New Topic Respond to this Topic
Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 22:02:26 Reply

At 3/16/08 09:42 PM, As-Soul wrote: well, i have to say, i fucking hate every piece in this thread, never the less it's well done, but very obviouse you drew from pictures/ads from magazines, not from life. the pieces lack breath. annoying content, but well exicuted.

excuse you, but every piece in this thread was indeed NOT drawn from ads and pictures, they do NOT lack breath, and are NOT annoying. in fact you assuming these things without knowing anything at all is annoying. tell me, how many pictures on this thread were drawn from life? the majority of things on here are cartoonish, or catoon-esque, which makes them fantastic.
I know they're well done, and I don't need someone like you telling me this.
learn to spell, little boy.

BBS Signature
As-Soul
As-Soul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-16 23:49:53 Reply

a little arrogant there young lady, i'm just trying to say the content is a little boring and looks like every other high school girls work in the entire USA

UMREE
UMREE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:02:15 Reply

At 3/16/08 11:49 PM, As-Soul wrote: a little arrogant there young lady, i'm just trying to say the content is a little boring and looks like every other high school girls work in the entire USA

originality is hard to come by but that is not reason to insult her.

KittyKat87
KittyKat87
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:06:46 Reply

At 3/16/08 11:49 PM, As-Soul wrote: a little arrogant there young lady, i'm just trying to say the content is a little boring and looks like every other high school girls work in the entire USA

Her stuff is 10x better than anything I've ever seem from any girl in my high school. It doesn't look anything like my style, and I was in high school. You can't say that kind of stuff, arse wipe, because you know it's not true. If you don't like it, GTFO the thread.

ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:08:59 Reply

At 3/15/08 11:33 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: this is a more cartooney thing I drew. his name is freddy ^^

lol it looks like a chick.

And Basicsunshine, you asked for criticism. You have to accept all critics from everyone then. People here aren't going to be arrogant and express different opinions to be annoying. They're going to be honest.

And many people here are great artists and will find ways to tear your artwork apart by pointing out as many faults as they can. You may think that sucks but if you listen to them and try to work on your revealed faults, you'll probably find you'll be a much better artist and will enjoy it more.

So yeah, if you're going to ask for criticism, accept all of them in a mature way. Your complaining post was really pathetic and made you look like an idiot. Don't do it again unless you want to keep looking like an idiot.

I like the pic of Freddy - its cute, but the rest of artwork here, I'm not too big on. They look detailed but again kind of ugly. I like your simple work more. Keep working at it though and definitely keep trying on detailed style. You don't want to just stay around a simple style for your whole life.

And UMREE, As-Soul did not insult her at all. He just expressed his thoughts on her artwork. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. ;)

BBS Signature
supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:15:11 Reply

At 3/16/08 10:02 PM, Basicsunshine wrote:
At 3/16/08 09:42 PM, As-Soul wrote: well, i have to say, i fucking hate every piece in this thread, never the less it's well done, but very obviouse you drew from pictures/ads from magazines, not from life. the pieces lack breath. annoying content, but well exicuted.

"I fucking hate every peice in this thread!" Nope, not insulting at all lmao, and i quote, "arse wipe" (unquote)

Check out my Art Forum!!!

BBS Signature
Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:23:38 Reply

At 3/17/08 12:08 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 3/15/08 11:33 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: this is a more cartooney thing I drew. his name is freddy ^^
lol it looks like a chick.

And Basicsunshine, you asked for criticism. You have to accept all critics from everyone then. People here aren't going to be arrogant and express different opinions to be annoying. They're going to be honest.

And many people here are great artists and will find ways to tear your artwork apart by pointing out as many faults as they can. You may think that sucks but if you listen to them and try to work on your revealed faults, you'll probably find you'll be a much better artist and will enjoy it more.

So yeah, if you're going to ask for criticism, accept all of them in a mature way. Your complaining post was really pathetic and made you look like an idiot. Don't do it again unless you want to keep looking like an idiot.

I like the pic of Freddy - its cute, but the rest of artwork here, I'm not too big on. They look detailed but again kind of ugly. I like your simple work more. Keep working at it though and definitely keep trying on detailed style. You don't want to just stay around a simple style for your whole life.

And UMREE, As-Soul did not insult her at all. He just expressed his thoughts on her artwork. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. ;)

how is "i fucking hate all your work" helpful critisism? umree, and kittykat 87, thankyou for the support. he did indeed not need to insult me like that. how has he been more mature than me? you really don't think I haven't dealt with critisism? I've been critiqued by some of the greatest art teachers in the state of PA. this was not critisism, it was an attack. I'm not going to rollover because you think I sound like an idiot.

BBS Signature
Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:25:30 Reply

excuse you, but every piece in this thread was indeed NOT drawn from ads and pictures

maybe an unfair assumption

they do NOT lack breath, and are NOT annoying.

Both of these points are just his opinion, so you can't really say they don't or aren't...

in fact you assuming these things without knowing anything at all is annoying. tell me, how many pictures on this thread were drawn from life?
the majority of things on here are cartoonish, or catoon-esque

are they? there's three realistic pictures and a cartoon picture...

which makes them fantastic.

are you talking about your own stuff here? or did you mean the forum and stuff other people draw? because if you meant your own stuff...that's pompous

um...so you get pissed off at his opinion when he's not insulting you, and then you say you don't need other people to tell you if your art is well done... pompous on pompous?

ok so he made spelling mistakes...but he's a year older than you... you're filling in the 16 year old girl stereotype even more with what you're saying. Learn to take opinions as opinions and to take criticism, most of the praise here is probably shallow. He's coming from somewhere saying this stuff, not just saying it to piss you off.

At 3/17/08 12:15 AM, supery9 wrote: "I fucking hate every peice in this thread!" Nope, not insulting at all lmao, and i quote, "arse wipe" (unquote)

whups! you don't know what an insult is. He didn't say you suck as an artist, he didn't say your art sucks shit, he said he hates it, but that it's well done, that's just the way it rubs him, not an insult.

BBS Signature
ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:27:15 Reply

At 3/17/08 12:15 AM, supery9 wrote: "I fucking hate every peice in this thread!" Nope, not insulting at all lmao, and i quote, "arse wipe" (unquote)

It's not. So, he swore and said he hates it. He obviously fucking hates the artwork here haha. That's not very insulting - he's just being honest. What's wrong with different opinions on art? This is what I would call insulting:

"I fucking hate every peice in this thread you motherfucking cocksucking faggot!"

As-Soul didn't say that. He didn't even call her anything, just a simple "i fucking hate ever peice in this thread" haha. And the pictures do look like something similar to pictures in a magazine, whether they are or not. I don't really care. Reference pictures are always good to use.

So, As-Soul did nothing wrong in expressing his thoughts. You guys don't need to flame him because he accused her of copying magazine art or whatever. It's not like she's making any profit out of her art here.

Now, Basicsunshine, show us some more work. You're going to be a great artist if you keep it up. And guys, keep the flame down. ;)

BBS Signature
supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:29:26 Reply

Sunshine I supported you to :3 lol but ya I still say if he has an opinion and its mean he can keep it to himself..."If you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all you tard! *slap*!" as my dad used to say..lol jk but ya

BBS Signature
supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:30:36 Reply

Shortmonkey, he didn;t have to point out how much he hated it! so yes, very well then, im boreed

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:42:46 Reply

'Aight, before this little bit of nastiness turns into an ugly flame war and ruins your thread, you need to step back and kind of dissociate a bit from your art. Your art isn't you, pointing out flaws or the overall lack of visual appeal of your art is not an attack on you as a person or an artist. I don't particularly care for what you've done aesthetically, but technically it is quite good for a person of your age, you do need to work on your hands and eyes, but you probably know this already.

Anyway, criticism can be harsh, you need to grow a thick skin and learn to take it or you won't be able to improve.

Let's not escalate the argument any further.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:43:49 Reply

At 3/17/08 12:25 AM, Coaly wrote:
excuse you, but every piece in this thread was indeed NOT drawn from ads and pictures
maybe an unfair assumption
they do NOT lack breath, and are NOT annoying.
Both of these points are just his opinion, so you can't really say they don't or aren't...
in fact you assuming these things without knowing anything at all is annoying. tell me, how many pictures on this thread were drawn from life?
the majority of things on here are cartoonish, or catoon-esque
are they? there's three realistic pictures and a cartoon picture...
which makes them fantastic.
are you talking about your own stuff here? or did you mean the forum and stuff other people draw? because if you meant your own stuff...that's pompous
um...so you get pissed off at his opinion when he's not insulting you, and then you say you don't need other people to tell you if your art is well done... pompous on pompous?
ok so he made spelling mistakes...but he's a year older than you... you're filling in the 16 year old girl stereotype even more with what you're saying. Learn to take opinions as opinions and to take criticism, most of the praise here is probably shallow. He's coming from somewhere saying this stuff, not just saying it to piss you off.

whups! you don't know what an insult is. He didn't say you suck as an artist, he didn't say your art sucks shit, he said he hates it, but that it's well done, that's just the way it rubs him, not an insult.

I still agree with supery9. I meant the art in the forum. my work isn't 100%realistic either. his maturity level was at 12. making him, a little boy.
maybe I overreacted slightly. but I'm not the type to tolerate anything like he said. real critiques are the ones on the first page. He allowed his opinions to override his objectivity, resulting in inappropriate critique.
I want this to end. now. because anymore, and I'm going to cry.
here's more flipping art.
done in marker.

Basicsunshine's art. :3

BBS Signature
supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 00:49:48 Reply

You did that in marker? Nice. My critisizm is: The legs are a little to straight, and the folds in the shirt are a little big looking, but overall: 8.5/10 lol. My favorite is still the first one

BBS Signature
SirSeraphdeFallen
SirSeraphdeFallen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:01:44 Reply

I like you work. I has a graffiti style to it. keep up the great work.

Evil spelled backwards is Live and we all want to do that now don't we.
Deny the big lie, don't beLIEve and don't conform.

BBS Signature
supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:05:26 Reply

Ya but when you post you should say how long it took you, thats a big thing. And I love (not the gay kind) the background lawl. And yes, very graffiti

BBS Signature
Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:17:34 Reply

At 3/17/08 01:01 AM, SirSeraphdeFallen wrote: I like you work. I has a graffiti style to it. keep up the great work.

thanks :3 I never heard that before, but I'm totally cool with it!

BBS Signature
Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:19:53 Reply

At 3/17/08 01:05 AM, supery9 wrote: Ya but when you post you should say how long it took you, thats a big thing. And I love (not the gay kind) the background lawl. And yes, very graffiti

lol. oh yeah, I forgots. ^^; it took me about two hours. thanks :3
and I never noticed how the folds in the shirts are too big, thanks for pointing that out! ^^

BBS Signature
ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:25:28 Reply

At 3/17/08 12:43 AM, Basicsunshine wrote: done in marker.

Now that picture I really like. In these comments, when I say right and left, I mean on YOUR right and left:

As said before, the legs are too straight... the face's are way over lighted and shaded. And there's a little leaf on the brown haired girl. Nice touch. Love the hair shapes.

The right elbow on the right girl should be be more curved like the other elbow. It's a good idea to keep a same style throughout the whole thing. The curved elbow looks much better in this case. :)

On the right girl, where there is the line of the head which is in front of the neck, I'd suggest to delete a bit of that line to look more natural so it looks like the neck connects to the head, not like the head is on top/in front of the neck. On the left girl, the left shoulder is too far from the neck. Looks a bit... eeky lol.

Overall, I really like it. Just a few fixes needed but really, it's great!

BBS Signature
Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:32:40 Reply

At 3/17/08 01:25 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 3/17/08 12:43 AM, Basicsunshine wrote: done in marker.
Now that picture I really like. In these comments, when I say right and left, I mean on YOUR right and left:

As said before, the legs are too straight... the face's are way over lighted and shaded. And there's a little leaf on the brown haired girl. Nice touch. Love the hair shapes.

The right elbow on the right girl should be be more curved like the other elbow. It's a good idea to keep a same style throughout the whole thing. The curved elbow looks much better in this case. :)

On the right girl, where there is the line of the head which is in front of the neck, I'd suggest to delete a bit of that line to look more natural so it looks like the neck connects to the head, not like the head is on top/in front of the neck. On the left girl, the left shoulder is too far from the neck. Looks a bit... eeky lol.

Overall, I really like it. Just a few fixes needed but really, it's great!

thanks so much! lol, your so right. next time I draw in this style, I'll deffintley keep what you said in mind. I mean, everything you said was spot on. amazing.
lol, the one on the left is a boy XD he's just very femme. lol, very eeky.
thanks again, -Becki :3

BBS Signature
supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:33:33 Reply

now that critisizm wow...

BBS Signature
KittyKat87
KittyKat87
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:37:35 Reply

Heh, the only bad thing I have to say about that last one is the girl with the green sweater appears to only have one boob. It's just bugging me. =P Otherwise, great picture.

supery9
supery9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 01:41:19 Reply

And that "one boob" is a bit disfigured lawl...

BBS Signature
ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 02:15:29 Reply

At 3/17/08 01:32 AM, Basicsunshine wrote: lol, the one on the left is a boy XD he's just very femme. lol, very eeky.
thanks again, -Becki :3

haha that makes him twice as eeky. You're welcome.

And, I don't think that's a breast, guys. I think it's part of the coat...

BBS Signature
Razac
Razac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 12:52:10 Reply

all of them! :P

BBS Signature
Razac
Razac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 12:56:01 Reply

oh my... to save myself from looking like a total retard the post above was intended for your last post on the previous page, I forgot there was another page >.< the post makes no sense now : \

BBS Signature
MindChamber
MindChamber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 18:09:37 Reply

At 3/17/08 12:43 AM, Basicsunshine wrote: here's more flipping art.
done in marker.

I really love the colors in this one. the lighting and shines on the hair and face give it a funky beboy feel.
this one also as the best sense of volume, as the characters look round and have dimension.
So of the portraits don't.. I'm assuming you drawing the portraits one section at a time instead of blocking out the shape? anyways they all rock, for the most part you know your colors, and if you could nail the anatomy and sense of volume your work will go far.

gluck.

Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 20:19:57 Reply

At 3/17/08 06:09 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 3/17/08 12:43 AM, Basicsunshine wrote: here's more flipping art.
done in marker.
I really love the colors in this one. the lighting and shines on the hair and face give it a funky beboy feel.
this one also as the best sense of volume, as the characters look round and have dimension.
So of the portraits don't.. I'm assuming you drawing the portraits one section at a time instead of blocking out the shape? anyways they all rock, for the most part you know your colors, and if you could nail the anatomy and sense of volume your work will go far.

gluck.

thanks a bunch :3 yeah, portraits is still new to me, but I super appreciate the advice. I used to do anime ALL THE TIME, lol. but what do you mean by blocking out the shape exactly?
-Becki

BBS Signature
Basicsunshine
Basicsunshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 20:22:04 Reply

At 3/17/08 01:37 AM, KittyKat87 wrote: Heh, the only bad thing I have to say about that last one is the girl with the green sweater appears to only have one boob. It's just bugging me. =P Otherwise, great picture.

lolol, yeah it's only one boob. I tried to shade it so it looked like there was another one, but no luck. ahahaa, sorry it's bugging you. I've gotten other remarks about that too XD it made sense when I was drawing it! lol.

BBS Signature
crabwich
crabwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Basicsunshine's art. :3 2008-03-17 20:31:03 Reply

At 3/15/08 11:24 PM, Basicsunshine wrote: haay, super new here, but I love art, so here's some of my stuffs! ^^
this one is done in oil paint......and took a few days.......and is one of my favorites :3 thoughts? critisism? -Becki

i really like this one.
the shirt and glasses remind me of Johnny Depp in Blow.