00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

353,395 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-05-29 02:55:20

I am trying to complete the Dragonborn dlc.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-05-30 13:37:58

Guts and Glory

The log-rolling level was hard as fuck!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-01 07:17:23

I was playing Don't Starve Together last weekend since you could try it out for free on Steam.

I've got to say, I do not see the appeal. I agree that the graphics are cute, but the gameplay seems so mind-numbingly dull.

What I understood is that you have to keep your sanity and hunger up. The way to do this is by running around this nearly featureless map collecting twigs, stones and carrots. You do this for about half an hour until you can build some tools and machines, but this only seemed to lead to more running around and collecting twigs, stones and carrots. Eventually you'll die due to RNG or whatever (it's a roguelike), and, since death is permanent, you'll have to start the foraging process all over again.

Admittedly, I played for only one hour and perhaps I didn't get to the good bits yet. But boy, does this game suffer from having a slow start.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-01 12:29:15

Picked up Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus yesterday, and right off the bat, this is a game that doesn’t pull its punches from both a storyline and gameplay, both good and ill.

The story is quite obvious, and as much as I hate comparing different games in different genres, in terms of thematics, it does remind me a bit of out of all things, Nier: Automata. The biggest difference I see with both games is that TNC actually handles its themes far better than Nier: Automata did, and far more visceral to boot.

As for gameplay, it unfortunately takes a hit there, as it seems like they are forcing you to be stealthy, (early on at least) which wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for the random difficult spikes and Nazis being bullet sponges. I know that BJ is a shell of himself compared to what he used to be in-game, but when the game is actively discouraging running and gunning in a series that known for just that, it’s an awkward adjustment to say the least.

It’s still early, so I would imagine the game opening up later on to let you run and gun more.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-05 06:14:15

I've just started playing Pokemon Crystal. My team will be made up of:

Feraligatr (Fang)
Heracross (Brawl)
Crobat (Acro)
Espeon (Ruby)
Arcanine (Pyro)
Tyranitar (Titan)
Furret (Stripes) - HM slave

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-06 15:25:52

I'm currently taking a break from Survival Kids for the GameBoy Color. I've gotten three of the endings so far, and they were all the crappier ones. I think once I'm done with exams and stuff I'll get back into completing it for the holidays.

~respek da vape naysh uwu~

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-07 08:42:12

At 6/5/18 06:14 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: I've just started playing Pokemon Crystal. My team will be made up of:

Feraligatr (Fang)
Heracross (Brawl)
Crobat (Acro)
Espeon (Ruby)
Arcanine (Pyro)
Tyranitar (Titan)
Furret (Stripes) - HM slave

Nice choices for your team. Tyranitar is a good choice. Earthquake and Hyperbeam are two of my favourite movesets

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-07 09:06:38

At 6/7/18 08:42 AM, stabilowl wrote: Nice choices for your team. Tyranitar is a good choice. Earthquake and Hyperbeam are two of my favourite movesets

Thanks! Tyranitar is pretty cool, but I bet it'll be hard to level up. Originally Ampharos was replacing it until I found out you can't get Mareep in Crystal

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-07 10:58:35

At 6/5/18 04:52 AM, Zymbot wrote: I got drunk off rum and played Friday the 13th. It was hilarious. I kept playing Alex Jones over the mic and laughed my ass off.

Him crying about Fish People is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen or heard.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-07 23:27:28

Yugioh 5ds

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-09 03:42:23

i had gotten back on a Fallout 4 kick, but i didn't wanna wear myself out on it again so i reinstalled Dying Light since i never beat it. satisfying gameplay. also installed Hawken, a f2p mech combat game. fast-paced and really difficult to master the controls, since you need a finger on every shoulder button at once.

At 6/6/18 08:45 PM, Zymbot wrote: Playing Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000. Got it on GOG.

It's definitely dated, but it's good.

You can choose to play as a Marine, a Xenomorph, and a Predator. I chose the Predator because he has cool tech.

i loved that game when i was a kid. i beat every campaign multiple times, and it's impressive how they were able to balance every race to have an appropriate amount of challenge, even though they all play very differently. predator was always my fav

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-14 16:01:17

Right now I'm playing One Finger Death Punch

At 6/12/18 05:07 PM, Zymbot wrote: Welp.

Victor Miller, who's the reason there hasn't been a new Friday the 13th movie since 2009, has now filed a legal claim against the Friday the 13th game, that's preventing them from producing any new content.

Screw this guy.

What a cockwomble

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-14 18:43:51

Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion.

They weren't kidding about the levels being beyond difficult.

kingdom Hearts 3D:Dream Drop Distance because why the hell not it's been only a month since i've last played a video game

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-18 05:35:51

PUBG. I know a lot of people dislike the game but hey as long as you enjoy the game (solo or with friends) you're good to go. I am getting better at the game, I used to play with scopes before but I don't need that anymore. If I would to choose a scope that would be either the 8x or mira dot, nothing else.

