I love command and conquer, I was a big fan of Red Alert when I was a little one, maybe when I was 7 years old I started to become a "Pro" I used to think my battle plan before I went to destroy the enemy base, usually...I did this...
1) Build lots of refineries, maybe 2 and start collecting the multi-colored minerals
2) Build troops and just get them in a perimeter around my base to prevent attacks
3) Build power stations, then I would pull back the troops and start building defensive turrets around my base
4) Send the troops to my enemies base to distract them, usually, the battle would last 5 mins, enough for me to...
STAGE TWO: Launching an attack
1) Build troops, tanks
2) Have them scout out areas for my secondary bases, I usually have 5 on a map at one time... :D
3) Begin to mass build troops from those bases and send all out raids to the enemy.
Yes...I could end a match in 30 minutes, shame I lost my red alert CD :|