00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Danielr1203 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

353,440 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-14 04:14:18

Currently playing:
Farcry 3
League of Legends
Awesomenauts
Lego City

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-14 06:14:08

At 5/13/13 11:52 AM, Kunera wrote: Anyway, I've been trying to decide on whether I want to play Fable: The Lost Chapters, Dragon Age: Origins, or Saints Row 2. Kind of in the mood for all of them, I just can't decide. As for what I've been playing, Super Mario Bros. 3 as of late.

I didn't like Fable all that much, but it has a few nice ideas to it.

I bought Dragon Age: Origins a while ago. I haven't started it yet though. I think I'm going to keep it for the summer holidays as it seems like a huge game to me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-14 07:02:30

I haven't really been playing any games regularly recently, which is weird seeing as I have nothing but free time on my hands just now. Most of what I have been playing are PC games, which is also unusual for me:

Runescape
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Path of Exile

I actually got quite into Runescape and CS:GO for a while but I wasn't such a fan of PoE, although admittedly I didn't really invest much time in it. PoE is free btw, so if any of you like Diablo 2 type games, you might want to check it out. And it's not one of those free games that has shitty production value and is filled with micro-transactions. It's a good quality, totally free game. There are some micro-transactions, but they only cosmetically alter your character and I think it's more of a way for loyal players to contribute something back to the developers? I can imagine that a lot of people might like this game. Check it out of it sounds interesting.

Previously I was playing Final Fantasy VII, Mass Effect and LA Noire. I really need to try and finish them off at some point too before it gets to the point where I completely forget the story and decide that I have to start over...

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-14 11:05:53

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I've been playing Pokemon Gold and Earthbound.

I have been playing Dark Souls like a mad addict.
The game is honestly so addicting.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-14 14:45:14

At 5/14/13 06:14 AM, Auz wrote: I didn't like Fable all that much, but it has a few nice ideas to it.

I don't know, it's far from perfect, but I still have fun with it. Just personal preference, I suppose.

I bought Dragon Age: Origins a while ago. I haven't started it yet though. I think I'm going to keep it for the summer holidays as it seems like a huge game to me.

You could probably beat it in a weekend if you stuck to it, but I admit that I also like waiting until the summer holidays to get into something involved like an RPG. Having less things on your plate helps you immerse yourself better. Plus, you have more time to replay it and try different builds.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-14 15:16:26

I personally, I've been playing Angry Birds and Bubble Shooter 2.

Play kizi games online.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-14 22:06:59

Within the past few weeks, for my PC I bought Skyrim, Hearthfire, and then proceeded to mod the hell out of it, and I'm actually having a lot of fun with it.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-15 04:56:54

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together and Radiant Historia

mmmmmm handheld rpgs

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-15 05:30:35

I have started playing GRAW and its pretty challenging. I am not completely sure how I feel about it because when I first played it it made me pretty mad. It is an older game that was suggested to me by a friend. For a penny plus shipping I figured I would give it a try.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-15 05:53:50

Far Cry 3. Best game I've played in ages.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-15 06:50:22

At 5/15/13 05:53 AM, Jackho wrote: Far Cry 3. Best game I've played in ages.

I've also been playing this, along with Blood Dragon. Back to Borderlands 2 when the EU store updates with Krieg.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-15 07:27:20

Sid Meier's pirates!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-22 01:57:21

Off and the lot of the games that Astral Entertainment/Monkey with a Mustache entertainment had put out for free since April 21,2011

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-22 06:18:59

Malachi117 ended up getting Civilization V, so we've been playing that off an on.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.

Also, dat Steam

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-23 08:12:46

Still not really been playing anything properly but I installed Fallout the other day. The first one. I bought a compilation copy that comes with 1, 2 and Tactics a while back. Although after installing it I realised there were graphical problems. The colours were a bit wonky so I had to install the HD patch or whatever it's called. It worked though.

Then I realised how much I suck at Fallout.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-24 00:42:28

I played split-screen co-op in Resident Evil 5 with a friend that hadn't played it before, twas a damn good time.

I eated a butter

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-17 10:17:56

After beating GTA III for the first time, I'm going to do a rerun of GTA Vice City. I think I was 14 years old since I last played Vice City, but I have very fond memories of the game. I hope it's still as good as I remember it to be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-17 10:58:40

At 5/23/13 08:12 AM, Dean wrote: Then I realised how much I suck at Fallout.