Played some games for the first time since Christmas.

Human Fall Flat - This is an indie, co-op, 3D physics-based puzzle game where you play as clumsy, dumpy humans whose hands you control separately. Like a distant cousin of something like QWOP but far more playable, it's the type of thing where you're bumbling around at the start but by the end you're pulling off some pretty elegant movements. It's a lot of fun, good level variety and lots of different gadgets to play with. Would def recommend if you have someone to play it with. Due to he sandbox nature it's also pretty easy to totally cheese obstacles or even whole levels though.

Farpoint - PSVR FPS with full locomotion thanks to the analogue sticks on the aim controller. The gun feels great, there's good weapon and enemy variety, and ofc being a PSVR game the visuals can't be too technically impressive, but it still looks really good. The art direction and scale of most areas is legitimately amazing when coupled with the immersion of VR. The story is a little annoying with cutscenes that are too long and too intrusive, but it has a couple twists and some hard sci fi concepts I wasn't expecting.

Easily the best VR game I've played. Or that's what I would have said, if the tracking didn't irreversibly shit itself near the end. There's a constant drift to the right, to explain it in the simplest way, it popped up out of nowhere and nothing has helped. I did brute force to the end of the game anyway but I had to reset the camera every 30 seconds or so. It was shit, practically unplayable and the problem still persists. It's a shame bc on my first go it seemed like the post-game challenge levels were significantly more fun than the main campaign.

Arizona Sunshine - Very generic, barebones zombie shooter. Wouldn't have any hype or success if not for the fact it's VR w/ full locomotion and has decent graphics. There's only one enemy type for the whole game so you're just gonna be popping zombie heads for around 7 straight hours. It has Aim support, but that's a separate campaign type with a separate save, so you can't switch between controller types half way through. Which sucks, because it's really not balanced for the aim controller & it negates all challenge, but by the time I realized it wouldn't get harder I was too far in to be arsed restarting. The horde mode is pretty hectic though, way more fun than the campaign, but very limited in content.

At 6/12/18 05:07 PM, Zymbot wrote: Welp.

Victor Miller, who's the reason there hasn't been a new Friday the 13th movie since 2009, has now filed a legal claim against the Friday the 13th game, that's preventing them from producing any new content.

Screw this guy.

What a dickbiscuit

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-19 18:53:01

Currently playing Atlantica Online.
I guess im the only one here that still plays and enjoy that game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-27 01:27:34

At the moment I'm playing a game on Steam called Why Am I Dead At Sea. It's a very interesting game! I'm working on unlocking all of the endings

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-29 04:42:06

Resident Evil 1.5

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-06-30 08:09:37

I'm highly addicted to bruh.io (jk, not really addicted just something I play in my free time)
I wonder if any of you could beat my stats...

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-07-02 11:25:45

Crash N. Sane Trilogy came for the Switch today, so been playing that for a little while. Maybe it's just me but the controls in the Switch feel pretty inconsistent, which for a game like this is frustrating.

Even easy levels like the first 2 boulder dash levels had me dying a few times which I rarely remember happening when I'd play on PS1. The reason they were giving me a hard time is because of the analogue stick. It doesn't have enough grip when you constantly need to be pulling it down, so I'd switch to using the "d-pad" but it wasn't a whole lot better.

Road to Nowhere became even more of a nightmare than it already was. I don't know how many game overs I got on that level and came close to rage quitting a few times, which isn't all that common a thing for me to do.

Regardless, I'm going to try and stick with it. I'd actually like to try and get all the gems for the first time, but we'll see if I can last that long. Looking forward to playing Crash 3 because it's the only one of the original trilogy that I never had growing up.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

At 6/29/18 04:42 AM, Raab wrote: Resident Evil 1.5

Holy shit, I never knew this was playable. I'll have to try this.

At 7/2/18 11:25 AM, Dean wrote: Crash N. Sane Trilogy... the controls feel pretty inconsistent, which is frustrating. Even easy levels like the first 2 boulder dash levels had me dying a few times which I rarely remember happening on PS1.

They altered the jump physics and Crash's movement to be consistent across all three games and more in line with Crash 3, which means the whole thing feels "off" in the first two games if you were used to the originals.

They also rounded the hitboxes on most of the environment so you slip off things even when it looks like a flat surface, which makes some levels incredibly frustrating to the point where I don't know how it got past play testing. It's most noticeable in Vista and Slippery Climb.

The two bridge levels are the perfect example of the altered physics, controls and hitboxes coming together in a beautiful symphony of bullshit. The individual elements aren't too bad, but combined it becomes a nightmare.

Regardless, I'm going to try and stick with it. I'd actually like to try and get all the gems for the first time, but we'll see if I can last that long.

It's an undertaking but the gems are mostly fun, if you can get past the regular levels there's really only two or three frustrating gems. The time trials are the real bullshit & I would advise avoiding them like the plague. It's the type of thing that requires so many attempts and so much precision that every minuscule flaw in the game's design and levels is amplified into the most egregious, hair rippingly frustrating shit imaginable. It will make you hate vicarious visions.

Looking forward to playing Crash 3 because it's the only one of the original trilogy that I never had growing up.

Don't get your hopes too high, the regular levels are good but Crash 3 is chock full of these annoying gimmick levels that just aren't fun for the most part. That was the point where Naughty Dog got tired of platforming and wanting to experiment with other genres.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-07-07 16:47:33

Final Fantasy X.

Based on the trophies on PSN I apparently finished this in 2014 and have literally no memory of doing so, so that's a bit concerning.

I like the world and the majority of the party but its ultimately crippled by the insufferable manchild protagonist. I want to drown him every time he opens his idiot mouth. Fuck off into the sea you blonde cunt.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-07-08 23:35:07

Got back into dark souls 1 (Not the remastered) and I am absolutely in love with the game.

I've had some experience with the game but I really didn't know what I was doing and got sidetracked.Now I know a ton more and started a new game as deprived(for the hell of it) and am doing a fast rolling dex build and I'm having a blast.

I almost don't want to stop playing. it's swiftly becoming one of my favorite all time games.

Gave Fallout 4 my third attempt the other day, something just really put me off initially, weird FOV, weird mouse sensitivity, FPS all over the place, the controller layout was different, like I would go to loot someone and end up opening menus because that's how it was in the others. Really put me off and didn't feel the same as Fallout 3 and NV.

This time though I've managed to really sink some time in, about 15 hours now, and it's really grabbed me and I've had moments where I'm in Diamond City and I can feel that unmistakable Bethesda RPG feel, once you've cleared out your inventory, upgraded your weapons, handed in some quests, leveled up. There's something so fucking satisfying about it.

I'm so glad I've managed to get into it, I think Fallout is my favourite video game universe, I love the lore, I love finding holotapes, reading the terminal logs. Most of all I love the vaults, always fascinating trying to figure out what exactly a vault, you just get fed clues to what exactly Vault-Tec were doing; a holotape here and there, a skeleton hunched over a document, bread crumbs. Combine it with the claustrophobic hallways and a few creepy dudes and you've got yourself an incredibly unnerving situation. A great sense of atmosphere and just snippets and information so you have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks, leaving your mind to imagine the possible horrors. That's where fallout shines, little intimate stories you have to dig up yourself, fantastic story telling.

The main plotline is a bit weak, I'm not emotionally invested in it, when I make dialogue selections I sometimes feel I don't want to react in ANY of these ways, and some of the sarcastic dialogues are just so weird in the context of the other things you say.

My god has the gunplay improved though, everything just feels so much better to shoot, a nice amount of recoil on the guns to make them feel powerful, but it quickly steadies back up and you don't have to worry about adjusting your shots too much. The puny pipe-pistol feels weak and spammy, but I picked up a certain revolver recently and it packs such a punch, and makes you feel particularly badass when you headshot someone with just ironsights.

And man! Is this game beautiful! I felt like F3 to Skyrim was a big jump, but this seems like something else, water reflections and lighting is spectacular, and the colour palette has shifted away from the gritty dull brown world of before, and into a much brighter and colourful one, don't get me wrong, creeping through cities in the night is still scary, but man does everything POP in the sunlight. Diamond City in particular is just gorgeous.

Overall it's pretty great, it plays much better than 3/NV but the story is a lot weaker IMO, and with a lot less choice as well. Do I prefer it over the old games? In pretty much every way except the role playing nature of the first.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-07-16 11:57:47

I've been playing Age of Empires II: HD Edition, which I picked up during the last Steam Sale.

The game is still playable, but hasn't aged too well if you ask me.

I've played a bunch of custom games with different set-ups, but they all played out a bit similar and every game starts feeling the same pretty quickly. The differences between civilizations appear quite small and whichever one you choose doesn't seem to really affect your strategy that much. You can't apply much tactics during major battles anyway because they're complete chaos and you'll be struggling to keep the A.I. in check and not have your catapults friendly fire the crap out of your own units.

The A.I. is pretty terrible in general. Some examples of things I've experienced:
-Your units will chase enemies down to the end of the world once they get aggro'd, leaving your camp wide open. They even do this when you specifically tell them to guard a certain building.
-Enemies will often blow off their assault for no reason, even when they could absolutely steamroll you.
-Enemies will resign after the smallest of defeats. Currently playing a game with seven enemy players and four of them resigned even though they were doing better than me. It just makes victories feel cheap and unsatisfying.

