New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheSongSalad
TheSongSalad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-22 14:50:33 Reply

yeah, I think what also contributed to the lock is the grammar and spelling of the OP. I don't mean anything against him, but the original post was lacking in some details, and could have been run through the spell checker. I've noticed that clubs that get started without any real organization tend to be more likely to get locked.

deathofghosts
deathofghosts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-22 15:12:17 Reply

i thought that the minor patrol was a little loose on the rules but i just thought it would die in infamy instead of being locked

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!
My flash games and movies!
Huzzah!

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-22 16:15:11 Reply

Wow!! Lvl up!!

I'm a Police Sergeant now...
Yeah!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-22 18:43:54 Reply

At 3/20/10 02:49 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: </surprise>

Heh, I understand how people can get it mixed up, I do the same pretty often. Back when I actually thought about it I noticed that it was obviously Silent - when just skimming through the page I always think of your name as 'Sul-ent' cobra, heh.

At 3/20/10 09:25 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Well hello there...

Fuck, haven't seen you for quite a while. How're you doing?

I'm assuming mwmike and tails are still the leads?

Not since a good six months ago or so.

At 3/21/10 03:18 PM, deathofghosts wrote: okay... has anyone seen this?? it appears to be a minor version of the NGPD... what do you huys think about it... sorta like a training crew for this place...hmmm

Back when I was new to the force I saw threads like this coming through pretty often, another B/P club for before those that have less than 400 points is far from a new idea and I'd say that it's definitely not ever going to happen. You can make 400 B/P in about two weeks with some serious time in the portal if you feel like disregarding life for a while. Honestly, across the C&C we have the PD, GB and DoD, it's enough already and adding new crews into the mix for the same of adding them doesn't seem like it'll happen in the near future at least.

At 3/21/10 05:46 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Sunday 21st March 2010
Evening all.

Evening, Lizz. Apologies for the late response, I've been pretty preoccupied over the last two or three days.

At 3/21/10 05:46 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Yes it did hurt, don't take the piss

Nothing wrong with a spot of nostalgia.

At 3/21/10 05:46 PM, Lizzardis wrote: I just got me thinking... How time actually flies, yes? I'm currently about to sit my GCSE's in June, and then I think back and wonder where the hell my school life went.

Fucking hell, your GCSEs already? God, I still remember when you were barely fifteen and I was eleven when you first joined the force. I can't believe how fast the past two years or so have gone, it's completely unbelievable.

At 3/21/10 05:46 PM, Lizzardis wrote::

Plus, I've also added the "Random Flash of the week" like you guys wanted.

I think it looks quite alright up there with the rest of the roster. I reckon we should keep it, it's quite nice.

Enjoy ;)

:D

Rank-ups:
No-one :(

D:

At 3/21/10 05:46 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Joining the list:
No-one :(

D:

At 3/21/10 05:46 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Leaving the list:
None :D

:D

At 3/21/10 05:46 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Random Wiki Article of the Week:
Portal 2 - I squealed like a little bitch when I found out that Valve were releasing a PORTAL 2! I was like... AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! :D

I basically love anything from Valve and although my favourite games are primarily all the old GoldSrc engine-ran things Portal is one of my personal favourites.

At 3/22/10 04:15 PM, RogerBK wrote: Wow!! Lvl up!!

I'm a Police Sergeant now...
Yeah!

Lovely, massive congrats to you on the rankup. Well B/P'd.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
darksoldier567
darksoldier567
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-22 20:47:36 Reply

cool but how do you join?

rank of mcc:Madness Recruit) voting power:6 level:13
listen to this

BBS Signature
EmmDubya
EmmDubya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-23 14:40:35 Reply

At 3/22/10 08:47 PM, darksoldier567 wrote: cool but how do you join?

From the language-mixing in your newspost I'm assuming that you know English as a second language and thus had some troubles reading the original post. To join you must request a membership, keeping in mind that when either Tails or Spiffy inspect you the very first things they'll look for is to check that your blam and protect points are between 400 and 2500 points, meaning that you're either a Portal Guard or in the Police ranks. The second thing is that your postcount is larger than fifty. The third thing they look for is that your post quality is acceptable, meaning that you have to put some time and effort into your posts as well as maintaining a respectable and mature attitude whilst making them. I'd usually read through a user's posts and give my opinion on whether I think they should be allowed into the force, although seeing as you've made just eight posts on the forum I don't think that will be necessary - at this stage at least. If you want to join the force then I'd say that after you've made at least another fourty or so BBS posts and upped your total blam and protect count to exceed 400 you should come back and have your post quality checked.

Good luck, if you're serious with this.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature
deathofghosts
deathofghosts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-23 14:46:16 Reply

dang i gotta get some b/p points.... gotta work harder...

Darksolider i you probably won't get in because of your lack of BBS posts... just keep posting and keep getting b/p points and you will eventually get in

Huzzah!

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-23 20:43:41 Reply

At 3/22/10 09:19 PM, FroNickProductions wrote:

I knew I recognized your name from something. You reviewed Snow Wars not too long ago. Welcome!

Yeah, I'm one of the RRC guys and one guy that Nick called me an asshole, because of Fro's drawing of a BIG douchebag!!

At 3/20/10 02:49 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 3/20/10 02:36 PM, RogerBK wrote: And thanks SilentCobra,
HOLY CRAP!!!! YOU'RE THE FIRST PERSON WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS HOW MY NAME IS PRONOUNCED!!!!!!!!
Hm, that's actually how I've been pronouncing it. I guess since I don't have any proof though it doesn't matter.

I'm always bettar...

Apprentices:
>>>09 ][ 0978 ][ 0000 ][ 0.00 ][ RogerBK Police Officer - Apprentice (03/19)
You are just going to put me down a rank!?!?!?!

Of course I'll!!!

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-24 23:25:55 Reply

Well seems like the activity around here is doing alittle better then when I came back a few days ago, Good to see that really. But anyway how goes all with everybody?

Love is giving somebody the power to destroy you and trusting them not to!!

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 12:05:35 Reply

Hmmmm...

The club is very quiet for me...
(I love reading and replying some things...)

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 15:19:23 Reply

At 3/25/10 12:05 PM, RogerBK wrote:

Yeah it can get that way most of the time I have noticed that. But that's maybe because of the lack of activity around here on NG. (Obvious I know).

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 15:28:29 Reply

At 3/25/10 03:19 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote:

Yeah it can get that way most of the time I have noticed that. But that's maybe because of the lack of activity around here on NG. (Obvious I know).

There's not really large amounts of portal abuse going on right now, that's why no one really posts in here much right now. Whenever the next spam crew comes through and people get tired of seeing stupid shit in the portal, a bunch of new recruits will fly in and there will be a lot to talk about. It comes and it goes. Always good to see the NGPD up and running. :) How's everyone been doing?

TheSongSalad
TheSongSalad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 15:32:30 Reply

At 3/25/10 03:28 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 3/25/10 03:19 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote:

The club goes rather inactive during normalish school hours I think, so us that don't go to school 7 to 3 tend to see a much less active club, I think.

Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 15:48:08 Reply

At 3/25/10 03:32 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: The club goes rather inactive during normalish school hours I think, so us that don't go to school 7 to 3 tend to see a much less active club, I think.

Yeah that would make a lot of sense, But also those that are around here and work during the day also can contribute to the inactivity. Shame I work at night when the activity is at the high point but then again I always try to get on the day after and see what I missed.

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 16:04:52 Reply

Man, the nicest thing on Brazil is that I have class from 7:30 a.m 'til 11:50 a.m, but we are an hour before you guys! And In the morning no one is active too much...

The bad thing is that I'm in the 7th grade, two more years and I'll have classes at morning and I'll have classes at afternoon, sometimes... FUCK!

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 16:16:05 Reply

At 3/25/10 04:04 PM, RogerBK wrote: The bad thing is that I'm in the 7th grade, two more years and I'll have classes at morning and I'll have classes at afternoon, sometimes... FUCK!

Damn that really does suck. But still the real world is a time consuming bitch and so is a job lol. But sometimes I wish I was back in school when things where so much simpler. But it's alright cause now got a good paying job and only work half the year.

BBS Signature
TheSongSalad
TheSongSalad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 20:04:19 Reply

At 3/25/10 04:16 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote:
Damn that really does suck. But still the real world is a time consuming bitch and so is a job lol. But sometimes I wish I was back in school when things where so much simpler. But it's alright cause now got a good paying job and only work half the year.

I just started going to college this semester. It's fantastic compared to high school. I'm able to take classes at times that work for me, so I often have the middle of the day off. I've noticed that the activity in this club jumps at around 3:30 eastern though, which would be around when a lot of people can get online after school, I think.

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-25 21:04:27 Reply

But the worst thing is that I have English classes, guitar, Kumon, karate and soccer training... I really have no time, since I have only a free day at on Sundays and Saturdays...

But I still find a way to enter Newgrounds and to B/P sometimes... That's good...

BBS Signature
Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 15:57:37 Reply

At 3/25/10 09:04 PM, RogerBK wrote: But I still find a way to enter Newgrounds and to B/P sometimes... That's good...

Yeah well that's always good to hear. But I try my best to get on here even on my days working but kinda hard sometimes as I sleep during the day when im working.

BBS Signature
TheSongSalad
TheSongSalad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 16:09:24 Reply

At 3/26/10 03:57 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote:
At 3/25/10 09:04 PM, RogerBK wrote: But I still find a way to enter Newgrounds and to B/P sometimes... That's good...
Yeah well that's always good to hear. But I try my best to get on here even on my days working but kinda hard sometimes as I sleep during the day when im working.

I B/P every day when I deposit xp. I usually end up with 20-25 B/P that way, which isn't bad for a week. That's usually good enough for second place in this club, lol.

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 16:15:23 Reply

Hey guys, It's been a week since Tails accepted me as an apprentice...

It's my time now, can I enter or Not???

*Expectations*

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 16:37:04 Reply

At 3/26/10 04:15 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hey guys, It's been a week since Tails accepted me as an apprentice...

It's my time now, can I enter or Not???

*Expectations*

I think you've done a great job being an active and contributing Apprentice, so I here declare that you've successfully passed our recruitment process. You know what that means? You are now 100% NGPD! With full membership you'll appear on our roster, be granted access to our private forum, and have the power to personally inspect applicants - although remember that it is only me or Spiffy that allows them to become an Apprentice).

Congrats Roger, you've done well. Welcome to the fold, you're one of us now :)
*salute*

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 17:09:44 Reply

Awesome man!!

Thank you very much!!

*Salute*

BBS Signature
deathofghosts
deathofghosts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 17:22:05 Reply

congadulations roger on getting in...i hope you can be a great help to the cause!!

Huzzah!

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 20:31:09 Reply

At 3/26/10 05:22 PM, deathofghosts wrote: congadulations roger on getting in...i hope you can be a great help to the cause!!

Thanks man!! I'm sure I'll be a helpful person!!

BBS Signature
AJ
AJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 20:58:50 Reply

At 3/26/10 04:37 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Congrats Roger, you've done well. Welcome to the fold, you're one of us now :)
*salute*

Welcome to thunderdome bitch! Haha. You've got one of the lowest post counts I've seen of someone who made it into the NGPD. You should be proud of that. Usually people are douchebags for their first 200 or so posts or so. But you're fucking better than that Roger. You are. Now get out there and make the portal your bitch. :p

Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-26 22:38:52 Reply

At 3/25/10 03:28 PM, michelinman wrote: That's why no one really posts in here much right now. How's everyone been doing?

Damn, you haven't been here for what? a little over 30 pages? You're not needed. Just leave.

welcome back ;P

Also, a warm welcome to roger. Enjoy your stay in the NGPD :)

Anyone have an extremely large easter break coming up? I know one of us do, and he shall indeed enjoy it.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature
TheSongSalad
TheSongSalad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-27 14:32:38 Reply

At 3/27/10 12:57 PM, wcatdoor wrote:
At 3/26/10 10:38 PM, Toiletpaper wrote: Anyone have an extremely large easter break coming up? I know one of us do, and he shall indeed enjoy it.
I wonder if the activity level will go up or go down, no school and stuff, but camps and vacations.

Good question. I'm going to go with up, because not everyone goes somewhere for breaks. Wish I had an easter break though...

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-27 15:00:54 Reply

At 3/27/10 02:32 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: Good question. I'm going to go with up, because not everyone goes somewhere for breaks. Wish I had an easter break though...

Let's not forget, it's exactly the people who don't have anything to do during holidays that cause problems on NG. The ones that have social lives aren't usually the issue here.

Pandamir
Pandamir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-03-27 15:08:51 Reply

At 3/26/10 08:31 PM, RogerBK wrote: Thanks man!! I'm sure I'll be a helpful person!!

Congrats and welcome. But anyway how's everything going around here? I'm trying to keep active and everything while during my work week instead of just getting on here and depositing and then getting off. But some days are better then others.

BBS Signature