Heh, so I made that post over a month ago and still haven't beaten Fallout. Why? Because I got side tracked by other games. Plus, I wasn't really enjoying Fallout. It's a cool game and I see why people like it but I dunno, I just find it hard to get really into it having started the series on Fallout 3, which is a significantly better game in my opinion. I know some people still love the original more.

What I ended up playing instead was Final Fantasy VII. Managed to beat that. Fantastic game btw. Now I'm playing through Final Fantasy VI, which is also really awesome. I think I prefer this over VII, just because it feels like an overall more polished game.

Once I beat this I'm struggling to decide what to move onto next. I'll either stick with Final Fantasy and play through VIII and IX or move onto something different. Dragon Quest VIII, Persona 3, Persona 4, Deadly Premonition and Alpha Protocol are all potential contenders.

It's good to have gotten back into gaming again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-18 04:05:39

At 6/17/13 10:58 AM, Dean wrote:
At 5/23/13 08:12 AM, Dean wrote: Then I realised how much I suck at Fallout.
Heh, so I made that post over a month ago and still haven't beaten Fallout. Why? Because I got side tracked by other games. Plus, I wasn't really enjoying Fallout. It's a cool game and I see why people like it but I dunno, I just find it hard to get really into it having started the series on Fallout 3, which is a significantly better game in my opinion. I know some people still love the original more.

Fallout I/II and Fallout III are so insanely different in design, mechanics and approach that they almost feel like separate series. The original games are very much a "you had to be there" kind of thing, playing them now it's easy to identify glaring flaws. The third game took the post apocalyptic setting and ran with it, combining it with FPS/RPG elements with a sandbox world. I'm glad the success of the 3rd entry really threw the prior games into the limelight for a little more fame and exposure.

What I ended up playing instead was Final Fantasy VII. Managed to beat that. Fantastic game btw. Now I'm playing through Final Fantasy VI, which is also really awesome. I think I prefer this over VII, just because it feels like an overall more polished game.

Again, drastically different games belonging to the same series. FFVI goes full bore entirely throwing the player into the rebels shoes as you put a stop to the corrupt empire in one of the finest 2D games ever made. One of the only rpg games I know of where the villain actually accomplishes his goal. VII on the flipside starts out with a very dystopian outlook as you play a trauma induced mercenary out to rid the world of big time evil enterprise sucking the planet of it's life energy. Along the way you uncover an alien entity and it's son who goes apeshit and decides to destroy the world for M O T H E R.

They both accomplish what they set out to do, however VII suffered from that early PS1 era or primitive 3D. Safe to say it would have aged more like a fine wine if it had been 2D sprite based. (like Castlevania Symphony of the Night)

Once I beat this I'm struggling to decide what to move onto next. I'll either stick with Final Fantasy and play through VIII and IX or move onto something different. Dragon Quest VIII, Persona 3, Persona 4, Deadly Premonition and Alpha Protocol are all potential contenders.

It's good to have gotten back into gaming again.

Eventually pave your way through all the above mate! (minus Alpha Protocol bleh) Dragon Quest VIII is easily my favorite DQ game simply because Level 5 are absolute masters of their craft. The cel shading is vibrant and colorful, world full of hidden secrets, the skill/lvl up system had a hint of customization, characters were likable, story was safe but classic, yada yada blah blah

Check out Dark Cloud and more specifically Dark Cloud 2 if you play and find out you love DQ8. Ni No Kuni as well! That game is dope as fuuu dawg.

Persona 3 & 4 are both classics, you can never go wrong. I enjoyed 4 a little bit more, simply cause I was more invested in the characters/story. The music is sick, I often jam out to the OST. Living the days of this school boy only to be sucked into another world of demons and personas was a strange and enjoyable ride.

if you haven't played Persona 2, SMT Nocturne or Devil Survivor those are some other high caliber titles in the series.

Deadly Premonition! This game was shat on by reviewers internet wide, unfortunately. I can't go into any kind of detail or analysis because it will ruin the game, but after you give it a whirl come back and give opinions.

You either hate or love this game.

As for the topic I'm play Vagrant Story/Disgaea IV, still not very far in either although VS is a repeat play. (2 hrs in VS, 6 hrs in D4)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-18 04:25:14

Portal 2

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-18 07:15:53

At 6/18/13 04:05 AM, Elixur wrote: Deadly Premonition! This game was shat on by reviewers internet wide, unfortunately. I can't go into any kind of detail or analysis because it will ruin the game, but after you give it a whirl come back and give opinions.

I'm already familiar with Deadly Premonition (and most of the games I listed, actually) and I have to say, I do love the quirkiness of it. We were briefly discussing Deadly Premonition in the gamerscore leaderboard thread too. Brilliant game, maybe let down slightly by awkward controls but at the same time they do kind of add to that sort of B movie charm it has.

I have loads of video games sitting around, know a fair bit about most of them but there's a good few that I've yet to actually play through. Games from previous generations are great because they're usually so cheap to pick up now, so I end up buying quite a lot and then a year later I'll realised I've still not actually played many of them. Those games I listed were just the tip of the iceberg.

Appreciate the info though :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-22 04:06:23

At 6/18/13 07:15 AM, Dean wrote:
I'm already familiar with Deadly Premonition (and most of the games I listed, actually) and I have to say, I do love the quirkiness of it. We were briefly discussing Deadly Premonition in the gamerscore leaderboard thread too. Brilliant game, maybe let down slightly by awkward controls but at the same time they do kind of add to that sort of B movie charm it has.

Oh, I thought you were heading into it blind, my bad. The game is definitely worth $15-20 but I'd never pay full price.

Graphically it's terrible in some areas, but it serves the purposes of what the devs were trying to accomplish. Could have used a lot more spit shine and polish, some texture were downright abominable. Not necessarily cringe worthy, but not the highlight of what the game offers either. Character models were actually pretty okay in my opinion.

The plot/setting is what this game is all about. it's survival horror/mystery focused and a very creative hybrid at that. The premise isn't entirely unique however the execution is entertaining. Just don't expect a deeply emotional, moving experience and you won't walk away disappointed. The Protagonist is hilarious and his unusually bizarre antics are amusing to observe.

The setting goes to great lengths to give kind of a small town feeling, from the first time you visit the Local Milk Barn (supermarket) to your first trip to the police station. Everything feels quaint, isolated and simpler than city life. The peculiar cast are pretty stereotypical at first glance, but over time you quickly come to realize they're more lively and interesting than you could have imagined. They help flesh out what is otherwise a pretty bland environment and interact with York in a way that further immerses you into the world.

What makes the game truly shine to my eyes is the duality presented by the game's normal elements and the combat sequences. At certain points York will enter what seems like an alternate dimension. The very environment you were just exploring safe and sound will warp, leaving him trapped in a maze like twisted vision and beleaguered by strange, supernatural foes. During these sequences the survival horror is superb; you feel completely alone, surrounded by demented creatures in a once peaceful area. This is the best part of this game.

At one moment you may be walking around an innocent hospital, speaking with a whimsical attendant and watch an amusing sequence where York solves a series of riddles and shows off his forensic prowess. Then in the next scene everything changes and you're forced to escape that very area you waltzed into relaxed. This really emphasis's the strengths of the game.

The combat on the surface is looks, feels and plays out exactly like Resident Evil 4, which isn't a bad thing per say. The main difference is Deadly premonition lacks melee moves and has stealth aspects. You can hold your breath and sneak by enemies, which places you in a better strategic position to launch an attack.

The upgrade system and item inventory isn't as deep as RE4 in retrospect. Everything you do from saving occasionally, shaving, sending your clothes off to the cleaners all offer you a cash bonus. You can then turn around and spend on everything from the weaponry to food at the grocery store. There are a great deal of items to obtain, but it still falls short to the system in place in RE4 which offered more customization. Plus the pistol you start with has unlimited ammo, but I suppose it is weak enough to not really degrade the overall experience by much.

Sound wise this game features music as it should: to amplify the atmosphere established in a particular scene. the voice acting is far from perfect, but there is a certain charm to each character and it gets the job done. Just don't express AAA quality and for them to give off eerily strong performances and give you a roller-coaster of emotions.

There are plenty of side quests and exploration to be found as well. Greenvale offers card collecting and doing tasks for the citizens for rewards.

Controls are again similar to RE4, at least on foot, but are hampered by a lack of sensitivity options. I'm also entirely unsure why they mapped the controls the way they did. Didn't enjoy the fact you couldn't shoot and run, however I suppose that heightens the horror elements. Overall the controls don't impede your ability to enjoy the game and once you become accustom to the rather counter intuitive way the designers implemented them you'll progress without much problems.