At least the Campaign games offer a good challenge, though only because the computer is put at a massive advantage against you and presumably cheats. They seem to start off with endless resources with which they send a continuous stream of units in your direction to prevent you from building up an army.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-07-19 18:19:30

Wasted a chunk of my summer replaying Bloodborne. Did every boss, the DLC and most of the chalice dungeons even though I'll still think they're pretty terrible, just because I wanted more. I'm genuinely never going to touch the defiled chalice again though, fuck that. Took me 60 hours in total, compared to 130 on my first character. #speedrun.

My opinion hasn't changed much overall, but it did dip for a while there. The forbidden woods aren't fun at all, the unseen village is garbage and the hypogean gaol is a ridiculous pain in the ass, and those three areas happen to be right next to eachother. Unseen Village is also a huge difficulty jump and you have to dump aggressively into VIT to make it tolerable again.

I almost quit playing, but it picks up again for the last few areas, and the DLC is great. From a lore and story perspective I far prefer this to any of the Souls games, but level-wise it's still a bit of a toss up between this and Dark Souls 1.

I've since started playing Dark Souls III and Skyrim VR, so there goes any productivity for the next few months.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-07-19 18:36:54

At 7/11/18 08:46 PM, iMini wrote: Gave Fallout 4 my third attempt the other day... And man! Is this game beautiful!

Hmmmmm. I'd still call it one of my favorite games visually, though more for the art direction than technical prowess. Look at any of the user-made AK-47 mods vs. the official one you get in Nuka-World, there's no comparison with how good it looks and how perfectly it fits into the wasteland.

Bethesda gets a lot of shit but they do some things exceptionally well, and designing all these little parts that make up a layered world is definitely one of their strengths. The guns especially look great, which is more important than people think given how many hours you'll be staring at them.

They just need to focus on the character animations for the next one. Piper and a few other characters have weirdly good animation next to everyone else's robotic stiffness though, to me it looked like they attempted to overhaul the animations and get proper motion capture but then gave up at some point.

Also, just wait til you get to the glowing sea, assuming you haven't reached it. The visuals and atmosphere it might be my favourite location in any Fallout game.

like I would go to loot someone and end up opening menus because that's how it was in the others.

That loot/container system is one of my absolute favourite improvements in 4 and one of the things I wish they added to Skyrim SE. I also think Fallout 4 really mastered that loot/sell/upgrade feedback loop, or at least had the best implementation of it so far.

That's where fallout shines, little intimate stories you have to dig up yourself, fantastic story telling.

This is why the stories of Fallout 3 and 4 never bothered me much, or why NV's main quest didn't impress me at all. It's just not the point.

To that I'd add these games are made special by how much of the story players are able to fill in, they're arguably the best platform for single-player roleplaying we have in terms of the depth of interactivity and how much you can define your character, and I'd argue that's still true with 4 even though the dialogue and voiced protagonist was a huge misstep. It's hard to explain but it's like the voice in your head as you scope out a building, if you get me, it's like the only game that has you thinking as your character while you play.

These Beth games also still have no competition at all in the scale and fidelity of the worlds they give you, in the sense that you can pick up any individual bit of cutlery off of any table in the wasteland, that almost every in-game object can be manipulated and put to use. It's not hugely functional or anything, but that level of interactive freedom just adds so much to immersion. When I first played Fallout 3 I was blown away by that and was pretty much convinced that every RPG is going to be like that soon enough. A decade later and uhhh I guess not.

I think everyone's probably fantasized about an I Am Legend style game where you're scavenging for supplies, and Fallout is by far the closest we've ever gotten. It has the least "gamey" and most realistic version of scavenging out of any game I've played.

My god has the gunplay improved though

Shoutout to the selection of semi-auto rifles as well, my favourite type of gun in games and one that's disappointingly rare.

Playing games is my passion, I play mostly on PCs but I also have old consoles and so-called Pegasus.

I just finished Contra (Nes), it was always an easy and great Co-Op game.

I currently play several MMO games, two FPS games and one sports game.

I spend the most time currently playing EVE Online, very interesting MMOs that deviate from the general MMO scheme.
The best community I know, the brutality of the world, conspiracies, and huge battles, really huge cosmic battles. In one battle ships and fleets worth tens of thousands of dollars are destroyed, or ISK biliards (currency in EVE).
A brilliant command system and something to learn about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdoQzmzg2XY

If someone asks me where I am buying isk, I always answer, one million isk!

The best page for safe trade in eve is here, buy isk, buy plex and skill injectors

buy isk

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2018-07-29 14:53:05

At 7/19/18 06:36 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/11/18 08:46 PM, iMini wrote: Gave Fallout 4 my third attempt the other day... And man! Is this game beautiful!
Hmmmmm.

:O I can't believe I said that, savage my dude. Looking at the trailer at that time, man, the Youtube compression is just ridiculous. The game is very nice looking.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature