New Topic Respond to this Topic
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2013-12-31 20:55:13 Reply

At 12/31/13 08:40 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Does this group have any active senior members?
It seems these groups have been really tested by the new spam category and the removal of under judgement flags

I've frequented the Barracks, but I'm close to getting in the police ranks so I'm going to try and join once I hit 500 B/P.
Do you guys use police lingo? That would be fun!

Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

There's not really many active members at all. With flagging gone there isn't much of a reason for the Dept. to exist so it kidna slowly died. The ringleader around here was TailsPrower if you wanted to know.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-03 12:35:05 Reply

At 12/31/13 08:55 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 12/31/13 08:40 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Does this group have any active senior members?
It seems these groups have been really tested by the new spam category and the removal of under judgement flags
There's not really many active members at all. With flagging gone there isn't much of a reason for the Dept. to exist so it kidna slowly died. The ringleader around here was TailsPrower if you wanted to know.

This club essentially died when the re-design came, but it was on it's way down even before that. In the current state, there aren't enough people get this place up and running again. If you want to really try to help out the portal, just stick around the EGB, they're still quite active, and I think most everyone who was active here moved on to their thread anyway.

You won't be able to become an official member until you reach private, but they will be happy to have you around as long as you're helpful and contribute. Plus, building a name as useful will be helpful if you decided to join them down the road.

Good luck to you.
*salutes*

Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
MonochromeMonitor
MonochromeMonitor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-03 23:21:06 Reply

Are you accepting applicants?

I just became an Officer.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 03:19:04 Reply

At 1/3/14 11:21 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Are you accepting applicants?

I just became an Officer.

Negative. The NGPD has been deactivated a long time ago. It'd help if you read the past few posts.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 17:08:34 Reply

At 1/4/14 03:19 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Negative. The NGPD has been deactivated a long time ago. It'd help if you read the past few posts.

Saw Tails had posted in The NGPD. Thought for a second it could be coming back. Sad now. A guy can dream.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
MonochromeMonitor
MonochromeMonitor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 21:47:15 Reply

Exactly. I thought it was active again to.

Can't you guys just reactivate it?

What is this just because a few users left?

BBS Signature
Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 22:22:58 Reply

At 1/4/14 09:47 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Exactly. I thought it was active again to.

Pretty much nobody, sadly.

also hai

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-04 22:42:51 Reply

At 1/4/14 09:47 PM, MonochromeMonitor wrote: Exactly. I thought it was active again to.

Not really, the EGB pretty much covers everything Portal related now rendering this place nearly useless except for catching the 1 or 2 submissions the EGB might miss.

Not really, the redesign also brought about the end of flagging submissions, so now we have to tell Portal Mods about stolen and or malicious submissions which as I said rendered this place basically obsolete.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-01-21 00:16:51 Reply

Funnily enough, everyone we complain about leaving this place behind comes back to tell a guy that we all left. I have half a mind to brace for posts from Crawford and Sheizenhammer, hell maybe even that guy who ruined us a while back. lolowait, here I am.

I can't help but feel responsible for the downfall of this place. I'm certain only one of you knows what I'm even talking about (Tails), but even so. If I hadn't vouched for him, maybe? If Crawford or whoever hadn't been such an asshole to, what was it? KingLightning? Oh how Crawford intimidated me at the time. When I was but a young blamer with only a police badge and a terrible need to feel wanted somewhere and make a difference. If that fucking chat hadn't happened, maybe we'd have lasted longer. But after the mods got involved, Tails lost all hope. Maybe he lost it before, but for a while I've taken the blame internally and all I got was a week long suspension when I deserved dishonorable discharge in my 12 year old mind. Maybe that's why we shouldn't have ever tried a flash or a chat. It was too much. Now we've got mods for the portal.

Let's be honest though, Newgrounds is dying without us. The quality is, to be honest, the same as it always has been but with a new generation of hipsters and children and scum of the internet, it's "changed" to me. Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but holy fuck this place is begging for money.

Heed my warning or ignore me youngins, I'm just an old coot by today's standards. For all you know it's a drunken rant.

A drunken rant filled with regret.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-03-29 09:31:04 Reply

Well, it finally happened. Today I checked my profile and found that I have surpassed the limit for a combined saves and blams count to be a member here with my blams alone. I know nobody posts here anymore but it is a milestone that I always told myself I would mark here.

Missing the old times.
R.I.P. NGPD

Newgrounds Police Dept.

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-03-29 10:10:08 Reply

At 3/29/14 09:31 AM, Decky wrote: Well, it finally happened. Today I checked my profile and found that I have surpassed the limit for a combined saves and blams count to be a member here with my blams alone. I know nobody posts here anymore but it is a milestone that I always told myself I would mark here.

Missing the old times.
R.I.P. NGPD

Congratulations, on reaching one of your goals.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-03-30 22:28:24 Reply

Can I be a dirty cop

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-01 10:00:59 Reply

At 3/30/14 10:28 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Can I be a dirty cop

Yes, but you must jump in the mud.

D-Nightmare
D-Nightmare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-11 13:31:17 Reply

Being a lieutenant and a regular in the portal, I'm up for a few months or so. Depending on when I go beyond the Police Captain rank.

I am not a poet, and I do not intend to be.
I just wanted to post so you do not forget me.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-11 16:55:46 Reply

At 4/11/14 01:31 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: Being a lieutenant and a regular in the portal, I'm up for a few months or so. Depending on when I go beyond the Police Captain rank.

Good luck, Policing NewGrounds is not easy.

D-Nightmare
D-Nightmare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-12 13:44:02 Reply

At 4/11/14 04:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/11/14 01:31 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: Being a lieutenant and a regular in the portal, I'm up for a few months or so. Depending on when I go beyond the Police Captain rank.
Good luck, Policing NewGrounds is not easy.

Thanks, Strongbad!

I do policing in shifts, only going over movies due to having a full schedule. I'll be able to get onto movies and games after the semester's over.

BBS Signature
Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-23 01:04:08 Reply

I would like to relinquish my past misdeeds and become a member of the force. What ever it takes.

Where do I apply?

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
Shadaw
Shadaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-23 03:17:36 Reply

I thought Tails Prower was a fox?

BBS Signature
Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-23 05:34:19 Reply

At 4/23/14 01:04 AM, Conal wrote: I would like to relinquish my past misdeeds and become a member of the force. What ever it takes.

I would take a Necromancer, since the Newgrounds Police Dept. has been dead for months, and even in its last months of activity no new users became full members. Your best bet is to increase your B/P rank to Private by voting fairly, get a Silver Whistle and make posts that contribute to the topics, then you are good to go to apply for the Elite Guard Barracks.

For the time being, everyone is welcome to post in the EGB thread to point out abusive submissions, every help is appreciated.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
D-Nightmare
D-Nightmare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-24 14:56:27 Reply

At 4/23/14 05:34 AM, Asandir wrote:
Your best bet is to increase your B/P rank to Private by voting fairly, get a Silver Whistle and make posts that contribute to the topics, then you are good to go to apply for the Elite Guard Barracks.

For the time being, everyone is welcome to post in the EGB thread to point out abusive submissions, every help is appreciated.

Silver Whistle, eh? NG Cops here have their work cut out for 'em.

Voting on reviews (Helpful/Useless/Abusive) will increase a user's whistle status, but by how much for each respective vote?

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-24 21:30:27 Reply

At 4/24/14 02:56 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: Voting on reviews (Helpful/Useless/Abusive) will increase a user's whistle status, but by how much for each respective vote?

Ahh... answering questions like this reminds me of when this place was still kickin. Unfortunately I don't think anyone truly knows how many whistle points are needed to reach the next whistle level since neither the points nor level thresholds were never displayed. I've mentored in the ways of the whistle for years and I still couldn't tell you how many successful flag-deletions it takes to advance. I believe this is in order to help discourage people from statwhoring their whistles - particularly incase innocent submissions might get falsely flagged for points. The best thing is to flag obviously abusive materials (reviews were how I got mine) and hope for the best in the long run.

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-24 23:51:46 Reply

At 4/24/14 02:56 PM, D-Nightmare wrote:
At 4/23/14 05:34 AM, Asandir wrote:
Your best bet is to increase your B/P rank to Private by voting fairly, get a Silver Whistle and make posts that contribute to the topics, then you are good to go to apply for the Elite Guard Barracks.

Silver Whistle, eh? NG Cops here have their work cut out for 'em.

Voting on reviews (Helpful/Useless/Abusive) will increase a user's whistle status, but by how much for each respective vote?

I don't know for certain, but when I was working up my whistle years ago, I only whistled truly offensive/rule breaking reviews...I think it took about 30 to go from regular to bronze, and about 50 more to get that to silver.

When flagging abusive reviews, if you find one really bad one, check that user's other reviews - they tend to generate many more abusive reviews before they are blocked from Newgrounds.

Remember, flagging a review that is borderline that is NOT deemed abusive is counted AGAINST you. So, when in doubt, ask first (over at the EGB - I monitor it daily).

And don't be afraid to use that blam button. If your intentions are to eventually join the Elite Guard barracks, it is much easier to do so when you have good stats, show an honest attempt at blamming and keeping the balance in the Portal, and have more meaningful /helpful posts. I think you're on the right track - but when you are ready, let me know....

...because I am the Chief Recruitment Officer for the EGB. If you want in, you need to make it past me first. If you pass muster, active ranking members vote on your acceptance, and we take it from there. If you keep up the good work, you have a chance.... ;)

Proud member of the EGB |-Barracks Info-|-EGB BBS-|-EGB Website-|

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-04-25 01:45:07 Reply

I always found the whistle raking to be way overrated. Just do your best, and ask for help if you need it.

D-Nightmare
D-Nightmare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-05-20 22:44:57 Reply

So, is the NG Military still up? It's supposed to go in between the Police Dept. and the Elite Guard Barracks.

I searched for it in the BBS, but nothing turned up.

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-05-23 12:59:52 Reply

At 5/20/14 10:44 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: So, is the NG Military still up? It's supposed to go in between the Police Dept. and the Elite Guard Barracks.

In all of my days upon hitting Private you would leave the NGPD and apply for the EGB. I assume the 'military' tag is just one given to the EGB, I was a member of both clubs years back and heard nothing of any other group (other than the DoD, which included members of both, I can barely remember its reasons for existing despite being a member of that too).

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2014-05-28 01:31:43 Reply

At 5/20/14 10:44 PM, D-Nightmare wrote: So, is the NG Military still up? It's supposed to go in between the Police Dept. and the Elite Guard Barracks.

Many groups have shut down, or have very infrequent updates.