HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-09-09 12:59:51 Reply

At 9/8/08 01:24 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 9/8/08 11:21 AM, HandsomeJake wrote: ...I keep learning what I've already known for years.
Like what? Maybe it would be helpful to others ;)

I'm quite aware of that, but I know how to use the erase tool. I've been wasting time in college for 3 years now and I'm ready to get to work, man.

I'm not really into this kind of stuff but ...the Berlin Co. thing is cool

thanks!

...and the pink fish is interesting...not sure what those white spider legs on the left are all about though. lol! Is it supposed to be a jellyfish or some kinda sea urchin? I don't get it.

it's supposed to be shapes to balance out the piece.

Howtopian
Howtopian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-09-09 13:57:16 Reply

Good job. Graphics design is most certainly an art. It depends how you use them. Art can be used in so many ways to pass crap, and I should know that, but you have transcended the lengths of simple cut and paste. I can't think of anything that doesn't sound like I want your babies, so at good job it will have to stay.

Logic, the only natural resource not yet tapped by modern man. Things you learn in a thread full of 3 year olds. Hurrah for blackmail!

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-09-10 12:48:45 Reply

Wild Wild West.

HandsomeJake's Art Thread

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-09-24 11:46:12 Reply

I think they'll buy this time...

higher

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-10-28 15:33:19 Reply

This is my first attempt at a seamless, asymmetrical tiling background and boy was it a bitch. But pretty worth it I suppose. Overall, it's a big promotional giveaway thingy for Aetoric Design. The downloadable version is on DeviantArt (click here).

I really wanna hear what people think about this!

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-24 17:46:06 Reply

I hand drew the main picture then compiled old line art of teeth to make the font. If anybody has any ideas how to make this better, let me know. I think it's pretty snazzy, though.

The guy this drawing is of loves to get high..RES!

Chymo
Chymo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-24 17:54:35 Reply

Really like your stuff man. Excellent. I love splatters, and you use them so your cool in my books. I especially like the first Seeking Surreal picture. It's really unusual, and the composition is really good. Keep it up. P.S. I might get some canvas prints done of your work, to put up around the house.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-24 18:01:31 Reply

At 11/24/08 05:54 PM, Chymo wrote: I might get some canvas prints done of your work, to put up around the house.

I'm flattered! But how would you go about that? Kinkos or something? Either way, if you do, PLEASE post a pic on this topic of them

or better yet, send me one, damn it! :P
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-24 23:52:59 Reply

We have a printer that can print on any substrate ...canvas, wood, glass. We tried to talk management into letting us print sky/clouds on all of the ceiling tiles in our area, but... they said no :(

sven647
sven647
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-25 00:41:01 Reply

At 3/14/08 11:41 AM, HandsomeJake wrote: Here's a shirt I made for my good buddies outclassed (I live with one of them). Any ways, I took some inspiration from one of their guitarists ("I think windmills are really cool"), and the others didn't share his sentiment, so no go on getting this one printed. It was still fun though and I still like it.

Here's a higher res version!

Dude i want that shirt where i live theres like 200 of those things that would be awesome to have

BBS Signature
HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-25 12:42:00 Reply

At 11/25/08 12:41 AM, sven647 wrote:
Dude i want that shirt where i live theres like 200 of those things that would be awesome to have

I'll sell you the design for $50 and change the text to your town. :P

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-25 16:06:19 Reply

At 11/25/08 03:39 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Hey do you happen to do any sort of custom t-shirts?

Why yes I do! I'm going to PM you about it though.

For future reference, hit up my myspace, email me, or even PM me here if you want any design work done!

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-25 16:32:52 Reply

This is going to be printed on the chest of forest green shirts with gold ink. it looks a little crazy and off center but i think it'll be awesome once it's on a shirt.

a tiny bit higher

Lemmiwinks91
Lemmiwinks91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-11-25 17:36:38 Reply

At 11/25/08 04:32 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: This is going to be printed on the chest of forest green shirts with gold ink. it looks a little crazy and off center but i think it'll be awesome once it's on a shirt.

a tiny bit higher

needs to be refined, on some of your designs the text is really hard to read. this one is not the worst but it takes some strain mainly because all the letters arent even sizes or just dont stand out enough.

graphic designing is awsome! it really facinates me and i muddle around in it. but im not going to try go in to that area

BBS Signature
HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-12-02 14:38:15 Reply

At 11/25/08 04:32 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: This is going to be printed on the chest of forest green shirts with gold ink. it looks a little crazy and off center but i think it'll be awesome once it's on a shirt.

The screen printing process hast begun. And it's a total bitch. This is my first time going through the process without any help from a guru-like figure, so it's all a shot in the dark. But the band is pulling together on this one so at least I'm not frustrated AND alone. They're not turning out INCREDIBLY, but hell, it's punk. I'll try my best to post some modeled pics of the finished product soon.

Hopefully I'll post some links to RECORDINGS soon as well.
HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-12-13 00:07:53 Reply

So I signed up for Behance today and when asked for a profile picture, I got the urge to make another logo for Aetoric Design. I really wanted it hand drawn and done in flash. I quickly realized once again how damn hard it is to draw with a mouse for me. My hands shake a bit and with a mouse it's incredibly evident. I'm definitely much better than I used to be, but it's really annoying. When I put this into Photoshop, I immediately knew I wanted to put a character over it, but this isn't possible right now due to my lack of scanning capabilites. I'll probably definitely come back to it in the near future. But here it is for now.

HIREZ.

Hey...does anyone here actually know how to pronounce Aetoric???

Chymo
Chymo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-12-13 07:33:17 Reply

You haven't got a Tablet? Man, that's the first thing someone in Graphic Design should have (apart from pen and paper). I like the green one you did, but like Lemmi said, the text is nearly impossible to read. Finding a way to make it stand out would be cool. I'll talk to you more about that cover in the future.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-12-13 13:12:38 Reply

At 12/13/08 07:33 AM, Chymo wrote: You haven't got a Tablet? Man, that's the first thing someone in Graphic Design should have (apart from pen and paper). I like the green one you did, but like Lemmi said, the text is nearly impossible to read. Finding a way to make it stand out would be cool. I'll talk to you more about that cover in the future.

Well, I entered the tablet giveaway, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get one. I don't have the money and I'm not very lucky. I need to start scanning my doodles in because collage apparel doesn't impress anyone here.

Chymo
Chymo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2008-12-17 13:51:04 Reply

Shame man. I hope you can get one.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-08 22:18:43 Reply

A little WIP.

If it got messed up, here's a little Hi Res for ya.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-08 22:25:39 Reply

Something I wrapped up yesterday.

For quality assurance, always get it Hi Res, kids.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-13 23:19:48 Reply

Another weird little illustrated piece. Trying to do more stuff like this. This is for the same shirt company as the last two. Lemme know what you think!

You know the drill

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-15 11:34:40 Reply

I'm pretty sure I'm talking to myself now. Oh well.

Bigger Better Faster Stronger.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-16 18:59:08 Reply

Here's a WIP that I'm actually going to have to ASK for an opinion on. What do you think kids? I need to change it up a little already so I'd like to see if anyone else shares some of my opinions.

For an even better critique, click HERE for a higher resolution.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-23 12:40:19 Reply

Still BEGGING for some critique on this piece. It's such a bummer CampNorth is down, by the way.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-23 19:27:03 Reply

who's leg do you have to hump to get a critique around here?

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-23 19:33:07 Reply

Mine! I've already complimented on most of your latest stuff over at CN, but i haven't seen that ballerina one yet, i really like that one alot. Not a big fan of the brain freeze one, not sure what it is that bothers me about it, just the lack of interesting composition i guess, i like you're more outliney type desings more.

and yes it is a bit of a bitch about CN not working, but hey that's why i love NG.

ps: notice the new fancy sig? thanks for getting me thinking about it

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-01-25 14:11:06 Reply

At 1/23/09 07:33 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Mine! I've already complimented on most of your latest stuff over at CN, but i haven't seen that ballerina one yet, i really like that one alot. Not a big fan of the brain freeze one, not sure what it is that bothers me about it, just the lack of interesting composition i guess, i like you're more outliney type desings more.

and yes it is a bit of a bitch about CN not working, but hey that's why i love NG.

ps: notice the new fancy sig? thanks for getting me thinking about it

Thank you so much for paying attention to me, Ben. It was getting lonely on the ole NG art forum. I'm surprised anyone likes the ballerina one. I've been over it since I've made it. Brain Freeze was really ambitious, but I just find more and more people saying there's just something about it. Hopefully the guy that I made it for doesn't feel the same way though. He has 2 revisions on it, though.

Good work on the sig beeteedubs.

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-02-07 21:12:08 Reply

At 1/25/09 02:11 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: It was getting lonely on the ole NG art forum.

I should have said, "ye ole NG art forum."

Um, anyways, new logo. It's on a business card. I won some online. Cool, right?

Opions, plz!

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to HandsomeJake's Art Thread 2009-02-07 22:22:56 Reply

I really like the overall design of it, and the little plus/minus thing at the bottom, but i'm not completely sold on the lettering, everything else seems so top-notch the lettering feels kind-of amateurish, in comparison i mean

Look at my art!

BBS Signature