pretty solid fighting game with a neat system and cast of characters. I definitely liked this one more than the newest Mortal Kombat game.

Also, I didn't like how Shazam died. :(

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 13th, 2013 @ 04:58 PM Reply

Been playing Metroid Prime, which I recently bought after beating Metroid and Metroid II.

Controls were awkward at first but I'm starting to enjoy it. The only problem I have is with the completely retarded platforming since you can't jump and look down at the same time, which is dumb as hell. Other than that it's pretty fun but I'd much prefer if it had conventional FPS thumbstick controls. Halo came out a year before, and even N64 shooters had those control layouts, so there's no excuse for this.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 19th, 2013 @ 03:50 AM Reply

Got my sticky fingers on a beta key for -The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot- and I've been having fun building my own castle and taking on others. When the game gets released publicly I can suggest it if you're in the mood for a Diablo clone with a little twist and different skin. Right now the user created pool is still low, but I imagine it will explode.

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 19th, 2013 @ 08:05 AM Reply

Earthbound on the WII U VC,having a blast on the 52" Big screen plasma ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 19th, 2013 @ 03:48 PM Reply

Played through Vampire Night (PS2) the other day. It's a Lightgun Shooter, so naturally the story isn't really dense. But it's still a nice game. Shooting at Vampires and Werewolfes is something different.
The only thing that really sucks is the voice acting. "It's so bad".

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 19th, 2013 @ 04:19 PM Reply

Been playing the crap outta timesplitters 2 and 3 lately. I forgot how much fun they could be.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
HorsesFlash
HorsesFlash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 20th, 2013 @ 01:16 AM Reply

Max Payne 3. I have a long list of old games I still haven't gotten too.

The best flash Horse Games, Cooking Games and Dress Up Game around.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 20th, 2013 @ 06:00 AM Reply

At 7/19/13 08:05 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Earthbound on the WII U VC,having a blast on the 52" Big screen plasma ^_^

Didn't even realize Mother 2 was being considered for a digital release. I'm sure the Ebay collectors are feeling the impact in their wallets. I need to ask myself if an Earthbound playthrough is in order... think the last time I skipped by Onett was back in.. 2008?

Still gotta finish Breath of Fire II and Phantasy Star IV on my Wii first.

Imagine a Mother 4 on next gen consoles with a Ni No Kuni art style and humor/pop culture references/wacky and insane enemy + location designs in tact. I'd spray the walls with my love juice.

BBS Signature
CalebStafford
CalebStafford
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 20th, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Captain-Slugworth
Captain-Slugworth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 20th, 2013 @ 04:57 PM Reply

well ..
I've just completed Cry of Fear
Tis' got a few jump scares but it's a good game

Satan
Satan
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 20th, 2013 @ 05:13 PM Reply

Sonic CD, and Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012)

BBS Signature
Mechabloby
Mechabloby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 21st, 2013 @ 10:52 AM Reply

Taking a break from Dark Souls, I think I'll start playing either Sleeping Dogs or FarCry 3.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |
it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature
Grimdalus
Grimdalus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing Jul. 21st, 2013 @ 11:18 AM Reply

I'm playing Guns of Icarus online.

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature