00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FloofGaming just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

981,633 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 19:12:01

At 2/3/09 05:40 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Hey guys how is it going? I got declined from the EGB for some reason :3 Also It's my birthday :3

Hey, you were born on the same day that Ritchie Valens died in his plane crash. Happy birthday, I suppose. Sucks to hear you got declined, why'd they turn you down?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 19:50:48

At 2/3/09 05:40 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Hey guys how is it going? I got declined from the EGB for some reason :3 Also It's my birthday :3

I do not know for sure, but I bet it was because your save to blam ratio is way over 3. According to a previous post, they will not take members with a huge difference between saves and blams.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 20:48:19

At 2/3/09 07:50 PM, Eroth221 wrote:
I do not know for sure, but I bet it was because your save to blam ratio is way over 3. According to a previous post, they will not take members with a huge difference between saves and blams.

Some people who want to join the EGB may be worried because of what you just said, but it's not true at all. It's true that we do prefer members whose ratio is balanced, but that doesn't mean we'll reject people just because they P/B ratio is a little big.

Phantom's post here explains why sirtom93 got rejected.
Even some of the EGB members have a big P/B ratio, from the top off my head, Mendou is one of them.

I just said this because I don't want people who are planning to join the EGB to worry too much about it.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 21:00:03

At 2/3/09 08:48 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 2/3/09 07:50 PM, Eroth221 wrote:
Some people who want to join the EGB may be worried because of what you just said, but it's not true at all. It's true that we do prefer members whose ratio is balanced, but that doesn't mean we'll reject people just because they P/B ratio is a little big.

Phantom's post here explains why sirtom93 got rejected.
Even some of the EGB members have a big P/B ratio, from the top off my head, Mendou is one of them.

I just said this because I don't want people who are planning to join the EGB to worry too much about it.

Oh ok, I see. That makes a lot of sense. It definitely takes a lot more to get into the EGB then I had originally thought. I am glad they like to make sure the members have a lot of experience as a member of newgrounds and needs to be well rounded. I can see I have a lot of work to do before I can even consider myself acceptable. Thanks for the info Ismael92. And I am sorry you did not get in sirtom93.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 21:03:10

Likewise, I was going to head to the EGB (not like im going to rank up anytime soon) when I do finish up here, and am glad to have some understanding of the entry reqs.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 21:10:02

If you're interested and want to get some information you may want to read the FAQ section in the EGB forums. Here you have The official Elite Guard Barracks FAQ, which contains information such as the requirements for joining and some more stuff. The Elite Guard Barracks Manifesto is interesting too.

:D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 21:29:50

how is this even possible?

This is:

Wade Fulp

Newgrounds Stats
Sign-Up Date:
12/15/99

Level: 29
Aura: Light

Blams: 215
Saves: 286
Rank #: 15,171

a good few of us are higher in rank than him, yet most of us are lower in level. Odd.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 21:36:54

At 2/3/09 09:29 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: how is this even possible?

This is:

Wade Fulp

Newgrounds Stats
Sign-Up Date:
12/15/99

a good few of us are higher in rank than him, yet most of us are lower in level. Odd.

Well, it's not like Wade's a regular user. By regular, I mean a regular depositer. He's just another user...with badass admin powers....

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-03 21:39:25

At 2/3/09 09:29 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: how is this even possible?

This is:

Wade Fulp

Newgrounds Stats
Sign-Up Date:
12/15/99

That's his B/P rank, not the experience one! (the experience one is below).

;)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 00:17:49

At 2/3/09 08:48 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Phantom's post here explains why sirtom93 got rejected.

Just for the sake of juxtaposing my criteria with Phantom's I wouldn't have even made a point on b/p ratio. He encouraged Tom to increase blam points, which I don't quite follow (given my notoriously lenient stance on the freedom to vote however one sees fit). However it's his show, not mine so whatever. As for reviews, I won't say anything on that since I don't have that as a requirement here. Now your posts, that's something I can side with Phantom on. What happened, Tom? Why am I seeing all these itty bitty, wee bite sized posts? I mean, one liners to me aren't inherently a bad thing but we can only stand to see so many in close proximity!

If you can bolster up overall post quality, I'll even back you up next time you apply... if you apply. Although I'm pretty sure Phantom doesn't regard me very highly tbh. Last time I talked to him, he gave me the feeling that he made me feel really uncomfortable - I felt no love brotha. I could be wrong.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 01:34:22

Hey everybody, I just got Left 4 Dead...hand me over some of your Stream ID's or whatever they are, and let's get to fuckin' up some zombies!

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 11:38:05

If I am honest, not that I have any bad feelings about not being allowed in the EGB, I don't think Phantom is very good at his job at all - mainly from what I have seen being in the NGDD. But also, it wasn't really his choice whether I got in or not.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 11:52:57

At 2/4/09 12:17 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Just for the sake of juxtaposing my criteria with Phantom's I wouldn't have even made a point on b/p ratio. He encouraged Tom to increase blam points, which I don't quite follow (given my notoriously lenient stance on the freedom to vote however one sees fit).

I agree. The portal is getting a bit lenient on flashes these days, with lots of fairly bad stuff getting through, but its the voter's choice what he/she wants to vote, and it's certainly not the EGB's right to try to alter their voting habits.

I can see where they're coming from, with the fact that it may mean that the person is just voting 5 on everything, but I do not agree with it. that is just one of the possibilities. it may be that they simply only vote on things that they believe are decent, for some reason, or that they come here for entertainment, and only watch the good ones, or at least, the ones that look good.

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 12:58:14

I could agree with you there but i would just like to ask, why do you think he isn't good at his job. I mean that in the NGDD was just a sort of mis-understanding as such.
It shouldn't happen again.

No one with power over anything should have as much arrogance as him. His posts show how arrogant and self important he is.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 13:57:31

Could y'all do me a favor?

Could y'all please vote, rank, ans review my movie? Please?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8802 11/176

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 14:10:53

Wrong link, here is the correct one:

sorry about my previous post. >_>

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 14:37:08

At 2/4/09 02:24 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 2/4/09 02:10 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Wrong link, here is the correct one:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/46 4851
Erm.....Cobra but not being rude or anything but that was kinda rubbish. I mean it was just a slide show (I have read the review responses i know.) The whole Yu-Gi-Oh thing was kinda weird and the music just didn't suit the movie.
the images were poor quality. I'm sorry but I'm not reviewing it.

With all due respect, that was something I put together in Windows Movie Maker, then converted it to an .SWF file type so I could upload it. That's the extent of my FLASH knowledge. I only know about the frames, how each action has to have it's own frame, the layers (I'm aware of them), and that's about as far as it goes. Anything past that, I know nothing, and my attention span for self-teaching FLASH is NON-EXISTENT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 14:39:30

What, nobody plays Left 4 Dead here? Bah! What a wood-kill...

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 14:51:49

I play Unreal Tournament III for PS3, but I have no internet on my PS3, if I do, I need to figure out how to get it. I don't have the Wi-Fi PS3, I got the 20 GB model.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 14:58:03

At 2/4/09 02:45 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
At 2/4/09 02:37 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote:
At 2/4/09 02:24 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
Erm.....Cobra but not being rude or anything but that was kinda rubbish. I mean it was just a slide show (I have read the review responses i know.) The whole Yu-Gi-Oh thing was kinda weird and the music just didn't suit the movie.
the images were poor quality. I'm sorry but I'm not reviewing it.
With all due respect, that was something I put together in Windows Movie Maker, then converted it to an .SWF file type so I could upload it. That's the extent of my FLASH knowledge. I only know about the frames, how each action has to have it's own frame, the layers (I'm aware of them), and that's about as far as it goes. Anything past that, I know nothing, and my attention span for self-teaching FLASH is NON-EXISTENT!
Well fair enough i suppose. At least you tried. but maybe that attention span for learning flash.....could be more existent if you really pushed at it.
Anything is possible as long as you set your mind on it.

my attention span is more focused on school, work, and chores. Among other things, I also like to chill by NOT GETTING A HEADACHE or posting in my blog. Either that, or eating if I am hungry, or listening to music. I don't know why, but my brain will not let me learn flash, unless someone gets on AIM and takes me through it step-by-step.

Also, if you listen to "Piece Of Your Action" in its entirety, you'd understand why I chose it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 16:37:31

Ehh.... soz, but I'm not big into hentai. This may come as a shock to many, but some of them I find revolting. If I had a choice, I'd have to listen to my conscience and vote 1... a merciful execution is the least I can do.

At 2/4/09 02:39 PM, Phobotech wrote: What, nobody plays Left 4 Dead here? Bah! What a wood-kill...

QUE??? I've got some hours in at my friends place. That's right, I have to TRAVEL to play on a 360 or a PS3 :] My preferred weapon in L4D would be the M16/AR-15; I never seem to run out of ammo with it, as one of my friends commented. After reading "The Zombie Survival Guide" I only aim for the head.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 17:56:51

Would this count as abusive?

: Suitable for all ages my Ass!

The Endless Handbag | NG Sig Makers | Gamertag: TheNewReference

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 18:48:42

At 2/4/09 02:39 PM, Phobotech wrote: What, nobody plays Left 4 Dead here? Bah! What a wood-kill...

I play Left 4 Dead, but I play it on Xbox 360, not steam. Also, even if we could play together, and you did have it for Xbox 360, I probably would not play because after beating every level (ALL 4 OF THEM), it kinda gets very repetitive. But it is a great game, and it is a lot of fun to play in the dark with your friends. The first time I played I had some friends over, and it was very funny because when one of my friends shot a witch and she jumped on him, he screamed like a girl.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-04 19:00:44

At 2/4/09 05:56 PM, hawkkid777 wrote: Would this count as abusive?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 1786
Suitable for all ages my Ass!

A long time ago I did remember seeing that a gross content misrating was punishable by deletion. However, I just got back from the Help/FAQ page and saw nothing about this scenario on the whistle article. I personally think it's an offense that does warrants a whistle, but whether or not I'd risk my points is another matter. In these cases, it's your call.

If you really want a solid answer, try asking a review mod. They know a thing or two on how and when to flag something. I probably wouldn't bother an admin over something like this. Allegedly, they're very busy people all the time.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-05 14:56:46

This is stolen from http://www.addictinggames.com/miniputt.h tml and the author Psycho Goldfish. I just blew my whistle on this, and I gave the admins the link and the author. The email account wasn't even reminiscent of addictinggames.com at all.

fucking thieves!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-05 17:43:19

Blams: 915 (+46 since last log)
Saves: 1043 (+8 since last log)

lol, about three weeks of b/p points^^^^

I don't really feel like b/ping lately lol

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-05 17:48:00

Hey, Phobotech, great choice game-wise. Mine is Gamermandan, you got it for the pC right? Anyway, I have a problem: I have a 10:1 save blam ratio. Yech.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-05 18:28:14

Hey guys, this is hawkkid777. I got a name change, you liek it?

At 2/5/09 05:48 PM, Ninja-Without-Sight wrote: Anyway, I have a problem: I have a 10:1 save blam ratio. Yech.

Maybe just blaming submissions for a while would help?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-05 19:05:08

At 2/5/09 06:28 PM, TheOriginalReference wrote: Hey guys, this is hawkkid777. I got a name change, you liek it?

There's no way in hell I'm gonna type all that out just to REFER to you...hehe. I'm calling you 'tor' from now on whether you like it or not. Muwahahahahalolol

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-02-05 19:13:01

There's no way in hell I'm gonna type all that out just to REFER to you...hehe. I'm calling you 'tor' from now on whether you like it or not. Muwahahahahalolol

Fine with me! Maybe I won't be just another user anymore, I really love my Originality.

lololol

BBS Signature