00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

353,405 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-01 23:10:52

At 9/1/13 08:28 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: But since you say you don't really play fighters and you still at least made it to Shao Khan despite that, that's a good sign, because I'm pretty good at most fighters.

i kept using the d-pad during the tutorial for combos and it took me an entire frustrating hour until i figured out that using the joystick would make the johnny cage actually throw a fireball 90% of the time instead of a 1 in 10 chance

i don't mind switching characters in the middle of the story but starting them off on tag teams is just a dick move because it takes time to nail the move lists into my head

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-02 07:38:35

Just started playing Pokemon Black, and I got to say I was surprised at first with the direction they wanted to go with the villains of the game (Team plasma), a group of well intioned extremist that actually bring up a question few people in the pokemon universe (except Mewtwo in the movie) has failed to ask themselves. Are pokemon really happy when they're in the captivity of trainers and other humans? Are we not treating them as slaves? Forcing them to fight in battles for our amusement, being traded amongst people like they're property.

With that I thought the game has gained a little more depth... Well until I faced off with their grunts which are not some much as well intentioned extremist and more hilariously evil idiots that don't see the hypocrisy in what they're doing. Also one of the leaders is obviously using the whole organization as a means to an end for something.

Incidentally I thought of a great parody. "Pikachu Unchained"

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-02 07:42:29

"Die you cock-breathed commie motherfuckers!"

That is just a sample of the in game dialogue from Rouge Warrior.

Quite rubbish, but reminds me slightly of the original Soldier of Fortune.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-02 07:57:12

At 9/2/13 07:38 AM, Mismo wrote: Incidentally I thought of a great parody. "Pikachu Unchained"

PETA made something like that, actually.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-02 09:53:50

At 9/2/13 07:57 AM, Auz wrote:
At 9/2/13 07:38 AM, Mismo wrote: Incidentally I thought of a great parody. "Pikachu Unchained"
PETA made something like that, actually.

Come to think of it, Team Plasma is actually a lot like PETA.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-02 12:54:45

I beat System Shock 2 (for the first time).

Honestly, this is one of the best games I've ever played.

It's definitely not perfect. The graphics aren't that good (not even for its time) and the game isn't all that hard to beat. But in terms of storytelling and in terms of atmosphere this game is absolutely amazing. From what I heard, it was also very revolutionary at the time it came out and a lot of modern games still derive inspiration from the System Shock series (for example, look at GlaDOS from Portal).

So I highly recommend it. I feel like anyone who has an interest in video games ought to play this game someday.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-04 00:16:31

Oh my goodness, Far Cry 3 is amazing. The difficulty of certain tasks is a bit above what I'd consider reasonable, however.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-04 04:26:18

I've just started Silent Hill 3 for the very first time and I've been really stoked to play this for a long time. Especially after playing through Silent Hill 2 no less than 7 times in the past year and succeeding in earning a 10* rank which is no mean feat.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-12 09:29:43

I played through Half-Life.

The first 2-3 hours I didn't like the game all that much, but it gets better as you progress. Like Half-Life 2, it's quite immersive towards the end and I like the variety in the gameplay. I do have to say that the physics are a bit awkward sometimes; the platforming segments can be quite frustrating because you have very little jumping control and from time to time I got stuck within an object or a wall or something and had to kill myself.

Overall I liked Half-Life 2 better, but the first Half-Life is definitely worth a play as well if you're interested in classic FPS.

I think I'm going to play Torchlight II next.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-12 10:06:46

At 9/4/13 04:26 AM, sushi13 wrote: I've just started Silent Hill 3 for the very first time and I've been really stoked to play this for a long time. Especially after playing through Silent Hill 2 no less than 7 times in the past year and succeeding in earning a 10* rank which is no mean feat.

Have you played the original? It's my favorite. Origins, Shattered Memories and the Room are okay but 1 and 2 are the highlight of the series.

