New Topic Respond to this Topic
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-19 00:46:23 Reply

Also has anyone realized that the flash portal has a lot of SOPA related flashes, and no matter how suckish it is, some somehow passes...?

| HaDouKeN!!! >:D | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D | I'm here to fail! x3 |

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-19 09:17:12 Reply

At 1/19/12 12:46 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Also has anyone realized that the flash portal has a lot of SOPA related flashes, and no matter how suckish it is, some somehow passes...?

It's hard for some people to differentiate between quality and ideals. Then again, when you support what a submission is advocating, it'd seems counter-intuitive to vote against it. It's practically a free ticket to the Portal. It kinda sucks, but it does help clue in on how strong a popular opinion is.

Also, we'll need 1 more vote to wrap up the REP so if any member hasn't voted yet, please do so ASAP!

it's too early for Winter Wrap Up, Twilight :P

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-19 10:28:43 Reply

At 1/19/12 09:17 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 1/19/12 12:46 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Also has anyone realized that the flash portal has a lot of SOPA related flashes, and no matter how suckish it is, some somehow passes...?
It's hard for some people to differentiate between quality and ideals. Then again, when you support what a submission is advocating, it'd seems counter-intuitive to vote against it. It's practically a free ticket to the Portal. It kinda sucks, but it does help clue in on how strong a popular opinion is.

I agree completely with what Tails is saying although with everything like this you get a lot of crap but every now and again a real gem pops it head out from the rest. Exibit A:

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-19 17:35:32 Reply

Alright laddies, I just got back from the PF to deliver some news regarding the REP.

By a unanimous decision from our voters, the NGPD hereby accepts 123mine123 as the newest member to the fold! Congratulations on making it in, mine! Your determination and perseverance has pulled you through, though I personally had little doubt you'd make it in. We look forward to having you onboard with us.

Now, to the Portal!
*Salute*

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-19 21:51:19 Reply

At 1/19/12 05:35 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Alright laddies, I just got back from the PF to deliver some news regarding the REP.

By a unanimous decision from our voters, the NGPD hereby accepts 123mine123 as the newest member to the fold! Congratulations on making it in, mine! Your determination and perseverance has pulled you through, though I personally had little doubt you'd make it in. We look forward to having you onboard with us.

Now, to the Portal!
*Salute*

Whoa! YEAH! Im in!
Thanks guyz! I promise to fullfill any NGPD duties and to always vote fairly!
*Salute*

| HaDouKeN!!! >:D | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D | I'm here to fail! x3 |

BBS Signature
Sepultura123
Sepultura123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-20 16:33:03 Reply

I just earned the Police status in my Blam/Protection point... Im good or what ?

-

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-20 17:43:20 Reply

At 1/20/12 09:33 AM, NL-Courage wrote: I want to ask if I'm possible to join this force or not.

Well I've looked at your user page and you have a good amount of B/P which will allow you to get into this club. You also have more then enough forum posts. The only problem that I see is that your post quality is alittle bad. If I were you I'd work on making your posts longer.

This is not an official no, that has to come from Tails but this is probably what he'd say.

BBS Signature
Sepultura123
Sepultura123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-20 18:12:12 Reply

Maybe im good W00T !!!!!

-

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-20 18:32:25 Reply

At 1/20/12 06:12 PM, Sepultura123 wrote: Maybe im good W00T !!!!!

I'm sorry, but I didn't even get through the 1st page of your posts before losing count of how many utterly lame, childish and pointless insults make up your recent forum usage. The fact that you don't appear to know you could've joined this club with a Portal Security badge either doesn't do your apparent ability to read threads any favours (that information is in the OP of this thread).

I know it's been a long, LONG time since I officially had anything to do with this, but I very much doubt the NGPD's standards have slipped so low as to allow that kind of attitude towards the BBS to pass a preliminary inspection. It's up to Tails and / or whoever's the Unit-Ops these days, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

(Tails: Apologies if any of this is wrong, but... I really hope it's not, for the sake of more than just me.)

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-21 15:33:54 Reply

At 1/20/12 06:32 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 1/20/12 06:12 PM, Sepultura123 wrote: Maybe im good W00T !!!!!
I know it's been a long, LONG time since I officially had anything to do with this, but I very much doubt the NGPD's standards have slipped so low as to allow that kind of attitude towards the BBS to pass a preliminary inspection. It's up to Tails and / or whoever's the Unit-Ops these days, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

I'm agreeing with this ^^^.

Also I don't believe that there is a Unit-Ops at the moment. Could be wrong though, from what I remember somebody may have been given the job but I can't think who or even if they still post here. Didn't Spiffy have it until he ranked out? Then the mind goes blank.

Maybe this lack of memory is something to be worried about.

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-23 14:15:21 Reply

At 1/21/12 03:33 PM, Decky wrote:
At 1/20/12 06:32 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 1/20/12 06:12 PM, Sepultura123 wrote: Sheizen's awesome words
I'm agreeing with this ^^^.

Also I don't believe that there is a Unit-Ops at the moment. Could be wrong though, from what I remember somebody may have been given the job but I can't think who or even if they still post here. Didn't Spiffy have it until he ranked out? Then the mind goes blank.

Maybe this lack of memory is something to be worried about.

First of all, I'd like to add a third agreement to Sheizen's words.

Second of all, we do currently have a Unit-Ops at the moment, but he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth over the last few months... PowerPrower. Tails, if you know anything please enlighten us all on what's going on would ya?

Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-23 19:56:43 Reply

At 1/23/12 02:15 PM, Gamewiz wrote: Tails, if you know anything please enlighten us all on what's going on would ya?

I second this...
Im still new to the NGPD, and this kind of news will be valuable information for me.

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-24 18:15:03 Reply

According to the Appointed Officers section of the NGPD FAQ, which may I point out is in Tails' signature, PowerPrower is your current Unit-Ops. However, his life is like mine... Busy and I'm guessing very sociable.

Tails should be along any day now, it's not like him to leave this place for a long amount of time, and with both Unit-Ops, and him gone, well there's not a 3rd in command set is there? Anyway, just give it a few more days. Tails' will be along soon, it's about that time when people start taking their exams and what not.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-26 05:07:42 Reply

Well, I'm heading to the portal for the first time in a couple of days. Just been busy with various things, mainly college work. Before anybody says, I know i'm not on the roster anymore and therefore nobody here will probably care. Just thought me saying this might inspire some of you to get on there too.

Good luck :).

*Salutes*

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-26 06:24:22 Reply

At 1/26/12 05:07 AM, Decky wrote: Well, I'm heading to the portal for the first time in a couple of days. Just been busy with various things, mainly college work. Before anybody says, I know i'm not on the roster anymore and therefore nobody here will probably care.

Aww.. But I care... D:

Just thought me saying this might inspire some of you to get on there too.

Just went there 5 min. ago...
Theres only 5 UJ though.

Thanks!

*Salutes*

*Salute*
Usually when does Tails go to NG?

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-26 06:58:53 Reply

At 1/26/12 06:24 AM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 1/26/12 05:07 AM, Decky wrote: Well, I'm heading to the portal for the first time in a couple of days. Just been busy with various things, mainly college work. Before anybody says, I know i'm not on the roster anymore and therefore nobody here will probably care.
Aww.. But I care... D:

Thank you 123mine :).

Just thought me saying this might inspire some of you to get on there too.
Just went there 5 min. ago...
Theres only 5 UJ though.

I know right, I've been waiting for more for a good while now. I've only been able to vote on eight flashs so far. Guessing that the portal is just a little slow today.

Thanks!

You're welcome.

*Salutes*
*Salute*

At ease ;).

Usually when does Tails go to NG?

He only really posts in this forum as far as i"m aware so you just have to wait and he'll show up at some point. It's never too long, watch me have jinxed it now.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-26 19:25:55 Reply

Hey guys, I'm back from a rather long break I took recently from newgrounds, and the net in general. What all have I missed?

123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-26 23:36:13 Reply

At 1/26/12 07:25 PM, Sectus wrote: Hey guys, I'm back from a rather long break I took recently from newgrounds, and the net in general. What all have I missed?

I dont really know much but all I know is that ACTA passed and there are 11 days left till the redesign!

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-27 04:28:46 Reply

At 1/26/12 07:25 PM, Sectus wrote: Hey guys, I'm back from a rather long break I took recently from newgrounds, and the net in general. What all have I missed?

To be honest you haven't missed much at all. This place has taken a slightly more "relaxed" amount of posts of resent and thats about it really. Good to see you back though Sectus.

At 1/26/12 11:36 PM, 123mine123 wrote: 11 days left till the redesign!

I wonder what the level icons will look like and if they are going to change anything with the B/P ranks.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-27 17:07:02 Reply

At 1/27/12 04:28 AM, Decky wrote:
To be honest you haven't missed much at all. This place has taken a slightly more "relaxed" amount of posts of resent and thats about it really. Good to see you back though Sectus.

Thanks for the welcome Decky. To honor my return, I think I'll go do some B/Ping for old time's sake.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-30 09:59:25 Reply

Well we are a month into '12. How is everybody doing with there B/P this year? Taking it slow? Getting more done that what you expected? Basically hows it going?

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-30 10:10:40 Reply

At 1/30/12 09:59 AM, Decky wrote: Well we are a month into '12. How is everybody doing with there B/P this year? Taking it slow? Getting more done that what you expected? Basically hows it going?

Well, its doing great for me.
I just got to Police Captain rank! WOOHOO!
Buuut, after 500 points ill have to resign...
D':

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-30 10:14:27 Reply

At 1/30/12 09:59 AM, Decky wrote: Well we are a month into '12.

Shit really? That's going quick already. *Sigh*

How is everybody doing with there B/P this year?

Ehhh, I do it when I can really. Definitely not as much as last year, and I highly doubt I'll make it up to last year as I seem to have "mellowed" out a bit. I enjoy lurking the forums now instead, reading and occasionally posting. I think I've gone off B/P'ing because of the repetitiveness of it. I'm sure I'll pick it up again eventually.

Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-30 10:15:47 Reply

At 1/30/12 10:10 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Well, its doing great for me.

Or if the redesign comes first, you may not have to. I'm thinking along with the levels, the B/P ranks are also going to change. I mean hopefully because then maybe I'll get motivated again. But we'll see soon enough I suppose!

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-01-30 12:07:03 Reply

At 1/30/12 10:14 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 1/30/12 09:59 AM, Decky wrote: Well we are a month into '12.
Shit really? That's going quick already. *Sigh*

I know where you are comig from. The days are getting noticably longer and pretty soon it'll start to get warmer as well. O' I can tell this year is going to feel like a short one.

How is everybody doing with there B/P this year?
Ehhh, I do it when I can really. Definitely not as much as last year, and I highly doubt I'll make it up to last year as I seem to have "mellowed" out a bit. I enjoy lurking the forums now instead, reading and occasionally posting. I think I've gone off B/P'ing because of the repetitiveness of it. I'm sure I'll pick it up again eventually.

Again, I know the feeling. I'm still posting quite regularly but compared to my first year my B/P is a lot less. Tomorrow I have my second NG birthday and my second annual stat report will be posted and there we'll see just how more relaxed about the whole thing I was.

At 1/30/12 10:15 AM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 1/30/12 10:10 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Well, its doing great for me.
Or if the redesign comes first, you may not have to. I'm thinking along with the levels, the B/P ranks are also going to change. I mean hopefully because then maybe I'll get motivated again. But we'll see soon enough I suppose!

^^^ This.

And also when you rank out of here you can always join the EGB. All you need are good posts, at least 2,500 B/P and a bronze whistle. It's basically the same as here but there are more users and the next person up from you on the roster is usually thosands away ;).

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-02-03 17:56:29 Reply

Good news everyone! I've invented a device that allows you to read this in Professor Farnsworth's voice!

In less important news, I just got back from the doctor. I entered a crippled boy, both emotionally and physically, and came out as ONLY emotionally crippled! I can WALK again! Now I can once again use this ability to sit on my ass on a computer at the flash portal WITHOUT a big bulky boot! Hooray!

Hopefully we can get some moar activity in this place, as it was having a really good run. Only time will tell!

Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-02-04 00:10:55 Reply

At 2/3/12 05:56 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: Good news everyone! I've invented a device that allows you to read this in Professor Farnsworth's voice!

In less important news, I just got back from the doctor. I entered a crippled boy, both emotionally and physically, and came out as ONLY emotionally crippled! I can WALK again! Now I can once again use this ability to sit on my ass on a computer at the flash portal WITHOUT a big bulky boot! Hooray!

Hopefully we can get some moar activity in this place, as it was having a really good run. Only time will tell!

Oh, that's wonderful! Lovely to see that you are able to get around okay now! As to the activity, that is something that seems like it would be difficult to do without forcing it on people. I'll try and recommend some of my mates to this place.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-02-04 05:57:33 Reply

At 2/4/12 12:10 AM, Sectus wrote:
At 2/3/12 05:56 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: In less important news, I just got back from the doctor. I entered a crippled boy, both emotionally and physically, and came out as ONLY emotionally crippled! I can WALK again! Now I can once again use this ability to sit on my ass on a computer at the flash portal WITHOUT a big bulky boot! Hooray!

Good to hear that you are better now, although if I'm honest I didn't know you were ill. But hooray all round. I look forward to seeing if you have indeed gotten some decent B/P.

It's been a while since a member of the NGPD has moved on up to the EGB.

I think the problem with the NGPD at the moment is that all of the members are users that only post or B/P once or twice a week. Unlike the NGPD of old, where there were always at least 3 or 4 regulars on the roster.

As to the activity, that is something that seems like it would be difficult to do without forcing it on people. I'll try and recommend some of my mates to this place.

I think it would be a good idea to spread news of the NGPD's existence through word-of-month. Just get out there and let users know of this place and what it stands for. I personally found that being a member here not only got my stats up but also allowed me to become more well know around the site.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 26
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-02-04 11:17:48 Reply

At 2/4/12 05:57 AM, Decky wrote: I think it would be a good idea to spread news of the NGPD's existence through word-of-month. Just get out there and let users know of this place and what it stands for. I personally found that being a member here not only got my stats up but also allowed me to become more well know around the site.

Yes, I miss the good old days, when this group was in it's prime. Now that I've returned, it seems like only a few of the old guys are here, which means I don't remember many people. Of course I remember Tails, and you Decky, but everyone else seems to have drifted away from the group.

I'm sure as the site gains new members, activity will surely increase.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-02-06 09:17:06 Reply

At 2/4/12 11:17 AM, Sectus wrote: I'm sure as the site gains new members, activity will surely increase.

Well the redesign is now less then an hour away so the likelihood of new members will surely increase pretty soon. Well thats the hope anyway, i'd say the best we can do is just to stick around and see what happens. I don't even think Tails is online as much anymore.

BBS Signature