New Topic Respond to this Topic
PBM
PBM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 12:20 PM Reply

Thanks for taking the lead on this Greensinge. I was really starting to wonder if this was going to make it out or not. Maybe we should have made it about TF3 and it would then coincide with the release of that game in 20XX :)

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 01:07 PM Reply

ok i have perfected the main menu there are no bugs like the last one and it is faster than before, i have added a reset button if you click on the orange box logo when a large picture is shown . it is only one frame in total and the .swf is 1.15mb and the .fla file for it is 29 MB, the .fla file includes the music and all the pictures used, the .swf and .fla can be downloaded from the link, below. I have made the linking button all you have to do is add the to the AS code to link to whatever frame you want, thanks...

Orange Box Main Menu

funkycaveman

Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 01:33 PM Reply

At 6/12/08 12:20 PM, PBM wrote: Thanks for taking the lead on this Greensinge.

No problemo! I'll update in the next couple of days, as I should have it pretty much finished by then.

mechanixnut
mechanixnut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 06:52 PM Reply

OK sorry guys I havent had any time in the lsat couple days to respond here. Me and my friend are making the video look really nice and smaller file and getting the sound all syncd up properly. We will prolly have it done in the next couple days.

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]
I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature
spacemanattack
spacemanattack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 07:17 PM Reply

so..im confused. Whos actually working on the movie we are going to release?

Why do you say these things to me, when you know I will kill you for them.

BBS Signature
mechanixnut
mechanixnut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 12th, 2008 @ 07:26 PM Reply

I am, I have always been doing that. It's just someone says something and other people start assuming that things are changing. The only thing that is changing is the the audio od the parts. I am trying to perfect that and other things as well.

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 13th, 2008 @ 05:56 AM Reply

the menu i used to display to you i have made my own version, its only early stages so dont slate it!

Thread...

thanks...

Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 13th, 2008 @ 11:53 AM Reply

So I've spent all that time cutting down on useless frames and fixing all the bugs for no reason?

Fantastic
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 13th, 2008 @ 12:24 PM Reply

P.s. I'm not being a jerk with that last message lol. I just thought I was asked to sort out the author menu buttons and fix the audio, and in the process I fixed a bunch of other stuff like the total frames etc.

Am I still needed for anything at all?

spacemanattack
spacemanattack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 13th, 2008 @ 02:06 PM Reply

Thats what I was thinking Greensinge. I couldnt figure out why you were asked to do it because someone else couldnt, and then all the time you spent working on it was for naught.
Who the fuck is in charge of this collab anyways??

Why do you say these things to me, when you know I will kill you for them.

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 13th, 2008 @ 02:15 PM Reply

At 6/13/08 02:06 PM, spacemanattack wrote: Thats what I was thinking Greensinge. I couldnt figure out why you were asked to do it because someone else couldnt, and then all the time you spent working on it was for naught.
Who the fuck is in charge of this collab anyways??

Bizarreness! I'm pretty sure mechanix is supposed to be in charge, but then morningdeath was doing helluva stuff, and then I was asked to do stuff because nobody else was going to be around for a few weeks or something. Meh...

Snow-Fox
Snow-Fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 13th, 2008 @ 02:48 PM Reply

well, not to be some random guy answering the questions, but Mechanixnut and i were trying to fix everything, but pretty much i got tired of it, so your file is still the best one, just send that to mechanixnut, or hoever is the one in charge of putting out the collab, and submit it,

Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 13th, 2008 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 6/13/08 02:48 PM, Snow-Fox13 wrote: well, not to be some random guy answering the questions, but Mechanixnut and i were trying to fix everything, but pretty much i got tired of it, so your file is still the best one, just send that to mechanixnut, or hoever is the one in charge of putting out the collab, and submit it,

Ok well I put off some of the stuff I was nearly finished doing because I thought I didn't have to do anything anymore. I'll get it done as soon as possible, and should be done no later than tomorrow evening. Sorry I can't get it done sooner, but there's been some awful miscommunication going on in this collab toward the end lol.

mechanixnut
mechanixnut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 03:11 AM Reply

Ya there has been some major fuckups when I tried to get the video with Snow-fox. The lack of communication was because I lost my internet, AGAIN. So could you finish up what you have been doing and when it is done send it to me, so I can upload it to the site, and make sure everything is fine too ^_^

I was really hoping to have had this done and gone by last weekend. But shit happens and for the better too. Now everything will look really well done when finished.

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 03:40 AM Reply

At 6/14/08 03:11 AM, mechanixnut wrote: Ya there has been some major fuckups when I tried to get the video with Snow-fox. The lack of communication was because I lost my internet, AGAIN. So could you finish up what you have been doing and when it is done send it to me, so I can upload it to the site, and make sure everything is fine too ^_^

I was really hoping to have had this done and gone by last weekend. But shit happens and for the better too. Now everything will look really well done when finished.

Ok. I should have it done by this evening. I can't garauntee it will be perfect but I'll do my best!

Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 07:59 AM Reply

This thing is doing my fucking head in. It's so slow to do almost anything! It takes about 10 minutes to open the file and 10 minutes to export every time. Argh! Maybe it's just my dad's laptop but I'm betting on it being the file size. Anyway I've reduced the total frames used on the main timeline for the videos to about 30, instead of the original 15,000 or something, which is helpful. However, I've just had a thought about something.

You know the menu, how you can click on each of the games sections (TF2, HL2, Portal), well I was thinking instead of having a 'Play All' button, we could just have a chapter screen, much like in a DVD menu. It would make things so much easier and save on a lot of fucking kilobytes.

I'll make a trial run of it to see what y'all think.

Also, if the file keeps being as slow as it is then don't expect me to be able to send the finished product just yet mechanix. If we want this to come out looking A-OK then we need until the end of next week MAXIMUM to finish. If I work hard enough it could be done in a day or two.

Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 03:10 PM Reply

Ok everyone I PM'd mechanix with the link to give him the main file back. Hopefully the changes I made shouldn't be too difficult for him to adjust to, especially considering I made them all to make the editing process easier. I also replaced the 3 seperate pages for TF2, HL2 and Portal with one Chapters page, which you can switch between the games on. I haven't yet linked to the game properly and stuff, but I've generally improved on a lot of organisation stuff, and I made it so the buttons to skip/replay parts works perfectly. The total timeline frames are around 80 now I think (down from about 15,000 :)) Yes, I already said that like 5 times, but I don't care, I'm proud :P

There may still be one or two sound problems, but I'm sure he can fix them.

Just letting you all know it's out of my hands now

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Soooo can we see it?

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 14th, 2008 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 6/14/08 03:18 PM, Peglay wrote: Soooo can we see it?

Shit yeah sorry, I forgot. Like I said though, it's still going to have some mistakes in it and stuff, but it should be fairly alright. I'll list the things that I know don't work and aren't finished yet etc:

-The 'Game' button on the menu doesn't link to the game properly yet.
-The Preloader runs in a continuous loop until the movie is loaded, instead of loading gradually like it is supposed to, but mechanix should be able to fix that.
-There is no menu button to go straight back to the menu from the main movie once you start watching. You have to go right to the end to get back to the menu.
-For some reason, when you click on some of the movies in the chapters section, the sound of fire burning from the beginning of SpaceManAttack's part plays as well. Really wierd, but hopefully solveable...
-Also, the buttons in the author page and chapters page which allow the user to go back to the main menu aren't working properly, but I solved it. Mechanix, PM me and I'll tell you what to do, unless you figure it out yourself.

Damn, that's a bunch of problems :( at least we're getting closer to the end though! :)

and FINALLY! Here's the link to what we have so far:

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/140608/7 5630_menufix.php

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 06:49 AM Reply

Hey about my part......crazy-matt-cartoons set it to Peglay and just remove the sign in the left corner (my sign).....plz...

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 07:31 AM Reply

At 6/15/08 06:49 AM, Peglay wrote: Hey about my part......crazy-matt-cartoons set it to Peglay and just remove the sign in the left corner (my sign).....plz...

Ah yeah sorry about that, I forgot to change that! If you PM mechanix he should be able to do it when he gets a chance. If he's ever coming back! You'll have to tell ApothicFlash as well because I haven't changed your name in the Resi collab either!

Sorry :(

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 07:52 AM Reply

Hey Mechanix can you plz change the stuff in my part.....plz....just remove the my sign and change all about crazy-matt to Peglay...plz plz plz

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 6/15/08 07:52 AM, Peglay wrote: Hey Mechanix can you plz change the stuff in my part.....plz....just remove the my sign and change all about crazy-matt to Peglay...plz plz plz

PM him too, he's more likely to notice then.

Peglay
Peglay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 07:59 AM Reply

K il do that....um one more question...whos going to be submiting it Assasinrabbit or Mechanix?

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 08:02 AM Reply

At 6/15/08 07:59 AM, Peglay wrote: K il do that....um one more question...whos going to be submiting it Assasinrabbit or Mechanix?

Most likely Mechanix. I don't think assasin even comes in here anymore.

assasinrabbit
assasinrabbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 09:01 AM Reply

whoa

assasin dosent come here anymore? lol I do I just dont have anything to add to the discussion lol, well actually I havent been on for the last 4 days, when I was moving we had to take off the wi-fi router and I wasnt able to come here, so right nows I am in London waiting for 6 hours for my planeses home!
yay, I dont really have time to check all the links so in a couple hours il check everything cuz my parents are begering me for use of the computer, and this little laptop only has that much battery.... so anyways I am here I am in and hopefully I will get to read all of your posts, sorry If you people havent seen alot of me for some time, I mean ending the school year packing.... and of course being lazy, yes I will be moar responsible now

michal

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 09:49 AM Reply

Ok sorry. It's just that mechanix pretty much runs this thing now seeing as he did the menu and everything, I just assumed you had started with the GTA collab and kinda forgot about this one. My mistake!

Still waiting on mechanix to come back though (yes, most of us are very impatient! lol)

Wolfears2
Wolfears2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 03:27 PM Reply

Would I have time to nip in with a portal part? I've nearly finished it.

Click my sig for a hilarious thread.

BBS Signature
Greensinge
Greensinge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 15th, 2008 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 6/15/08 03:27 PM, Wolfears2 wrote: Would I have time to nip in with a portal part? I've nearly finished it.

Up to mechanixnut. Finish it anyway and PM him to find out if you can put it in.

assasinrabbit
assasinrabbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to the orange box collab Jun. 16th, 2008 @ 05:39 AM Reply

lol, no I will be releasing it since I pretty much started the whole thing
but maybe mechanix will release from my user cuz of the time difference so we can just rake up the awsome votes... other than that I really have nothing to say but good luck+ good job so far on everything that is not finished and everything that is done.
I am really sorry since there aint a real way I can help and there for it looks like I aint doin shit :(...
But I am tellin all my freinds about it and I will just spam everyone I know with the links to the submission forcing them to vote 5 :D

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature