squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Apr. 5th, 2008 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 3/23/08 08:51 PM, Fatchaos wrote: I liked every C&C game I ever played, but for some odd reason, this tactic works in ALL of them:
Build some more Mammoth Tanks! Woo!

What happens if you're playing a game without them?

It's the only way out!

Ledgey
Ledgey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Apr. 5th, 2008 @ 04:36 PM Reply

Need to play Red Alert with someone sometime, best C&C game ever.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature
gufu
gufu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Apr. 5th, 2008 @ 05:20 PM Reply

Well... I like the older games of the series better.
I just want Red Alert to get it's online function back, when Red Alert 3 will come out.
And of course - the moding of Tiberian sun - easiest than any other game, ever. Yet, the results are much better!

Nck91
Nck91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Apr. 6th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM Reply

I was a fan of the series till after Yuris Revenge, as that was when mostly the games started to get rubbish. The Red alert universe has got to be the best, as whats wrong with destroying boats with giant squids, or trying to beat the giant ant missions...

BloodShit
BloodShit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread May. 24th, 2008 @ 08:23 AM Reply

How to Defeat Munich in the 2nd Scrin Mission?

IT'S SHIT HARD!

Vieshka
Vieshka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread May. 27th, 2008 @ 10:17 PM Reply

Yeah, C&C is just beastly overall.

Anybody here gonna beta test RA3; i am

We all know C&C rocked but i gotta say that the original command and conquer saga is the best. Generals is too short lived, and RA was supposed to be a precursor to Tiberium, but it spins off into its own series and well, gets pretty redundant and non-serious [in RA3 you get freaking bears to paradrop and attack enemies (so ive heard), fun but not realistic,] China is involved too, so at least they're up to par with the 3 faction status quo though.

The Tiberium Saga keeps moving forward full steam, with each event more and more in depth than the last. Cant wait for 4. i'm looking forward to see where Nod goes in the universe, if GDI gets demolished by the Scrin, and if the Scrin even come back through the last tower in Italy. Where will they go? Only Kane knows

--Vieshka--

squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 3rd, 2008 @ 07:19 AM Reply

At 5/27/08 10:17 PM, Vieshka wrote: Yeah, C&C is just beastly overall.

Anybody here gonna beta test RA3; i am

Me too!

China is involved too, so at least they're up to par with the 3 faction status quo though.

You mean Japan, and what's up with that 3 faction limit anyway?

It's the only way out!

OmegaTalon
OmegaTalon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 3rd, 2008 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 3/20/08 10:44 PM, McZero wrote: Didn't Like Yuri's Revenge? I think it's the BEST RTS, EVER.

You clearly don't know anything about game balance do you?
Yuri is overpowered to fuck.

My opinions on each game:

C&C was good fun and original the covert ops added some big challenges a great start for a new series.

RA1: One of my favourites, worked out all the bugs and problems with the original, and gave a much needed speed up on the gameplay, although the expansion was only really difficult because of the constant nuke spam on half of the levels, You also get to fight Giant Ants.

Tiberium Sun: would've been a gift from god, if EA didn't buy Westwood and force them to rush the release, which was terribly imbalanced, and by the time the expansion was out, most of the fans were gone or simply didn't buy it.

Renegade: Although FPS isn't what C&C was about, multiplayer was quite fun, especially when there are 5+ tanks on each beating the living shit out of each other.

RA2: good game, but it started to show the end of the series; Yuri's revenge almost instantly switched my liking of the game to pure boredom and anger due to the grave imbalance they somehow never noticed.

Generals: I didn't like this one, at all mostly because Westwood was either fired or placed into EA's strategy game section (I think it was EA-LA), a completely pointless story, and a completely different game, no sidebar and once again, imbalanced, then came Zero Hour, to me, that marked the end of the fun in the game

C&C3 (no expansion): I plain hated it, only thing that I could see that has improved is the graphics, and partially the gameplay, multiplayer was also terrible, only 3-4 units used in any game, and I had yet to see a decent counter to massing Mammoth Tanks.

Sorry everybody, but to me, the series is over, if EA didn't buy the company just to milk another cash cow, I would've easily stayed, and the series could easily match up to better ones like StarCraft.

Also, for anybody who didn't know, most of Westwood has left EA now, and made a new company called PetroGlyph.

DasUberCow
DasUberCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 3rd, 2008 @ 02:43 PM Reply

Ive played a shitload of RTSs but nothing compares to Command and Conquer. Im getting Red Alert 3 for PS3. I hope it works on console!

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 6/3/08 02:43 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Ive played a shitload of RTSs but nothing compares to Command and Conquer. Im getting Red Alert 3 for PS3. I hope it works on console!

You should stick with PC, it will always be better, unless your computer can't handle it.

It's the only way out!

madrox8
madrox8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 3/20/08 10:56 PM, liquidfire666 wrote: tiberium wars was so lame beacuse NOD sucked so much it was way to unbalened it was like GDI had all the good vehicals and ground units and Scin had the greatest aircrafts but NOD had nothing dont you agree

hmm not when i played, i took out 3 teams by myself with 3 flame tanks and the cloaking feild

squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 22nd, 2008 @ 11:24 PM Reply

At 6/22/08 11:02 PM, madrox8 wrote:
At 3/20/08 10:56 PM, liquidfire666 wrote: tiberium wars was so lame beacuse NOD sucked so much it was way to unbalened it was like GDI had all the good vehicals and ground units and Scin had the greatest aircrafts but NOD had nothing dont you agree
hmm not when i played, i took out 3 teams by myself with 3 flame tanks and the cloaking feild

Nod's specialty is raiding.
They come, destroy lots of stuff, and go, recharge, come back, finish it off.

It's the only way out!

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 23rd, 2008 @ 01:51 AM Reply

At 3/20/08 10:40 PM, squidly wrote:
Red Alert: Hello comrade! In this world the Allied pigs have eliminated Hitler from history, so World War 2 never happened, and letting Stalin go on without oposition, made the Mother Land the ultimate power! And so the Cold War takes a new path in this 1970 battle royal between the Soviets, and the Allies.

omg dude.....I can remember playing "Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Retaliation" as a little kid.....

pretty good at it too =)

thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 29th, 2008 @ 01:15 AM Reply

Personally I always loved Red Alert and Tiberian Sun. THose games wrote the book to my childhood (that and Diablo)

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jun. 29th, 2008 @ 01:16 AM Reply

At 4/5/08 04:36 PM, Ledgey wrote: Need to play Red Alert with someone sometime, best C&C game ever.

Ill play you... only problem is that I dont understand the whole thing with the connection... am i retarded?

squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 12th, 2008 @ 07:03 PM Reply

At 6/29/08 01:16 AM, Spikrodd wrote:
At 4/5/08 04:36 PM, Ledgey wrote: Need to play Red Alert with someone sometime, best C&C game ever.
Ill play you... only problem is that I dont understand the whole thing with the connection... am i retarded?

Hadn't all the servers shut down after Westwood closed down?
Or is EA still keeping them up?

It's the only way out!

Del-Toro
Del-Toro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 12th, 2008 @ 07:47 PM Reply

yeah maybe you just cant play them for shit, your not suposed to go head on like with GDI, your supposed to weaken them with stealth then move in with High Tier units.

"Your job is not do die for your country, your job is to see to it that the other son of a bitch dies for HIS country" -General George S. Patton

BBS Signature
KillerClam
KillerClam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 13th, 2008 @ 02:22 PM Reply

I play the original and Red Alert 1 the most.
Every now and then I play Tiberian Sun or Yuri's Revenge

max0rz
max0rz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 13th, 2008 @ 02:52 PM Reply

I played Renegade for awhile on GameSpot but there seemed to be one guy there who had a monopoly on the servers. Naturally I was a good sniper so they accused me of cheating a lot and I was often spending my time appealing bans on his little forum.

The game is dead now, I don't think anybody really uses it but it was an awesome game. If you ask me, the demo was the best online play, the other levels sort of sucked.

{It is not ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests}

BBS Signature
Akradon
Akradon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 13th, 2008 @ 05:27 PM Reply

quick question...on c&c kane wrath..some of the units have larger circles round them..what do they mean? I kno you have the unit selected circle, but then theres a larger one. hope you know what I mean

Gamertag: Akradon

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 13th, 2008 @ 05:41 PM Reply

i think generals is the best the tiberium one is too futurey but i do like jet packs
( .)_( )
( O.O )
( . )
''''''''''''''''

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
danwolves
danwolves
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 13th, 2008 @ 06:40 PM Reply

C&C was awesome when Westwood still owned it. But I still love them. Got a trial code from Kane's Wrath when I bought it for Red Alert, should really register with it soon =P. Looking forward to it.

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 13th, 2008 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 7/13/08 05:27 PM, Akradon wrote: quick question...on c&c kane wrath..some of the units have larger circles round them..what do they mean? I kno you have the unit selected circle, but then theres a larger one. hope you know what I mean

Area of influence or range of effect.
Units like the purifier give a inspirational boost to infantry around them.

It's the only way out!

TheWolfe
TheWolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 14th, 2008 @ 01:05 AM Reply

At 3/20/08 11:04 PM, Heinrich wrote: I bought a collection of command and conquer games from EB Games for $10.

I got:
-Red Alert 2
-Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

God i wish i could play Red Alert again. It only works on windows 98 though, and i have an xp, soon to be vista

is there no way around this???

RAWR.

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 14th, 2008 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 7/14/08 01:05 AM, TheWolfe wrote: God i wish i could play Red Alert again. It only works on windows 98 though, and i have an xp, soon to be vista

is there no way around this???

I heard that you can:
Right click.
Run as Administrator.

It's the only way out!

TheWolfe
TheWolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 14th, 2008 @ 10:38 PM Reply

I heard that you can:
Right click.
Run as Administrator.

I own my own laptop, therefore i AM the admin...i dont see how that solves the problem of the game only running on windows 98 and i have XP

RAWR.

BBS Signature
Ssilver7
Ssilver7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 14th, 2008 @ 11:01 PM Reply

Tiberium Sun would have to be the game out of the series with the most hours put in from me, most of which were online back in the days when it was active. Some of those mod maps with extreme amounts of money and base walls took forever. NOD with their stealth and artilleray had a clear advantage if they weren't stomped quickly.

I've been playing C&C since the first release though. Never eneded up buying the original Red Alert but I borrowed it from the video store that many times and played it at a mates house. I did however get RA: Retaliation which was pretty sweet. I also have all of the other titles, but not their expansions except for Firestorm.

Looking forward to RA3, the bears look like an addition awesome considering that Stalin experimented with a lot of that sort of stuff.

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 15th, 2008 @ 12:03 AM Reply

At 7/14/08 10:38 PM, TheWolfe wrote:
I heard that you can:
Right click.
Run as Administrator.
I own my own laptop, therefore i AM the admin...i dont see how that solves the problem of the game only running on windows 98 and i have XP

You have to run it as the administrator.
It's forcing the program to run, it's saying "I AM THE OWNER OF THIS COMPUTER, YOU WILL DO AS I COMMAND, NO MATTER WHAT MY COMPUTER IS!"

Or you can get the Ps1 port, I think there is somebody working on PSP port too.

It's the only way out!

jimmythehedgehog
jimmythehedgehog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 15th, 2008 @ 12:14 AM Reply

ive got...
Red Alert 1
Red Alert 2
Yuri's Revenge
Genreals
Tiberian sun
Firestorm
but i am sorta bored with the C&C series....
im into COD4 at the moment....

Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard.

BBS Signature
Patonki
Patonki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Command & Conquer thread Jul. 16th, 2008 @ 04:40 AM Reply

At 7/15/08 12:14 AM, jimmythehedgehog wrote: ive got...
Red Alert 1
Red Alert 2
Yuri's Revenge
Genreals
Tiberian sun
Firestorm
but i am sorta bored with the C&C series....
im into COD4 at the moment....

You should try Command and Conquer it's the best one out of the series.

On the quest to rid this world from World of Warcraft
My Newgrounds account ---- Command and Conquer Crew ---- Computer Construction Crew

BBS Signature