00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

987,630 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 20:59:52

At 7/22/09 08:52 PM, michelinman wrote: hey i'm interested in joining this club. i'm a little blam heavy compared to most of you guys it looks like, but what can you do? you guys just kind of a rally point to get people together against malicious flashes and stuff?

We are not a blam crew, if thats what you mean, but we assist the portal by flagging abusive flashes, and just kinda discuss and talk around here. Though to join you'll have to talk to tails.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:03:00

At 7/22/09 08:52 PM, michelinman wrote: hey i'm interested in joining this club. i'm a little blam heavy compared to most of you guys it looks like, but what can you do? you guys just kind of a rally point to get people together against malicious flashes and stuff?

Hmm. Lesse here...

You meet the badge and post count requirements for this club, and your post quality is... passable I'd say. Most are a little on the short side, but still show thought and willingness to provide meaningful input into the threads they're in. Whether or not you'll be allowed to join is up to either Tails or mwmike, as they're the ones running the club. One of them will be here eventually, so sit tight until then. I'd say you have a decent chance of getting in.

As for what we do, it's all explained in the OP of this thread, as well as in the NGPD FAQs linked to in the OP. Basically, we aim to stop as many abusive flashes from making it through the portal as possible by sharing information on anything that is stolen or otherwise rule-breaking. We also have a focus on B/Ping in the spare time, but this often takes a backseat whenever something needs reporting or discussing in terms of whether it breaks any rules or not.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:03:10

no i know you're not a blam crew. that idea went the way of the indian a while back. haha. got a shitload of posts first though. i've been noticing a lot of people finding ways to get past submission and then have their flashes turn into some stupid spam slideshow. it's annoying when you vote high on something and then the dude turns around and switches it out with some drew pickles crap. i'd be glad to help out.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:13:25

At 7/22/09 09:03 PM, michelinman wrote: no i know you're not a blam crew.

Cool.

i've been noticing a lot of people finding ways to get past submission and then have their flashes turn into some stupid spam slideshow. it's annoying when you vote high on something and then the dude turns around and switches it out with some drew pickles crap. i'd be glad to help out.

Annoyingly there's not much you can do about file swapping, besides PMing Wade once it's been done. However, most fileswap material is stolen, so if you can find the original in time, you can whistle it and get it out of the portal before it becomes a problem.
Unfortunately, most people who vote on UJ flash wouldn't know a stolen file if it bit their cocks off, so the amount of whistle blows they often get without being reported here and in the EGB is not usually enough to stop them.

Most get deleted by Wade anyway, though, so it's not too much of a problem.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:24:40

At 7/22/09 09:13 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Most get deleted by Wade anyway, though, so it's not too much of a problem.

that and the score drops like crazy after they switch it and can still get killed. i've never really dealt with any type of crews when it came to the portal, but i guess it's all evolving on me. i mean hell, the whistle concept is still fairly new to me. haha. i had a pretty long hiatus from about '03 til 2 or 3 weeks ago and i'm starting to get back into everything. figured this'd be a good place to start to kinda get my finger on the pulse again so to speak.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:36:11

At 7/22/09 08:32 PM, Sectus wrote:
At 7/22/09 11:34 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Do I really have to explain this again? We give EVERY flash a fair chance, regardless of author, topic, filesize, etc. If you don't accept that principle, you'll find yourself out of here very quickly.
Honestly dude, you get angry over something simple, I know that the flash wasn't abusive, I was only saying that if there is an abusive flash, you whistle it.

Don't let tails anger mislead you. He only has the clubs best interest at hand. Since you are new here you probably missed the craziness that went on in this thread that almost got it taken down. So Tails is trying to make sure we follow the rules so this club can serve the portal the right way.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:39:12

At 7/22/09 09:24 PM, michelinman wrote: figured this'd be a good place to start to kinda get my finger on the pulse again so to speak.

I like your thinking. ;)

As for dealing with spammers, the key is not to get annoyed by it. No matter what they do, it's all been done before (yes, even the mod hackings aren't a new thing). As for stealing awards (the most common trick to annoy people en-masse), all you have to do is realise that no matter how many awards they steal, NG always has an infinite supply of new ones to give away. Just look: They've aleady accomplished the worst thing they can do with awards, and what did it do to NG? Nothing.

Newgrounds Police Dept.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:39:55

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:46:45

At 7/22/09 08:32 PM, Sectus wrote: Honestly dude, you get angry over something simple, I know that the flash wasn't abusive, I was only saying that if there is an abusive flash, you whistle it.

Angry? You don't want to see me angry. And what? Why would we need to be told the obvious? What you said was to flag something without watching it; it's right there in black and yellow - hell I'll quote it again:

At 7/22/09 10:38 AM, Sectus wrote: Then don't open them, just whistle them, that's all there is to it.

Next time someone calls you on your mistake, you thank him/her and don't make it again. We have no place for children with no sense of accountability.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 21:48:59

At 7/22/09 09:39 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: As for dealing with spammers, the key is not to get annoyed by it.

true. it's just business as usual.

