00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

987,988 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 10:27:08

At 9/1/10 05:16 AM, rorypearce94 wrote: I'm not meant to actually post here, rah rah rah, politics, but I have reason to beleive this flash is stolen
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 7091
The 'author' would likely have a username that sound more well... Professionall, as well as an emil adress thatn would likely be on the sites server, not only that, but the 'Put this game on your website' link sends you to a page where you can download SWF files for many games.

Anyone who wants to help keep abusive/stolen crap off the portal is a friend of ours! I agree that the flash is highly suspicious and I now have the evidence to prove it.

ORIGINAL:
http://www.craziness.com/games/play-memo ry-swimwear/

Well what do you know, the user didn't even get the name right. On top of the fact that there account is in no way, shape, or form associated with "craziness.com", it's pretty obvious that the game's stolen at this point. Rory, if you'd like, I'd gladly take over from here and report this to Wade. Thanks for the help!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 10:42:25

At 8/29/10 07:59 PM, ilikeblamingcrap wrote: Well I've accually heard about this place but never really wanted to join. Now that I accually read some of the posts and found out what you do I would like to this time. I know my post history isn't that great and don't expect to get in on my first try here but I want to at least know what I could do to get in if I try a second time.

Thanks again to 34deadman for reminding us about this one! Sorry I missed it before. :)

Post Quality: Yikes.

While you do have quite a few good, thought worthy posts, a lot of them are simple +1 posts and one liners. While I can't argue with the quality of those few posts, your first page of posts has nearly all of them as +1 posts.

I realize that we all can't resist to post like that every once and a while, but if it were up to me, I would say no. You've got some work to do. I don't know what the big brass will say, but we'll see.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 11:41:13

At 9/1/10 10:42 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Thanks again to 34deadman for reminding us about this one! Sorry I missed it before. :)

Post Quality: Yikes.

While you do have quite a few good, thought worthy posts, a lot of them are simple +1 posts and one liners. While I can't argue with the quality of those few posts, your first page of posts has nearly all of them as +1 posts.

I realize that we all can't resist to post like that every once and a while, but if it were up to me, I would say no. You've got some work to do. I don't know what the big brass will say, but we'll see.

He got denied for joining us. But he told me he will reapply again in the future. Anyways guys you might have not noticed that I wasn't around the portal or here yesterday. Reason is I was spending all day in the hospital wating for my mom to finish surgery. The doctors removed her goul bladder I think and me and my dad probably will have to pick her up today.

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 11:58:28

****MALICIOUS FLASH ALERT****

Causes pop-ups! Firefox just blocked 18 pop-up windows for me!

copy/pasta'd from the EGB.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 12:03:39

Sorry for the double post guys but I know this flash is malicous! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 7125 it has pop up windows as soon as you press play and you can't get rid of the pop ups and they show old guys fucking each other!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 12:11:06

This guy is a trouble some person. Sorry Cobra I was posting the same thing didn't realize that you already posted on this guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 13:00:02

At 9/1/10 12:12 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Both have been successfully flagged. Well done guys! ;)

Indeed, well done guys!

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 13:32:05

At 9/1/10 12:07 PM, Lizzardis wrote: ***Malicious flash alert***
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 7126

Well spotted, Lizz, I managed to fit a flag onto both before they were eventually removed - thanks to you for originally finding it and Silent for notifying me personally. The chances are that his account will be removed in the short term, although I assume that before then he'll submit another few Flashes, perhaps in the next few days. For all we know, the chances are that's just another alias for a long-term spammer.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 14:04:08

At 9/1/10 01:32 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 9/1/10 12:07 PM, Lizzardis wrote: ***Malicious flash alert***
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 7126
Well spotted, Lizz, I managed to fit a flag onto both before they were eventually removed - thanks to you for originally finding it and Silent for notifying me personally. The chances are that his account will be removed in the short term, although I assume that before then he'll submit another few Flashes, perhaps in the next few days. For all we know, the chances are that's just another alias for a long-term spammer.

I got to blow and the both as well. But let me tell you those pop ups were gross! I thought my computer was going to crash or something I couldn't get rid of those pop ups. But restated my computer and all is well. I see you appleyed to become a EGB member mike. Good luck my man!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 15:57:10

I sent a PM to Wade regarding the flash that Rory reported with all the links and evidence and such. Hopefully he'll be able to catch it and delete it.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 17:33:43

At 9/1/10 03:57 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I sent a PM to Wade regarding the flash that Rory reported with all the links and evidence and such. Hopefully he'll be able to catch it and delete it.

Man, all the whistle stuff happens when I'm at school. Blurgh.

Sig by Byteslinger.

Writing by John Endel.

Zombie Story! <= read it! Nuclear Apocalypse Story! <= read this too!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 19:50:33

At 9/1/10 05:56 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 8/26/10 10:48 PM, 34Deadman wrote: I doubt I will make as many B/P as I did in the last roster, almost 200 B/P, I have really slowed down on that department sadly and it looks like it is not going to change and with school coming I will become even less active as I said before I probably join Football again.
Same here. With college coming up I can see myself with almost no free time to myself because I'm going to be balancing school life, studying, time with my girlfriend, and some time out with my friends. It's going to be a hectic 2 years, but if I get my head down and work at it... I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh I bet you'll manage Lizz.

At 8/27/10 10:02 PM, 34Deadman wrote: I could be wrong but thats how I see it.
No, the EGB is quite a busy place, in fact sometimes it's actually busier than the NGPD. The only reason why you don't see it is for two reasons:

1) You're not actually looking at the activity and comparing the two, just glancing at it whenever you click on the NGPD and seeing that the EGB is at the bottom of the C&C section, and

You know I might have been to quick to judge when I look back on this. I was so used to the Generals rapid commentsand seeing NDPD usually being on the top. Also your right I do glance at who ever is at the top. I admitt I juged a bit to quickly sorry on that.

2) You're not taking into account that the EGB type a HELL of a lot more than you guys.

You know lately I hvae started looking at the previous pages in the EGB thread you guys leave very and I mean very detailed comments.

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Post the real one at the bottom of this post! :D.

So Ner ner! :P

Did that for you guys!

He moved on from here. Wish I had met him atleast once here. You spent 2 years here... you sir are a dedicated member(next to tails and many others) here and hope you continue to post here.
I'm still here though, so even though you didn't meet Ins... You met me. ;)

Hell yeah Lizz! I have been lucky meeting you and I have enjoyed it!

At 9/1/10 11:41 AM, 34Deadman wrote: He got denied for joining us.
When did he get denied? I didn't see him get denied by Tails OR Spiffy. Tell him to get his butt back in here and I'll make sure he doesn't get missed this time! That's unless Tails PM'ed him. Hmm.

He sent me a PM about it all. He said that Tails did PM him saying no(it was just his post quality). However he told me he will come back soon and reapply here.

Reason is I was spending all day in the hospital wating for my mom to finish surgery. The doctors removed her goul bladder I think and me and my dad probably will have to pick her up today.
Ouch. I hope she's okay dude. Keep us informed yeah? We're here if you need us.

She is okay. She is resting alot as she should be doing. The doctors were very satisfied how the surguery went. Thank you for your concern Lizz!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-01 20:06:27

At 9/1/10 02:04 PM, 34Deadman wrote: I see you appleyed to become a EGB member mike. Good luck my man!

Yup, it's down to the barracks as a whole to decide my fate now, the chances are that I'll get in, especially with NGPD backing, although just about anything can happen with these sort of things.

At 9/1/10 05:56 PM, Lizzardis wrote: [REALLY HUGE NGPD CATCH UP POST 1 OUT OF 3]

OMGOMGOMG - Jakepost. :D

At 9/1/10 05:56 PM, Lizzardis wrote: surely to Christ that means that the user is better off at an opportunity to be a mod than most users?

Even if, in theory, this is very true, at the end of the day you've broken the rules not just once but on numerous occasions, and constant rulebreaking isn't exactly a good reason for being added to the modship team at all.

At 9/1/10 05:56 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Ismael takes care of it

I'm pretty shocked that Ismael's still active, I was a friend of his a long time ago too. It should be great to get back in contact with him.

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Eagle went away for about 3 years and came back like nothing had ever happened... I'm pretty sure they can deal with them Mike. Yours aren't for years on end! Haha... And don't ever let them be! :D

Yeah, three years is quite a while more than I ever have been away for, although my hiatuses during my time in the NGPD cost me a place in the roster for a while in addition to a position as an appointed member of the club.

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: No you won't, because you won't ever leave. Once an NGPD member, always an NGPD member. I'll be there in the EGB cracking that whip so that you come in here once in a while to tell us that you're okay and well. I'll see you in the EGB my friend! ;)

Even if you don't keep whipping me, I'm definitely going to come back, I just no longer consider myself as a member, more a guest of honour. That sounds rather pimpish, actually. :3 By the way, you probably should keep up the whipping, I quite like it.

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Post the real one at the bottom of this post! :D.

So Ner ner! :P

What a well thought out and executed plan, bro. ;)

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Ahhh good ol' Ins. :(. That guy was amazing, and it's such a shame he left.

Having him there was the one thing that kept me B/Ping, as soon as our little B/P rivalry ended my flow completely went dry, and it seems that his did as well, not too long later.

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Oh of course! He has me to weave his way in and put in a VERY good word! Haha. Not that he needs it, I'm positive they'll accept him in a shot!

Hopefully they will, for whatever reason I have a feeling that there'll be a few votes against me getting in, I'm not quite sure why.

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: I'm still here though, so even though you didn't meet Ins... You met me. ;)

And that's all that matters, because you're the best, loveliest, cuddliest, most awesome thing ever to have been born. <3

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: so that will most probably be a permanent portal ban!

That's definitely good to know, from what I heard apparently he was linking to something along the lines of Last Measure (GNAA.us/nimp.org), which definitely isn't good at all, hopefully he won't create a new account and get submitting more stuff like that, it's some pretty fucking nasty shit.

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote: So, 3 hours pass, 4 cups of tea are drank and about half a dozen Firefox crashes later...

The crash you mentioned earlier didn't sound good, and it still doesn't. D:

At 9/1/10 05:59 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
<3 you NGPD!

And the NGPD <3s you.

<3

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 00:07:29

Resubmission here guys and no imporbements. the original http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 7168 and the one thats in the portal right now http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 7168 . The flash is pretty bad and seems likely to get blammed so whistle it or let it die? Tell me what you think guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 00:25:34

Sorry for the double post guys but I have ranked to Sergeant just now!

I like my new shiny badge

Newgrounds Police Dept.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 01:15:51

possible stolen flash. The guy signed up today, but I can't find anything about it on google. Including the names listed at the start of the flash. The white edging combined with the new sign up made me decide to post it here to see if anyone else might have luck.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 06:44:59

At 9/2/10 12:25 AM, 34Deadman wrote: Sorry for the double post guys but I have ranked to Sergeant just now!

Congrats Deadman.
I remember when I was a Sergeant.
*Looks Into Distance.
Must have been a good month or so ago XD. Think It'll be a long time before I rank up, I haven't got a single save in about 9 days and I have only got about 10 blams this week so far. I've slowed right down. Didn't really want to leave this place in a hurry anyway.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 08:46:03

At 9/2/10 07:37 AM, rorypearce94 wrote: Fastastic, could you please consider this to be my official application?

Lets see......

Badge - Police officer (good)
Post Count - Way over 50 (good)
Post Quality - There are a few one liners in there (alright, I guess)

Your post quality is a little concerning you might want to make your posts longer in future. If anything stops you getting in it will be that. Obviously I don't have final say, you'll have to wait for Tails to come online to tell you if you have made it to the apprenticeship stage.

Good Luck :)

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 11:04:39

Hey guys, we have a fake "explosm" on the portal.

Not stolen, I don't think, but it's a really blatant rip-off.
I don't think it's worth whistling, what do you think?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 13:31:17

Hey guys are some of these guys reviews reviews rude or abusive like his latest review and on teh random collab? He is making some rude comments I should some of reviews be whistled on? I am going to look further on his reviews. What are you opinions guys?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 13:32:48

At 9/2/10 01:31 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Hey guys are some of these guys reviews reviews rude or abusive like his latest review and on teh random collab? He is making some rude comments I should some of reviews be whistled on? I am going to look further on his reviews. What are you opinions guys?

Dame it forgot the link here you go http://tri-circle.newgrounds.com/reviews /flash/1

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 13:40:57

At 9/2/10 01:32 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
At 9/2/10 01:31 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Hey guys are some of these guys reviews reviews rude or abusive like his latest review and on teh random collab? He is making some rude comments I should some of reviews be whistled on? I am going to look further on his reviews. What are you opinions guys?
Dame it forgot the link here you go http://tri-circle.newgrounds.com/reviews /flash/1

while we aren't supposed to really do review issues here, a good guideline about when a review crosses into abuse is if there's nothing constructive about the review. e.g. 'this is crap' is abusive, while 'this is crap, try adding a preloader and some music.' isn't.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 13:46:08

At 9/2/10 01:40 PM, TheSongSalad wrote:
At 9/2/10 01:32 PM, 34Deadman wrote:
while we aren't supposed to really do review issues here, a good guideline about when a review crosses into abuse is if there's nothing constructive about the review. e.g. 'this is crap' is abusive, while 'this is crap, try adding a preloader and some music.' isn't.

What cuaght my attention on his new review he said "I hope you die a slow and painfull death!" . Don't if that falls under abusive but I felt like asking.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 13:52:26

At 9/2/10 01:46 PM, 34Deadman wrote: What cuaght my attention on his new review he said "I hope you die a slow and painfull death!" . Don't if that falls under abusive but I felt like asking.

well, I guess you do have to consider that if you go to vote 0 on a song, it says 'I hope you die in a fire.' Reviews can be tricky I guess.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 14:07:22

Whoa guys, y'all want to talk reviews, that's fine, but do it on the forums, otherwise the NGPD might turn into another Rage thread and be locked for good. I know that talking about whistles is fine, but not discussing reviews on the BBS or linking to abusive reviews. It could be misconstrued as mass-voting. So, drop this conversation now before we get locked for good.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 14:28:58

At 9/2/10 02:07 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Whoa guys, y'all want to talk reviews, that's fine, but do it on the forums, otherwise the NGPD might turn into another Rage thread and be locked for good. I know that talking about whistles is fine, but not discussing reviews on the BBS or linking to abusive reviews. It could be misconstrued as mass-voting. So, drop this conversation now before we get locked for good.

Sorry Cobra I brought it up. I didn't mean it as mass-voting just asked if one of his reviews were abusive. Anyway the review in question was removed so I guess it is cleared up. I should have taken it to the PF or PM some of you guys. My bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 16:02:30

At 9/2/10 07:37 AM, rorypearce94 wrote: Fastastic, could you please consider this to be my official application?

Certainly, let's get started right away. First off, welcome to the NGPD, rory! We're glad that you're willing to join the battle against stolen and abusive crap that encroaches upon our great Portal. Let's go over your prelims, this'll take just a minute.

Badge: Police officer, excellent badge to start off with.

Post count: no doubt about it, you're a regular. I've seen you around General a few times as well.

Post quality: Honestly, I'm not too excited about them. However, most of your short posts usually do pertain and add to the discussion. Really the only things that irk me are your 1 or 2-worded posts, even if they are links to other places. To us, that comes across as spammy and we can't afford to have half-assed posts in our thread nowadays.

All things considered, you seem like a good guy. Thus, you are now ready to proceed onto the Apprenticeship; a seven-day probation period where your activity here will be monitored by your fellow members. At the end of your apprenticeship, a poll will be held on our private forum to determine whether or not you're ready to become a member. If you're active and abide by our rules, you'll increase your chances of becoming a full-fledged member.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the recruitment process or the NGPD, take a look at the NGPD FAQ link in my sig. If you're still uncertain of something, feel free to contact me via PM. Well that should cover all the basics for now. Lastly...

Congratulations and welcome aboard, officer pearce! We hope you find this place to your liking.
*salute*

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 17:30:32

At 9/2/10 04:02 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
Congratulations and welcome aboard, officer pearce! We hope you find this place to your liking.
*salute*

Congrats dude.
Just make sure you keep your posts in check and you'll be fine.

In other news. I might be absent in the near future for a while. The reasons are quite personal and I don't really want to go into it but theres not much I can do to prevent it. Nothing could come of this but if I disappear I will be back.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 17:42:04

At 9/2/10 04:02 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
*salute*

Welcome aboard, Rory! Hope you have a great time here!

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-09-02 19:45:04

At 9/2/10 07:37 AM, rorypearce94 wrote:
At 9/1/10 03:57 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I sent a PM to Wade regarding the flash that Rory reported with all the links and evidence and such. Hopefully he'll be able to catch it and delete it.
Fastastic, could you please consider this to be my official application?

Hey man, good luck! Apprenticeships are always nice, I think they pump new energy into discussions, because you have new guys to submit a new opinion! Keeps the thread smelling fresh.

Not that I now too well, since I'm relatively new myself.

Also, sorry I hadn't posted in a while, had a few tests to study for. But I'm always lurking!

Sig by Byteslinger.

Writing by John Endel.

Zombie Story! <= read it! Nuclear Apocalypse Story! <= read this too!

BBS Signature