00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thuy78 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

349,799 Views | 5,148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-21 17:27:06

At 3/19/13 06:12 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/25/13 12:26 PM, sharpnova wrote: I'm currently playing:
8 games simultaneously? How do you cope with broken plotlines?

Hasn't ever really been an issue. Usually stories in games are so shallow.

I wouldn't want to play a game like Bioshock Inifinite, broken up over a period of weeks though. A game like that should be played (at least by me) in an uninterrupted fashion.

The issue I do run into however is occasionally one of the several games I'm playing will have fallen on the backburner for a few weeks or months and when I return to it, I have to relearn controls and figure out where I am in the world/story/progression. Games are getting better at making the latter a non issue though. Darksiders 2 being a great example.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-21 22:25:30

At 4/21/13 09:41 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Bioshock Infinite, it consumes most of my spare time.

Sadly I only play Bioshock Infinite when I am really bored. I got it on launch day and I was so excited to play it but It didn't own up to my expectations. Not saying that It is a bad game (it is a great game) but I don't like it as much as the first. I ended up continuing to play Persona 4 Golden instead of it though

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-22 02:53:06

Playing a heavily modded Skyrim so it actually feels like a game.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-22 14:45:59

Mass Effect, Silent Hill 3 and Splinter Cell.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-22 17:08:58

Playing Super Metroid (next to Botanicula and Skyrim).

The game seems pretty short. I feel like I'm about halfway already after 2 hours or so. However, it is really good. The controls are very easy to master, the difficulty is challenging but not frustrating, the pacing is perfect (haven't encountered any slow and tedious parts yet), the graphics are good for the 16-bit era and it still holds up effortlessly after 20 years or so.

This is probably going to be amongst my favourite platformers.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-26 02:55:09

Sims 3, Bioshock Infinite, GTA 4, and Dead Island Riptide

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-26 04:39:29

dark cloud 2, shadow hearts covenant and system shock 2 at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-26 13:37:42

Just finished BIoshock Infinite, Far Cry 3 and Hitman ABsolution finally.
OMG Bioshock had a good story but cant talk about that since spoilers, and that Goes for Far Cry 3 too, such a good story.
So now im relaxing With Roller Coaster Tycoon 3:P

Save us Y2J

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-26 19:32:31

I'm not even that far into Bioshock Infinite and it's already harder than any part of Bioshock ever was. That's fine, but it's annoying that you can't just save whenever and wherever you want and come back to the exact spot you were at.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-26 19:44:58

Awesome Possum for the SEGA Genesis.NEVER play that fucking game, unless you really love torturing yourself.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-28 14:25:34

Back on the Ocarina of Time train once again.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-30 01:47:26

Beating Half Life 2 for probably the 100th time. That game, like its predecessor, was so ahead of its time. Never gets old.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-30 12:04:25

Beat Super Metroid today.

Awesome game, really. As I said before, this game still holds up very well even after 20 years. I can see why this is generally considered one of the best SNES games and thereby one of the best video games of all time. I highly recommend it to everyone. It's great.

I've also beaten Botanicula a couple of days ago. It's quite fun and has some very nice artwork, but I'm kinda glad I bought it during a Steam sale because to be honest I don't think it's worth the regular price (9 bucks).

Anyway, I'm going to start with GTA III probably.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-30 12:32:59

I've been playing 'Red Faction: Guerrilla' a lot recently but I am done with it now and I shall move on to some other old Xbox 360 game like Mirror's Edge

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-30 12:38:27

Back to InFamous 1. I need those damn blast shards.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-30 16:43:03

I have been replaying Twilight Princess. I can't help but imagine what the game would be like without the wolf sections. Aside from barring Link from using his items, they seem more like a time waste than anything else.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-30 17:37:43

I'm playing Super Mario 3D Land and Half-Life 2: Episode 2. In Super Mario 3D Land I'm playing every level with Luigi, getting the top of the flagpole on every level, and getting every star coin. I just started Half-Life 2: Episode 2 yesterday when I had a half hour until I had to go somewhere.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-04-30 22:33:56

Bought Persona 3 and enjoying it

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-01 13:38:09

I just beat Half-Life 2: Episode 2. I'll probably play Episode 1 next. Some of the other games I want to play and beat are Grand Theft Auto IV, Max Payne 3, and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-01 20:39:34

Dragon Age: Origins. I'm finally trying out the series. I'm late to the party, but hell, I showed up, right?

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-01 21:58:05

I just replayed Bioshock, I'm going to be going onto Bioshock 2 soon, so I'm ready for Infinite when I get it. I also need to play through my Batman games, as well. I've been slacking, tsk tsk.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-02 04:38:06

Finally completed Shadow Of Rome. Very interesting game and I liked the stealth aspects more than most, even if the AI was piss poor for most of it. Glad the game ended when it did though. The first fifteen hours or so were enjoyable but by the final five, things were all starting to become a bit repetitive.

What to play next? According to backloggery I still have 67 games I've yet to so much as load up...

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-06 16:09:47

Gonna start Far Cry 3, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Injustice: Gods Among us. Right now though I'm doing Left 4 Dead.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-11 14:33:12

I've been working on two RPG games (as the writer and artist) which will be released over the next few months so that put me in the mind to play some RPGs now that the game are near wrapping up.

Final Fantasy VII, X, XIII and Grandia are my games of choice at the moment. Wouldn't count them as my favourite RPGs (except maybe XIII), but I've played my favourites to death so what can you do? They're all great titles nonetheless so it's been fun getting into them again. Grandia, in particular as it's been over a decade since I last did a playthrough of it.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-11 15:10:58

Dark Souls has been fucking me over for a good 2 weeks now.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-11 17:23:04

Started playing two games.

GTA III
Thus far (7 missions in) it feels a bit like Vice City but without the awesome 80's vibe. There doesn't seem to be that much to do in this game either. Hopefully it gets better as I progress.

Super Mario Sunshine
Loving this one so far. I always love it when environments are a bit bright and colourful so the tropical island setting really pleases me. I also like how it plays very much like Super Mario 64.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-11 23:45:59

Gonna be starting up the walking dead once finals are done. Then afterwards I think I might go play Dragon Age: Origins.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-12 10:54:38

Minecraft, because i've recently have found a really good server

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-13 08:03:35

So, I opted to tackle Headhunter: Redemption next. Only a couple of missions in so far, but it seems like a pretty bog-standard third person shooter. The controls aren't great, the graphics aren't great, the gameplay already looks like becoming pretty repetitive and I can't see it holding my attention for too long to be honest.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-05-13 08:29:45

Since my right hand is still stuck in a cast due to a 3 way fracture behind my 4th knuckle i've been stuck to watching Netflix and playing turned based RPGs

Lucky for me it happened during the time i was just getting into Final Fantasy Dimensions for the 1st time. =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature