00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZanyDruid760 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cardboard City, a Collab

38,902 Views | 513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-23 17:37:16

At 3/23/08 04:35 PM, biskits wrote: Here's a wee .gif of the start of my second part.

oooo...very nice!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-23 22:48:57

sorry bout the frontpage comment. But I'd love to have an award to my name or anything that makes me to of note on NG. I'd love to. morrow's right though.

how bout another big update on page 8?

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-26 12:26:19

So how many finished parts have we got then?

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-26 16:05:54

At 3/26/08 12:26 PM, biskits wrote: So how many finished parts have we got then?

I think around five or six, my intro/menu is essentially finished, nick did a super spectacular part, ziwon made that subway, and handsome jake did a Pittsburgh skyline part, and you did your part too! so thats five so far, and I know jake had a drawing of a kitchen counter with a sink that he's going to put in a part.

I'm also pleased to announce that a film made by G-Force and I will be featured in a student film festival called Jump Cuts, in which films made by grade 7-9 students are shown in an awesome, big movie theatre. They only choose ten finalists, and we're one of the ten! We'll get that up on NG as soon as I can compress it enough, the file size is insane :)

Everyone's stuff is looking really good. I like the animated GIF.

IF ANYONE WHO HASNT JOINED YET WHO'S READING THIS IS INTERESTED, GO FOR IT. also it might be cool if someone did a brief parkour part. if no one wants to though, I'll be happy to do it ;)

moro

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-27 13:34:52

At 3/26/08 04:05 PM, MorrowDays wrote:
At 3/26/08 12:26 PM, biskits wrote: So how many finished parts have we got then?
I think around five or six, my intro/menu is essentially finished, nick did a super spectacular part, ziwon made that subway, and handsome jake did a Pittsburgh skyline part, and you did your part too! so thats five so far, and I know jake had a drawing of a kitchen counter with a sink that he's going to put in a part.

nice!

I'm also pleased to announce that a film made by G-Force and I will be featured in a student film festival called Jump Cuts, in which films made by grade 7-9 students are shown in an awesome, big movie theatre. They only choose ten finalists, and we're one of the ten! We'll get that up on NG as soon as I can compress it enough, the file size is insane :)

Can't wait!

Everyone's stuff is looking really good. I like the animated GIF.

Thanks, I'm workin gon the flash right now, because it's a night time part i made the sky blue carpet, what you think?

IF ANYONE WHO HASNT JOINED YET WHO'S READING THIS IS INTERESTED, GO FOR IT. also it might be cool if someone did a brief parkour part. if no one wants to though, I'll be happy to do it ;)

If i could do parkour i'd tottally do a rotoscopation (?)

moro

Biskits :)

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-27 16:19:33

moro

a rotoscope would be cool, but only if it was done well, not just like, outlines. I really liked the style of the guy on the subway that you did, so maybe like that? and probably nothing too david belle epic, just a simple vault sort of thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-27 18:12:45

At 3/27/08 04:19 PM, MorrowDays wrote:
moro
a rotoscope would be cool, but only if it was done well, not just like, outlines. I really liked the style of the guy on the subway that you did, so maybe like that? and probably nothing too david belle epic, just a simple vault sort of thing.

K. i got a wee clip of a vault, it's in the works right now!! :)

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-27 18:24:17

Ohp. slight problem. this video wont import to flash :(
any bright ideas?

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-27 19:56:25

the only thing I can think of is saving it as a different type of file. :(

nice sig, btw

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-29 06:04:07

PREVIEW!
Oh, and don't be scared.

.M.

Cardboard City, a Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-29 11:17:01

At 3/29/08 06:04 AM, MarcyVF wrote: PREVIEW!
Oh, and don't be scared.

.M.

HAHAHAHAAHA, that was awesome marcy, but I don't know about the ending xD good work, I love it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-29 12:08:24

At 3/29/08 11:17 AM, MorrowDays wrote:
At 3/29/08 06:04 AM, MarcyVF wrote: PREVIEW!
Oh, and don't be scared.

.M.

OMG LOL! I don't know if we can keep the last bit in, but if we do, I guess we'll have to put it right at the end.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-30 04:16:55

LOL, It was actually just a joke, but if you want me to keep it, it would be really cool. We could put it at the end and then the credits appear right after that. I can imagine those reviews :b "Woah ahahhaahaa!! Best ending EVAR!!!" :P

.M.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-30 08:39:55

At 3/30/08 04:16 AM, MarcyVF wrote: LOL, It was actually just a joke, but if you want me to keep it, it would be really cool. We could put it at the end and then the credits appear right after that. I can imagine those reviews :b "Woah ahahhaahaa!! Best ending EVAR!!!" :P

.M.

haha, yeah. I like it, but I think we should do a vote at some point in case some people want to maintain the peaceful cardboardness of the animation. we shall see.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-31 11:41:03

I vote for putting that at the end. It took me quite by surprise and I think it will have the effect M. was talking about ;)

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-31 16:29:06

Easter egg. tbh.

