00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

988,094 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 17:11:47

At 8/1/11 04:02 PM, Rooster wrote:
At 8/1/11 03:50 PM, J-Rex wrote: Awesome I am number one. Also that means in 100 b/p points I will become have to leave the NGPD. So please choose my fate. To either stay behind or rank up and get bronze whistle and join the EGB?
Why did you try so hard to join, if you are just going to leave so soon? Why didn't you just rank up and try to join EGB?

I tried so hard to get in because I've been trying since I was a security guard and I was determined to get in.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 18:37:37

At 8/1/11 05:11 PM, J-Rex wrote:
Why did you try so hard to join, if you are just going to leave so soon? Why didn't you just rank up and try to join EGB?
I tried so hard to get in because I've been trying since I was a security guard and I was determined to get in.

Perhaps you tried a little too hard lol. Ohh the tragic irony of it all.

But hey, there's nothing wrong with sticking around and learning how to report abusive submissions and whatnot. I'm guessing that they kinda expect you to know these things upon joining the Barracks. Also, don't forget that bronze whistle if you're looking to join them! Might as well work on that while you're here.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 19:50:34

At 8/1/11 07:13 PM, Bryan wrote: I tried joining the Elite Guard Barracks, and they directed me here because I'm not a Private yet. Here are my stats, I hope that qualifies me to join?

You're overqualified, however since you're so close to being a Private I'd suggest you just wait until you get there and request admission into the EGB. Why? Because once you reach Private you are above the NGPD. It's just a suggestion, however.

q

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 21:20:14

At 8/1/11 07:50 PM, joeyjoah wrote:
At 8/1/11 07:13 PM, Bryan wrote: I tried joining the Elite Guard Barracks, and they directed me here because I'm not a Private yet. Here are my stats, I hope that qualifies me to join?
You're overqualified, however since you're so close to being a Private I'd suggest you just wait until you get there and request admission into the EGB. Why? Because once you reach Private you are above the NGPD. It's just a suggestion, however.

Overqualified is not the word I'd use, nor is it correct. Your stats are well within the boundaries of recruitment, however I looked over your post history and I see a lot of spammy posts. In fact, the only times I really see any thought put into them are when they involve ponies - which good and bad. Bad, because there are relatively few, and good because I love MLP: FiM... but I also herd you don't like Rainbow Dash :'(

Anyways, you'll have to improve your posting habits if you want to be pass inspection. Avoid short, spammy posts, ESPECIALLY one worded posts and "...." 's. But I suppose the time you could spend on making better posts could also be time spent getting b/p points. You already have a bronze whistle and from the looks of it, you're right at the fringe of being qualified for the Barracks. I think you'll be better off waiting. Now that doesn't mean you're not allowed to post here, you can stop by to report abusive flash, to catch other people's reports, or just to chill - as long as you follow the BBS and NGPD rules.

Anyways, this time around I'd recommend that you work up to the Barracks while improving your posts. They'll give you

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 21:21:46

Wow... this is what happens when you stop making a post half-way to eat dinner.

Pardon the weirdness.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 22:08:05

At 8/1/11 09:21 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Wow... this is what happens when you stop making a post half-way to eat dinner.

Pardon the weirdness.

This amuses me, pretty greatly at that. XD I've had those moments, they're always hilarious.

My apologies for the huge absence, been having a fun time just working (sarcasm) and in general living life. The heat has been murderous, I have to agree with the lot of you that mentioned it. :/ Doesn't make doing anything fun really. That and I've been moving more furniture into my new apartment! Have a small sofa now at least, which is a far cry better than a folding chair and some other miscellaneous bits and pieces here and there. ;D

I didn't do too well on the previous roster, but was pretty surprised to see I tied with Rooster in the end. :o I've surprised myself somewhat. XD I'll be trying to do some more indefinitely this week before work shifts. Being it's the beginning of a brand new month, I won't be dropping too many lines, but I promise to do my part in trying to keep the portal clean of stuff. :p

Also goodbye to Gremlin, if he sees this. Good luck in the next step, hopefully you'll continue to visit us off and on! *salutes*

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake

Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 23:05:46

From what I saw it seemed to be all stolen footage from Nyan Cat.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-01 23:20:50

At 8/1/11 11:05 PM, J-Rex wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 6006
From what I saw it seemed to be all stolen footage from Nyan Cat.

Good catch, that's a blatant rip off of not only Nyan Cat, but also its evil counterpart TACNAYN.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 01:26:24

Tails can I stay in the NGPD when I'm private until I reach bronze whistle? Or should I just stop getting b/p points and focus on my whistle?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 01:36:18

At 8/2/11 01:26 AM, J-Rex wrote: Tails can I stay in the NGPD when I'm private until I reach bronze whistle? Or should I just stop getting b/p points and focus on my whistle?

Of course you can stay after you rank out, why wouldn't you be able to?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 02:22:26

At 8/2/11 01:36 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 8/2/11 01:26 AM, J-Rex wrote: Tails can I stay in the NGPD when I'm private until I reach bronze whistle? Or should I just stop getting b/p points and focus on my whistle?
Of course you can stay after you rank out, why wouldn't you be able to?

Because I wouldn't be eligible for EGB and I though I would have to leave the NGPD.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 02:32:06

At 8/2/11 02:22 AM, J-Rex wrote: Because I wouldn't be eligible for EGB and I though I would have to leave the NGPD.

Read the OP, particularly about the Discharge part, but feel free to check out the whole thing again to be sure :P

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 17:21:12

I just found out by the end of the day I should be private. So I'm going to stick around but will I still go on the roster for this week. Also I don't have bronze so I'm not actually leaving yet until I get a bronze whistle.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 18:12:23

Bryan if you want some good posts try the politics forum that's what I did for awhile and then I did start to post a bit longer.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 18:56:13

At 8/2/11 06:49 PM, Cootie wrote: Keep up the good work boys. And one day you can join the Elite Guard and be a hero... just like me. *winning smile*

Later on today I will be private and hopefully I will get bronze whistle before my vacation and then after my vacation I will try to join the EGB.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 20:34:17

Broken Submission

Since it's broken it counts as malicious correct?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 21:30:50

This appears to be converted from video form and may be stolen and google isn't helping me at all.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 22:04:21

Stolen footage from Nyan Cat

And possibly the video part is stolen too.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 22:22:18

At 8/2/11 08:34 PM, J-Rex wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 6064
Broken Submission

Since it's broken it counts as malicious correct?

I'd leave it alone. Just blam it if you didn't like it.

At 8/2/11 09:30 PM, J-Rex wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 6071
This appears to be converted from video form and may be stolen and google isn't helping me at all.

I found a nearly identical animation on youtube. However, the youtube one lacks the intro animation that this submission has. I'm going to contact the yt user to verify if the submission on NG is his.

Original(?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMT6r-Blu bY

At 8/2/11 10:04 PM, J-Rex wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 6074
Stolen footage from Nyan Cat

And possibly the video part is stolen too.

Eh.. I personally would just blam it. A 2 second clip doesn't warrant a whistle in my opinion, and we can't really prove if the animal clip was stolen or not. Do with it as you will.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-02 22:29:19

At 8/2/11 05:54 PM, Bryan wrote: That's mostly because in the couple of episodes I watched she acted like a bitch.

Yeah, she is like that at times. But you'll see that she can also be a really sweet pony!

Yeah, I will, but I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses or anything, but there really aren't that many threads that can start up an intelligent discussion anymore. For example, How am I supposed honestly conjure up a meaningful response to a thread like this? Although, I will promise to try and improve the quality of my posts from here-on out.

It'll get easier as you make a habit out of making thoughtful posts. I know a lot of threads don't give much to work with, but I'm sure anyone can at least flesh out their thoughts to fully occupy at least one line of text. I also understand that some threads are just a deadzone for intelligence - it's generally a good idea to avoid those if you're looking to swoon us with awesome post quality :D

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-03 00:36:07

Hey guys, I'm lookin' to attempt to stir up a conversation around here bein' it's been so dead lately. Sooooooo...

We're about 12 days away from Clock day! Just thought I'd bring that to all of your attention, Tails, we're going to need to refill the doughnut supply in the break room!

Also, It's pretty bad when I make it on to the top 5 B/Pers with only 3 points, and it's even worse when you can get lucky and not do a thing! We need to step up our productivity, and I'm going to start doing my part.... Tomorrow. As we all should, we're going to need a good nights rest do do any real work.

Recommendation based on newgrounds time zone.

Anyway, I hope to see more action around here.
*Salute*

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-03 01:01:55

At 8/3/11 12:36 AM, Gamewiz wrote: We're about 12 days away from Clock day! Just thought I'd bring that to all of your attention, Tails, we're going to need to refill the doughnut supply in the break room!

I didn't have an account for any of the Clock Days, but after playing games from the days and hearing conversations about it I'm going to expect getting next to no blam points that day. Doesn't mean I'll start blindly voting to protect, though.

q

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-04 17:56:17

I'm private now. I am laving the NGPD. I had a short lived run but i thought it was a good one. I will get my whistle to bronze and then join the EGB hopefully.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-04 22:51:24

At 8/4/11 05:56 PM, J-Rex wrote: I'm private now. I am laving the NGPD. I had a short lived run but i thought it was a good one. I will get my whistle to bronze and then join the EGB hopefully.

Hey man, congratulations! Just remember, just because you've ranked out, doesn't mean that you're not welcome to post here, Tails would normally be the one saying this, but since he hasn't yet, I can speak for him... I hope. (If not, Sorry to steal your thunder Tailsy poo)

This week was a ton slower for myself personally B/P wise, I had to help with a huge neighborhood party, and today I went on this amazing boat ride which has totally worn me out. I think I can get a bit of service in tonight and tomorrow, but this weekend and Friday night I won't have much time.. Oh well..

I've got an amazing plan and idea to increase my waking hours and be more productive though that I'm going to start next week, but that's another story, if you're interested shoot me a PM.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-04 23:01:12

I'll still be active hear until I get a bronze whistle then my attention will be turned to the EGB.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-05 00:01:34

At 8/4/11 11:01 PM, J-Rex wrote: I'll still be active *here until I get a bronze whistle then my attention will be turned to the EGB.

Just don't forget about us little guys!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-05 01:07:18

At 8/5/11 12:01 AM, Gamewiz wrote:
At 8/4/11 11:01 PM, J-Rex wrote: I'll still be active *here until I get a bronze whistle then my attention will be turned to the EGB.

And you are?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-05 04:02:34

At 8/5/11 01:07 AM, J-Rex wrote:
And you are?

Easy laddie, he's one of us. Doesn't show up too often though, but rest assured he's been around. Wouldn't be such a stranger if ya joined sooner eh? Haha, but hey congrats on ranking out. I hope you get that bronze whistle soon because we'll help you get there.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-05 05:56:38

Never. It's too hard to forget about you kiddo. :3

Congrats J-Rex on ranking out. Personally I'm a ways from Private, but I'm taking my time. I'm in no hurry to leave this bunch of old farts. I got too many memories here.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-08-05 07:06:58

I'm easily forgotten too!

In other news, I won't have such a massive B/P gain as last week as I spent a majority of it meeting up with online friends!

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature