Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

  • 701,726 Views
  • 18,521 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-09 01:00:08 Reply

At 2/8/11 11:37 PM, LittleWashu wrote: I followed your link and I noticed you made one big mistake. You made an abusive review on the submission saying that it was stolen. Never and I repeat NEVER leave an abusive review saying that anything was stolen even if it is. It doesn't help any as the whistle point hungry masses will flag the review. Also if the review mods see that review before the submission is deleted you can and most likely will get review banned. Instead E-mail wade or tom about the submission so that it is brought to their attention, and they can deleted the stolen flash.

Oh boy LittleWashu you scared the crap out of me there for a second there I was thinking I accidentaly made a huge mistake, but no I never left an abusive review the user who made this review is Mikei14975 he has a similar username as I do so I can easily understand the mix up (I would never leave a review that could influence users to unfairly blam a submission). Anyway no worries I sent an pm to Wade to check things out hopefully things will resolve themselves either way.

LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Member since: May. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-09 01:37:52 Reply

At 2/9/11 01:00 AM, BigMike47 wrote:
At 2/8/11 11:37 PM, LittleWashu wrote: I followed your link and I noticed you made one big mistake. You made an abusive review on the submission saying that it was stolen. Never and I repeat NEVER leave an abusive review saying that anything was stolen even if it is. It doesn't help any as the whistle point hungry masses will flag the review. Also if the review mods see that review before the submission is deleted you can and most likely will get review banned. Instead E-mail wade or tom about the submission so that it is brought to their attention, and they can deleted the stolen flash.
Oh boy LittleWashu you scared the crap out of me there for a second there I was thinking I accidentaly made a huge mistake, but no I never left an abusive review the user who made this review is Mikei14975 he has a similar username as I do so I can easily understand the mix up (I would never leave a review that could influence users to unfairly blam a submission). Anyway no worries I sent an pm to Wade to check things out hopefully things will resolve themselves either way.

After I finished posting my last post I realized that I made a mistake as well. I am glad that I was wrong on that account as I know Tailsprower and the others leaders of this club are strictly against leaving abusive reviews . I also sent an E-mail to wade about that submission as well hopefully that user get his just desserts as his other submission is stolen as well.

However to anyone else who is hoping to join this club remember don't say a flash is stolen even if it is and you have proof. If I see the review I will flag it as abusive and I won't feel bad about it. Lastly one again I know I said I was sorry one but I will say it again sorry BigMike47 continue doing the right thing.

Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-09 01:49:42 Reply

At 2/9/11 01:37 AM, LittleWashu wrote:
However to anyone else who is hoping to join this club remember don't say a flash is stolen even if it is and you have proof. If I see the review I will flag it as abusive and I won't feel bad about it. Lastly one again I know I said I was sorry one but I will say it again sorry BigMike47 continue doing the right thing.

Thanks LittleWashu and no worries lol it was an easy mix up, see you around.

MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-09 03:30:17 Reply

At 2/8/11 09:44 PM, Gamewiz wrote: >.> I was just about to come in to get an opinion for if it was excessively pornographic, as it shows penetration. Regardless, good job finding this man, you've really got a knack for this eh?

Penetration used to be specifically mentioned as grounds for flagging a flash. I have no clue why they took that part out, it would get those flashes off the site alot quicker. I'm pretty sure quite a few people don't know how to handle that judgement call. I search for any reason to flag flashes if i cannot find matching author information for a flash submitted on at least one other site, or if i can't find a reasonable sign up date for the user ( example is a user submitting a flash that is on multiple game sites that signs up on NG the day they post flash, often times 2 or more high quality works). The unsuitable or illegal content part i just flag, same with the malicious coding issue


BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-09 12:19:09 Reply

I'm pretty sure that animated sex that includes penetration is not abusive, whereas a porn video of actual people is unsuitable material for the Portal. That's the main distinction here, in any case. Plus, the rating is somewhat appropriate - I would've given it a "Mature" rating rather than "Adult" but that's just my two cents.

As for being stolen, I'm not so easily convinced since the NG'ers profile is rather substantial compared to the obvious accounts that were made within days of submitting stolen flashes. Maybe you should PM the submitter about it and see what he has to say. After all, it is the submitter's responsibility to let the audience know that the flash exists on other sites and that they are the author of those works as well to avoid being falsely flagged.

Otherwise, you can go straight to PM'ing Tom or Wade about the stolen submission being passed.

Your call.

if you'd like more guidance on dealing with these situations, PM me and I'll help ya out.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-09 17:40:00 Reply

Well, its been a while since I posted here. Sorry about that.

Not really much to report. My collab and lots of college work is keeping me busy at the moment. I'm still trying to get online at least twice a week but there isn't much more I can do.

I'm still pushing on getting my private badge, only about 75 B/P to go :).


FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-09 21:46:19 Reply

At 2/9/11 12:19 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I'm pretty sure that animated sex that includes penetration is not abusive, whereas a porn video of actual people is unsuitable material for the Portal. That's the main distinction here, in any case.

Well it said penetration, didn't mention any exceptions, if I'm wrong, my bad. The rating matching the content doesn't matter if the content is against is against the rules of NG. As for the profile issue, i've yet to find one user who owns up to stealing a flash. The kitty crew had stolen some flahses, and just put their pening animation on them. I PMed a few of the members, the one/s involved in posting the stolen flash/es, and the higher ups in the kitty crew. Not a single one gave me a helpful response, they all just cussed me out and told me to mind my own business before i got hacked.


BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 13:36:52 Reply

At 2/9/11 09:46 PM, MrAngel wrote: Well it said penetration, didn't mention any exceptions, if I'm wrong, my bad.

If that were true then NG wouldn't have a hentai section. The admins don't seem to mind as much as long as it's not depicting real people.

I PMed a few of the members, the one/s involved in posting the stolen flash/es, and the higher ups in the kitty crew. Not a single one gave me a helpful response, they all just cussed me out and told me to mind my own business before i got hacked.

That's the KK for ya. Funny thing is, I haven't heard much talk of them in a long time, they've probably withered away by now. The case here is that the user seemed to be operating independently and did not establish any connection to the source of the originals whatsoever.

The way I go about it is that if the submitter fails to prove that he/she is the author of the works hosted on other sites, then that's reason enough to whistle it. Like I said before, it's the submitter's responsibility to let us know that the flash is hosted elsewhere to avoid confusion.


Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 15:04:13 Reply

Just out of curiosity, has the NGPD ever submitted a flash or game to the portal. Only reason I'm asking is because it seems like a good idea if you were interested in recruiting new members to the force, as I believe the Comissioner (Tails) was saying that it had been a slow time for recruiting new members. Besides that it would also be really cool if the NGPD had never done a flash and than suddenly created something awesome lol. Something like that could definatily circulate interest, anyway here's hoping the NGPD has an awesome run in 2011 good luck guys *salutes*

LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Member since: May. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 58
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 15:38:17 Reply

At 2/10/11 01:36 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 2/9/11 09:46 PM, MrAngel wrote:
I PMed a few of the members, the one/s involved in posting the stolen flash/es, and the higher ups in the kitty crew. Not a single one gave me a helpful response, they all just cussed me out and told me to mind my own business before i got hacked.
That's the KK for ya. Funny thing is, I haven't heard much talk of them in a long time, they've probably withered away by now. The case here is that the user seemed to be operating independently and did not establish any connection to the source of the originals whatsoever.

Oh they are still out there I know this for a fact. It is just that the Admins have put a stop to their TOTW Stealing ways. Whenever one of their flash movies pass and it gets close to the award time the Admins delete them so it can be like it was back in the old days where some unfortunate soul would get it. As a result of this there hasn't been much talk about them.

34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 15:55:21 Reply

At 2/10/11 03:04 PM, BigMike47 wrote: Just out of curiosity, has the NGPD ever submitted a flash or game to the portal. Only reason I'm asking is because it seems like a good idea if you were interested in recruiting new members to the force, as I believe the Comissioner (Tails) was saying that it had been a slow time for recruiting new members. Besides that it would also be really cool if the NGPD had never done a flash and than suddenly created something awesome lol. Something like that could definatily circulate interest, anyway here's hoping the NGPD has an awesome run in 2011 good luck guys *salutes*

Well then I guess your a new recruit since everyone says it on the page. And I see you have a really good skill on finding stolen flashes. I am rusty on that department but abusive reviews is my game haha. And nope there has been no flash of the NGPD has of yet. Which is sad because some seriously good flashes can be made with a little imagination. In any case Mike welcome to the NGPD if you your already in..Wonder if anyone remembers me >.>


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 16:02:14 Reply

At 2/10/11 03:55 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Wonder if anyone remembers me >.>

I remember you Deadman. I'm still about of are generation of NGPD members. Still lurkin, B/Pin' and postin' you know, the norm.


FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Facebook Page /// Latest Art Piece
- - NG Photoshop Master 2015 - -

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 17:12:08 Reply

At 2/10/11 01:36 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 2/9/11 09:46 PM, MrAngel wrote: Well it said penetration, didn't mention any exceptions, if I'm wrong, my bad.
If that were true then NG wouldn't have a hentai section. The admins don't seem to mind as much as long as it's not depicting real people.

Well I had no clue about that, since i don't do porn of any kind. I have a girl, and she's all i ever need.

I made an account on the Kitty Crew forums a while ago, i forgot the user name, but the account was only to spy on them to warn people about an incoming spam flood or stolen flash.


BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 18:15:20 Reply

At 2/10/11 03:04 PM, BigMike47 wrote: blah blah NGPD flash

I am actually organizing one. Nothing has really happened yet because we STILL need an animator. And something really saddening me is that Tails doesn't seem to think it's going to happen as they have tried to do so, and failed, in the past. I'm trying to proove him wrong, but school is preventing that...

I won't be giving up Tails. NEVAR.
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 18:35:56 Reply

You guys have fun with that whole flash thing, I've grown too bitter and sour after numerous failures to really pursue such lofty things. An NGPD animation? HAH! That'll be the day!

haters gonna hate

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
MrAngel
MrAngel
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 18:49:08 Reply

At 2/10/11 06:35 PM, TailsPrower wrote: You guys have fun with that whole flash thing, I've grown too bitter and sour after numerous failures to really pursue such lofty things. An NGPD animation? HAH! That'll be the day!

haters gonna hate

I can do the graphic effects. All i need is a couple sketch artists, and an animator or two, and we have ourselves a flash. I sent the pictures to you for a reason Tails. I wanted to know if you like my work with effects. I'm watching tutorial after tutorial about how make things in Photoshop CS5.

I have to agree the project would be a very nice way to advertise what the NGPD is really for. It would clear up a lot of the confusion that new recruits have.


BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 21:49:22 Reply

At 2/10/11 06:49 PM, MrAngel wrote: AWESOME THINGS

MrAngel you have no clue how happy I am to see you say that. If you so want to help, welcome aboard.

Also Tails, I will be chasing you with this forever. I plan on having as many people portray themselves as possible.

Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-10 22:09:44 Reply

At 2/10/11 06:49 PM, MrAngel wrote:
Also Tails, I will be chasing you with this forever. I plan on having as many people portray themselves as possible.

Haha awesome sounds like your determined ILBC, if you ever need voice work done or anything like that I could help out. I also may be trying my hand at flash towards the summer when things cool down for me with my college schedule, but yeah I'd be happy to help in anyway I could.

CreateAndDestroy
CreateAndDestroy
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-11 12:53:51 Reply

Looking for someone trustworthy to deposit my exp for me as I will be to the hospital for surgery & no wifi there.

PM me, Thank you.

ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-11 14:29:02 Reply

At 2/11/11 12:53 PM, Calintz wrote: Looking for someone trustworthy to deposit my exp for me as I will be to the hospital for surgery & no wifi there.

PM me, Thank you.

Holy shit what happened?

CreateAndDestroy
CreateAndDestroy
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-11 15:08:29 Reply

At 2/11/11 02:29 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote:
At 2/11/11 12:53 PM, Calintz wrote: Looking for someone trustworthy to deposit my exp for me as I will be to the hospital for surgery & no wifi there.

PM me, Thank you.
Holy shit what happened?

I have had many health related issues. I have what doctors call "Auto-Immune Hep". It's not A,B, or C. It's just my immune system is "killing off my liver". My immune system thinks that my liver is "bad" and wants it dead. I take drugs for this but they cause many crazy side-effects.

I am also very easily able to contact other problems... which I have (it's a little more personal) but I hope I'll be okay & make a full recovery. I just don't think I will be around much. (Half the reason I took such a long break the first time around).

:)

34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-11 16:29:09 Reply

At 2/10/11 04:02 PM, Decky wrote:
At 2/10/11 03:55 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Wonder if anyone remembers me >.>
I remember you Deadman. I'm still about of are generation of NGPD members. Still lurkin, B/Pin' and postin' you know, the norm.

Hey Decky. Well thats the norm all right B/P and post once every blue moon lol. But in honesty my lack of posting is because of TF2. Anyway back to the shadows...


Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
ilikeblamingcrap
ilikeblamingcrap
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-11 19:38:20 Reply

Deadman, y u no post?

Also, I'll be praying for you Calintz, to that wizard in the sky, that it goes well.

Tycrane
Tycrane
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-12 13:35:49 Reply

Stolen game:

Link to the 'original' one (can't really tell since it's been uploaded to numerous sites): http://www.pcgame4fun.com/play-sonic-bow ling.html

I think I've seen this before a while back and I'm guessing the author who uploaded this flash isn't the original one who made the game.

Please feel free correct me if I'm wrong.

Tycrane
Tycrane
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-12 13:39:42 Reply

Another stolen flash:

Original link: http://www.lullatone.com/blog/wp-content /uploads/2009/04/raindrop.swf

Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-12 14:50:57 Reply

At 2/12/11 01:35 PM, Tycrane wrote: Stolen game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 2136
Link to the 'original' one (can't really tell since it's been uploaded to numerous sites): http://www.pcgame4fun.com/play-sonic-bow ling.html

I think I've seen this before a while back and I'm guessing the author who uploaded this flash isn't the original one who made the game.

Please feel free correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, this game is everywhere

I happen to find a site wth author info. though (http://www.funwithbonus.com/2010/07/07/
sonic-x-bowling/
) apparently it was submitted July 7, 2010 by "FunwithBonus." I would use this link because it displays author info up to you though...

Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-12 15:16:12 Reply

Hey guys I found a stolen flash that has passed

Original link: http://www.pitdroids.net/movies/stick/pe psi.shtml
original author: Christian Ziebarth

It's by the same author Sonic125 who has been stealing flashes, I got a tip from a review that buddyboy126=Sonic125 (this is highly possible) anyway Im going to pm Wade about the stolen flash.

Spartan204
Spartan204
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-12 15:17:31 Reply

Sorry for the lack of my posting lately, I've just been doing a lot of lurking rather than posting on all my regular interweb spots on the count of school and recreational drugs.

Also, BigMike (congratulations on becoming a member, by the way! :D) and Tycrane, you guys are fucking amazing, keep up the awesome work!

Also-also, I'm terribly sorry to hear about that Calintz, I wish you all the best in your recovery. ):

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature
Tycrane
Tycrane
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-12 16:02:28 Reply

At 2/12/11 03:17 PM, Spartan204 wrote: Also, BigMike (congratulations on becoming a member, by the way! :D) and Tycrane, you guys are

Thanks. Although I'm not yet a fully pledged member of the N.G.P.D I'm still trying to contribute as much as possible to the portal community. I might become a member after I get some 'decent' posts and change my spammy nature.

Pride
Pride
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-02-12 16:18:43 Reply

At 2/12/11 03:17 PM, Spartan204 wrote: Sorry for the lack of my posting lately, I've just been doing a lot of lurking rather than posting on all my regular interweb spots on the count of school and recreational drugs.

Also, BigMike (congratulations on becoming a member, by the way! :D) and Tycrane, you guys are fucking amazing, keep up the awesome work!

Also-also, I'm terribly sorry to hear about that Calintz, I wish you all the best in your recovery. ):

Haha, thanks Spartan but Im not a member yet Im still an apprentice (hoprfully I'll make it though :D).