New Topic Respond to this Topic
PMMurphy
PMMurphy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-22 11:42:19 Reply

I played fallout 3 for a while. Now im playing skyrim.

Havn't been able to buy the dlcs yet. Waiting on my paycheck :(.

I bought GOTY edition i was like "YES I GET ALL DLCS". Installed it and all they did was give me a sheet of paper telling me they exist. I was pretty mad.

Then my brother a few days later saw another version of skyrim called the "delux edition" that came with DLCS.

I don't feel like buying GOTY and DELUX editions. So bethsoft well played, you just drained about 20 dollars out of my bank.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-24 00:35:42 Reply

I've returned to Contra recently. It's been a worthy adversary.

It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-24 13:49:21 Reply

Started playing The Walking Dead again. Finished Episode 4 yesterday, now on to Episode 5 (alone, because the whole group is just a bunch of wussies. Especially Kenny!)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-24 14:32:43 Reply

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a.k.a Poor Man's Skyrim

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-24 17:33:28 Reply

At 6/17/13 10:17 AM, Auz wrote: I'm going to do a rerun of GTA Vice City.

Definitely as good as I remember it to be. Seriously, in terms of atmosphere, this is one of the best games I've ever played.

I'll also be playing Super Mario Sunshine a bit more frequently. My brother finally agreed to give me his GameCube (which he never uses anyway) so I moved it over to my apartment. I'm thinking about looking for some more GameCube games to add to my collection now. Tales of Symphonia and Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door are two games I'd love to get my hands on someday. Maybe Animal Crossing and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem too.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-25 00:35:41 Reply

At 6/24/13 02:32 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a.k.a Poor Man's Skyrim

Nah, Dragon's Dogma is way better IMO. I haven't played DA, but I played the original game until near the end of NG+ when I was so powerful it became boring. Meteor storm was 1-hitting almost everything in the game. I just finished up the campaign of Saints Row 3 and it was alright. Starting up a new run of XCOM: Enemy Unkown on impossible now. I never would have played it if it wasn't free for PS+, but I was really missing out. I had a 24hr+ session when I started my first playthrough. I can't remember the last time I played a game for that long straight. 9/10 would highly recommend

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-25 00:50:42 Reply

Jester is finally joining the Witcher 2 party while redoing the co-op campaign for Splinter Cell: Conviction with a friend of mine. They're both pretty great.

I'm also going through Dark Souls for the first but it's on hold for the moment due to the aforementioned games.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-25 01:06:28 Reply

At 6/24/13 02:32 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a.k.a Poor Man's Skyrim

Skyrim fucking blows.

Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-27 17:21:35 Reply

Company of Heroes 2

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-27 17:23:57 Reply

Saint's Row 3.

Good lord its like GTA but.... actually fun.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-27 20:24:09 Reply

At 6/27/13 05:23 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Saint's Row 3.

If only they didn't gut content to push out lodsofdlc. It's still a good game, though, and I can't argue with the price of free. Did you get it from PS+ too?

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-27 20:30:10 Reply

At 6/27/13 08:24 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
At 6/27/13 05:23 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Saint's Row 3.

If only they didn't gut content to push out lodsofdlc. It's still a good game, though, and I can't argue with the price of free. Did you get it from PS+ too?

Yep. Next is Deus Ex and LBP Karting probably.

Oh, and XCOM

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-28 00:12:49 Reply

At 6/24/13 05:33 PM, Auz wrote:
At 6/17/13 10:17 AM, Auz wrote: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

I could fill this entire reply box and not say enough good things about this game.

Other titles you should check out:

Killer7
Viewtiful Joe
Soul Calibur II
Metroid Prime (no shit Sherlock)
Wind Waker (again)
RE4 (now this is just offensive)
RE0
Beyond Good and Evil
F Zero GX
Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine gets a bad rap and it's not at all justified. The OST was amazingly varied, one of the best hub worlds, the Fludd mechanics were creative and the level design I dare say was even better than Mario 64.

Tales of Symphonia is some people's favourite in the Tales Of series, but more than likely they are suffering from FF7 syndrome. I mean it is well above average, but if you decide you are interested in the series take a trip down history road and give Tales of Destiny/Phantasia a chance and you decide you prefer them. (I certainly do, but I'm a sucker for 2D)

Paper Mario Thousand Year Door is a perfect sequel and deserves all the praise it gets. Super Mario RPG is still king though.

Animal Crossing I've never gotten into honestly, but I've seen people become obsessed with the game like an MMO, so play at your own caution.

At 6/25/13 12:50 AM, Jester wrote:
I'm also going through Dark Souls for the first

General Tips:
Upgrading your weapon is more of a priority over leveling up.

The game world is open world, but if you find you're having too much trouble you're probably someplace you shouldn't be yet.

Do not kill NPCs.

Your starting class and gift do not matter in the grand scheme of things.

Any melee weapon that isn't obviously terrible is more than capable of carrying you through the whole game.

Stat returns past 40 are diminished.

Never put points in Res.

Kite enemies (bow and arrow) and tackle them one on one.

Always carry homeward bones with you. Also blooming purple moss.

READ ITEM/EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTIONS.

Do not use a guide for your first blind run, cherish the experience.

Do not use the Drake Sword, if you've never heard of it good forget I mentioned anything.

If Capra Demon rocks you hard focus on the dogs first, use a pine resin weapon buff and time your rolls so your Invincibility frames make you pass through his weapon.

The skeletons in the catacombs do not revive if killed with divine weapons.

Kindle the bonfire for more Estus flasks if you need it.

Spider shield prevents toxic. (Blight town)

Take your time and do not be afraid to explore.

May the flames guide thee, chosen undead.

At 6/27/13 08:30 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:

Yep. Next is Deus Ex and LBP Karting probably.

Oh, and XCOM

I assume you mean Deus Ex Human Revolution? Both the original and HR are both fucking prime examples of brilliant game design. You're in for a wild ride my friend. Only real complaints were the boss battles and Adam Jenson sounding like Keanu Reeves. That aside the storyline is excellent, (blade runner vibe) acting/dialogue is above average, characters had depth, tons of abilities, nice pacing, open ended level design, fantastic AI, your choices were grey shaded rather than black/white, music fits the atmosphere and scope of the world and story, etc.

After you give the game a thorough play, pop back in here and share your thoughts.

~~~
12 Hrs. into Vagrant Story, Finished Disgaea IV and I'm past the child Ryu portion of BoFIII. Doing a quick 100% play-through of Super Metroid/ Metroid Fusion tonight, just in that sexy space bounty hunter mood ya know?

The Game You're Currently Playing

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-28 11:59:53 Reply

Purchased Rogue Legacy on Steam today so that's my new time sink. Roughly two and a half hours in so far and I cannot encourage you guys play it enough. Plays like a pseudo- Castlevania rogue like and has defined areas with bosses at the end. Along the way you collect gold which you can spend to acquire skills, upgrade your stats/equipment/etc and when you die you select between a few relatives of the previous character that had died. Since each have their own unique skills and traits, it adds some depth to the experience.

There are challenges sprinkled about in the levels, (A treasure chest will be at the end of a room littered with spikes and you have to reach it without taking damage or it will lock, just one example) the platforming controls seem solid and the art style is very reminiscent of something you would see here on Newgrounds -which could be seen as either a positive or negative-.

Sound wise the music is sparse although what is there isn't off-putting, I feel the sound effects for your dude/chick swing the sword and enemies screeching etc were all on point. There are plenty of different kinds of enemy designs throughout each themed stage. Level Design constantly changes with each run but I'd say overall it's fair most the time, luck does play a huge role in your success however.

So yeah, anyway, this is probably what will be eating up my time for the next few days-week. Might manage a few more hours of Vagrant Story, I know I'm nearing the 3/4 mark so it shouldn't be long now until i clear. Still unsure what title I'm gonna tackle next.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-28 12:21:42 Reply

I've been playing Metro: Last Light for the past couple of days.
Not gonna lie, it's pretty fun.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Mechabloby
Mechabloby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-29 13:41:34 Reply

The last game I played (and have been playing for the past week or so) is Dark Souls. I love the amount of detail for exploration in each location on this game, as well as the distinctive bosses you face throughout the game.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |
it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-29 16:56:28 Reply

Rogue Legacy. This game is amazing. It's basically Spelunky + 10,000,000 with its own interesting twists and gameplay. I love games like this and this is one of the best I've played.

SweetenBoy
SweetenBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Programmer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-29 17:13:47 Reply

I've been playing a lot of playstation all-stars battle royale recently. It's a fun game, a different mix from smash bros and fun online play.

I usually tend to not play games at launch, instead I wait 6 months or so and get the game on sale :D

Imma supa cheap ass!

I'm loving and tolerating the shit outta you

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-29 17:42:33 Reply

Borderlands 2 with some buddies again. I bought Krieg during the amazon sale and he's interesting; a high-risk/reward kind of character.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-29 19:32:29 Reply

Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Super Metroid. Excellent games, of course.

Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-29 21:36:08 Reply

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I recently picked up Assassins's Creed for the pc, it was on a DVD of a computer magazine. Not far into it, only a few missions and I got my short blade back. So far I really like it and spend most of my time just freeroaming through the city and I am surprised how easily Altair can be controlled and pull of nice jumps and counter attacks - I am happy though that I have a XBox 360 controller because I can't imagine how difficult it would be to play it with keyboard and mouse ^^

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-30 01:05:44 Reply

I keep swapping through a few different games progressing on my main files but I can't seem to find one to stick with.

BBS Signature
ColbatWarrior552
ColbatWarrior552
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-30 01:07:23 Reply

I've been playing deus ex......the first one.
I'm enjoying it.

*Hands Kevlar vest* You'll need this

Wavepad
Wavepad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-30 07:36:01 Reply

Borderlands 2.
Such a great game.

| Steam | Meh |

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-07-04 17:50:00 Reply

At 6/28/13 11:59 AM, Elixur wrote: Purchased Rogue Legacy on Steam today so that's my new time sink. Roughly two and a half hours in so far and I cannot encourage you guys play it enough. Plays like a pseudo- Castlevania rogue like and has defined areas with bosses at the end. Along the way you collect gold which you can spend to acquire skills, upgrade your stats/equipment/etc and when you die you select between a few relatives of the previous character that had died. Since each have their own unique skills and traits, it adds some depth to the experience.