Overall I really, really enjoyed the game and I feel the people who scored this extremely low either missed the point or went into it with high expectations. I think I clocked in around 20-25 hours in this sucker and I don't consider it wasted time.

I have loads of video games sitting around, know a fair bit about most of them but there's a good few that I've yet to actually play through. Games from previous generations are great because they're usually so cheap to pick up now, so I end up buying quite a lot and then a year later I'll realised I've still not actually played many of them. Those games I listed were just the tip of the iceberg.

What are some other games you own or are thinking of buying and trying out? I may have already played them and be able to offer my opinion, if you care to hear it.

~
Still making progress in Vagrant Story, I'm really pleased with how different this game is in comparison to traditional rpgs of the day. Just made it out of the wine cellars/catacombs and into Lea Monde where shit really starts to get story heavy, also starting to craft my own weapons so I can really specialize my affinities for certain enemy types.

Starting up Breath of Fire III for PSP as well, seeing as I purchased it online last week and it just arrived yesterday. Going to make some serious progress on these two this weekend. Right now I'm just after getting my ass handed to me by Balio and Sunder you cheeky motherfuckers. I remember being a kid and wanting a green Mohawk because of these dudes.

THE FISHING MINI-GAME IS SO GOD DAMN BOSS.

I know I said previously that Triple Triad in FFVIII was the best side mini-game, but I've heavily considering altering my opinion here.

I enjoy being able to acquire weapons/armors early by collecting rare fish and selling to the merchant Gobi.

Either next week or the week after I was thinking of picking up The Last of Us, although I'm still not entirely sold. May wait until it hits $30-40 as I'm not in a particular hurry or rush.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-22 06:02:50

At 3/24/08 12:14 AM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: What's the game(s) you've been playing recently?

I've been playing Pokemon Gold and Earthbound.

I'm playing Medal of Honor (the1999 one for PS1, and the 2010 one for X-Box 360. I like them both!)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-22 11:04:04

Right now I'm replaying Bioshock Infinite just so I can say "Oh!", "So that what it meant", Geez, so obvious in hindsight" and destroy my face with my own palm.

Also I'm trying to replay Skyrim on the legendary difficulty, to see if it is any harder than what it is on normal difficulty... I died just after I got my bindings off... This is going to be fun!

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-22 11:42:19

I played fallout 3 for a while. Now im playing skyrim.

Havn't been able to buy the dlcs yet. Waiting on my paycheck :(.

I bought GOTY edition i was like "YES I GET ALL DLCS". Installed it and all they did was give me a sheet of paper telling me they exist. I was pretty mad.

Then my brother a few days later saw another version of skyrim called the "delux edition" that came with DLCS.

I don't feel like buying GOTY and DELUX editions. So bethsoft well played, you just drained about 20 dollars out of my bank.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-24 13:49:21

Started playing The Walking Dead again. Finished Episode 4 yesterday, now on to Episode 5 (alone, because the whole group is just a bunch of wussies. Especially Kenny!)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-24 14:32:43

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a.k.a Poor Man's Skyrim

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-24 17:33:28

At 6/17/13 10:17 AM, Auz wrote: I'm going to do a rerun of GTA Vice City.

Definitely as good as I remember it to be. Seriously, in terms of atmosphere, this is one of the best games I've ever played.

I'll also be playing Super Mario Sunshine a bit more frequently. My brother finally agreed to give me his GameCube (which he never uses anyway) so I moved it over to my apartment. I'm thinking about looking for some more GameCube games to add to my collection now. Tales of Symphonia and Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door are two games I'd love to get my hands on someday. Maybe Animal Crossing and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem too.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-25 00:35:41

At 6/24/13 02:32 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a.k.a Poor Man's Skyrim

Nah, Dragon's Dogma is way better IMO. I haven't played DA, but I played the original game until near the end of NG+ when I was so powerful it became boring. Meteor storm was 1-hitting almost everything in the game. I just finished up the campaign of Saints Row 3 and it was alright. Starting up a new run of XCOM: Enemy Unkown on impossible now. I never would have played it if it wasn't free for PS+, but I was really missing out. I had a 24hr+ session when I started my first playthrough. I can't remember the last time I played a game for that long straight. 9/10 would highly recommend

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-06-25 00:50:42

Jester is finally joining the Witcher 2 party while redoing the co-op campaign for Splinter Cell: Conviction with a friend of mine. They're both pretty great.

I'm also going through Dark Souls for the first but it's on hold for the moment due to the aforementioned games.