00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

987,972 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 20:32:44

At 4/6/08 02:58 PM, MercatorMap wrote: As well as watching the portal, one of our duties is to watch reviews correct?

Not really but you can do that as well...

It wouldn't kill users to have a deity whistle...

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 20:41:06

Yeah, I was a bit annoyed with the review thing. I flagged at least 100+ plus a while back (the other month I think). I log in the next day and I've wound up with a garbage whistle. Was a bit confused because I'd only flagged the one's that get mentioned in Rages' thread or Turd Of The Week. Now I know why.

And by soccer jew you mean football. Used to play a lot at school quite a lot and was a pretty decent goalie. Stop playing though after I finished college and started uni. I do Wushu instead now and pretty soon I'll have a new swimming pool to play with. This means me and my sister will have no excuses for not getting any exercise :P Baseball is probably the most boring sport ever to be honest. Along with golf and bowls.

Nice to see you Sekhmet...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 20:47:41

I sent liljim a message telling him I am very confused in this whole situation but I don't expect a reply an time soon.

But yeah baseball is exciting if you are good at it. Plus you gotta think more than you do in football/soccer so it exercises your brain and body

The New NGPD / Join the EGB

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 21:10:19

At 4/6/08 08:41 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
And by soccer jew you mean football.

i live in the US. its soccer. football is different here

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 22:47:29

lol you guys should've been there when they made the deity whistle available to everyone. Before then, only one person could possess it, and that was Little Washu (I had a silver at the time). Once the whistle system was reformed it was basically a gold rush of the likes I've never seen. In about a week of moderate flagging, I jumped from silver to deity. It was incredible :)
Wait... now I reminded myself of how well my deity looked with my captain badge :( Oh I wish I was captain again >_<a t 4/5/08 09:34 PM, Mizar wrote:

Make that, CAPTAIN Mizar.

YOU'RE NOT HELPING >:'(

congrats lol

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 23:08:56

At 4/6/08 10:47 PM, TailsPrower wrote: lol you guys should've been there when they made the deity whistle available to everyone. Before then, only one person could possess it, and that was Little Washu (I had a silver at the time). Once the whistle system was reformed it was basically a gold rush of the likes I've never seen. In about a week of moderate flagging, I jumped from silver to deity. It was incredible :)
Wait... now I reminded myself of how well my deity looked with my captain badge :( Oh I wish I was captain again >_<a t 4/5/08 09:34 PM, Mizar wrote:
Make that, CAPTAIN Mizar.
YOU'RE NOT HELPING >:'(
congrats lol

Man right now i wish the whislte system was never brought to life. Anyone got any tips to help me get mine out of the shitter quick?

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 23:36:47

At 4/6/08 11:26 PM, TheNossinator wrote: It's about time we shaped up here in the NGPD, looking back we've just about wasted 12 pages.
I thought that a roster will give us the kick in the bum we need to get going. Thanks to NEVR for helping me get started. He is a member of the EGB, so he has seen the benefits a roster can give, and actually writes up the rosters there.

The roster will be updated at 12am EST (Newgrounds time) Monday mornings each week, this week a little earlier.

Wow man nice work that makes us look a lot more official. But I don't think that the last 12 pages were a waste. There were some legitimate discussions and lots of pleasantries like wheather and things. But yeah nice job on the list but prepare to fill in my b/p per day i usually get like at least 30 on week days and 80 on weekends (depending on how many things get submitted).

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-06 23:52:21

At 4/6/08 11:42 PM, TheNossinator wrote:
At 4/6/08 11:36 PM, DBlach wrote: Wow man nice work that makes us look a lot more official. But I don't think that the last 12 pages were a waste. There were some legitimate discussions and lots of pleasantries like wheather and things.
That doesn't really have to do with being an officer or the departments doings, does it?

Ok I guess not but what exactly constitutes officer talk? I mean people have had discussions about the goings on in the protal and have posted links to stolen submissions right?

But yeah nice job on the list but prepare to fill in my b/p per day i usually get like at least 30 on week days and 80 on weekends (depending on how many things get submitted).
The Gain and Gain/day columns will be filled in on next weeks roster.

I knew that you can't put it on a roster that you started today.

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 00:18:43

At 4/7/08 12:11 AM, TheNossinator wrote:
At 4/6/08 11:52 PM, DBlach wrote: Ok I guess not but what exactly constitutes officer talk? I mean people have had discussions about the goings on in the protal and have posted links to stolen submissions right?
Of course we have, but only minimally.

This crew has floated into idle chatter instead of what it was meant to do.

Ok back to Sir! Yes Sir! and Sorry Sir! what not i guess. Is donut talk still acceptable being police officers and all.

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 01:48:07

so what exactly is "acceptable" talk? for this thread?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 05:34:04

At 4/6/08 11:26 PM, TheNossinator wrote: It's about time we shaped up here in the NGPD, looking back we've just about wasted 12 pages.
I thought that a roster will give us the kick in the bum we need to get going. Thanks to NEVR for helping me get started. He is a member of the EGB, so he has seen the benefits a roster can give, and actually writes up the rosters there.

The roster will be updated at 12am EST (Newgrounds time) Monday mornings each week, this week a little earlier.

Wow, that looks really nice. You and NEVR did a good job with that. And I'm #3 which is awesome!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 05:58:18

Good luck with catching up ;P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 09:26:19

I think I can give you guys a run for your money as well! A little friendly competition never hurt anyone right?

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 11:57:45

At 4/7/08 09:26 AM, DBlach wrote: I think I can give you guys a run for your money as well! A little friendly competition never hurt anyone right?

Go for it :)

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 12:18:18

Hey guys, hope you like your new roster. Noss came to me and asked me to help him get it started, but it's largely his work, so big kudos to him for that. I'm just something of an outside consultant for if he ever needs a hand with it.

I thought now would be a good time to remind you guys that we have a place on the EGB roster for any NGPD members who are planning on graduating to us, and becoming active with the EGB. The only requirement is that you post in the EGB on a semi-regular basis, just so we know you're around.

If you're interested, all you have to do is post a request in the EGB to become a Guardsman (title of the position for NGPD members within the Barracks), mention you're serving with the EGB, and our recruitment officer SlashFirestorm will get back to you. When you're formally accepted, you'll be added onto our roster which is updated every Tuesday, alongside our current Guardsmen - Noss and Soulmaster.

This is a great way for anyone wishing to graduate to the Barracks to familiarize themselves with the thread and the members before becoming a full-fledged member, so don't be afraid to post a request in there, we're always looking for new members!

-Colonel NEVR, Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 12:23:15

wow nice work on the roster nossinater. :) i think my b/p number is somewhere like 656 or something like that. yea i got a long way to go till the next level :( ach well. good luck to us all. :)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 12:34:24

At 4/7/08 12:23 PM, bahamutzer03 wrote: wow nice work on the roster nossinater. :) i think my b/p number is somewhere like 656 or something like that. yea i got a long way to go till the next level :( ach well. good luck to us all. :)

um, yea nevermind the 656 <,<u blonde moment. i'm cursed by them >.<

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 14:46:58

Rarrg how does that adolf hilter bullshit pass so easily >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 15:46:31

Hello guys, i was wondering if i could join the NGPD, as i really wanted since i a while, to be helpful on that side of the web, i mean, on helping people get more into helping the save and protect process...

Well, besides that, i guess it's up to you now, right? Having to decide wether i can join or not and all that, well, i just hope i do. =D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 16:49:57

At 4/7/08 03:46 PM, Khayn wrote: Well, besides that, i guess it's up to you now, right? Having to decide wether i can join or not and all that, well, i just hope i do. =D

SoulMaster71's report:
1. Rank: Police Officer (YES)
2. Post Count: 842 (YES)
3. Post Quality: Tend to be somewhat helpful, and two or three lines (YES)
My recommendation: Let this dude in, he could very well be an asset to the club.

Now for my opinions on the roster. Have I really fallen that far behind TheNossinator? Wow. That's like four or five days of hard B/P work... I could have sworn I didn't miss that many this week. Ah well, might be a while before I have much of a chance to catch up.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 19:21:35

At 4/7/08 03:46 PM, Khayn wrote: Hello guys, i was wondering if i could join the NGPD

Say no more, you start today. Congratulations on your apprenticeship. Let's see if you can make it all the way. Dismissed!

BTW awesome job on making the roster, Noss. It looked like it took a while to make. You're setting an excellent example here. Keep up the good work.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 20:01:55

At 4/7/08 03:46 PM, Khayn wrote: Hello guys, i was wondering if i could join the NGPD, as i really wanted since i a while, to be helpful on that side of the web, i mean, on helping people get more into helping the save and protect process...

Well, besides that, i guess it's up to you now, right? Having to decide wether i can join or not and all that, well, i just hope i do. =D

Well congrats on being accepted to the NGPD!

Dang today on the portal only like one thing is under judgement at a time becuase it either gets blammed or passed so quickly. I guess it's because so many people are on this time of day.

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 20:16:11

Welcome to the force Khayn. Get out there and do us proud!

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 20:18:27

At 4/7/08 08:01 PM, DBlach wrote:
Dang today on the portal only like one thing is under judgment at a time because it either gets blammed or passed so quickly. I guess it's because so many people are on this time of day.

yea, like every 15-20 minutes ill check the portal to see whats new and there'll be like 4 things that have already passed, and who knows how many blammed. so its like im missing a lot of blam/save points today

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 20:53:38

hey guys flag this as hateful all it does is say the N* word

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 20:55:25

Thanks for accepting me guys, i won't fail the NGPD. :D

And i'm already working at it, getting in some skillzfulzz blams and protects. :P

Wait, is it right to call the b/p like i'm talking about frags?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 21:02:51

At 4/7/08 08:53 PM, DBlach wrote: hey guys flag this as hateful all it does is say the N* word

WRONG.

You do not tell us what to flag. The correct way is to post the link, explain how it may be abusive, and leave it for us to decide. Telling people to whistle something will make us look like mass whistlers and get us into deep trouble.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 21:05:47

At 4/7/08 08:53 PM, DBlach wrote: hey guys flag this as hateful all it does is say the N* word

It got blammed anyways...

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 21:07:24

At 4/7/08 09:02 PM, TailsPrower wrote: WRONG.

You do not tell us what to flag. The correct way is to post the link, explain how it may be abusive, and leave it for us to decide. Telling people to whistle something will make us look like mass whistlers and get us into deep trouble.

Sorry I told you what to flag but I did give a reason why.

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2008-04-07 23:44:52

At 4/7/08 09:07 PM, DBlach wrote: Sorry I told you what to flag but I did give a reason why.

I think I've seemed nice to you relatively new members, but let it be known from hereon out that I have zero tolerance for people that "tell" others to whistle or how to vote, and I will not hesitate to give any of you the boot if I find it necessary. Mindless hate-shit like that ought to be blammed anyways. It doesn't deserve the dignity of a whistle trial and a swift death sentence is preferable in my opinion.

This is not just directed at you DBlach, this goes out to everyone here as well. So I want to see none of that stuff from any of you or there WILL be problems.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature