00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dieswyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Worst Brawl/Melee Character.

7,592 Views | 117 Replies

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 06:36:23

At 3/15/08 11:12 PM, Darkside7000 wrote:
I have to say Ganandorf and Young Link were a bit of a joke, I hope Ganandorf gets a much better moveset in Brawl and Young Link is a bit more useful. Also, Pichu and Jiggly. Yeah, yeah, Jiggly has that awesome rest move but I honestly couldn't give a shit.

Young Link, are you joking? He was better than normal Link, I agree with Ganandorf, but Young Link.

Also Why the FUCK is ROY not on Brawl he is better than half the characters on there.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 06:39:10

Brawl is a rubbish game though I'd much rather play Spyro or something fun like that !!!!~'

dddd

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 06:42:33

At 3/16/08 06:39 AM, EnglishClock wrote: Brawl is a rubbish game though I'd much rather play Spyro or something fun like that !!!!~'

Spyro? What are you 7? im sure Brawl cant be thatbad.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 07:18:04

Nah Brawl is a piece of crap I mean rly cmon gameplay terrible graphics terrible anythin else terrible dunno how they could make melee so much worse you should man up a bit punk and play some pokemon yellow or something great like that

dddd

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 07:43:32

At 3/16/08 06:36 AM, LampFace wrote:
At 3/15/08 11:12 PM, Darkside7000 wrote:
I have to say Ganandorf and Young Link were a bit of a joke, I hope Ganandorf gets a much better moveset in Brawl and Young Link is a bit more useful. Also, Pichu and Jiggly. Yeah, yeah, Jiggly has that awesome rest move but I honestly couldn't give a shit.
Young Link, are you joking? He was better than normal Link, I agree with Ganandorf, but Young Link.

Also Why the FUCK is ROY not on Brawl he is better than half the characters on there.

Because Ike is so much more pwnage than Roy. Ike is insanely powerful. That, and his final smash is fun to watch.
Seriously. All of the characters are good! You just need to know how to use them. You have to understand their strengths and weaknesses and use them to your advantage. Though... Diddy Kong is really hard to use, IMO. And Pichu wasn't that great compared to Pikachu.
Wolf, Ike, Mario, Toon Link, Bowser, Ice Climbers, and Pikachu owwwwn in Brawl. Plus I <3 Captain Falcon's new reverse Falcon Punch. So useful!

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 08:40:46

At 3/16/08 06:39 AM, EnglishClock wrote: Brawl is a rubbish game though I'd much rather play Spyro or something fun like that !!!!~'

Your only mad that you dont have it yet in England.

I kick everybodys ass's with Peach, they never expect it, plus, they all keep saying to each other "dont let Peach get the Smash ball" because its anoying to them.

Im good at other charicters too, Link and Samus for example, I once got the smash ball as link with one well placed arrow shot half way across the stage and pwned all three of my oppononents at once. (I hit one and the other two were just standing around next to it thinking it would only hurt my target, but then SMASH! all 3 went flying!

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 09:16:52

At 3/16/08 07:43 AM, Madmanonfire wrote:
At 3/16/08 06:36 AM, LampFace wrote:

Because Ike is so much more pwnage than Roy. Ike is insanely powerful. That, and his final smash is fun to watch.
Seriously. All of the characters are good! You just need to know how to use them. You have to understand their strengths and weaknesses and use them to your advantage. Though... Diddy Kong is really hard to use, IMO. And Pichu wasn't that great compared to Pikachu.
Wolf, Ike, Mario, Toon Link, Bowser, Ice Climbers, and Pikachu owwwwn in Brawl. Plus I <3 Captain Falcon's new reverse Falcon Punch. So useful!

I dont know if Ike is better than Roy, even if he is i still think Roy should be on it i mean fire blade so powerful he hurt himself i know a bit like Pichu but 3 times better. Not every character is good there are usaully 6 good ones 2 or 3 crap ones and the rest are just average.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 09:21:20

I would say JiggilyPuff because she is a character i could really never master.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 09:51:05

At 3/16/08 09:21 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: I would say JiggilyPuff because she is a character i could really never master.

And yet somehow she has been in all 3 games.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 10:06:33

Average characters for the average player. Good characters for the skilled player.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 10:06:57

Chuck Norris is the only good Brawl character.

He isnt in it? Fuck that, he jumps right into the screen and roundhouse kicks all those pansy asses when he plays it.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 10:08:51

Jigglypuff is the worst. I don't know why they keep him in there.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 10:09:56

At 3/16/08 10:06 AM, Madmanonfire wrote: Average characters for the average player. Good characters for the skilled player.

No like i said before some good some crap and rest average.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 10:21:38

I was pretty dissapointed with Metaknight, even though he had good attacks and such his reach and return wasn't too great. In melee probably Ganondorf considering he was just a slower clone of Captain Falcon, and of course Pichu.

In internet years i'm dead. *click sig to zoom zoom*

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 10:23:48

At 3/15/08 04:59 PM, LampFace wrote: Have a go with Ness he is crap.

i agree with you 100%. i HATE Ness and in brawl Lucas.

If you dont think you're awesome, then you fucking suck!

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 10:24:28

At 3/16/08 10:21 AM, WooldoorSockbat wrote: I was pretty dissapointed with Metaknight, even though he had good attacks and such his reach and return wasn't too great. In melee probably Ganondorf considering he was just a slower clone of Captain Falcon, and of course Pichu.

Yeah Ganandorf was in the crapest 4 or 5.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 11:25:12

I love how the list you guys are giving is comprised of everybody in Brawl except only a few characters.

SON OF BITCH AMERICAN

AMERICAN IS PIG

DO YOU WANT A HAMBURGER? DO YOU WANT A PIZZA?

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 11:34:50

I would have to say Dr. Mario for Melee, and Lucario for Brawl.

HELLO

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 11:43:58

At 3/16/08 10:24 AM, LampFace wrote:
At 3/16/08 10:21 AM, WooldoorSockbat wrote: I was pretty dissapointed with Metaknight, even though he had good attacks and such his reach and return wasn't too great. In melee probably Ganondorf considering he was just a slower clone of Captain Falcon, and of course Pichu.
Yeah Ganandorf was in the crapest 4 or 5.

If Ganondorf was a crappy character, I wouldn't be good with him. Wait a second, this just in! I own all my friends with Ganondorf! This can't be... unless it depends on the skill of the player, not the character! Oh my gosh!

So yeah, like Bonus said, it depends on the skill of the player that determines if a character is "good". Heck, Bowser is a wicked character, if you know how to use him. The way I see it, tiers are just an excuse used when you don't have enough skill to master a character. The top tier characters are the easist to master, perfect for noobs. The lower tiers require more skill and training, but once you get good enough, you can own higher tier characters.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 11:49:19

At 3/16/08 11:43 AM, Madmanonfire wrote: If Ganondorf was a crappy character, I wouldn't be good with him. Wait a second, this just in! I own all my friends with Ganondorf! This can't be... unless it depends on the skill of the player, not the character! Oh my gosh!

So yeah, like Bonus said, it depends on the skill of the player that determines if a character is "good". Heck, Bowser is a wicked character, if you know how to use him. The way I see it, tiers are just an excuse used when you don't have enough skill to master a character. The top tier characters are the easist to master, perfect for noobs. The lower tiers require more skill and training, but once you get good enough, you can own higher tier characters.

Yeah, some of the people I play with have been saying I can't be Ganondorf when fighting them anymore because I always win, so I just be Bowser and am still good. Yet, these two are considered bad characters, and I win with them. The "high up characters" are mostly just speedy hit & run people as I call them who you don't need much skill to play as. If you do have skill then you're set.

I suck with Pichu and Olimar by the way, and I haven't seen many good people with them.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 12:19:25

My main character is Link, and it seems like he's downgraded a lot since Melee. Maybe I just need more practice, I dunno...

I haven't unlocked all the characters yet, so I can't speak for some of them. To be honost, I don't think there are any bad characters in Brawl. I'd like to say that Luigi, Lucas, and Mr. Game and Watch suck, but I know that many people are deadly with them.

I would've never expected people to not like Diddy...

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 12:31:52

Peach... It's ok she can fly for some secs and the toad thingy and her final smash... but she is overall slow, weak in attack/defense.... And i hate the onions....
Also Pichu... is the same as Pikachu but he takes damage to attack... Pichu is doomed in stmina mode...
ROB is also a shit since him attacks are weak, HE is weak, and his final smash sucks ass...
Olimar's final smash is ok... but he sucks in overall....

My favs are Sheik, Fox, Samus/Zero Suit Samus/ Capt. Falcon...

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 13:00:38

I would have to say Jiggly Puff because in the first Smash Bros. it was just, no.

Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 13:13:09

At 3/16/08 01:03 PM, LlamaChamaBoat wrote: imo, all the characters are good if you know how to use them

for serious
this thread just proves that most SSBB players on Newgrounds are biased toward characters, and it depends on your style.

but, I hate it when someone kicks my ass w/ jigglypuff on WFC

Those who come here with hate (and if your a douchebag) leave now, for hatred will only betray you.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 13:25:57

At 3/16/08 11:42 AM, GenericName54 wrote: Snake sucks in Brawl. His attacks are average strength, they're untimely, his launch resistance is average, and he's slow. People only play him because he's Snake. In Melee, Pichu sucks.

Nah, Snake's A attacks are beastly. His side B is incredible if you know how to use it, and his Up A attack is killer. I kick ass as Snake. Let's face it, in brawl, the characters are well balanced. There is no character in brawl that fails miserably. Everyone can be amazing, provided you know how to use them.

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 13:26:25

At 3/15/08 06:20 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: The worst Brawl character would have to be ROB. He's simple to use, but his attacks suck. Especially his Final Smash.

I'm sorry, but R.O.B. is the reincarnation of Shoop Da Whoop. Therefore, he is the best.

LAZZER

JOIN THE PICK YOUR SONG COLLAB. PICK YOUR FAV SONG. AND ANIMATE IT. WE STILL GOTS FREE PARTS!!!!!!! THIS SIG IS COMPLETELY UP TO DATE, SO JUST JOIN!

blood sigs are sexy

BBS Signature

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-16 13:29:44

Mr.Game&Watch

Response to Worst Brawl/Melee Character. 2008-03-20 15:38:07

At 3/16/08 11:25 AM, Noodleboy111 wrote:

Thankfully no one seems to consider Ike bad,

Ike is actually one of the best characters!!!