New Topic Respond to this Topic
BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 00:57:49 Reply

Well I know ICP made one of the versions of Eminem's real old song "Real Slim Shady". Thier version was "Will the Real Slim Shady Please Shut the Fuck Up".

I know this much, however I do NOT know if Eminem ever cared enough to write something bashing them back, or just let it go, figuring they were just being stupid.

TiiBag
TiiBag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 00:59:38 Reply

All I know is Eminem made a skit song in which the members of ICP were sucking dick to one of Em's made up characters Ken Kaniff. It's pretty funny actually, ICP's a bunch of pussies though.

BBS Signature
BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:01:03 Reply

At 3/22/08 12:59 AM, TiiBag wrote: All I know is Eminem made a skit song in which the members of ICP were sucking dick to one of Em's made up characters Ken Kaniff. It's pretty funny actually, ICP's a bunch of pussies though.

Yeah they are, but they're still funny as hell sometimes. Eminem's definately better, but come on...Neden Game for the win.

Dgp15
Dgp15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:01:05 Reply

They are both the epitome of faggotery.

BBS Signature
TiiBag
TiiBag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:02:47 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:01 AM, BigLundi wrote:
At 3/22/08 12:59 AM, TiiBag wrote: All I know is Eminem made a skit song in which the members of ICP were sucking dick to one of Em's made up characters Ken Kaniff. It's pretty funny actually, ICP's a bunch of pussies though.
Yeah they are, but they're still funny as hell sometimes. Eminem's definately better, but come on...Neden Game for the win.

Yeah, I admit back when I listened to rap regularly I had a couple ICP songs on my playlist (Falling Angels or something was my favorite), but I was an Eminem fan about 3 years before that. Now it's all about power metal though, only listen to rap once in a blue moon.

BBS Signature
JohnLithium
JohnLithium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:09:19 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:01 AM, Dgp15 wrote: They are both the epitome of faggotery.

Indeed...comparable only in differing degrees of mindless fan band-wagoning, media over-exposure, lack of musical talent, and juvenile/repetitive song themes.

BBS Signature
BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:10:22 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:09 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
Indeed...comparable only in differing degrees of mindless fan band-wagoning, media over-exposure, lack of musical talent, and juvenile/repetitive song themes.

so...all music.

JohnLithium
JohnLithium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:13:01 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:10 AM, BigLundi wrote:
so...all music.

Not really, no.

BBS Signature
cherries
cherries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:15:41 Reply

Gayest band of all time.

ICP vs. Eminem?

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:16:43 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:13 AM, JohnLithium wrote: Not really, no.

Some examples?

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:17:14 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:13 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
so...all music.
Not really, no.

Yeah...yeah really. There really isn't a brand of music that can't be classiffied under one specific song lyric type.

Allow me to show you, and disagree with me if you want, but you'll be wrong.

Rock- Something to do with a bitch lover.
Metal- Something to do with killing babies.
Rap- Something to do with killing gangstas and hos/making money.
Ska- Something to do with smoking a LOOOOOOT of pot and then writing a song

Am I missing something? Probably, but you get the point.

Thing is, you can't agree with one of these and disagree with the rest or you're a hypocrite. mmk?

JohnLithium
JohnLithium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:18:00 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:16 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
Some examples?

Of what? Bad music or good music?

BBS Signature
SixthSins
SixthSins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:18:28 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:15 AM, cherries wrote: Gayest band of all time.

Haha, that fucks the shit out of there image. Haha, I love seein shit like that, whats really behind the mask kind of thing. I lol'd on it thanks, BTW ICP blows, and eminem is fake these days. PLIES IS THE SHIT.

BBS Signature
DraGoN-RaGe-9001
DraGoN-RaGe-9001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:21:30 Reply

not really Eminem has lyrical skill , you don't have to like him but don't spew your ignorant biased filth here

RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:24:04 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:18 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
At 3/22/08 01:16 AM, RacistBassist wrote:
Some examples?
Of what? Bad music or good music?

Music that isn't just the same repetitive thing over and over

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:24:10 Reply

you assholes are all wrong, all rap except ICP (and i guess Biggie and 2-pac) because ICP is fucking hilarious, eminem is only a LITTLE funny but most of his songs are about him growing up poor with a bitch mom. so?

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Elios
Elios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:24:20 Reply

Lol, everyone hates ICP except me.

I've been to the concerts, i have the shirts, (and a hat!), and an autographed D&D manual. Violent J and Shaggy really are nice guys. Back in August i went to the Gathering of the Juggalos, and i got to ride with Blaze ya Dead Homie and Maddrox in a golf cart. Weeeeeeee!

Also, i agree with the message ICP sends out. Not alot of people know this, so i might as well share it with you. Underneath the hate, violence, and weird gimmics, ICP sends a strong message, of being fair and just. Hold on to your dreams, and always be true to yourself! J and Shaggy are firm believers of God (as mentions in "Thy Unveiling"). Everyone at Psychopathic Records, is my Juggalo Family.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature
JohnLithium
JohnLithium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:26:29 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:17 AM, BigLundi wrote:
At 3/22/08 01:13 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
so...all music.
Not really, no.
Yeah...yeah really. There really isn't a brand of music that can't be classiffied under one specific song lyric type.

Allow me to show you, and disagree with me if you want, but you'll be wrong.

Rock- Something to do with a bitch lover.
Metal- Something to do with killing babies.
Rap- Something to do with killing gangstas and hos/making money.
Ska- Something to do with smoking a LOOOOOOT of pot and then writing a song

Am I missing something? Probably, but you get the point.

Thing is, you can't agree with one of these and disagree with the rest or you're a hypocrite. mmk?

Ah, generalizations: the comfort of assertive statements without the burden of backing it up or supplying contextual evidence.
So, of course I can disagree with one and not the other.
Then of course there is music without lyrics...
But, I digress. Of course, there will be varying levels of exposure to musicians and musical acts, I was merely pointing out that both Eminem and ICP share many of the traits I had previously mentioned, and that they only variated slightly in each phenomenon.
Of course, there are plenty of bands which expand beyond the themes which you mentioned above, but then again, when most people cannot comprehend rock beyond Nickelback or rap beyond Eminem or 50 Cent, then you really can't blame them when they claim that music (in their terminology, the 'major music industry') peddles monochromatic, repetitive themes. It is simply the law of supply and demand, as well as a reflection of the consumer culture.

BBS Signature
cherries
cherries
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:27:41 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:24 AM, Elios wrote: Lol, everyone hates ICP except me.

Insane Clown Posse has to be the worst band of all time, their entire fan base consists of 10 year old kids who think it's "hardcore". You're a fucking faggot for liking them.

SteamTusk
SteamTusk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:31:33 Reply

ICP and Slim Shady are made of AIDS and fail. My cure for your affliction is to listen to either Dr. Octagon or Quannum MC's. Ninja Tune; for the win. (bows)

Halfsharkalligatorhalfman...
Half-man; half-shark!

Expand your vocabulary; feed the world.

BBS Signature
Elios
Elios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:31:44 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:27 AM, cherries wrote: their entire fan base consists of 10 year old kids

Lol, i'm 21

:who think it's "hardcore"

I'm no "Hardcore", i'm a D&D nerd

You're a fucking faggot for liking them.

Much clown love to ya!

Do what now...?

BBS Signature
BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:33:52 Reply

Hmmmm...I see where this is gonna end up going, so let me just put my opinion down now, ahem.

Here are both ICP and Eminem viewed objectively, without "RAP IS GAY" biasness and without "RAP RULES" biasness.

ICP- Older group than Eminem that tries to instigate humor in music, making the seriousness and 'gangsta' setting go stagnant. Such as in their song "Homies" they've represented the rap way to teach a good lesson. the whole song was debated over bias people because it did not talk about drugs or any such stereotypical thing usually talked about when rap is brought up. Overall, they are a good group with a strong following of people, and are among the few exceptions that metal and rock lovers decide to listen to if they ever feel like listening to rap.

Eminem- A legend in his own time. His lyrical content is comparable to Big Daddy Kane( I.E. Rhyming words on their syllables instead of endings like "First place" with "Third Grade"). the mere fact that Eminem is able to pull this off, and has done so for the 8-10 years he's been making records and, sadly, sank into the backround, is incredible alone. His main topics consist of how many people constantly try to put him down, as well as his life growing up and how hard it was, and his current family life. Is he considered a gangster rapper? Absolutely not.

So this begs the question WHY did ICP want to fuck with Eminem when they are usually above such things? One of Eminem's first songs that allowed him to hit it big was The Real Slim Shady. This song was reptitive and considered annoying by other hard working artists.(Interestingly enough, this can also be compared wit hthe fact that many comedians find Dane Cook more annoying than funny, regardless of his strong following.) ICP felt that Eminem was giving white rappers a bad name in his constant shock value couplets and relentless insults to as many people as possible, so they felt it was their place to put him in his.

TiiBag
TiiBag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:38:40 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:33 AM, BigLundi wrote: So this begs the question WHY did ICP want to fuck with Eminem when they are usually above such things? One of Eminem's first songs that allowed him to hit it big was The Real Slim Shady. This song was reptitive and considered annoying by other hard working artists.(Interestingly enough, this can also be compared wit hthe fact that many comedians find Dane Cook more annoying than funny, regardless of his strong following.) ICP felt that Eminem was giving white rappers a bad name in his constant shock value couplets and relentless insults to as many people as possible, so they felt it was their place to put him in his.

Hmm, I remember the place I used to work at, this one guy was all about ICP and he'd put it on the stereo, and the slim shady parody song would play, and it started with something like "Yo eminem you think you can fuck with us?" or something like that. I thought it was referring to how Eminem made fun of them in the Ken Kaniff song, I dunno, I was always too lazy to look into that.

BBS Signature
A12
A12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:41:20 Reply

Rap sucks full stop...

Hi Inferno

BBS Signature
JohnLithium
JohnLithium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:41:36 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:31 AM, SteamTusk wrote: ICP and Slim Shady are made of AIDS and fail. My cure for your affliction is to listen to either Dr. Octagon or Quannum MC's. Ninja Tune; for the win. (bows)

Halfsharkalligatorhalfman...
Half-man; half-shark!

As long as it is only the first Dr. Octagon LP. The new Dr. O album was created using four-year old Kool Keith vocal tracks the record label previously refused to use, using an unknown producer to cobble together tracks. He receives no royalties from the record (which is a shame).
However, Octagonecologyst was a classic in every sense of the word. :)

BBS Signature
BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:45:30 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:26 AM, JohnLithium wrote:
Ah, generalizations: the comfort of assertive statements without the burden of backing it up or supplying contextual evidence.

Isn't that what everyone does? It's the only way to make fun of another group of music or to try and make it look stupid. I'm not agreeing with it, what I did there was just say all the things I hear. As a matter of fact, I listen to ALL those genres and THOROUGHLY enjoy them. I will explain WHY I wrote it in the next rebuttal, look down furthur...

So, of course I can disagree with one and not the other.

No you cannot. If you disagree with one generalization but agree with the others, you are a hypocrite, and by the laws of dicks and douchebags, hypocrites are always wrong. This is the reason I wrote that, because you can't not like one group of music just because you've heard some of its music and feel ALL the music in that genre is just gonna be the same thing, that's just prickish.

Then of course there is music without lyrics...

Dance music, I said I missed some.

But, I digress. Of course, there will be varying levels of exposure to musicians and musical acts, I was merely pointing out that both Eminem and ICP share many of the traits I had previously mentioned, and that they only variated slightly in each phenomenon.

Oooh, look who can use a few big words. Course, neither are a phenomenon(Unexplainable scenarios that confound the mind), they are INSTANCES more...shame on you and a C- in English, study harder. Oh, and they are MUCH different actually, if you took the time to think about it, but you don't care about being fair, so oh well.

Of course, there are plenty of bands which expand beyond the themes which you mentioned above, but then again, when most people cannot comprehend rock beyond Nickelback or rap beyond Eminem or 50 Cent, then you really can't blame them when they claim that music (in their terminology, the 'major music industry') peddles monochromatic, repetitive themes. It is simply the law of supply and demand, as well as a reflection of the consumer culture.

Actually, those two as examples are ironic...seeing as Eminem's majority of songs AREN'T repetitive, or at the very least, no more repetitive than any other genre with their songs. Look at the song he did with his group D-12, "Git Up" which was NOTHING but line after line of awesome rapping. 50 Cent is only ever associated with Eminem because Eminem and Dr. Dre are credited with bringing him into the business...that's all, he doesn't copy their styles or anything, he just KNOWS them.

D3NTATUS
D3NTATUS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:48:00 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:41 AM, A12 wrote: Rap sucks full stop...

not true

case in point:
Aesop Rock
Atmosphere
Blackalicious
Saul Williams
Wu-Tang Clan

BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:48:00 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:38 AM, TiiBag wrote:
Hmm, I remember the place I used to work at, this one guy was all about ICP and he'd put it on the stereo, and the slim shady parody song would play, and it started with something like "Yo eminem you think you can fuck with us?" or something like that. I thought it was referring to how Eminem made fun of them in the Ken Kaniff song, I dunno, I was always too lazy to look into that.

Actually, it starts with "Will the real slim shady please kiss my motherfucking ass?" Followed by, "Yo, you think you're the ONLY white person that can rhyme?" Giving away their motive for bothering with the parody song.

Drugged
Drugged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:48:28 Reply

the beef between ICP and Eminem ended along time ago.

I WANT TO FUCK ON THE FLOOR AND BREAK SHIT

BBS Signature
BigLundi
BigLundi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to ICP vs. Eminem? 2008-03-22 01:52:57 Reply

At 3/22/08 01:48 AM, thatoneguyfromDD wrote: the beef between ICP and Eminem ended along time ago.

Oh I know, I just found their parody song and started to wonder to myself what the hell ever happened. Hell Em's barely rapping anymore for them to fight with. All he's doing nowadays is making cameos in other guy's songs to keep them from sucking completely.