Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

  • 701,254 Views
  • 18,521 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 11:47:51 Reply

At 3/29/10 11:24 AM, RogerBK wrote: What happened in this pinneapple case??

Dammit I told you not to ask!

....Ok, I'll tell you, but only because I kinda started this and want to finish it.
We used to have a kind of silly E-hazing thing going on during the apprenticeship week. It involved a lot of jokes about fruitrape and other stupid bullshit. Then it all got out of hand when 5 new recruits joined up in the same week. You can read all the dumbshitery from this page to about page 320-ish, or wherever Mal's warning was posted, I don't remember. Because it all got so moronic, we decided to can it before it cost us the club.

Now let's never speak of the fruitiness again. There are a few things on the NGPD's private forum about it you can (no, you should) read / ask in there if you wanna know more.

TEH EDN.

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 15:11:00 Reply

At 3/29/10 11:47 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 3/29/10 11:24 AM, RogerBK wrote: What happened in this pinneapple case??
Dammit I told you not to ask!

....Ok, I'll tell you, but only because I kinda started this and want to finish it.
We used to have a kind of silly E-hazing thing going on during the apprenticeship week. It involved a lot of jokes about fruitrape and other stupid bullshit. Then it all got out of hand when 5 new recruits joined up in the same week. You can read all the dumbshitery from this page to about page 320-ish, or wherever Mal's warning was posted, I don't remember. Because it all got so moronic, we decided to can it before it cost us the club.

Now let's never speak of the fruitiness again. There are a few things on the NGPD's private forum about it you can (no, you should) read / ask in there if you wanna know more.

TEH EDN.

Thx man, it was a real class about fruits and mod rage... There was guys that are still traumatized w/ your bullshit... That's not nice...

But, anyways, can someone tell me how to enter the NGPD personal forum???
I'm entering it and it's saying that I have to register...

HELP?


Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 15:36:16 Reply

Just sign up like you do every site, but Tails has to approve of your account. He's the admin on the NGPD forums. He'll get you eventually. Operative word being eventually.

jk Tails.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 15:45:24 Reply

At 3/29/10 03:36 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Just sign up like you do every site, but Tails has to approve of your account. He's the admin on the NGPD forums. He'll get you eventually. Operative word being eventually.

jk Tails.

lol it would really help if people would PM me about it so I can validate their account sooner. I only check the admin panel every leap year or so.


Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 15:46:41 Reply

Oh, i registered yet, just waiting Tail to approve me...

Thx Silent...


Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 15:48:53 Reply

At 3/29/10 03:46 PM, RogerBK wrote: Oh, i registered yet, just waiting Tail to approve me...

Thx Silent...

Just validated your account, you're now plugged into the network :)

I'll also validate Caged, however this is tentative depending on how the apprenticeship goes.


Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 16:53:20 Reply

You know, the fact that you're the admin for the NGPD forums got me thinking, what do you want to do with your life anyway Tails?


Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-29 17:44:55 Reply

Hey everybody how's things going? Finally done with work and all that bullshit for the week now I have nothing to do but sit in front of the computer and be a stat whore again lol.


Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 08:50:55 Reply

Your profile says you work in a prison, are you working as a corrections officer or just doing custodial work? Reason I'm asking is because to work in a prison, one must have gone through a Criminal Justice program and gotten an Associate's Degree.

I'm a criminal justice major myself, and I want to specialize in ballistics and be a lab tech.


Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 13:59:06 Reply

At 3/28/10 09:52 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 3/28/10 09:45 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I don't see any problem with your voting habits as long as you vote honestly and fairly. The NGPD doesn't hold b/p ratios against anyone, although you might not get the same treatment at the EGB. My only concern is that people are not voting fairly.
Well shit. I didn't even know it was raising concerns or I woulda kept my mouth shut just now. :p I don't see why the EGB would care.

I'd like to clear this up: It's true that when someone new applies to join the EGB, we (current members) discuss about whether or not the applicant deserves to join, and we often talk about that person's B/P ratio. However, we would never turn someone down based solely on that.

TheSongSalad
TheSongSalad
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 14:27:22 Reply

At 3/30/10 01:59 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I'd like to clear this up: It's true that when someone new applies to join the EGB, we (current members) discuss about whether or not the applicant deserves to join, and we often talk about that person's B/P ratio. However, we would never turn someone down based solely on that.

I have a question about that. I understand that it's better to have a close to 1:1 B/P ratio, but I think the portal gets around 1.2 saves per blam, and that's around where I am. Is that an acceptable ratio? Or does it need to be even closer?

Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 14:55:57 Reply

At 3/30/10 02:27 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: Or does it need to be even closer?

Well since I've got a Protect/Blam Ratio of 4.5... I'm sure that's fine. Haha. We don't just take into consideration the B/P ratio... Even though it is looked upon and taken into consideration, we do look at other things, like here in the NGPD :)

TheSongSalad
TheSongSalad
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 15:21:58 Reply

At 3/30/10 02:55 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 3/30/10 02:27 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: Or does it need to be even closer?
Well since I've got a Protect/Blam Ratio of 4.5... I'm sure that's fine. Haha. We don't just take into consideration the B/P ratio... Even though it is looked upon and taken into consideration, we do look at other things, like here in the NGPD :)

Alright, cool. I was sort of curious about that. Honestly, I don't really get why B/P ratio is such a big deal to some people. For every person who just votes 5 on everything it catches, there's 4 more people who just don't like to vote low on things and skip those flashes when they see them.

SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 16:15:19 Reply

Speaking of things we look at when we are talking about new recruits for the EGB, we also look at your whistle, post history, how you conduct yourself in your posts. I usually go through a user's most recent 150 posts. 5 Pages to be exact. That usually gives me a good feeling about how a user acts on the BBS. I'm not sure how many pages my colleagues look through, but I personally think 5 pages is plenty.

I also look at the post dates as well so I can get a good sense of how active a user is as well. Lizz, your thoughts? Feel free to chime in anytime Tails.


Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 22:24:22 Reply

Aside from the obvious requirements, I try to go through at least 3 pages of posts since that usually gives me a good idea on the posting patterns of possible recruits. I look for proper spelling, intelligence, maturity, appropriate/annoying usage of pics, and number of cock jokes (the less, the better unless they're really good).
There's really nothing to it; if the applicant is a meme-infested herpes fairy then I'll most likely turn them down. However, if I see them as a positive role model type, I'll probably upgrade them to an Apprentice.


Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 22:26:56 Reply

At 3/30/10 08:50 AM, SlntCobra1 wrote:

? Reason I'm asking is because to work in a prison, one must have gone through a Criminal Justice program and gotten an Associate's Degree.

Well that would be wrong, Cause here in TX it is just a job like anything else. Only difference is you have to go through a 3 month pre-service class then you go to work at the prison. And yes I am actually a Security Officer with no sort of college degree just a High School Diploma and a good work ethic.


Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
xXHalfRoyalXx
xXHalfRoyalXx
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 22:39:16 Reply

Hwy im new here (as you can tell by my low low low low low -takes a deep breath- low rank) and been trying to help in the flash portal and do over time am i relly wasting my time or am i relly helping cuz i wanna help.


BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 22:49:23 Reply

At 3/30/10 10:39 PM, xXHalfRoyalXx wrote: Hwy im new here (as you can tell by my low low low low low -takes a deep breath- low rank) and been trying to help in the flash portal and do over time am i relly wasting my time or am i relly helping cuz i wanna help.

Well good to know your helping out around the portal, And yeah your really new cosidering your sign up date is yesterday. But in any case you will have to wait for Tails to come around and see what he thinks cause he is the one that passes the final judgement on getting into the club. But good luck!


Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Member since: May. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 22:52:31 Reply

At 3/30/10 10:39 PM, xXHalfRoyalXx wrote: Hwy im new here (as you can tell by my low low low low low -takes a deep breath- low rank) and been trying to help in the flash portal and do over time am i relly wasting my time or am i relly helping cuz i wanna help.

Assuming no troll:

Thank you for taking an interest in the NGPD, but we have some standards you must adhere to before you can join.
The minimum requirements for the NGPD are as follow:

50 posts on the BBS (mature as well, to make sure that not only are you relatively active but not a troll).

Security Guard Badge (to ensure your dedication to the portal)

Although this was mentioned before, POST QUALITY is large upon inspection. You should work on your grammar.

Good luck for the future, and hopefully we will see you around.


I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature
xXHalfRoyalXx
xXHalfRoyalXx
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 22:52:53 Reply

At 3/30/10 10:49 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote:
At 3/30/10 10:39 PM, xXHalfRoyalXx wrote: Hwy im new here (as you can tell by my low low low low low -takes a deep breath- low rank) and been trying to help in the flash portal and do over time am i relly wasting my time or am i relly helping cuz i wanna help.

Well good to know your helping out around the portal, And yeah your really new cosidering your sign up date is yesterday. But in any case you will have to wait for Tails to come around and see what he thinks cause he is the one that passes the final judgement on getting into the club. But good luck!

no prob but i like it here (and the furry thread) but im going to go back to the portal bbl


BBS Signature
Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Member since: May. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 22:56:13 Reply

At 3/30/10 10:52 PM, xXHalfRoyalXx wrote: no prob but i like it here (and the furry thread) but im going to go back to the portal bbl

As mentioned in my previous post, please work on your post QUALITY. One liners are minimally accepted, unless that is all that you can really add to a topic (which is genuinely rare, considering the dedication level of some of the users here).


I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 23:20:27 Reply

At 3/30/10 10:52 PM, xXHalfRoyalXx wrote: no prob but i like it here (and the furry thread) but im going to go back to the portal bbl

Be sure to work on the length of your posts and the quality of those posts too. Because I have noticed that your posts are majority one-liners which is something frowned upon really. So just try to work on that and will just see where things go from there.


Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-30 23:59:19 Reply

At 3/30/10 10:24 PM, TailsPrower wrote: ...number of cock jokes (the less, the better unless they're really good).

In your opinion, what constitutes a really good cock joke?

shameful examples -- c0ke jock? Coke joke? C0cK Joek?
Side note about my examples, THIS IS NG AFTER ALL! ;P
...; if the applicant is a meme-infested herpes fairy

ROFLMFAO! Wow, I really didn't think you'd be one to turn down classic jokes that have stood the test of time.

</silliness>

Hey Royal, as the others have already said, your post quality is in dire need of work. It is nice to know that the NGPD is picking up the pace for new members. It's kinda like the spammy week. Wow, that was really weird. Anyway, keep it up men!


Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-31 00:12:05 Reply

The portal is really slow right now but i'm a few points away from my new B/P rank which will be nice to see a new emblem up there on my profile. And really ony like 10 days off of my next lvl so will be glad to get a new icon for that too.


Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-31 07:50:16 Reply

At 3/30/10 04:15 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Lizz, your thoughts?

As from previous "Inspection" that we do within the EGB forums, you can see that when I eventually do review a user before he comes in on the EGB, I go far far into detail and literally review every single aspect of that user from;

In no particular order:

~ B/P
I mean if they don't have the right badge, that would be pointless

~ B/P Ratio
The Ratio is (To me) important because I find that if someone is a deliberate save whore (I Apologise for the name), then there is no point in really voting, I mean if you're just going to save all of the flashes that come in the portal... Then you're doing it for the points and NOT to pass judgement on each and every flash that you see. (Just my views an all)

~ Post Count
A lower post count usually means immaturity or lack of motivation for the BBS. Understandable though why this is one of the things I only review on lightly, take Nick for example.. His post count is small, yet he's very mature

~ Post Quality
This is an important concept. If the user is doing nothing more than a few lined posts, or just a few words for that matter, it shows that he is not that mature or suffers from an inability to concentrate on making a longer post. Not what we want in the EGB OR NGPD for that matter

~ Reviews
If the user can review well and give both sides to why he thinks a certain flash needs improving and HOW it can be improved, that shows that they've thought about the review in detail and that usually... Not always though... If his reviews are in depth and mature, 9 times out of 10, their posts are of the same quality. Which is good.

~ Attitude
If the user is a complete and utter twat, then he wont be let in. If he has a good attitude towards NG and those users around him, that's what we look for

~ Profile news posts
Funnily enough, I actually do review this quite deeply. If the user has nothing more than a crappy one lined news post... I feel as if that's not that good as the user doesn't put in any effort to make his "page" look any good. An untidy home means an untidy attitude... Usually.

~ Grammar and Spelling
Naturally, this isn't a big issue for most of the users on NG as most know how to string a whole sentence together without being told that they have spelt something wrong. However, some users are just generally terrible.

This, doesn't bug me that much... I mean... It does because of the mild OCD I have with typos and grammar, BUT it can always be fixed. Plus, in the EGB we all use correct grammar and spelling most of the time. Sure some of the oldies are a bit rusty, but it's still readable. So the new user can always pick up on grammar and spelling that they are unsure of, while they are at the EGB. If not, we will just turn them away and say for them to just make their grammar up to scratch, then they will be good to go. That doesn't happen that often though.

I do review a few other things, giving my personal opinion, if I know the user personally or speak to them outside of the EGB or if they have come from another club which I have become a part of, such as the NGPD. I'd give most of you here a good review as I've known you all for quite a while and I know that you will do well.

So yeah... That's how I review users. Sometimes I wish that we reviewed new users as we do in the EGB, here in the NGPD. Just because then I could review them in a hell of a lot of detail without the actual user seeing.

In fact... Can we start doing that? Just asking and all. Then other users could chip in instead of just sitting quiet while Tails or Spiff say yes or no. That way, we can discuss it and such.

At 3/30/10 10:39 PM, xXHalfRoyalXx wrote: Hwy im new here (as you can tell by my low low low low low -takes a deep breath- low rank) and been trying to help in the flash portal and do over time am i relly wasting my time or am i relly helping cuz i wanna help.

I'd say carry on helping the portal for a while. You've only just started, and it's understandable for you to be asking questions on whether or not you are actually helping... But yes you are helping the Portal. Each users helps in their own way, and without the constant voting of users, nothing would get voted through.

For the most part, you could help NG even more, if you just soldiered on with voting on all the Under Judgement flashes and also when posting on the BBS, I would hope that it's not that hard to concentrate a bit more on your grammar in the future.

But yes... You ARE actually helping, granted you've only got 11 B/P at the moment, but that will increase hopefully and as time goes on, you will gain a better understanding of what should be, and what shouldn't be voted in.

At 3/31/10 12:12 AM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: The portal is really slow right now but i'm a few points away from my new B/P rank which will be nice to see a new emblem up there on my profile.

The portal has been pretty slow during the day, then has picked up immensely over the night times now. Which I'm very happy at because I'm getting my average of 45 B/P again. Haha. Good job on levelling up too, I've just levelled up myself actually in B/P which is good :D

And really ony like 10 days off of my next lvl so will be glad to get a new icon for that too.

Nice! It's always nice when you level up, it's like a new beginning for the time kinda thing, as you start to get to used to your new icon. Plus, users don't recognise you that much. Haha.

Plus... Hoorah for big post!

I love making these posts and they are massive. No idea why because I doubt anyone reads them... But for the select few that DO read them, it always triggers more huge posts that reply to this one, then it looks good because we have a good, mature conversation flowing AND we are making good posting habits out of the new apprentices and making a good example of ourselves.

Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-31 09:52:29 Reply

At 3/31/10 07:50 AM, Lizzardis wrote: The portal has been pretty slow during the day, then has picked up immensely over the night times now. Which I'm very happy at because I'm getting my average of 45 B/P again. Haha.

That's awesome and congrats. But I have noticed that to and i'm getting my average up pretty close to that as well so i'm pretty happy with my current pace.

Good job on levelling up too, I've just levelled up myself actually in B/P which is good :D

Yeah always good to freshen things up from time to time. Cause looking at the same badges for a long period of time can get boring and stale. But that's why it's always good when ya level up!

Plus... Hoorah for big post!

And hell yeah that was like a monster post you got there lol. but your right for the few like me that actually go through and read stuff like that, makes things intresting and can also lead to like you said mature and meaningful conversations.


Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-31 12:13:23 Reply

At 3/31/10 07:50 AM, Lizzardis wrote: As from previous "Inspection" that we do within the EGB forums, you can see that when I eventually do review a user before he comes in on the EGB, I go far far into detail and literally review every single aspect of that user from;
~ B/P Ratio

I agree. I don't understand to well why there's people who only want saves. Seems like a pointless thing to strive for when you think about how much crap submissions maybe getting through to NG. Not because the individual, but because of all the "save whores" as you say. If everyone where to only vote for saves, there'd be loads of crap on NG with decent scores, and it'd make it harder for flash artists to stand out. But that's just from the perspective of an "unofficial" flash artist who has yet to contribute anything new to the portal.

~ Post Count

Heh, I was pretty immature when I first joined Newgrounds and started posting on the forums. Most[or atleast a big chunk of it] of my post count is from making sigs for people...

Now, I'd say I've grown up. I was on hiatus there for a while. I got to a point where I hardly ever got on Newgrounds for anything. Now, I guess something kinda motivated me to get back to it. Maybe my desire to finally make a flash for Newgrounds, maybe just to kick back into the "old routine" with a new perspective of things. Whatever the reason, I suppose I'm here either way, right?

~ Post Quality

I can't stand meaningless posts, or people who just pop into a club to post their lack of agreement with the purpose of the club. With some people though, it almost seems like they don't know how to type. Which makes me wonder why they want to be on the BBS in the first place...

~ Reviews

I've been working on that lately. Frankly, I haven't reviewed that often, and all of my "old ones", I'm sure, were not very well thought out, or just stated my opinion, rather than trying to help. Needless to say, I'll try to do better in the future.

~ Profile news posts

Sometimes I'm not sure what to post on my news. I only have 3 posts as of right now, and 1 is just a funny youTube video. :D I'll eventually figure it out though, I'm sure.

~ Grammar and Spelling

Thanks for bringing that up with me first thing. I've been getting back into the habbit, and it's not so hard to do. It's probably a change for the better, for more than just posting on Newgrounds.

Plus... Hoorah for big post!
I love making these posts and they are massive. No idea why because I doubt anyone reads them... But for the select few that DO read them, it always triggers more huge posts that reply to this one, then it looks good because we have a good, mature conversation flowing AND we are making good posting habits out of the new apprentices and making a good example of ourselves.

I read it. I hate when people just reply with "TL;DR!" I mean, really fuckin' hate it. What's the point of the BBS if you aren't going to read more than a paragraph?! That's a waste of a post anyway, TL;DR! It's just like, well what the fuck man, you want me to slap the shit out of you?! Yes I will do it through this computer screen if I have to.

Anyway, I appreciate the "massive" post. Pretty informational, though I had to clip some of what you said out cause I was running out of characters. :D


BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-31 12:13:58 Reply

Speaking of levels, I really do like the following levels:

lvl 27: I think it has dragons on it
lvls 33, 34, & 50: Do these really need explaining?
Lvl 41: BANHAMMER! DERP!
lvl 44: I'm a sucker for Katanas.
lvl 45: it's a giant sickle, need I say more?
lvl 46: a battle axe with the skull in the center.
lvl 52: GOLDEN BANHAMMER!!!! DERP!

It looks like *sunglasses* he's been banned.
YYYEEAAHHHH!!!!

lvl 55: It's a gold Great/broad sword.


Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-31 12:21:50 Reply

Damn it sucks for me right now being broke and having to wait till tomorrow to get paid. But it's worth the wait cause i'm probably getting a few nice things tomorrow anyway. So how is everybody today?


Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
CagedSilhouette
CagedSilhouette
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-31 14:37:24 Reply

At 3/31/10 12:21 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Damn it sucks for me right now being broke and having to wait till tomorrow to get paid. But it's worth the wait cause i'm probably getting a few nice things tomorrow anyway. So how is everybody today?

Pretty good, I suppose. Getting things done around our house, and tuning up our riding lawn mower for spring. Probably gonna start "judging" some submissions in the portal here in a sec.


BBS Signature