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-31 18:15:10

At 3/31/08 04:29 PM, biskits wrote: Easter egg. tbh.

lol, a very easy to find Easter Egg ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-31 18:30:32

At 3/30/08 04:16 AM, MarcyVF wrote: LOL, It was actually just a joke, but if you want me to keep it, it would be really cool. We could put it at the end and then the credits appear right after that. I can imagine those reviews :b "Woah ahahhaahaa!! Best ending EVAR!!!" :P

.M.

This collab is coming out epic! I mean you already have the Best ending EVAR!!!

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-31 18:31:34

I decided to not go on any further with the kitchen sink scene. I couldn't get the feel I wanted on it when I extended it. Plus I just like it as it is. I also decided to post the link for the fla here now. I've got these saved on computers at school, and it's too big of a risk to just leave them on there without having them backed up by Morro or Nick.

Here's the fla.

The link will only last for 7 days after this post, so please act swiftly oh great collab leaders.

I'm going to brainstorm another part soon. I'm working on some Pico Day stuff now too, so that kinda takes priority, deadline being in a month and all. But fear not, I haven't abandoned thee!

All the new parts look incredible, guys. I love all the individualism in all the styles so far. Hope some more people hop onto this though. It's a little thin with only 5 or so authors.

Big update page 8?

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-31 22:02:36

At 3/31/08 06:31 PM, HandsomeJake wrote:
Here's the fla.

The link will only last for 7 days after this post, so please act swiftly oh great collab leaders.

awesome, just got it, back'd up. :)

I'm going to brainstorm another part soon. I'm working on some Pico Day stuff now too, so that kinda takes priority, deadline being in a month and all. But fear not, I haven't abandoned thee!

pico day, should be fun. cant wait to see what you come up with. loved the sig you made for nintendomadness by the way, its quite nice.

All the new parts look incredible, guys. I love all the individualism in all the styles so far.

me too!

Hope some more people hop onto this though. It's a little thin with only 5 or so authors.

haha, not for long, as soon as I scream CO-AUTHORS everyone will start checking the thread and like, asking to use sprites and stupid stuff like that. so, for those of you out there reading this;

CO-AUTHORS. OH. MY. GOD. DID HE JUST SAY COAUTHORS YES HE DID COAUTHORS COAUTHORS THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!! COAUTHORS FOR ALL!! THANK YOU SANTA, I'LL LOVE MY COAUTHOR FOREVER!

and incase you didn't catch my drift, COAUTHORS.

Big update page 8?

supertastic, can't wait! :P yeah, nick and I will set something up, just you wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-01 01:20:40

I talked a little to the guys in the SFC and here's what two of them said (only there two answered):

G-F-D:
"KEEP IT, Yeah as everyone was saying in the thread, keep as the last one would be an epic ending lol.%u2028I love you Marcy, mkay?"

Jetsar:
"Lmao yes."

.M.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-01 03:19:17

Marcy.. epic.. keep it..
AND NICE USE OF MY LAZOR SOUND+GRAPHICS >:C

asdfg

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-02 15:58:42

yeah, marcy's got support from most people. i vote to keep it, cause its hilarious. plus, some people who would otherwise vote down because of its "artsy" style would instantly five it because of the ending. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-02 16:26:39

YAY

Thanks, Moro. I send you the file, then? :)

.M.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-02 20:50:57

sounds good to me!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-04 09:45:27

eMail of yours?

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-04 09:53:48

At 4/2/08 03:58 PM, MorrowDays wrote: yeah, marcy's got support from most people. i vote to keep it, cause its hilarious. plus, some people who would otherwise vote down because of its "artsy" style would instantly five it because of the ending. :)

I also vote to keep it LOL!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-04 11:26:43

At 3/31/08 06:31 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: Here's the fla.

hmm.... you saved it in Flash 9 format, which means I'll have to download it, make it flash 8 and give it to Morrow. Oh well, no worries :P But in future people, can you save it as Flash 8 format or lower, for Morrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-06 21:45:55

I haven't posted here for a bit BECAUSE......

I didnt want to post without a preview, because jake, I know you want one. you'll get it this page, just not in my first post this page, which is this post. that Im posting, right now. :P

I got the jaga jazzist song and I think we should go with it because its awesome. No other explanation necessary, it just fits this whole thing perfectly. yeah.

I have all the parts organized into graphics so I can move them around on the timeline and see what order they should go in. I decided to break up all your parts (this is directed at everyone) by cut, so if your camera angle changes in your part, chances are I made it into two parts, and seperated it at the cut. ziwon, I didnt do that with yours because the "underground" part wouldnt make sense unless followed by the subway, but I think I divided everyone elses. so... a preview 2moro!

night everyone :)

Morrow

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-04-07 18:20:40

Update

Morrowdays just sent me an update of the collab with the first few parts in it, LINK. He also says that he is going to fix the intro as he is not particularly fond of it.

BBS Signature