Conquered the first two bosses and I'm Lvl 56 at the moment. Equipment wise I'm rocking the silver set (should probably upgrade) blood cape and the double jump bracer + life drain bracer. I've molded a very much tank character with high HP + Dmg and my favorite class thus far is either Hokage or Paladin, but Miner is great for gold farming. The game is an absolute blast and if a sequel of sorts is ever made my only real criticism is there needs to be more areas and bosses. The initial startup always being in the castle can and does get annoying after hours of play. (you can use the architect to lock the dungeon layout and use warp points, but still)

I've heard there is a NG+ option, so I'm not sure if it offers more equipment/classes/bosses/content of any kind, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Starting a Final Fantasy (origins on ps1) marathon, hoping to clear by Sunday. Going to rock Warrior/Monk/Red Mage/White Mage for diversity.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-07-04 21:34:33 Reply

At 7/4/13 05:50 PM, Elixur wrote: Conquered the first two bosses and I'm Lvl 56 at the moment. Equipment wise I'm rocking the silver set (should probably upgrade) blood cape and the double jump bracer + life drain bracer. I've molded a very much tank character with high HP + Dmg and my favorite class thus far is either Hokage or Paladin, but Miner is great for gold farming.

I'm Lvl 90 something and haven't even attempted the second boss. Not sure why, I could probably easily take him out at this point. I'm using a lot of blood armour and runes, enough for 11hp per kill anyway. Lich and Hokage are my favourites.

Haven't played Rogue Legacy in a couple days though. I bought Skyrim Legendary Edition for $32 on Gamefly, so I've played a bit of that. I kind of hate Skyrim, but with mods it's a lot more enjoyable for me. I can easily remove problems I had with the game or add new things to keep it fun. Also bought Cube World today and I can see a ton of potential in it. It's pretty fun at the moment, but because it's in Alpha it is missing so much. Can get boring, but I'm sticking with it.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-07-05 10:29:55 Reply

Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles 4: Turtles in Time
Watched Gameplay for Reshelled it looked a lot lamer,less charming and surprisingly Cheesier in aesthetic then it's the original arcade release granted that it could have been more challenging seeing as the enemies your fighting could have freer movement in 3d space but this somehow makes it easier then before not to mention the \giving you 9 lives at the beginning. Music sucks ass to.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-07-05 14:03:02 Reply

Oh for the love of...

I forgot that GTA Vice City had some serious issues with save file corruption. I forgot to make a secondary file "just in case" too. I guess I'll be moving on to something else then >:(

At 6/28/13 12:12 AM, Elixur wrote: I could fill this entire reply box and not say enough good things about this game.

Other titles you should check out:

Metroid Prime (no shit Sherlock)
Wind Waker (again)

I already got these. Metroid Prime is high up in my list of favourite games. Wind Waker is good too, but I don't like it as much as some other people seem to do.

Killer7
Viewtiful Joe
Soul Calibur II
RE4 (now this is just offensive)
RE0
Beyond Good and Evil
F Zero GX
Luigi's Mansion

I was already thinking about picking up some of those. I'm curious about Beyond Good and Evil at least.

Super Mario Sunshine gets a bad rap and it's not at all justified. The OST was amazingly varied, one of the best hub worlds, the Fludd mechanics were creative and the level design I dare say was even better than Mario 64.

Yeah I agree. The game is fun, has great atmosphere and the Fludd thing is actually a pretty nice addition. I'm glad I picked it up.

Tales of Symphonia is some people's favourite in the Tales Of series, but more than likely they are suffering from FF7 syndrome. I mean it is well above average, but if you decide you are interested in the series take a trip down history road and give Tales of Destiny/Phantasia a chance and you decide you prefer them. (I certainly do, but I'm a sucker for 2D)

I think I got Phantasia for the GBA, but I haven't played it yet.

Paper Mario Thousand Year Door is a perfect sequel and deserves all the praise it gets. Super Mario RPG is still king though.

Only thing is that the game is very expensive though.

Animal Crossing I've never gotten into honestly, but I've seen people become obsessed with the game like an MMO, so play at your own caution.

Yeah I can imagine. The game looks a bit "you either love it or hate it".

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-07-05 14:57:23 Reply

I've had some free time recently, so I've been playing through some Steam games I've collected over the years.

I just finished F.E.A.R. last week. Man that was a fun game, definitely one of my favorite FPS now. I've moved onto The Witcher which really surprised me how much I like it. I'm close to finishing chapter 2 so I got a ways to go with that. I also picked up The Witcher 2 on GOG when it was on sale so I have that lined up too.

The other game I've been playing on and off is Sword of the Stars: The Pit, a fun little rogue-like, which I highly recommend.

TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-07-05 15:09:49 Reply

I finished Deus Ex HR and I'll make a larger post about it later.

Over all it was pretty damn good, but I don't quite think it was as good as I kept hearing about.

Oh also, those boss fights were awful. Like, really bad.

BBS Signature