New Topic Respond to this Topic
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-05 16:49:04 Reply

In case any of you fine people are interested, I have just released my first version of PortalGuard3.

For those who don't know what it does: it's a small utility that scans NewGrounds for new Under Judgmententries, and lets you know when they first arrive. You can run it minimized as a system tray icon, and do other work - but when something new hits, you can see it right away and handle it as needed.

It is NOT a voting tool - it merely makes you aware of new entries as they happen and lets you get to them quickly.

You can read all about it - and download it - Here at the Portal Guard 3 FAQ page

Thanks for listening - hope it helps you in your quest to keep the Portal safe and secure!

*Salutes*
EGSC byteslinger

Proud member of the EGB |-Barracks Info-|-EGB BBS-|-EGB Website-|

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-06 09:39:20 Reply

At 23 hours ago, Decky wrote: So how is all you NGPD members out there?

Hi Decky! I'm fine!

How long has it been since there was a roster in this place?

Wow, there's a roster thingy?

Been a while, I don't even know who is still collecting some B/P and how much. Anybody nearly ranking out yet? Been a while since somebody moved up too. I don't think there has been a retired NGPD member go up to the EGB since me. If thats right then it's been about 6 months.

Im almost gonna rank out of the Police Capt. rank...
I'm gonna have to leave soon because of being over qualified...

Anyway, hope you are all well and still serving the portal. I'm inching my way to the combined 5,000 B/P milestone, should be hitting that in the next couple of days, and with that I'm then at the Sergeant rank.

Yay, good for you! :D

Have to ask has anybody heard anything about the Flash Mods and when they are being appointed? Are they currently appointed? I don't know much about what is happening there.

Yeah I also heard about the flash mods. I also dont know much about it yet.

| Failing Artist :c | HADOUKEN! | Furry Pride! :3 | geeettttttt dunked on!!! | Dapper! :D |

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-06 11:37:50 Reply

At 1 hour ago, 123mine123 wrote: Im almost gonna rank out of the Police Capt. rank...
I'm gonna have to leave soon because of being over qualified...

Well when you rank out you can still post here and remember that you can then go on to apply to the EGB (as long as you have at least a bronze whistle). O' yes the Elite Guard Barracks, where the next member up on the roster is always thosands away.

FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-06 11:44:40 Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Decky wrote: Well when you rank out you can still post here and remember that you can then go on to apply to the EGB (as long as you have at least a bronze whistle). O' yes the Elite Guard Barracks, where the next member up on the roster is always thosands away.

ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE!!!!... or be recognized lol.

But yeah, the Elite Guards are preeeetty l337. You should join if you're l337.

*snort*

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-06 20:27:50 Reply

At 8 hours ago, TailsPrower wrote: ONLY THE STRONGEST WILL SURVIVE!!!!... or be recognized lol.

O' I don't think that I'll ever be recognized Tails XD. I'm an unkown and proud.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-06 20:30:15 Reply

At 32 seconds ago, Decky wrote: O' I don't think that I'll ever be recognized Tails XD. I'm an unkown and proud.

Oh you hipster, you!

we don't take kindly to yer type >:(

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-07 11:53:04 Reply

At 1 day ago, Decky wrote: Well when you rank out you can still post here

Oh goody! :D

and remember that you can then go on to apply to the EGB (as long as you have at least a bronze whistle). O' yes the Elite Guard Barracks, where the next member up on the roster is always thosands away.

Yeah, I know...
Problem is the whistle.
I got a garbage for flagging what I thought abusive reviews...
Well, one day, Ill get a bronze...someday...

Also HI TAILS!!! YOU'RE BACK!!! :D

| Failing Artist :c | HADOUKEN! | Furry Pride! :3 | geeettttttt dunked on!!! | Dapper! :D |

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-07 18:11:02 Reply

At 6 hours ago, 123mine123 wrote: Problem is the whistle.

If you post in the EGB if anybody can help you with your whistle I'm sure somebody will at least get back to you with some helpful links. I know at least one or two of them will know something to help you find abusive reviews.

Having said that I'm not too sure with this new mods thing if stuff has changed.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-10 06:26:24 Reply

Hello NGPD! *Salute*
So I just ranked out of Police Captain rank and am now a private...
So what happens now?

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-10 12:54:51 Reply

At 6 hours ago, 123mine123 wrote: Hello NGPD! *Salute*
So I just ranked out of Police Captain rank and am now a private...
So what happens now?

Well, that means that technically you've received an Honorable Discharge from the NGPD. However, that doesn't mean you are being sent away forever - you can stay here as long as you like given that you follow the rules and stay on my good side. You could go for the Elite Guards after you fix that whistle up to bronze, if you want. It's a lot more competitive over there but there's no doubt they're a swell bunch.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-10 17:32:56 Reply

At 11 hours ago, 123mine123 wrote: So I just ranked out of Police Captain rank and am now a private...

Congrats on this quite impressive milestone mate :). 500 more till your a first class private and from then on the ranks are at least 1,000 apart. O' they soon get harder, I'm bearly ever ranking up now.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-10 20:50:31 Reply

At 7 hours ago, TailsPrower wrote: Well, that means that technically you've received an Honorable Discharge from the NGPD.

Yay!

However, that doesn't mean you are being sent away forever - you can stay here as long as you like given that you follow the rules and stay on my good side.

Of course I would! :)

You could go for the Elite Guards after you fix that whistle up to bronze, if you want. It's a lot more competitive over there but there's no doubt they're a swell bunch.

Yep, I can't wait to get a bronze whistle!
I really want also really want to join the EGB!

At 3 hours ago, Decky wrote: Congrats on this quite impressive milestone mate :).

Thanks Decky! :3

500 more till your a first class private and from then on the ranks are at least 1,000 apart. O' they soon get harder, I'm bearly ever ranking up now.

Yeah i know...much harder... O.o

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-16 12:48:38 Reply

O hai NGPD!

Internet has been taking dumps on me (and still is), Skyrim has become a deadly addiction, and school has been giving me tests and projects for the past week so I swear I'm not just being lazy!

After a trip to the private forums, I'm a little hopeful about the whole flash thing. With the completion of one of them, I think the future will become much brighter for us up in hurrr. I'll always have hope that we can get busy again, and with NG getting fix'd up so fast it looks like that's coming soon.

Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-17 00:05:03 Reply

WOW. It's been too long since I've even logged into Newgrounds... Life's happened for me, and in some cases, it's actually good. :D

Short Summary: I got a girlfriend, and my school has been kicking my ass with work. Also, got into my first fender-bender today....

Anyway, I'm going to make an effort to start moving into NG when I have more free time, I love it here, I learned out to use the internet here. I can't just abandon this place! There's been a lack of activity here in the NGPD again I've noticed, but... Is it true that Tails is staying with us? PLLEEEAAASE tell me he is! :3

Anyway, I'll try to check in more and get back into my routine again as things settle out with school and such. OH, before I forget, congrats 123mine for ranking out! Like Tails said, feel free to hang around, you ranking out only means you're no longer on the roster, (Which hasn't been posted in forever...) we're not banning you from the group or anything :)

Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-17 13:36:10 Reply

At 13 hours ago, Gamewiz wrote: Is it true that Tails is staying with us? PLLEEEAAASE tell me he is! :3

Tis true, mein frunde. It's gotten to the point where he's off his usual "lazy guy" regimen that he is POSTING in the PRIVATE FORUMS. It's truly the sign of the apocalypse, and a sign of progress on the flash(es).

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-17 20:33:35 Reply

At 6 hours ago, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
At 13 hours ago, Gamewiz wrote: (stuff)

It's good to hear from you Gamewiz and I'm glad that your life in "the real world" is going well. I hope that you continue to find the time to post here (NGPD). I believe that you are the only still active member from around the same time that I signed up. Obviously Tails as well.

Tis true, mein frunde. It's gotten to the point where he's off his usual "lazy guy" regimen that he is POSTING in the PRIVATE FORUMS. It's truly the sign of the apocalypse, and a sign of progress on the flash(es).

It would be a sign of the apocalypse if I posted in the private forums I think ;). Keep me posted if you want any artwork for that there flash.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-17 20:47:08 Reply

At 20 hours ago, Gamewiz wrote: OH, before I forget, congrats 123mine for ranking out! Like Tails said, feel free to hang around, you ranking out only means you're no longer on the roster, (Which hasn't been posted in forever...) we're not banning you from the group or anything :)

Thanks, Gamewiz!
I love hanging around the NGPD!
So im glad that I can still post and somehow still be part of it.
My next goal is trying to get a bronze whistle...
Also Im glad Tails is back!
Got a little worried when there was some kind of argument about Tails not coming back and NGPD not having as many members or something.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-19 10:24:39 Reply

May I request that we have a roster in this place, it has been months now I believe. Surly it doesn't take to long with Byte's system thingy :). Go on Tails, you know you want to :).

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-19 12:08:29 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Decky wrote: May I request that we have a roster in this place, it has been months now I believe. Surly it doesn't take to long with Byte's system thingy :). Go on Tails, you know you want to :).

Actually no I don't. Last week the ONLY person who made any sort of gain was Sectus with 61 points which is very respectable. The only problem is that the rest were zeroes. Unless I start seeing more members b/p'ing, I'm not even going to bother with Rosters anymore.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-19 12:35:42 Reply

At 19 minutes ago, TailsPrower wrote: Actually no I don't. Last week the ONLY person who made any sort of gain was Sectus with 61 points which is very respectable. The only problem is that the rest were zeroes. Unless I start seeing more members b/p'ing, I'm not even going to bother with Rosters anymore.

That's bad :(, really bad. Come on guys get your asses to the portal and do a little B/Ping. It's basically the whole point of this club and I personally as a veteran don't want this place to fail. Your letting me down guys, I understand that people have there own things going on but it takes only a few minutes out of your week.

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-19 19:46:08 Reply

At 7 hours ago, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Decky wrote: May I request that we have a roster in this place, it has been months now I believe. Surly it doesn't take to long with Byte's system thingy :). Go on Tails, you know you want to :).
Actually no I don't. Last week the ONLY person who made any sort of gain was Sectus with 61 points which is very respectable. The only problem is that the rest were zeroes. Unless I start seeing more members b/p'ing, I'm not even going to bother with Rosters anymore.

Oh don't be like that Tails~! Also I like the looks of this redesign looks neat. By the way mentlegen how is life? I plan on posting some more now if you don't mind I must figure out this new layout.....

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-19 20:09:56 Reply

At 17 minutes ago, 34Deadman wrote: I like the looks of this redesign looks neat. By the way mentlegen how is life? I plan on posting some more now if you don't mind I must figure out this new layout.....

Good to see that you are still about Deadman :). As for myself I'm trying to bury myself in the mound of college work that has got me busy for the next few months until it's all over and I can relex until I start at university in about 18 months time.

As for the redesign, it's ok. Now that I've had time to get used to it. Still not happy about the icons though.

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-21 18:48:58 Reply

At 1 day ago, Decky wrote:
At 17 minutes ago, 34Deadman wrote: I like the looks of this redesign looks neat. By the way mentlegen how is life? I plan on posting some more now if you don't mind I must figure out this new layout.....
Good to see that you are still about Deadman :). As for myself I'm trying to bury myself in the mound of college work that has got me busy for the next few months until it's all over and I can relex until I start at university in about 18 months time.

As for the redesign, it's ok. Now that I've had time to get used to it. Still not happy about the icons though.

Icons are a bit of overkill but hell its fancy which makes us look...fancy or generic? Anywho hope you don't die under that mound of college work I'll throw ya a life line. But in all seriousness good luck with that. And I am still here found a link to NG in my history(before whipping it all clean) and came here. Did any of you guys hear bout Randy Solem? Sad stuff mate guy was a real good animator.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-25 12:26:14 Reply

At 3/21/12 06:48 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Did any of you guys hear bout Randy Solem? Sad stuff mate guy was a real good animator.

It took me a while to hear about the news. It's a great loss to the community. He was one of the first animators I really became a fan of because sprite movies and vg parodies were what got me into NG in the first place all those many years ago. My best wishes go to his family and friends.

Also, 3 days ago marked the 4 year anniversary of the new NGPD thread's grand opening! While the NGPD's official birthday is still November 30, 2005, it's remarkable to think how far we've come with this new thread.

Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-25 14:57:23 Reply

At 3/25/12 12:26 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Also, 3 days ago marked the 4 year anniversary of the new NGPD thread's grand opening! While the NGPD's official birthday is still November 30, 2005, it's remarkable to think how far we've come with this new thread.

Well a happy birthday to the NGPD (if it is a little late) :).

It's strange to think that I have been here for about half of that time. This place seems to have been here forever, hard to say I've been here for a quite big percentage. What am I doing with my life....*thinks about it*...I love my life XD.

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-25 15:15:13 Reply

At 3/25/12 12:26 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 3/21/12 06:48 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Did any of you guys hear bout Randy Solem? Sad stuff mate guy was a real good animator.
It took me a while to hear about the news. It's a great loss to the community. He was one of the first animators I really became a fan of because sprite movies and vg parodies were what got me into NG in the first place all those many years ago. My best wishes go to his family and friends.

Also, 3 days ago marked the 4 year anniversary of the new NGPD thread's grand opening! While the NGPD's official birthday is still November 30, 2005, it's remarkable to think how far we've come with this new thread.

If we make it to 10 year anniversary that will be a true milestone right there. Hopefully by then this place will be much more active. Summer always brings activity though so thats something to look forward to!

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-27 22:02:09 Reply

Well hey my old friend Tails it has been far too long since I have been here. And there is a lot of new members around here that I have seen but good to see Decky and 34deadman still around here. So how have things around the Police dept. been going?

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-28 07:55:32 Reply

At 3/27/12 10:02 PM, Pandamir wrote: Well hey my old friend Tails it has been far too long since I have been here. And there is a lot of new members around here that I have seen but good to see Decky and 34deadman still around here. So how have things around the Police dept. been going?

Good to hear from you Pandamir :). Things here have been a little slow at the moment, so much in fact that I generally can't remember the last time there was a roster due to low B/P gain by the members. But I'm not giving up on this place, I'll always be posting here.

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-28 23:49:03 Reply

At 3/27/12 10:02 PM, Pandamir wrote: Well hey my old friend Tails it has been far too long since I have been here. And there is a lot of new members around here that I have seen but good to see Decky and 34deadman still around here. So how have things around the Police dept. been going?

No grave will keep this body down you can bet on that! So it looks like the old days here again...oh god nostalgia. Anywho I have been trying to catch up on the thread since my lovely temporary retirement and looks like we might be merging with EGB if this inactivity slump continues. Now its a nice idea it really is but man the whole point of NGPD is like training to join The Barracks and it seems odd just to do away with this place and have the EGB coach us. Maybe it might be better for activity but it seems weird to me that's all. Maybe because I am used to the current system of things.

I also bumped into Tails post of losing interest in this club and man I feel you. If any of you recall I practically said the same thing in my little retirement speech got tired of the routine and it felt like a job to B/P instead of it being fun. Also with it being reasonably inactive in here it feels like your talking to a damn wall which also makes it feel lonely in here. Fortunately for me Decky has been replying and it doesn't feel that way yet.

I say, just throwing my 2 cents in, Let's get new OPS to replace PowerPrower(or however you spell it I haven't been on in some time forgive me) because we need a second in command to asses the new recruits. Now we wait untilthe end of summer to determine if this club reached the point were we bid are farewells to it or merge(hopefully if they allow it) with EGB to buy ourselves a few more years. Now thats worse case scenario best is just this is just another slump that we will get over and soon we will rise from the ashes like a phoenix and return to decent activity.

That's my thoughts and now I must really hit the hay its late....

*Salute*
P.S Tails if you don't mind reinstate me I feel like I can get my ass involved here finally.

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-03-29 00:11:14 Reply

At 3/28/12 11:49 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
No grave will keep this body down you can bet on that! So it looks like the old days here again...oh god nostalgia.

Yeah tell me about it man. I know right before I pulled my big disappearing act I noticed the activity kinda slowing down but if there is talks about a merge then this inacitivity is at a critical state. But it's also good to see a few old friends around here still remember me cause I really have been away for far too long.

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature