Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

  • 526,803 Views
  • 18,688 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-17 12:05:04 Reply

At 7/17/12 06:34 AM, Decky wrote:
At 7/16/12 06:49 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: Now lets get this flash done once and for all <3
Good to hear that you are Okay and I'll give you that you're determined to get this flash done. I have to ask who is doing what? Who's the animator? Voice Actors? What genre is it going to be?

Animator is our favorite soup can
Voice actors are me for myself, Tails for Tails (I think), and Narcissy said he couldn't voice himself and we still need a voice for P-Bot. You can do either and I could prolly do the other one unless anyone else is up to it.

Read the script for more info pl0x

Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-17 13:49:06 Reply

Oh man. I kinda sorta left NG for like.. Lets see. One full month today. Then of course I wouldn't really call the one post I made as "coming back".

Anyway, I've been thinkin' a lot of this place in the last few days, and finally found some time to log on for more than a few seconds. I'm currently on vacation in Florida, but that's off topic and not at all why I'm posting here again.

I missed talkin' to you guys around here, plus a ton of my internet nostalgia is here. I mean, I can pretty much credit NG with the amount of time I spend on the internet. I'mma try to put myself back on this site more, I want to watch the NGPD thrive once more. I mean, we've been on the same page for almost a month now. The hell?! We went through nearly 50 pages last summer.

Tails, I read your news-post about how you've been drifting away, and I know how you're feeling and can't really blame you. A lot of great people who were here years ago have left. Not to say all of them have. Decky, deadman, ILBC, everyone else... You guys have made my NG experiences great, and really are most of my motivation to try to get back around here.

I'm not going to make any promises, but I'm going to try.


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-17 14:15:03 Reply

Stolen

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/599269?updated=1

Original: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/461521

This has got to be the shittiest attempt I have seen in awhile to steal someones work.

Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-17 14:31:36 Reply

Stolen

I stand corrected. Not only is the stage size completely off, but it even has a watermark which clearly states "Forstfire101 made this" (this flash is a few years old as well). Regardless of the strong evidence of theft, I'm willing to bet it passes judgment....

34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-18 12:34:03 Reply

At 7/17/12 01:49 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Oh man. I kinda sorta left NG for like.. Lets see. One full month today. Then of course I wouldn't really call the one post I made as "coming back".

Do not fear, I leave for nearly triple that and only come back to say hello.


Anyway, I've been thinkin' a lot of this place in the last few days, and finally found some time to log on for more than a few seconds. I'm currently on vacation in Florida, but that's off topic and not at all why I'm posting here again.

Florida you say? Say hai to Micky Mouse for me. Personally, I'm heading of to Virginia in a few weeks. Once a free trip there courtesy of the radio.


I missed talkin' to you guys around here, plus a ton of my internet nostalgia is here. I mean, I can pretty much credit NG with the amount of time I spend on the internet. I'mma try to put myself back on this site more, I want to watch the NGPD thrive once more. I mean, we've been on the same page for almost a month now. The hell?! We went through nearly 50 pages last summer.

Back in the day Game. Ah, I remember when I joined with Rory, Ronald, Domo and some other fine gents...Nostaligic memories. The days when I gave two shits about B/P.


Tails, I read your news-post about how you've been drifting away, and I know how you're feeling and can't really blame you. A lot of great people who were here years ago have left. Not to say all of them have. Decky, deadman, ILBC, everyone else... You guys have made my NG experiences great, and really are most of my motivation to try to get back around here.

I feel honored to be in the list of names. We all age and grow tired of something. I am amazed that Tails stuck around for this long with saying forget this in the past.

At 7/12/12 08:26 AM, Decky wrote: As Decky looked into the dark, eerie, abandoned NGPD he was hit with a sense of nostalgia and regret that it couldn't have lasted longer. "Tails? Gamewhiz? ILBC?" He shouted, but to no reply. Moving over to the corner he settled down for what could be a long wait for a possible rebirth.....Or maybe not.
Basically, come on you guys. Let's get it together.

"I am here!" Deadman calls out from the basements of the semi abandoned building of the NGPD. Covered in cobwebs, Deadman walked his way to Decky. "Good soldier never die you know? We just fade away."


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-19 00:24:27 Reply

At 7/18/12 12:34 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 7/12/12 08:26 AM, Decky wrote: (stuff)
"I am here!" Deadman calls out from the basements of the semi abandoned building of the NGPD. Covered in cobwebs, Deadman walked his way to Decky. "Good soldier never die you know? We just fade away."

O' Deadman, it's good to hear from you once again. For once I can't really say anything about how often people are posting as I myself have decreased in forum activity, although I'm still trying to get at least one post per day but over the passed couple of days this has usually ended up being a crappy one or two liner in General. I'm still fighting to keep this place alive and kickin' though.

Well, anyway, hope you are well and thanks for replying to my random nostalgic story of woe.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-19 01:40:51 Reply

At 7/19/12 12:24 AM, Decky wrote: I'm still fighting to keep this place alive and kickin' though.

You can't do it alone man. It's a team effort. We just need to get the team back together... Or assemble a new one.


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-19 03:12:30 Reply

At 7/19/12 01:40 AM, Gamewiz wrote: We just need to get the team back together... Or assemble a new one.

This is true but there is nothing we can really do about either of them except just wait and see what happens. If old members turn up then so be it but if we just keep the thread active then it's only a matter of time until some new people find out about us.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-19 15:04:08 Reply

At 7/19/12 03:12 AM, Decky wrote:
At 7/19/12 01:40 AM, Gamewiz wrote: We just need to get the team back together... Or assemble a new one.
This is true but there is nothing we can really do about either of them except just wait and see what happens. If old members turn up then so be it but if we just keep the thread active then it's only a matter of time until some new people find out about us.

Hell, little chit chat like this will keep this place alive. I doubt we will return to tip top shape, but this will suffice for the time being.


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-19 19:02:32 Reply

At 7/19/12 03:04 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 7/19/12 03:12 AM, Decky wrote:
At 7/19/12 01:40 AM, Gamewiz wrote: We just need to get the team back together... Or assemble a new one.
This is true but there is nothing we can really do about either of them except just wait and see what happens. If old members turn up then so be it but if we just keep the thread active then it's only a matter of time until some new people find out about us.
Hell, little chit chat like this will keep this place alive. I doubt we will return to tip top shape, but this will suffice for the time being.

Yeah, anything is better than nothing right? I mean, half of why the chattyness level of this place went down was due to mod scares... And, while it is important to stay on topic here, it doesn't mean we can't stray a little bit right? As long as we don't start suddenly turning into another group.


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-20 19:06:33 Reply

At 7/19/12 07:02 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 7/19/12 03:04 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 7/19/12 03:12 AM, Decky wrote:
At 7/19/12 01:40 AM, Gamewiz wrote: We just need to get the team back together... Or assemble a new one.
This is true but there is nothing we can really do about either of them except just wait and see what happens. If old members turn up then so be it but if we just keep the thread active then it's only a matter of time until some new people find out about us.
Hell, little chit chat like this will keep this place alive. I doubt we will return to tip top shape, but this will suffice for the time being.
Yeah, anything is better than nothing right? I mean, half of why the chattyness level of this place went down was due to mod scares... And, while it is important to stay on topic here, it doesn't mean we can't stray a little bit right? As long as we don't start suddenly turning into another group.

New.Grounds.Pineapple.Department. We specialize in pineapple and pineapple accessories! Also, mod scares? I take it mal has chewed the fat again? It's usually Mal anyway who comes in here to keep us in line.


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-21 14:06:46 Reply

Possible stolen Flash:

  • Skate Mania
    Skate Mania by hqpro

    You are the new skater in town.

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    265 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

All of this guy's flashes have messed up stage sizes, one of them doesn't even work. Just seems very suspicious; I'll probably try and pm an admin to investigate it.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-21 19:22:08 Reply

At 7/21/12 02:06 PM, Pride wrote: Possible stolen Flash:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/599526
All of this guy's flashes have messed up stage sizes, one of them doesn't even work. Just seems very suspicious; I'll probably try and pm an admin to investigate it.

This is the best I could come up with: the website from this link http://www.dailyfreegames.com/games/sports-games/skate-mania .html cites a Playhub as the uploader which doesn't match up with the NG submitter's username. As usual, the NG account in question has no background information whatsoever so I'd be comfortable with flagging it... IF WE COULD.

Hey all... it's been a while hasn't it? I don't have much to say for myself. Simply put, I don't have any ideas or motivation to pursue anything relating to this crew anymore. I'm actually open to the notion of y'all deciding amongst yourselves who the next Unit Ops. will be, or even the new Commissioner since I'm pretty inactive here. I'm all washed out, you see, so maybe it's time for the torch to be passed on.


Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-22 05:57:53 Reply

At 7/21/12 07:22 PM, TailsPrower wrote: maybe it's time for the torch to be passed on.

I'm willing to take your role if that is ok with everybody. It's a shame that you are basically leaving though, I guess we all grow tried of this place at some point.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-22 20:13:17 Reply

At 7/22/12 05:57 AM, Decky wrote:
At 7/21/12 07:22 PM, TailsPrower wrote: maybe it's time for the torch to be passed on.
I'm willing to take your role if that is ok with everybody. It's a shame that you are basically leaving though, I guess we all grow tried of this place at some point.

It happens to the best of us sadly. I would submit me resume as well, but as the second in charge. My inactivity at times is spotty and I doubt leading a group like that is not a good idea. Dunno guys, this group is moving slowly...maybe its time to patch this up? We have our pride and dignity left, might as well go out with class.


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-23 17:44:13 Reply

At 7/21/12 07:22 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I'm all washed out, you see, so maybe it's time for the torch to be passed on.

Haha, that time already? Id nominate Spiffy if he were here. If not, i guess 34deadman.


BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-23 18:05:53 Reply

At 7/23/12 05:44 PM, MrAngel wrote: Haha, that time already? Id nominate Spiffy if he were here. If not, i guess 34deadman.

*cough* cheers for remembering me Angel.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-23 23:33:39 Reply

At 7/21/12 07:22 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 7/21/12 02:06 PM, Pride wrote:
I'm actually open to the notion of y'all deciding amongst yourselves who the next Unit Ops. will be, or even the new Commissioner since I'm pretty inactive here. I'm all washed out, you see, so maybe it's time for the torch to be passed on.

It's sad to see this truly come from you, Tails. I'll throw my resume into the pile. I'd have to say, if you're really moving on Tails, wouldn't it be appropriate for you to choose your successor? Or at least specific candidates. Then we can vote on them in the PF. I don't know. This would be so much easier if Tails wasn't in the inevitable moving on stage. :/


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-24 05:46:12 Reply

At 7/23/12 11:33 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Or at least specific candidates. Then we can vote on them in the PF.

Although on paper this seems like a good idea you have to take into account that there are now very few users that bother to check this thread regularly so can you imagine how many of them go to the PF, I haven't been there for about a month myself. So you'd end up with a poll that's winner has 2 votes.

Seems a little unfair.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-24 16:22:45 Reply

At 7/24/12 05:46 AM, Decky wrote:
At 7/23/12 11:33 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Or at least specific candidates. Then we can vote on them in the PF.
Although on paper this seems like a good idea you have to take into account that there are now very few users that bother to check this thread regularly so can you imagine how many of them go to the PF, I haven't been there for about a month myself. So you'd end up with a poll that's winner has 2 votes.

I like the idea of Tails at least leaving us a list of people he like to take over. We will eat each other alive if it comes to a democratic vote.


Seems a little unfair.

Hm, considering that there are only about...maybe five people pulling the strings here 2 votes is already a nice chunk of percentage.

At 7/23/12 05:44 PM, MrAngel wrote:
At 7/21/12 07:22 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I'm all washed out, you see, so maybe it's time for the torch to be passed on.
Haha, that time already? Id nominate Spiffy if he were here. If not, i guess 34deadman.

Well, I feel pretty damn special.


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-25 22:31:35 Reply

Here's a suggestion. Rather than just trying to butt heads with the buttheads here to formulate a decision, why not act out and send messages asking the ones who had friends here, did work, and who scramble around these parts trying to get the group going

Chances are the inactive ones probably don't even realize how inactive they're helping making the group.


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-26 11:36:05 Reply

At 7/25/12 10:31 PM, Narcissy wrote: Here's a suggestion. Rather than just trying to butt heads with the buttheads here to formulate a decision, why not act out and send messages asking the ones who had friends here, did work, and who scramble around these parts trying to get the group going

Chances are the inactive ones probably don't even realize how inactive they're helping making the group.

This. I really don't think we should do something as drastic as getting a new commissioner just because we aren't as active as we used to be.

34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 13:55:53 Reply

At 7/26/12 11:36 AM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
At 7/25/12 10:31 PM, Narcissy wrote: Here's a suggestion. Rather than just trying to butt heads with the buttheads here to formulate a decision, why not act out and send messages asking the ones who had friends here, did work, and who scramble around these parts trying to get the group going

Chances are the inactive ones probably don't even realize how inactive they're helping making the group.
This. I really don't think we should do something as drastic as getting a new commissioner just because we aren't as active as we used to be.

This might be the case, but we still need a damn Co Ops. Prower has dropped off the face of the planet. I wouldn't mind delaying finding a new commish, but there needs to be somebody who has authority for second in charge around here. Unless, he is planning a return.


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 14:57:22 Reply

At 7/27/12 01:55 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 7/26/12 11:36 AM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
At 7/25/12 10:31 PM, Narcissy wrote: Here's a suggestion. Rather than just trying to butt heads with the buttheads here to formulate a decision, why not act out and send messages asking the ones who had friends here, did work, and who scramble around these parts trying to get the group going

Chances are the inactive ones probably don't even realize how inactive they're helping making the group.
This. I really don't think we should do something as drastic as getting a new commissioner just because we aren't as active as we used to be.
This might be the case, but we still need a damn Co Ops. Prower has dropped off the face of the planet. I wouldn't mind delaying finding a new commish, but there needs to be somebody who has authority for second in charge around here. Unless, he is planning a return.

This, this, all my +1.

If we could actually get in contact with Prower, that would be great, but I think Tail's tried months ago and heard nothing. A Unit Ops is becoming a priority to keep this place in shape.

We can't speak for Tails, saying that things will return to business as usual, but hey, maybe there's a chance that if things pick up between us normal users, then Tail's will have motivation to come back. I know that's what happened to me when I saw a random spike of activity.


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 18:13:46 Reply

At 7/27/12 02:57 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 7/27/12 01:55 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 7/26/12 11:36 AM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
At 7/25/12 10:31 PM, Narcissy wrote: Stuff

I know what you guys are saying and I think we should start doing more to get this places activity up. I suggest maybe making so sort of newspost adverts of sorts. I'll put one up in abit.


I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 18:16:23 Reply

At 7/27/12 01:55 PM, 34Deadman wrote: This might be the case, but we still need a damn Co Ops. Prower has dropped off the face of the planet. I wouldn't mind delaying finding a new commish, but there needs to be somebody who has authority for second in charge around here. Unless, he is planning a return.

History has shown and will continue to show that if a leader is faulting on their duty, then it's up to the people to elect a new leader. If the people are unwilling to act, the whole nation falls.

This, of course, is nowhere near as drastic as a nation and its leader, but the principal is the same. I would request that we, the left overs of the active, act as the club's people. It may not be standard procedure around here, but this isn't a standard time. This is a desperate time.

From what I can see, you are waiting for your leader to act and your leader is waiting for you. This is a circle. I suggest we elect a new officer. Your decision should be held down to what you believe is right. Not most experienced, not who you like the most. Someone you believe has the true potential to take this dying club, gather its members, and bring it back to life.

It's time to stop piddling. It's time to stop waiting for the club to hope back up, making guesses, complaining, and waiting for your reluctant leader. If you want this club to stand back up, you have to act. You have to take that initiative. It won't do it itself. Back when Soup Squad had a total of three members, if I had waited for Little-Rena to act or wait for the group to show a spark of life, I would have waited until its death-bed. Instead, I decided to make the group grow and it's at least five times its size and probably the only active flash crew on Newgrounds.

Point is, if you want this club to raise back up, you have to do it. You must decide as an individual that you want this group to grow. This group is a team, yes. But this team is full of single persons. You, as a single, must decide to bring it back to life. Even if you're all alone, treat it as if it's alive and full.


"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 18:36:02 Reply

At 7/27/12 06:13 PM, Decky wrote:
At 7/27/12 02:57 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 7/27/12 01:55 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 7/26/12 11:36 AM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
At 7/25/12 10:31 PM, Narcissy wrote: Stuff
I know what you guys are saying and I think we should start doing more to get this places activity up. I suggest maybe making so sort of newspost adverts of sorts. I'll put one up in abit.

I'm going to look back for the last roster and start sending people PMs. I'll tell 'em to post here in the thread if we should keep them as a member. If they don't post in a week then I guess we count them as gone. I'll also come up with something to say in a newspost about the NGPD.


Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
Viper
Viper
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 35
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 20:36:34 Reply

hi
i guess id like to join ._.


Formally known as Viper50
When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.
Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 21:49:47 Reply

Maybe it's about time that the NGPD was laid to rest. I mean, as it stands, it's roughly over 1,000 pages if you count the old thread (Correct me if I'm wrong) and clubs do tend to die out every now and again. I mean look at the NGDD. At one point, it was a swarming community... Now... Newer users wouldn't have even heard of it.

I've had my time in this club. I've got my fond memories, and throughout it all, Tails was a user who kept it all together and was the blatant backbone to the structure of the club, and while yes, he could be replaced... Tails has shaped and formed this club in a time where the NG BBS in itself was a thriving community. Whereas now... It isn't. It will be extremely hard to bring back this club to the level that it once was in it's past days.

The question is... Is there any point in trying all that?

Now I'm not trying to be a pessimist here... All I'm saying is that... This club was going to die out one day for numerous reasons, and.... The potential isn't actually there any more. There's only a handful of users who actually post here any more. A roster hasn't been made in months, and.... Well... Life goes on.

It is such a shame for the club to have to die, but wouldn't you rather let an old dog die with your memories and times that once where, than trying to force it to learn new tricks in order to try and make it what it once was? Because, I'm sorry guys... But it isn't going to happen.

I've supported this club for years now and have even been involved in numerous key decisions, hell, I was the roster manager for a long while, so in my personal opinion... Say your goodbyes and let the thread move on. The posts will still be there, and the memories will still be here, but the chances of making new ones are very slim.

But hey... This is just me. Uncle Lizz popping in, once in every blue moon.

ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-07-27 23:39:53 Reply

At 7/27/12 09:49 PM, Lizzardis wrote: stuff

I think we've all felt this but where to afraid to say it. The NGPD is ACTUALLY DEAD now along with the rest of Newgrounds all together to be honest. I certainly can't help but to blame myself as it was my shitty idea of a chat and allowing certain people who weren't members in it. With the horrifying death of said chat that caused the mods b&hammers to come millimeters of our noses we all got disheartened making us lose interest and it led to our inevitable downfall.

Which is why we can't let it die. We need to come back from this stronger than ever this time. Our job was to blam and protect and as God as my witness I won't stop until we've wiped every piece of shit from this great website forever together like we said we would. We need to be ruthless about this and we need to FORCE ourselves to do so. I've done it before and as you can see I didn't push hard enough.

I'll admit before I began typing all of this, I was about to agree and let us die. But then I went to the portal and saw what is in the picture below. The sudden fast rage that filled me helped me remember that it is our job to eradicate it. So we will. We will get back on our feet. I refuse to let us die this time. Maybe we'll die some day but that day is not today. We'll finish the flash and we'll get back on our feet stronger than ever this time. And this will only happen if we work to make it happen.

And hai, Lizzy.

Newgrounds Police Dept.