New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheRealGamerX
TheRealGamerX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-25 03:59:53 Reply

Wow, Emm, kind sir, thanks for pointing out Portal Guard, now I can keep up to date on the Judgment section without having to be on Newgrounds constantly...not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. Also, I strongly suspect that these entries are stolen, given that the "author" has a history of uploading stolen YouTube videos.

Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the original source, which would've truly sealed the deal on this case, which I suspect means that the "author" is on to us, and therefore changed the titles of his stolen entries so that identifying the original source will be much more difficult. Also, take note of the white borders on the left and right of all of his submissions, which I suspect are characteristic of the video-ripping program he uses. Why would the original creator of these videos have any reason to rip them using such crude means? No reason whatsoever, since the original creator should have the original Flash files and the means to upload them in top quality. He's obviously stolen videos once before, who's to say that he didn't do so again this time? I conclude that Bmaster123 is not the creator of these entries and therefore has stolen them.

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-26 01:59:06 Reply

Get's what's back.

Make what you will.

hint: whistle.

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-26 09:49:07 Reply

At 11/25/11 03:59 AM, TheRealGamerX wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4422
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4424
Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the original source, which would've truly sealed the deal on this case, which I suspect means that the "author" is on to us, and therefore changed the titles of his stolen entries so that identifying the original source will be much more difficult. Also, take note of the white borders on the left and right of all of his submissions, which I suspect are characteristic of the video-ripping program he uses. Why would the original creator of these videos have any reason to rip them using such crude means? No reason whatsoever, since the original creator should have the original Flash files and the means to upload them in top quality. He's obviously stolen videos once before, who's to say that he didn't do so again this time? I conclude that Bmaster123 is not the creator of these entries and therefore has stolen them.

Again I will say, PROOF PROOF PROOF. White lines on the edge of a section are not enough, and can be attributed to anything, most notably a low quality cut of an actual legitimate flash or the author's own personal mistakes with the program. Also, making assumptions about a flash does not create a persuasive whistle report. I don't think you really understood me before; no matter how much you feel that it's stolen, you need hard proof in the form of links. It doesn't matter if the author changed the titles for this website, you need to do your best to find SOMETHING. It doesn't look convincing when a whistle message says"Oh, well, I can't find a link to the actual game, but.. you know, there is this this and this wrong that makes it stolen". If you think about it, you wouldn't really trust a whistle like this one. They get submitted all the time, for flashes that are legitimate or not.

At 11/26/11 01:59 AM, EmmaVolt wrote: Get's what's back.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4492
Make what you will.

hint: whistle.

It's already passed, and I'm not sure I want to watch it. Maybe I'm being picky, but try and tell us exactly WHY we should flag it, instead of what you wrote for us.

Also guys, huge post aside, I'm sort of back. School is letting up for the moment, college applications are done and sent, and I can kick back and relax a little now. So I'll be around. :D

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-26 12:16:04 Reply

At 11/26/11 09:49 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
At 11/26/11 01:59 AM, EmmaVolt wrote: Make what you will.
try and tell us exactly WHY we should flag it, instead of what you wrote for us.

Trust me. If you watched it, you wouldn't need me to explain why it needed to be whistled.

BBS Signature
TheRealGamerX
TheRealGamerX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-26 14:09:58 Reply

At 11/26/11 09:49 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Again I will say, PROOF PROOF PROOF.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1282 400, a poster by the username of 'DiMono' tipped me off with the original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCZsHnHLe Yo

White lines on the edge of a section are not enough, and can be attributed to anything, most notably a low quality cut of an actual legitimate flash or the author's own personal mistakes with the program. Also, making assumptions about a flash does not create a persuasive whistle report. I don't think you really understood me before; no matter how much you feel that it's stolen, you need hard proof in the form of links.

Pray tell, Kaizer, have you even taken one look at Bmaster123's profile? I wouldn't have expected you to, but by simply looking at all of his submissions, it is clear that something is amiss.
I have taken the time to search, or at least attempt to, for the original links and what I've found should come across as fairly solid evidence. Shall I list off all the videos he's stolen, the links to his entries and their original YouTube counterparts? I think it should be an enlightening experience for some of us:

Stolen: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4236 (it displeases me greatly to note that this one is still up.)

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dAT5V3au J4

Stolen: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4422

Stolen: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4424

But of course, evidence has already been obtained for those last two, thanks again to DiMono for tipping me off, nice job sir.

Stolen: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4283 (this one was flagged successfully, huzzah!)

Original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgcyQrJo 2o

It doesn't matter if the author changed the titles for this website, you need to do your best to find SOMETHING. It doesn't look convincing when a whistle message says"Oh, well, I can't find a link to the actual game, but.. you know, there is this this and this wrong that makes it stolen". If you think about it, you wouldn't really trust a whistle like this one. They get submitted all the time, for flashes that are legitimate or not.

Well, like mostly everyone else on Newgrounds, I do not necessarily have all day to be chasing ghosts or rating flash submissions, I'm only one guy you know, and my time here is not without limit, I'm afraid.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-26 21:06:35 Reply

I'm confused as to whether or not you want me to apologize or not, or if you're trying to make me feel bad or ashamed. Honestly, if you HAD the proof, why didn't you post it for us? Why did you only provide your personal claims instead of the evidence you just gave us? I was taught by Tails and others that for every whistle on a potentially stolen flash, there needs to be a subsequent link (as well as any other essential author information) to prove it.

Now, contrary to your assumptions, I did take a look at Bmaster123's profile. I watched all 3 uploads, and yes, I would have to say the videos do not look like his own creations. I did a little searching, and while I couldn't find the originals, I found he had posted links to the uploads on multiple other sites under the same "Bmaster123". Granted, I did not find any proof, but at the point I would have left it up to the other members of the NGPD to see if they could find any other info. I would have posted what I found, and seen if anyone could help, instead of going with a gut feeling that would likely be ignored as a whistle.

I don't know, maybe I'm completely wrong, but it still seems to me like you don't fully understand how things work here. Or perhaps I don't. Either way, if you had the proof to begin with, you should have posted it instead of your assumptions about the uploads.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-27 11:59:46 Reply

Another stolen Flash, and this one has ample proof as it already exists under a nearly identical name on the website.

• duck life
    duck life by SirRourke

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Everyone

My suspicion was set off by his lack of capitalisation in the name of his submission, a quick NG check yielded results.

Stolen from: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/52 9535

Pretty funny that the flash thief asks for others not to take the game when he's stolen it himself. By the way, although I would definitely say that Shiezenhammer is correct in that reporting Flashes as stolen is against the rules of the department considering they cannot be whistled purely because you are suspicious, getting others helping you out looking for evidence of what you believe to be a stolen submission isn't a bad thing at all, a problem shared is a problem halved and all of that. I'm not sure what the guidelines inside the club are on doing so, or if any exist, but hopefully Tails can clear it up. If it is to be not allowed, then I'd suggest simply taking it up with other members personally, considering some members opposition in the Wi/Ht? thread you created simultaneously.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-27 19:56:38 Reply

At 11/26/11 09:06 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: I'm confused as to whether or not you want me to apologize or not, or if you're trying to make me feel bad or ashamed. Honestly, if you HAD the proof, why didn't you post it for us? Why did you only provide your personal claims instead of the evidence you just gave us? I was taught by Tails and others that for every whistle on a potentially stolen flash, there needs to be a subsequent link (as well as any other essential author information) to prove it.

Now, contrary to your assumptions, I did take a look at Bmaster123's profile. I watched all 3 uploads, and yes, I would have to say the videos do not look like his own creations. I did a little searching, and while I couldn't find the originals, I found he had posted links to the uploads on multiple other sites under the same "Bmaster123". Granted, I did not find any proof, but at the point I would have left it up to the other members of the NGPD to see if they could find any other info. I would have posted what I found, and seen if anyone could help, instead of going with a gut feeling that would likely be ignored as a whistle.

I don't know, maybe I'm completely wrong, but it still seems to me like you don't fully understand how things work here. Or perhaps I don't. Either way, if you had the proof to begin with, you should have posted it instead of your assumptions about the uploads.

Just to bring the final word on this situation, I'll have to be the lame fence sitter on this one. X, I understand that at the time you did not know where to find the originals but still wanted to alert us of highly suspicious submissions. That's fine as long as you acknowledged that you need help obtaining proof that they are abusive. Thus presumed innocent until proven otherwise. That's the fact of the matter around here - if no proof can be presented by you or anyone else, don't expect people around here or the Barracks to touch it.
And it goes without saying, if you end up with the links to the originals after alerting us of suspicious submissions, then by all means make a separate post so that we have something to work with. As you can probably tell by now, we are especially anal about this matter because I'd rather have a hundred abusive submissions pass judgment than falsely flagging even a single innocent submission.

TL;DR: It's okay to alert us of suspicious submissions if you don't have proof because at least some of us are bound to try looking further into it. However, we make no assumptions here. Grainy quality and poorly proportioned borders don't count as proof. If you later find links to the originals, post them up here ASAP.

I think that's about it.

Anyways, onto other matters, some of you may be wondering why I haven't prepared a roster for this week. Truth be told, I took a look at the numbers and simply decided that it was not worth the effort. It was that bad. I'll be picking my lazy ass off from the couch to do my part since I'm back home from college for a while - hopefully others will follow suit as well.

Happy 6k post :3

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-28 01:45:55 Reply

At 11/27/11 07:56 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Anyways, onto other matters, some of you may be wondering why I haven't prepared a roster for this week. Truth be told, I took a look at the numbers and simply decided that it was not worth the effort. It was that bad.

Woah, that's not good at all. Even I got roughly 40 per day the past half week. Hopefully as christmas draws closer less people will have to worry about school and instead spend their time neglecting family and friends in order to spend their holiday season keeping Newgrounds going. :3 I have a feeling that with a little bit of time to their hands the rates can begin to speed up somewhat.

Happy 6k post :3

Happy six-kay posts! :D

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-29 15:50:45 Reply

I know that you may have said quite a while ago that I may not retry an entry to the club, but could I please have another shot?
Saying that I have been away for the most part for a short while but I'm back now.

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-29 18:04:14 Reply

At 11/29/11 03:50 PM, Confucianism wrote: I know that you may have said quite a while ago that I may not retry an entry to the club, but could I please have another shot?
Saying that I have been away for the most part for a short while but I'm back now.

My personal opinion on the post quality is on the borderline, leaning a bit over towards the no side. The volume of individual posts only in a few cases exceeds two or so lines, however you have about three on the first page alone which look like those of a promising user. As I look back past the very recent things take a turn for the worse, although that could be seen as positive.

What I can definitely see is improvement, which seems to have coincided with you deciding to slow down with your posts per day - the word coincided being used loosely in this case as I do not believe it's a coincidence at all - posting only when you have something to say leads to both your volume and quality improving at the cost of quantity. Your posts on the thread 'Attention all new users!' page two make you out to have a bit of an ego regarding yourself on the BBS, although that's just the impression I got from one thread, perhaps it's not true.

Personally I'm pretty much unsure, especially considering before today I have not seen you before. My personal decision would have to be a no, however Tails tends to be a tad more lenient than me - which worked out positively for me, considering most of the things I've said about you could be said for myself when I first applied a while ago. I can see you becoming a great user, however I don't think you're quite there yet. Whether you improve as a member of the club or not is dependent on the decisions of the higher-ups, the two Prowers.

Good luck. :3

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-29 18:25:07 Reply

At 11/29/11 03:50 PM, Confucianism wrote: I know that you may have said quite a while ago that I may not retry an entry to the club, but could I please have another shot?

A PM has been sent about and the matter has been settled.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-29 23:00:42 Reply

At 11/29/11 06:25 PM, TailsPrower wrote: A PM has been sent about and the matter has been settled.

Apologies, I wasn't sure that there was some kind of backstory, I thought he was reapplying after having been rejected for membership in the past as I did not see him on the dishonourably discharged list, as seems to be the case.

Also, in a nostalgia-fit induced by the once our very own glorious Lizzardis posting on my userpage, I just read about sixty pages, ranging from 190-250 checking up (including seeing the roster in which he ranked out, felt rather emotional :3), but amongst the memories good and bad I realised that sharing one of the rosters with you might be pretty shocking - here you go. You can see one member (Krev, of course), making gains of 63 per day, in addition to four of the top five having B/P for the week above 100, and three over 200. It's incredible to see how high the stats made once were. Hopefully with the Christmas holidays approaching some activity will return to the force, and with it some of the more impressive top gainers lists - and, of course, more members, just to sustain the manpower of the force.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-30 21:19:20 Reply

Hey everyone, today's a very special day for the NGPD. Six years ago on this day, MrCrawford brought upon the BBS the old thread of the NGPD, which has since then grown into this wonderful crew we are a part of today. Looking back all those years we've really come a long way from those humble beginnings. We've overcome countless obstacles and setbacks with a spirit of perseverance that has saw us through even our darkest hours. It's actually quite nostalgic remembering all the people that have come and gone along the way - most vanishing into obscurity while select few still remain. I feel proud and privileged to carry on the legacy of something so enduring and with so much history, and I hope all of you do too.

So cheers! Happy birthday NGPD! We wuv youuuu!

One moar thing: if the NGPD was a person, it would be starting Kindergarten right around now XD

d'awwwwwww

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-11-30 22:55:08 Reply

At 11/30/11 09:19 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Hey everyone, today's a very special day for the NGPD. Six years ago on this day, MrCrawford brought upon the BBS the old thread of the NGPD, which has since then grown into this wonderful crew we are a part of today. Looking back all those years we've really come a long way from those humble beginnings. We've overcome countless obstacles and setbacks with a spirit of perseverance that has saw us through even our darkest hours. It's actually quite nostalgic remembering all the people that have come and gone along the way - most vanishing into obscurity while select few still remain. I feel proud and privileged to carry on the legacy of something so enduring and with so much history, and I hope all of you do too.

One moar thing: if the NGPD was a person, it would be starting Kindergarten right around now XD

d'awwwwwww

Get the camera, we need to take the little tyke's picture with the bus driver, the bus is coming!

In all seriousness, happy freakin' birthday, NGPD. I've been around for about 2 years, give or take some, and I can't imagine being away (again :P). Back before I joined, i was basically an audio forum-ite, and i didn't stray very far at all. Since the NGPD, I've expanded my posting habits, made some really good friends.. I wouldn't change it for anything. :)

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-01 11:33:19 Reply

Today's been a particularly hard day in the portal, I've had eleven or twelve blams turned down thus far only after starting a few hours ago, in contrast to having 15 saves, and according to the obituaries thus far there still has been only one blam at all - and that was before I got on. Hopefully things'll begin to pick up from now on.

At 11/30/11 09:19 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Hey everyone, today's a very special day for the NGPD.

Oh my. c: Quite the aged group we have become. :3 Although just two members (as far as I know) was a member since so near the very beginning, both Prowers. :3 It's amazing to see how far we have come, through obstacles - just in the limited time I have been here I've witnessed an attempted coup, a complete lockdown of the thread and each time we have managed to pull through and come out at the end as a strong and closely-knit group.

Happy birthday! :D So much wuv for you, and every member. :3

It would be the most incredibly adorable little babby man ever. :'3

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-01 16:39:55 Reply

At 11/29/11 11:00 PM, EmmDubya wrote: Also, in a nostalgia-fit induced by the once our very own glorious Lizzardis posting on my userpage, I just read about sixty pages, ranging from 190-250 checking up (including seeing the roster in which he ranked out, felt rather emotional :3), but amongst the memories good and bad I realised that sharing one of the rosters with you might be pretty shocking - here you go. You can see one member (Krev, of course), making gains of 63 per day, in addition to four of the top five having B/P for the week above 100, and three over 200.

Wow. Back when I did the rosters, and I was active and the fact that I as a part of NG. That certainly does give me a deep nostalgic feeling in my bones. This place was a big part of me a couple of years ago, now it's just fizzled out. I hardly come on here anymore, yet I have been keeping an eye on this club. Just to be sure.

I have to say, as much as I miss the NGPD, the roster making, while yes it was a pain in the arse some of the time, what I miss most is those who I was close to. You Tails, Mike, Cobra, Porkchop and... Krev. There are others, but these were like my small little internet brothers and sisters. Sound sad? Well yes, it was at the time, but these guys helped me with a lot when I was here, and it upsets me that I don't have that anymore. It was inevitable that we were all going to go seperate ways, nobody is here forever... It just saddens me when I think back.

At 11/30/11 09:19 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I feel proud and privileged to carry on the legacy of something so enduring and with so much history, and I hope all of you do too.

I feel proud that I got the chance when I did, to be a part of such a group of people that changed me, the way I talk and type, the way I see things.

Happy birthday to he NGPD. I think this deserves a toast.

To the NGPD, may it keep fighting for what is right and being defensive against that which is wrong. May it stay strong and to continue to teach it's members their way around the portal, and NG itself.

And another one.

To Tails. For being there for each and every one of us if we are in a time of need. While some users have done wrong, you've always been the most sternest, yet most understanding one out of us all. If there is a problem, you will sort it, if not, you'll make sure you'll find out how. You look after these users with care and respect, and because of that, you get the upmost back.

To the leader, and Ex-Leaders of the NGPD. Making it what it is today.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-03 06:49:51 Reply

Well this place is moving slowly at the moment isn't it :/.

Hello NGPD lot. Just tgiving you all an update from a past member who hasn't been here that often. Well I'm still getting those blams and saves, still posting around and still submitting the odd artwork/flash animation. Although it has to be said that this year they have been few and far between.

Have still got no permanent source of Internet I'm still unable to get on here everyday like I would wish because of this my general stat whoring has been effected. But soon I should be going to university to study media :). Brecause of this I should have all the Internet that I want. The people online well take it for granted.

Well thats about it for me at the moment. Not much more I could say. Keep up the good work members of the NGPD and I hope you're all doing well.

*Salutes*

FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-10 12:02:34 Reply

One more week boys! One more week and we SHOULD* be back to our old selves!

In other news, apparently the bone graph in my leg isn't quit healing the way it should. I don't need surgery for it yet, but lets hope to god I don't need it EVER. All of this reminds me of our old friend Calintz. Does anybody know how the poor guys surgery went?

Well anyway, we better start seeing some moar activity! I'd rather not see this place die forever right before Christmas.

*Translators note: SHOULD means FUCKING WILL.
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-10 12:56:15 Reply

At 12/3/11 06:49 AM, Decky wrote: Well this place is moving slowly at the moment isn't it :/

Indeed it is. It feels bad seeing this place, where I spent countless hours of countless days checking in on, nearly dead in the water.

*Salutes*

*salutes*

Oh, and Decky, by the way, I'm right on your tail as far as B/P go - only about 160 or so between us now. Just thought I'd let you know that at my current pace I'm about five days away. ;D

At 12/10/11 12:02 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: One more week boys! One more week and we SHOULD* be back to our old selves!

I should think so! :D

Well anyway, we better start seeing some moar activity! I'd rather not see this place die forever right before Christmas.

Even if the activity doesn't pick up anytime too soon I don't think we run much a risk of dying forever - although perhaps my confidence is clouded by my love for this place. We've gotten through tougher times in the past, the main example being when this thread was in complete lockdown for months and the club continued to operate solely on our personal forums through that entire time. The BBS' popularity seems to be declining, especially in the number of people visiting C&C and such, however we've been through tougher times and survived, and now we had better survive through these times lest we go the way of the NGDoD.

*Translators note: SHOULD means FUCKING WILL.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-11 23:24:59 Reply

NGPD Roster as of Dec 11, 2011:

Howdy y'all, I know it's been a while since I last made a roster and honestly I will be upfront and truthful to you - I just don't like doing it. But alas, I have a job to do around here and to that I've been doing a pretty shitty job keeping this place up. Hopefully most of you are back from school and all that nasty stuff and can give this oldfag a hand kicking this crew back into shape.

In anycase, I present to you the rosters. Nothing really spectacular around here, somehow I made it on the list again. At least I hope you all are enjoying the holidays and finding some time to relax and chill with good folks!

Cheers!

Milestones::
No milestones made this week.

Promotions::
No promotions this week.

Entering The List::
No new members this month.

Leaving the NGPD::
No members retired this week.

The List:
No. B/P / Gain / Average / Change / Username

01) 02,323 | 0,026 | 04.33 | +004.00 | Narcissy Police Captain
02) 02,257 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Jonny Police Captain
03) 02,234 | 0,004 | 00.00 | +000.00 | TailsPrower Police Captain
04) 02,226 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Spartan204 Police Captain
05) 02,109 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Gamewiz Police Captain
06) 02,059 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | ilikeblamingcrap Police Captain
07) 02,056 | 0,001 | 00.17 | +000.00 | Rooster Police Captain
08) 01,772 | 0,001 | 00.17 | -080.00 | joeyjoah Police Lieutenant
09) 01,753 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Kaizerwolf Police Lieutenant
10) 01,706 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | PowerPrower Police Lieutenant
11) 01,601 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Sectus Police Lieutenant
12) 01,084 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Calintz Police Sergeant
13) 00,885 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | zachdamacman Police Officer
14) 00,874 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | ToiletPaper Police Officer

Top 5 Gainers::
Narcissy - 26
TailsPrower - 4
Rooster - 1
joeyjoah - 1
ToiletPaper - 0

Top gainers, repeat appearances::
Narcissy (15)
ToiletPaper (3)
joeyjoah (2)

Total gain for week: 32

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-12 05:06:58 Reply

At 12/11/11 11:24 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Top 5 Gainers::
Narcissy - 26
TailsPrower - 4
Rooster - 1
joeyjoah - 1
ToiletPaper - 0

Seriously one of the top gainers didn't even get any B/P. This place is really slowing down it has to be said. Has ToiletPaper even been active for a while?

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-12 14:07:25 Reply

At 12/11/11 11:24 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Howdy y'all, I know it's been a while since I last made a roster and honestly I will be upfront and truthful to you - I just don't like doing it.

Ah, the roster isn't the most glamorous of jobs - it's tedious at best. I honestly think that if you don't like doing it, especially at the current rates of activity it wouldn't harm to do it fortnightly or monthly. You'll be able to give yourself a break during a time where there is very little B/Ping going on anyway, meaning minimal losses. I think that the club would be a lot different without the roster in order to promote competition between members, however looking at the top gainers that competition isn't happening right now so temporarily halting it if in a few weeks activity stays about the same might be necessary.

But alas, I have a job to do around here and to that I've been doing a pretty shitty job keeping this place up.

I wouldn't say that at all - you've been doing the same great job of keeping everybody in order as usual, however there are just very few people here to listen right now considering the general emptiness.

Hopefully most of you are back from school and all that nasty stuff and can give this oldfag a hand kicking this crew back into shape.

Despite no longer being a member of the force, I will do all that I can in order to promote the force and hopefully prove that there is life still in the old beast. Perhaps we may have to resort to active recruitment in order to bolster our numbers and add some of the better BBS users in the police ranks to our force. The barracks were considering trying it out a while ago and I believe they never tried it properly, it seems that we are in more need of it at the moment. It's not something that I'd like to see us resorting to, but perhaps we'll be able to attract a bit more attention towards the club and give the boost we need to get back into gear. Just something to consider for sometime in the new year.

Cheers!

Cheers, and thanks for continuing to create the rosters.

Leaving the NGPD::
No members retired this week.

Well, at least our numbers haven't shrunk!

Top 5 Gainers::
ToiletPaper - 0

I lol'd.

Total gain for week: 32

That's a relatively easily obtainable daily single person's gain. Oh lawdy lawdy. D:

BBS Signature
mikbobgames
mikbobgames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-12 14:22:36 Reply

At 11/14/11 06:52 PM, TheRealGamerX wrote: In any case, I have sent an email to Wade explaining the situation, and have issued my sincere apologies to both Wade and mikbobgames for this enormous misunderstanding. Hopefully, this incident will sort itself out, we will see a fully-functional version of mikbobgames' game out in the portal, and in a week, maybe two weeks time, this whole thing will just be a memory to sit around the campfire and chuckle about.

Sorry about that! Going to reupload it soon once I de-sitelock it.
Am I really getting that much attention? First time...

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-12 14:25:44 Reply

At 12/12/11 02:07 PM, EmmDubya wrote:
At 12/11/11 11:24 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Hopefully most of you are back from school and all that nasty stuff and can give this oldfag a hand kicking this crew back into shape.
Despite no longer being a member of the force, I will do all that I can in order to promote the force and hopefully prove that there is life still in the old beast.

I'm also willing to do all that I can to get this club back to it former glory. As a fellow ex-member it is sad to see this club down in activity.

Perhaps we may have to resort to active recruitment in order to bolster our numbers and add some of the better BBS users in the police ranks to our force.

I like this idea I think it could work to get use even a few more members. Any ideas on who we could try?

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-12 15:45:18 Reply

At 12/12/11 02:25 PM, Decky wrote: I like this idea I think it could work to get use even a few more members. Any ideas on who we could try?

I'm not particularly sure right now as I'm not too sure about most posters' rank, however I could spend a few hours on one day scouring the forums for people whom make posts that are (preferably significantly) above passable and send out a batch PM to all that I find have a B/P rank that is within the PD's range to see if they'd consider joining our ranks. Considering it's so quiet here it may be more difficult than usual as many people don't want to join an empty club, making a bit of a vicious circle.

Of course, this is just a rough idea and that's probably not the best way to approach it. That is, if we end up doing this anyway. I may set up a vote on the private forums, however I doubt that many people would end up seeing it. If I see in the thread that the majority of people (including Tails) are in favour then I think it'd be worth giving it a try, even if not too successful, even if the thought of artificially attempting to inject activity isn't too pleasing on the surface.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-14 13:47:07 Reply

Let's discuss this in the PF, I'm open to this idea and will listen to what others have to say about it.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
BobEHarvard
BobEHarvard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-14 14:44:46 Reply

I don't have 50 posts. But I've only been on Newgrounds for 3 weeks and I have been very active. I have been using this site since 2004 though. So I know my way around. Police Officer Harvard reporting for duty.

Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-14 14:52:32 Reply

At 12/14/11 02:44 PM, BobEHarvard wrote: I don't have 50 posts. But I've only been on Newgrounds for 3 weeks and I have been very active. I have been using this site since 2004 though. So I know my way around. Police Officer Harvard reporting for duty.

You don't have the amount of posts to get into here as you know and alot your posts although there are only six of them at the moment are a little short, well only one liners. Your B/P is good but you need to work on your posts.
This is not an official no, that has to come from Tails but this is what he will more then likely say.

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-12-14 17:21:26 Reply

At 12/14/11 01:47 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Let's discuss this in the PF, I'm open to this idea and will listen to what others have to say about it.

I've taken it over to there, hopefully we'll have a bit more discussion about the matter over there. That is if anybody end up posting there. The thread is here.

At 12/14/11 02:44 PM, BobEHarvard wrote: I don't have 50 posts. But I've only been on Newgrounds for 3 weeks and I have been very active. I have been using this site since 2004 though. So I know my way around. Police Officer Harvard reporting for duty.

Although you seem relatively active, I'm going to have to agree with Decky and suggest a no. I believe that perhaps after a bit of time you'll fit the force a bit better, but it looks like you've only been posting for two days and they're primarily of a pretty low quality, as if you're posting simply in order to boost your postcount. I'd suggest you slow down a bit, put a bit more of time into making your posts contribute more to the conversation at hand and such to prove that you're likely to hang about a lot more. Also, in addition, you still lack the basic minimum postcount, which is mainly required in order to prove that previous point, that you won't just disappear a few days after having joined only to not ever return. Again, it's Tails' decision, but I'll personally have to suggest no, even with our current membership crisis.

In other news, as I mentioned in the EGB, today is my birthday. It's only the fifteenth, a bit of a nothingy year, however it feels strange considering the past year, despite having been very busy, seemed to pass by extremely quickly. Onto the next year we go, and hopefully this one will be as interesting as the last.

BBS Signature