At 9/12/13 09:29 AM, Auz wrote: Overall I liked Half-Life 2 better, but the first Half-Life is definitely worth a play as well if you're interested in classic FPS.

How about Opposing Force? It's the best thing to come from Half Life 1 imo.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-12 10:12:59

At 9/12/13 10:06 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 9/12/13 09:29 AM, Auz wrote: Overall I liked Half-Life 2 better, but the first Half-Life is definitely worth a play as well if you're interested in classic FPS.
How about Opposing Force? It's the best thing to come from Half Life 1 imo.

I haven't played that one yet. I'm probably going to pick it up in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 01:02:22

At 9/2/13 12:54 PM, Auz wrote: I beat System Shock 2 (for the first time).

It's definitely not perfect. The graphics aren't that good (not even for its time) and the game isn't all that hard to beat. But in terms of storytelling and in terms of atmosphere this game is absolutely amazing. From what I heard, it was also very revolutionary at the time it came out and a lot of modern games still derive inspiration from the System Shock series (for example, look at GlaDOS from Portal).

So I highly recommend it. I feel like anyone who has an interest in video games ought to play this game someday.

I loved this game straight through, but those last two minutes ruined it. The horror... the feeling of being actually there... the experience of being nothing but an insect, a pathetic creature of meat and bone... the existential crisis within the walls of the Von Braun... all swept away in a single word.

Nah...

Some people defend the silent protagonist because it is kind of a badass moment, but I feel like it spoiled the mood and the message behind the entire concept of the game.

Bioshock and it's sequels were great, but they don't hold a candle. Shodan was also the influence behind Glados from Portal, so it's roots are really far outstretched. It came about in that era where FPS was really get it's feet wet and experimenting.

If you haven't try Deus Ex and Thief + Thief II. Some true gems. RIP Looking Glass Studios :'(

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 09:35:12

DMC and i think i'm gonna replay mgs3 :P
Also Dragon Nest, awesome game

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 10:28:38

At 9/13/13 01:02 AM, Elixur wrote:
At 9/2/13 12:54 PM, Auz wrote: I beat System Shock 2 (for the first time).

I loved this game straight through, but those last two minutes ruined it. The horror... the feeling of being actually there... the experience of being nothing but an insect, a pathetic creature of meat and bone... the existential crisis within the walls of the Von Braun... all swept away in a single word.

Nah...
Some people defend the silent protagonist because it is kind of a badass moment, but I feel like it spoiled the mood and the message behind the entire concept of the game.

I really wasn't sure what to think of that when the ending was over.

I get that it was a bit of comic relief to break the incredibly tight tension of the last stages of the game, but it seemed so unfitting and unrealistic. I would expect that the protagonist would nearly be driven insane at that point, but now it sounded like he was completely indifferent about the things he witnessed and felt perfectly fine about battering his old crew mates to death with a wrench. It just alienates you, as a player, from the character you're playing as.

It's not that it completely ruined the game for me because the game is fantastic otherwise, but I definitely would've liked the ending much better if the protagonist kept his mouth shut.

Bioshock and it's sequels were great, but they don't hold a candle. Shodan was also the influence behind Glados from Portal, so it's roots are really far outstretched. It came about in that era where FPS was really get it's feet wet and experimenting.

If you haven't try Deus Ex and Thief + Thief II. Some true gems. RIP Looking Glass Studios :'(

I'm going to pick up Deus Ex in the future and maybe Thief as well. I heard they were really genre defining games along with System Shock.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 18:07:15

At 9/12/13 09:29 AM, Auz wrote: I think I'm going to play Torchlight II next.

Been playing this for a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying it thus far.

I like how the game has everything those Diablo-like RPGs have, yet you do not have to think/worry too much about character set-up and everything. It's fast-paced right from the beginning and everything feels very intuitive.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 07:28:58

LoZ: OOT 3D

Again

Amicum cum volo illi sunt bonum habere

Pro amor Deus, Satanus et populus christianus.

Pater noster qui in infernis

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 08:15:07

Saints row 3

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 23:15:29

At 9/14/13 08:15 AM, Draco320 wrote: Saints row 3

That game is so much better than people say it is.

At 9/14/13 09:37 PM, ultragame10 wrote: I've been really addicted to SKyrim

I remember when all I played without exception was Skyrim...for hoooours.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 23:16:32

>mfw nobody is playing Tiberian Sun

The Game You're Currently Playing

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-15 09:45:05

playing stuff here on NG and some shit text based browser games

i live a very exciting life

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-17 11:22:28

Just bought Bioshock: Infinite the other day. I beat it yesterday, and started on 1999 mode.
The normal game gets hard about halfway through, even on easy, but 1999 mode is almost damn-near impossible, since you're limited in the ammo and money you can get, the fact that enemies deal twice as much damage to you, and if you die, you lose $100, and if you don't have enough, it sends you back to the main menu. Oh, and there are even less save points.

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-17 16:55:40

The Walking Dead 400 days mod from Telltale games, its an emotional ride!

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...

Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-17 17:15:54

Torchlight!

See you space cowboy

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-20 13:55:20

So I picked up The Binding of Isaac (I know I am late to the party) since @iMini talked a bit about it in his interview and I wondered if it was really that good like he said. Safe to say that it is. It was at first a little bit steep to get accustomed to the dificulty but I soon got the hang out of it. Indeed, every run is different and an unique experience. Played the base game for a fair amount of time and will probably get the Wrath of The Lamb DLC later on, didn't get it so far as I first wanted to see if this game is of my liking and I also read that the base game is a bit easier. It's crazy how at first you already call your blessings when you see that a fight with one of the Harbingers or with the Fallen/Krampus is upcoming and later on you easily defeat them.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-20 16:05:01

I almost beaten metroid prime 2 (echoes) but I have no idea how to get pass the phazon charged dark samus before dark aether blows up. any tips would be appreciated.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-20 18:31:47

I've just beaten Torchlight II.

Generally quite a fun game. You can tell the creators really did their best to make the game as fun and easy-to-play as possible.

I do wish they would've put more effort in writing a proper story though. The plot seems to have potential in the beginning, but halfway in you realise it's all very minimalistic and only serves to push you forward. Because of that, the game does feel a bit like 25 hours of brainless baddie smashing with not much else to it. And what makes it feel more brainless is that the "normal" difficulty is actually hardly challenging at all.

Anyway, I'm probably going to keep playing for a while. I liked the game still and there's quite a lot of end game content from what I've read.

At 9/20/13 04:05 PM, tsukikomi wrote: I almost beaten metroid prime 2 (echoes) but I have no idea how to get pass the phazon charged dark samus before dark aether blows up. any tips would be appreciated.

You don't know how to damage him or you just have difficulties beating him in general?

If the former, I'm guessing that you don't know that you have to keep your beam charged to absorb the phazon s/he's firing upwards in one of his/her attacks. I remember I didn't immediately figure that out when I first fought Dark Samus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-20 18:38:31

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and Pikmin 3.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 12:57:19

At 9/20/13 06:31 PM, Auz wrote: You don't know how to damage him or you just have difficulties beating him in general?

If the former, I'm guessing that you don't know that you have to keep your beam charged to absorb the phazon s/he's firing upwards in one of his/her attacks. I remember I didn't immediately figure that out when I first fought Dark Samus.

So it doesn't matter which arm cannon and I aim it to those projectiles? I'll give it a try thanks.

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 13:45:19

Dusted off my copy of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the Nintendo 64. I forgot how great that game is, it's just one of those games that makes you happy all the time.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 13:58:53

Shao Khan is fucking bullshit. I'm stuck on the second fight with him.

Also, I'm not sure how to get to do actual missions in Just Cause 2. I just keep wandering around destroying things and all I find is racing challenges.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature