Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-21 15:31:57 Reply

At 4/21/12 02:02 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 4/21/12 12:42 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: That feel when you will never see the naked pics of Tom.
He's probably waiting for April's consent to post them, which he most likely won't get within our lifetimes...

I think that if this is the case then she probably would once everything has gone south for the winter, if you get what I mean. I'm not too sure that many people would want to see that but it sure would be something to say you have seen.

I wonder if at that point he could tie a knot with them.

FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-21 16:29:26 Reply

At 4/21/12 03:31 PM, Decky wrote:
At 4/21/12 02:02 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 4/21/12 12:42 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: That feel when you will never see the naked pics of Tom.
He's probably waiting for April's consent to post them, which he most likely won't get within our lifetimes...
I think that if this is the case then she probably would once everything has gone south for the winter, if you get what I mean. I'm not too sure that many people would want to see that but it sure would be something to say you have seen.

I wonder if at that point he could tie a knot with them.

I think this made me lose any want or wish I had for the pics...
Does this mean they won't be coming for 40 years then?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-21 17:44:35 Reply

Herro old and new folks. Mr Angel checking in for his once in a few months hello. We all doing ok, getting our ranks, reducing the amount of crap here? I hope so.

If youre curious, yes, im happily married, and making a good $120k a year.

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-21 22:59:27 Reply

At 4/21/12 05:44 PM, MrAngel wrote: Herro old and new folks. Mr Angel checking in for his once in a few months hello. We all doing ok, getting our ranks, reducing the amount of crap here? I hope so.

Herro Angel nice to see you. It seems like the new recruit is really coming along well. Anywho how's it hanging?

You rich bastard share the love! Kidding course. How you come by this nice chunk of change anyway?

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-22 10:29:06 Reply

At 4/21/12 04:29 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I think this made me lose any want or wish I had for the pics...

You need to broaden your mind Spret.

Does this mean they won't be coming for 40 years then?

I'll probably still be here as I don't imagine that I'll be getting anything near a life anytime soon.

At 4/21/12 05:44 PM, MrAngel wrote: Herro old and new folks.

Good to see you still around MrAngel. Hope life is treating you well......

I can now see that it certainly is treating you well, that is a lot cash dude. and congrats on getting married.

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-25 16:14:27 Reply

I just saw the obituaries today. I'm guessing that this is some kind of record? That's a LOT of shovelware, though

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-25 17:13:53 Reply

At 4/25/12 04:14 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I just saw the obituaries today. I'm guessing that this is some kind of record? That's a LOT of shovelware, though

Yep, Tom has taken alot of them out. Some of them got uploaded as far back as 2010. He's been doing it for the past couple of days now, personally I'm glad to see it go.

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-25 21:54:46 Reply

2691 blams/deletions so far today. I'm taking this as a sign that the overall portal quality will be going nowhere but up from here on out.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-26 00:50:12 Reply

At 4/25/12 09:54 PM, Spretznaz wrote: 2691 blams/deletions so far today. I'm taking this as a sign that the overall portal quality will be going nowhere but up from here on out.

Beautiful. But I doubt that's a sign of it, but would like it.

What I would really like is a sort of new wave of "back to basics," I guess. Where the portal is active and full of flash that people make to make flash. Some try to win awards, others try to offend. Some try to recruit new artists to flash crews, others try to show off talent. None try to make a buck, all done with heart.

I guess we got that now, but I would like to see it ten-fold.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-26 04:51:12 Reply

At 4/25/12 09:54 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I'm taking this as a sign that the overall portal quality will be going nowhere but up from here on out.

I'm not too sure about that to be honest mate. True we will be losing all those dress-up games that take the user under an hour to simple slightly change it and re-upload it twice a day but we will still be getting those horrible spam flashes that just get through, basically our work is never done. But we stand strong! Let us get back to The Portal and send them to Hell.

Sorry, watched too many movies this week.

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-26 07:58:00 Reply

At 4/26/12 04:51 AM, Decky wrote:
At 4/25/12 09:54 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I'm taking this as a sign that the overall portal quality will be going nowhere but up from here on out.
I'm not too sure about that to be honest mate. True we will be losing all those dress-up games that take the user under an hour to simple slightly change it and re-upload it twice a day but we will still be getting those horrible spam flashes that just get through, basically our work is never done. But we stand strong! Let us get back to The Portal and send them to Hell.

I meant that the portal will be somewhat less painful to go through because of the minimal existence of shovelware now. But, of course, there always has to be at lease one of these a week:

• Ben10 Racing Star
    Ben10 Racing Star by gamesptg

Ben 10 Racing Star

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

That's Ben 10 on a bike. Here's the same thing, but he's on a dragon now.

• Ben10 Dragon Blaze
    Ben10 Dragon Blaze by gamesptg

Fly your dragon

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-26 21:57:34 Reply

Been looking through the obituary and saw 400 flashes dead. Good gravy did Tom just say fuck it to bad flashes and nuked everything?

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-26 23:03:04 Reply

At 4/26/12 09:57 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Been looking through the obituary and saw 400 flashes dead. Good gravy did Tom just say fuck it to bad flashes and nuked everything?

That was just for today. Take a look at yesterday's all time record. He decided to ban shovelware and spent the last few days deleting all of it.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-27 00:03:49 Reply

At 4/26/12 11:03 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 4/26/12 09:57 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Been looking through the obituary and saw 400 flashes dead. Good gravy did Tom just say fuck it to bad flashes and nuked everything?
That was just for today. Take a look at yesterday's all time record. He decided to ban shovelware and spent the last few days deleting all of it.

So in a way, yes. He resorted to plan D, as in DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING (that wasn't considered legitimate anymore).

Massacres like this are rarely seen, even by veteran eyes...

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-27 03:28:35 Reply

At 4/27/12 12:03 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Massacres like this are rarely seen, even by veteran eyes...

The destruction! It's beautiful, so beautiful.

*crys with joy*

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-28 14:30:06 Reply

Oh boy, we got a really nasty one here.

• Pico does America
    Pico does America by Neutered-Llama

pico goes on a tour of america

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Adults Only

Spam, malicious and cp all in one.

On an unrelated note, happy Pico Day!

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-28 14:33:32 Reply

Sorry for the double post but here's another one

• Newgrounds vs Pico
    Newgrounds vs Pico by dagger-happy

pico kills newgrounds

Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Movie
    Popularity
    Rated
    Adults Only

Also, both of them crashed my Flash Player

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-28 20:44:32 Reply

Good work Spretznaz, it looks like both submissions have been taken care of.

Also, it seems as though your Apprenticeship has ended... nearly two weeks ago. In light of this miscalculation on my part, and due to the overall inactivity which we are slowly reversing, I declare Spretznaz qualified for full membership in the NGPD. I can say that I'm honestly impressed with how far you've gotten already, it's certainly nothing to dismiss. I look forward to seeing what you will become as a full-fledged NGPD.
As soon as the whistling system is back up (or whatever system of flagging), we can really dish out some hurt on the abusive scum that encroaches upon our Portal (pardon the slight fanaticism). And I know that you, Spretznaz, have what it takes to serve NG as one of us. Let us congratulate our newest successful recruit!

Welcome to the fold, Sergeant. Keep up the good work!

*Salute*

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 07:58:08 Reply

At 4/28/12 08:44 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I declare Spretznaz qualified for full membership in the NGPD.

Congrats Spretznaz. Keep up the good work mate. I have to agree with what Tails said. As a retired member of the NGPD I have taken a great interest in your activities here and have been greatly impressed. I'm sure you will do some great things here.

*Salute*

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 12:04:29 Reply

At 4/29/12 07:58 AM, Decky wrote:
At 4/28/12 08:44 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I declare Spretznaz qualified for full membership in the NGPD.
Congrats Spretznaz. Keep up the good work mate. I have to agree with what Tails said. As a retired member of the NGPD I have taken a great interest in your activities here and have been greatly impressed. I'm sure you will do some great things here.

*Salute*

I have to second this. I had slight doubts at first, but you've defiantly proved yourself Spretznaz. Looking forward to working with you!

Glad to see this place is slowly perking up! I was getting kind of worried with how slow activity was for the last few months, but I guess it's just the natural cycle of things eh? Anyway, congratulations again Spretznaz for becoming an official member of the NGPD!

Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 12:40:13 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:04 PM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 4/29/12 07:58 AM, Decky wrote:
At 4/28/12 08:44 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I declare Spretznaz qualified for full membership in the NGPD. Welcome to the fold, Sergeant. Keep up the good work!

*Salute*
I have to second this. I had slight doubts at first, but you've defiantly proved yourself Spretznaz. Looking forward to working with you!

Glad to see this place is slowly perking up! I was getting kind of worried with how slow activity was for the last few months, but I guess it's just the natural cycle of things eh? Anyway, congratulations again Spretznaz for becoming an official member of the NGPD!

Sergeant? I didn't even realize I ranked up...As a matter of fact, it looks like I only have 28 points before I rank up again. Anyway, it's awesome that I'm a full member, thanks for all the support.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 13:28:52 Reply

At 4/29/12 12:40 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Sergeant? I didn't even realize I ranked up...As a matter of fact, it looks like I only have 28 points before I rank up again.

Well at this rate you'll be ranking out soon but as I'm sure you are aware there is the EGB to move on to and you can always post here. I think I ranked out about a year ago now and I'm getting on average a lot more B/P per month, I just have more of time for The Portal at the moment.

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 15:42:22 Reply

Just wondering. Is "Dude, you can't clone games like this :/ I know that this is a fan-game, but it's not legal to use assets from some other game without permission." the same thing as "This is stolen?"

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 16:14:59 Reply

At 4/29/12 03:42 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Just wondering. Is "Dude, you can't clone games like this :/ I know that this is a fan-game, but it's not legal to use assets from some other game without permission." the same thing as "This is stolen?"

The only real distinction between the two is that the former explains why it is stolen. If it's whistle points we're talking about, you can try your luck with this one. I prefer to seek out the really obvious ones rather than ones that might have me sitting on the fence.
Then again, if you weren't trying to flag this, heed my advice anyways :3

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 16:15:36 Reply

At 4/29/12 03:42 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Just wondering. Is "Dude, you can't clone games like this :/ I know that this is a fan-game, but it's not legal to use assets from some other game without permission." the same thing as "This is stolen?"

Hmmm that's a touchy area, I'm guessing that game character like Mario are copyrighted and therefore illegal to use but I think that it is ok to publish on Newgrounds, it depends on the game.

Sorry that's basically no help.

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 16:27:56 Reply

At 4/29/12 04:14 PM, TailsPrower wrote: The only real distinction between the two is that the former explains why it is stolen. If it's whistle points we're talking about, you can try your luck with this one. I prefer to seek out the really obvious ones rather than ones that might have me sitting on the fence.
Then again, if you weren't trying to flag this, heed my advice anyways :3

Yeah, I think I'll stay away from the gray areas.

At 4/29/12 04:15 PM, Decky wrote:
Hmmm that's a touchy area, I'm guessing that game character like Mario are copyrighted and therefore illegal to use
but I think that it is ok to publish on Newgrounds, it depends on the game.

It was a Sonic RPG. I think that as long as it has your own artwork and music you can submit it as a parody.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-04-29 16:47:42 Reply

At 4/29/12 04:27 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 4/29/12 04:15 PM, Decky wrote:
Hmmm that's a touchy area, I'm guessing that game character like Mario are copyrighted and therefore illegal to use
but I think that it is ok to publish on Newgrounds, it depends on the game.
It was a Sonic RPG. I think that as long as it has your own artwork and music you can submit it as a parody.

I think that the copyright doesn't count if you are using it for parody as long as you draw it or for criticism. Like I could publish a video including scenes for a movie as long as I also include footage of me reviewing the scene. Strange init.

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-05-03 21:49:00 Reply

This thread has fallen to the very bottom of the page, so I am officially saving it from the wasteland of page 2. This place is more inactive than I thought...

In other news, I finally ranked up to Lieutenant and am still waiting on the new flagging system. They could at least temporarily put in a report abuse button

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Tentakill
Tentakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-05-03 23:47:33 Reply

Alright, I've got 2 (possibly) shovelware accounts for you

Sunrisekingdom
I don't know if he was missed during the last couple weeks, but he's been submitting some pretty crappy games (one under judgment) every day or two, all with mochiads

D-team
Looks like a gamesgrow alt, as it was made on the day of the original account's deletion, plus both of (her) games have the gamesgrow watermark

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2012-05-04 03:42:35 Reply

At 5/3/12 09:49 PM, Spretznaz wrote: This thread has fallen to the very bottom of the page, so I am officially saving it from the wasteland of page 2. This place is more inactive than I thought...

I know what you mean, I was keeping an eye on this thread but didn't want to bump it in case I appeared to be one of those guys, you know. Anyway, I'm sure the activity in this club will pick up once summer comes around and the forums all get more views.

In other news, I finally ranked up to Lieutenant and am still waiting on the new flagging system.

Congrats on your new badge, you really are shooting up the ranks. Keep it up.

They could at least temporarily put in a report abuse button

I know, it seems like they are just wasting time now with this whole flash mods thing. How long does it take to gather the icon and genre mods and simply get the best and make them flash mods. It's been weeks now and as far as I'm aware we are no closer to getting anything near a fully working whistle system back. Tom really does need to hurry up.

At 5/3/12 11:47 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Alright, I've got 2 (possibly) shovelware accounts for you

There is currently talk of shovelware accounts and how to deal with them in the EGB. Feel free to join in.

BBS Signature