00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Command & Conquer thread

10,534 Views | 118 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 17:32:43

Hey guys, anybody up for a match in Zero:Hour? 1v1 or 2v2. Anyone?

|NG Is Dead|

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 18:01:07

At 3/23/08 05:32 PM, Phantox wrote: Hey guys, anybody up for a match in Zero:Hour? 1v1 or 2v2. Anyone?

Sorry, don't have it.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 18:02:49

im playing that on my n64 emulator it is good but alittle bit harder

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 19:32:51

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 19:43:08

At 3/20/08 10:44 PM, McZero wrote: Didn't Like Yuri's Revenge? I think it's the BEST RTS, EVER.

It is the best, still is, nothing can ever better it.

Now known as: StupibleThwomp

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 20:32:55

At 3/23/08 07:32 PM, squidly wrote: Fan made tribute which I find good, the people who made it got talent.

Man, I remember that game. Took hours out of my life. I realy loved how they brought new life to renegade, it gave me a reason to still have it around.

I wonder why I don't still play it... Oh yeah, fucking demo truck whores.

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 20:48:32

Does anybody else really miss Tech Levels? I liked playing a game with no planes or super weapons. I also miss the practical weapons (mostly) in the older 2D non-iso games. But the new ones have the benefits of better controls, still I prefer the first few. I even like the old graphics better.

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 20:51:24

I liked every C&C game I ever played, but for some odd reason, this tactic works in ALL of them:
Build some more Mammoth Tanks! Woo!

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 21:22:00

At 3/23/08 08:48 PM, MCSMstudios wrote: I even like the old graphics better.

Red Alerts 2D cartoonish 3D graphics where amazing!

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-23 21:29:03

I think renegade let down the series a bit...

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-24 20:48:47

At 3/23/08 08:48 PM, MCSMstudios wrote: Does anybody else really miss Tech Levels? I liked playing a game with no planes or super weapons. I also miss the practical weapons (mostly) in the older 2D non-iso games. But the new ones have the benefits of better controls, still I prefer the first few. I even like the old graphics better.

Lol, tech level one. I agree about the graphics too. They rocked. Especially when put in 1024x768.

Stop looking

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-25 18:29:02

At 3/24/08 08:48 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 3/23/08 08:48 PM, MCSMstudios wrote: Does anybody else really miss Tech Levels? I liked playing a game with no planes or super weapons. I also miss the practical weapons (mostly) in the older 2D non-iso games. But the new ones have the benefits of better controls, still I prefer the first few. I even like the old graphics better.
Lol, tech level one. I agree about the graphics too. They rocked. Especially when put in 1024x768.

Tech level one pissed me off, you couldn't do anything!
And now if you do build a superweapon online, chances are you're gonna get some guy really pissed and they will annihilate you and use your head as a trophy.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-26 03:21:55

I love command and conquer, I was a big fan of Red Alert when I was a little one, maybe when I was 7 years old I started to become a "Pro" I used to think my battle plan before I went to destroy the enemy base, usually...I did this...

1) Build lots of refineries, maybe 2 and start collecting the multi-colored minerals
2) Build troops and just get them in a perimeter around my base to prevent attacks
3) Build power stations, then I would pull back the troops and start building defensive turrets around my base

4) Send the troops to my enemies base to distract them, usually, the battle would last 5 mins, enough for me to...

STAGE TWO: Launching an attack

1) Build troops, tanks
2) Have them scout out areas for my secondary bases, I usually have 5 on a map at one time... :D
3) Begin to mass build troops from those bases and send all out raids to the enemy.

Yes...I could end a match in 30 minutes, shame I lost my red alert CD :|

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-26 09:32:43

Kane's Wrath. Period.

Hoo-RAH.

NOD FTW.

Too many things that i want to put here.

So i am putting this instead.

Everybody. Please note. We are human. Every single one. All of us.

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-26 17:56:01

My strategy goes as follows:
1. Build a crane.
2. Assign the crane to an ore refinery and the original base to a barracks.
2. Assign another ore factory and build a war factory.
3. Build another crane, an MCV, 2 harvesters, and an ore factory.
4. Make myself invisable (Disrupter towers, Nod only.
5. Build tons of venoms or orcas or whatever scrin use.
6. More ore factories, special structures, and MCV's.
7. Mass produce EVERY BUILDING!
8. Capture tiberium spikes (if I haven't already.)
9. If not on a massive scale multiplayer match build superweapon.
10. Invade a weak enemy and capture base (or destroy and send MCV there.)
11. Destroy the world.

Usually my strategy is counter stratigafied by the "OMG RUSH LOL" strategy which I usually defend myself against pretty good, unless the nukes start getting launched.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-29 21:00:45

At 3/26/08 09:32 AM, xcs-the-mad-fan wrote: Kane's Wrath. Period.

Hoo-RAH.

NOD FTW.

The reviews begged to differ.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-29 21:41:06

Tiberian Sun/Firestorm are my Favorite C&C games to this day.

Insert signature here.

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-03-30 10:33:41

At 3/29/08 09:30 PM, H-K-S wrote: I have C&C 3 and the one thing I like is building an empire in some shitty place and having 20 orca pads ready to rape my enemy to the ground.

So you like rushing right?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-04-05 16:31:24

At 3/23/08 08:51 PM, Fatchaos wrote: I liked every C&C game I ever played, but for some odd reason, this tactic works in ALL of them:
Build some more Mammoth Tanks! Woo!

What happens if you're playing a game without them?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-04-05 16:36:16

Need to play Red Alert with someone sometime, best C&C game ever.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-04-05 17:20:35

Well... I like the older games of the series better.
I just want Red Alert to get it's online function back, when Red Alert 3 will come out.
And of course - the moding of Tiberian sun - easiest than any other game, ever. Yet, the results are much better!

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-04-06 10:48:35

I was a fan of the series till after Yuris Revenge, as that was when mostly the games started to get rubbish. The Red alert universe has got to be the best, as whats wrong with destroying boats with giant squids, or trying to beat the giant ant missions...

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-05-24 08:23:59

How to Defeat Munich in the 2nd Scrin Mission?

IT'S SHIT HARD!

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-05-27 22:17:27

Yeah, C&C is just beastly overall.

Anybody here gonna beta test RA3; i am

We all know C&C rocked but i gotta say that the original command and conquer saga is the best. Generals is too short lived, and RA was supposed to be a precursor to Tiberium, but it spins off into its own series and well, gets pretty redundant and non-serious [in RA3 you get freaking bears to paradrop and attack enemies (so ive heard), fun but not realistic,] China is involved too, so at least they're up to par with the 3 faction status quo though.

The Tiberium Saga keeps moving forward full steam, with each event more and more in depth than the last. Cant wait for 4. i'm looking forward to see where Nod goes in the universe, if GDI gets demolished by the Scrin, and if the Scrin even come back through the last tower in Italy. Where will they go? Only Kane knows

--Vieshka--

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-03 07:19:15

At 5/27/08 10:17 PM, Vieshka wrote: Yeah, C&C is just beastly overall.

Anybody here gonna beta test RA3; i am

Me too!

China is involved too, so at least they're up to par with the 3 faction status quo though.

You mean Japan, and what's up with that 3 faction limit anyway?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-03 14:40:13

At 3/20/08 10:44 PM, McZero wrote: Didn't Like Yuri's Revenge? I think it's the BEST RTS, EVER.

You clearly don't know anything about game balance do you?
Yuri is overpowered to fuck.

My opinions on each game:

C&C was good fun and original the covert ops added some big challenges a great start for a new series.

RA1: One of my favourites, worked out all the bugs and problems with the original, and gave a much needed speed up on the gameplay, although the expansion was only really difficult because of the constant nuke spam on half of the levels, You also get to fight Giant Ants.

Tiberium Sun: would've been a gift from god, if EA didn't buy Westwood and force them to rush the release, which was terribly imbalanced, and by the time the expansion was out, most of the fans were gone or simply didn't buy it.

Renegade: Although FPS isn't what C&C was about, multiplayer was quite fun, especially when there are 5+ tanks on each beating the living shit out of each other.

RA2: good game, but it started to show the end of the series; Yuri's revenge almost instantly switched my liking of the game to pure boredom and anger due to the grave imbalance they somehow never noticed.

Generals: I didn't like this one, at all mostly because Westwood was either fired or placed into EA's strategy game section (I think it was EA-LA), a completely pointless story, and a completely different game, no sidebar and once again, imbalanced, then came Zero Hour, to me, that marked the end of the fun in the game

C&C3 (no expansion): I plain hated it, only thing that I could see that has improved is the graphics, and partially the gameplay, multiplayer was also terrible, only 3-4 units used in any game, and I had yet to see a decent counter to massing Mammoth Tanks.

Sorry everybody, but to me, the series is over, if EA didn't buy the company just to milk another cash cow, I would've easily stayed, and the series could easily match up to better ones like StarCraft.

Also, for anybody who didn't know, most of Westwood has left EA now, and made a new company called PetroGlyph.

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-03 14:43:40

Ive played a shitload of RTSs but nothing compares to Command and Conquer. Im getting Red Alert 3 for PS3. I hope it works on console!

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-22 22:57:21

At 6/3/08 02:43 PM, DasUberCow wrote: Ive played a shitload of RTSs but nothing compares to Command and Conquer. Im getting Red Alert 3 for PS3. I hope it works on console!

You should stick with PC, it will always be better, unless your computer can't handle it.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-22 23:02:15

At 3/20/08 10:56 PM, liquidfire666 wrote: tiberium wars was so lame beacuse NOD sucked so much it was way to unbalened it was like GDI had all the good vehicals and ground units and Scin had the greatest aircrafts but NOD had nothing dont you agree

hmm not when i played, i took out 3 teams by myself with 3 flame tanks and the cloaking feild

Response to Command & Conquer thread 2008-06-22 23:24:37

At 6/22/08 11:02 PM, madrox8 wrote:
At 3/20/08 10:56 PM, liquidfire666 wrote: tiberium wars was so lame beacuse NOD sucked so much it was way to unbalened it was like GDI had all the good vehicals and ground units and Scin had the greatest aircrafts but NOD had nothing dont you agree
hmm not when i played, i took out 3 teams by myself with 3 flame tanks and the cloaking feild

Nod's specialty is raiding.
They come, destroy lots of stuff, and go, recharge, come back, finish it off.

Click the Squid -> 🦑