They've aleady accomplished the worst thing they can do with awards, and what did it do to NG? Nothing.

that's a lie! they put my birfdee on the obituaries. :) at least they know to pay respect where respect is due! bastards. haha.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 22:02:00

So far, i'm safe from the "Printer Hi-jacking" because i have multiple prints in my basement (an ink wasting color printer and a much more conservative black and white printer) and i get a message of "choose which printer" before anything happens, so i'm pretty safe.

As for those of you who think that you have to flag every new submission that LOOKS suspicious, before even watching it, then i say you shouldn't be here. The point of this club is to remove malicious and stolen flashes, is that correct? Then how can we do that if we have members guessing at things this way and that?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-22 22:33:02

well guys it was cool meeting all of you. i'll be back here tomorrow. still need to talk to tails or whoever about joining though. until then, i'm gonna pass out because i have to be to work at 5 in the morning. fml. take care.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 00:16:29

At 7/22/09 09:13 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
Unfortunately, most people who vote on UJ flash wouldn't know a stolen file if it bit their cocks off,

Quoted for great justice. That was the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Welcome to the thread michelinman, I'm glad you're interested in helping us keep track of stuff that breaks the rules. I'm sure Tails will be more than glad to accept you into apprenticeship.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 01:53:15

Hey there michelinman, glad to see you're interested in our crew. I'm Tails, head of the NGPD. Well, lets get down to business. You have a qualifying badge, post count is plenty, and your post quality is above average. I think you'll make an excellent addition to the force so I'll begin your apprenticeship today.

If you haven't done so already, I strongly encourage you to check out the NGPD FAQ in my sig to learn about the recruitment process, rules, and all that good stuff. If you still have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via PM. Lastly...

Welcome to the force, michelin! It's a pleasure to have you here.
*salute*

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 02:51:05

You guys do we realize us (Barney Bunch) are responsible for most of these file switchings?

Sillies.

"When I grow up I want to be Wade Fulp's second wife." - Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 03:17:27

At 7/23/09 01:53 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
*salute*

That officially makes the second military member in our crew, awesome.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 04:38:22

Can I be a member of the NGPD? I really want to be in. Reaaaaaaaaally bad.

"When I grow up I want to be Wade Fulp's second wife." - Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 09:35:04

At 7/23/09 03:17 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 7/23/09 01:53 AM, TailsPrower wrote:
*salute*
That officially makes the second military member in our crew, awesome.

oh i didn't know you were in here! i wouldn't have joined if i knew that. haha. just kidding. i guess that makes me military member 2 of 2. i hate being a noob. :( thanks for the apprenticeship though tails. i'll be around here pretty often i'm sure.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 10:03:27

I'm pretty sure this is unsuitable, has a guy masturbating/ejaculating.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 10:12:12

A little on the racist side here, no? My current scans of the portal show that it does not have many whistle-worthy flashes. Activity is clearing up.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 10:35:12

At 7/23/09 10:12 AM, Toiletpaper wrote: A little on the racist side here, no? My current scans of the portal show that it does not have many whistle-worthy flashes. Activity is clearing up.

Eh, personally I'd blam it. I don't see it as explicitly racist so I wouldn't flag it.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 10:56:50

At 7/23/09 10:12 AM, Toiletpaper wrote: A little on the racist side here, no? My current scans of the portal show that it does not have many whistle-worthy flashes. Activity is clearing up.

Don't worry, it got taken down.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 11:08:03

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 11:21:12

At 7/23/09 11:08 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Stolen flash.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 4555
Original website.

Unfortunately it passed, even though I whistled it.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 11:22:38

At 7/23/09 11:21 AM, Sectus wrote:
Unfortunately it passed, even though I whistled it.

i didn't get to whistle it before it was out of submission. it'll get what's coming to it i'm sure though.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 12:34:51

i'm pretty sure this soundboard is stolen. here's the original link ebaums world.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 13:50:40

At 7/23/09 12:34 PM, michelinman wrote: i'm pretty sure this soundboard is stolen. here's the original link ebaums world.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/50 4570

Yep you were correct until it got switched, nice catch. Add another one on the list for pming to Wade.

We should watch out for those soundboards, since it seems to be a common victim of file swap.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 13:52:06

Reporting in, nothing seems to be illegal, hateful, stolen, etc. in the portal now. I will check in later today as well.

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 13:54:16

Hey, I'm interested in join the NGPD. I'm ranked Police Officer, but I don't have a huge post count or whatever and my post may not seem the most top-quality. However, I want to help keep the Portal under some control. So thanks if I get accepted, and thanks if I get rejected.

Woo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-07-23 14:02:36

Nevermind the above post, caught something stolen.

Original game: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kingofno thin/pressme-ii

Wrong name + the user signed up today, which leads me to believe that he signed up just to get stolen flashes to ng.

BBS Signature