New Topic Respond to this Topic
biskits
biskits
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-08 11:46:55 Reply

What is that i hear you cry? you want to post a preveiw of the parts added together?

HandsomeJake
HandsomeJake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-09 11:58:11 Reply

Sorry about my absence. Just delete that scene that says sky Morrow. I'm not sure why that's there...odd. Anyways, hope everything is going well with this. If you need me to send the FLA again, just let me know.

KyleDaFox
KyleDaFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-09 15:43:25 Reply

Hi guys, can I see a preview of the whole thing so far? I'm dying to see this>.>
My finished part: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090508/5 6599_cardgrass_texture.php
.fla: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090508/5 6623_cardgrass_texture.fla

Check out my newest News Post!
Anyone need an artist or coder for a game? Drop me a PM!

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-09 18:34:27 Reply

At 5/9/08 03:43 PM, KyleDaFox wrote: Hi guys, can I see a preview of the whole thing so far? I'm dying to see this>.>
My finished part: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090508/5 6599_cardgrass_texture.php
.fla: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090508/5 6623_cardgrass_texture.fla

really nice man!

BBS Signature
TheBoogley
TheBoogley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-09 22:09:30 Reply

I've just been looking this baby over, and I like the cut of your jib. Gentlemen, I think you're onto something here... I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

The Throwback Collab, get on it!

BBS Signature
biskits
biskits
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-10 05:22:59 Reply

Thank you ^^

Are you not making a part?

Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-16 14:26:11 Reply

Hey guys,

this is my final piece: This thing here

It's not really what I wanted it to be when I started on this, but I've just realized that I've been doing the wrong thing for a long time and I have to stop it immediately. These things include projects where I have to little time to actually make what I want to make with the quality that I can. I've been doing that for way too long, and as they say, when you notice that you're going the wrong way, turn around immediately for it's never too late to go back.

About the piece, I know it's short, but maybe you can use it as some sort of intro to the collab... I don't know but I'm sure you can come up with something.

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-16 16:33:30 Reply

At 5/9/08 10:09 PM, TheBoogley wrote: I've just been looking this baby over, and I like the cut of your jib. Gentlemen, I think you're onto something here... I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

Thanks man!

BBS Signature
Rutger
Rutger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-17 17:18:13 Reply

Well... I'm sorry but I'm very busy with my own collab and a project I'm working on... Sorry!

no

MorrowDays
MorrowDays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-18 23:07:59 Reply

At 5/8/08 11:46 AM, biskits wrote: What is that i hear you cry? you want to post a preveiw of the parts added together?

No, absolutely not, never, EVER.

Not now not later. and you better not ask again, cause the answer will be EXACTLY THE SAME.

Sorry for my absence, guys. I did make a preview though, it looks pretty nice, I like it. I'm definitely going to redo the intro though, my intro, because I really dont like it.
What do you guys think of how synced to the music it is? I thought that was pretty cool, myself.

I'm going to scatter my parts throughout and their all going to be centric to one character on a walk in a nice down town environment, to sort of have an underlying storyline alive underneath all the awesome animation you've all done. Seriously, great work guys. Im continually impressed.

Vincoid, your part is great, it works, I added the title onto it because it seemed like a fitting thing to do.

All in all we've got 101 seconds of animation so far, and the song is around 5 minutes, so stay on it, cardboard city-dwellers. Of course, we don't need to fill the whole thing, frankly it seems a bit ambitious to me, but you know, the more we have, ... the more we'll have! And the nicer it will be, of course. :)

I had to Savefile it because it's 5.81 MB, which is too much for spamtheweb to handle. So I think we'll keep whole collab previews to a minimum, but I'll still do them every so often. Or, you know, when biskitz complains :D

Im away tuesday to friday, so don't come looking for me, because... I wont be around. Again, great work everyone!

New people reading this, feel free to join in! We've still got plenty of spots!

BBS Signature
Vincoid
Vincoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 02:59:39 Reply

Oh man that's sweet. It really has that feel I think we're going for. Nice job so far ;)

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature
Ziwon
Ziwon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 03:38:46 Reply

Wow, it looks so awesome so far! Can't wait to see the finished collab in the portal.
I still don't like the music, but I guess I'm the onlyone, so i can/have to live with this music...

BBS Signature
MorrowDays
MorrowDays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 09:12:02 Reply

At 5/19/08 03:38 AM, Ziwon wrote: Wow, it looks so awesome so far! Can't wait to see the finished collab in the portal.
I still don't like the music, but I guess I'm the onlyone, so i can/have to live with this music...

haha, okay, I'll make an alternate version with different music just for you then :) What music would you like?

BBS Signature
flashbound
flashbound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 16:44:43 Reply

Is it possible you got your idea from this? I dont watch cartoons too much anymore, but that video is based off one of my favorte episodes of my favorite cartoon, the one where they build a card board city of scams.

anyway, threw this togethor:

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

flashbound
flashbound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 16:46:52 Reply

At 5/19/08 04:44 PM, flashbound18 wrote: Is it possible you got your idea from this?

oh sorry, for some reason G-video doesnt hot link properly. in the side bar there is a movie called something like 'edd zilla' or whats it.'

Noodle
Noodle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 17:08:18 Reply

I expressed interest in this a LONG time ago.
My plan was to make my part at school.
But then my teacher handed me an actual assignment following criteria that just wouldn't work with the demensions and stuff here.
BUT. I finally finished those :D

I hope to start getting to work on it this week. I will only have time to work on it at school probably. Is there a due date I should watch out for?

Plus Morrow and Nick just kickass, and I would love to be in a collab with you guys :D

GAH!

BBS Signature
MorrowDays
MorrowDays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 17:17:26 Reply

I hope to start getting to work on it this week. I will only have time to work on it at school probably. Is there a due date I should watch out for?

yes, be sure to have your parts in by winter 2010, as I will be at the vancouver olympics so I can sequence all the parts.

I dont think that made a bit of sense at all.

Plus Morrow and Nick just kickass, and I would love to be in a collab with you guys :D

well thanks! You're not so bad yourself ;)

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 17:17:51 Reply

At 5/18/08 11:07 PM, MorrowDays wrote: No, absolutely not, never, EVER.

that's beautiful

BBS Signature
MorrowDays
MorrowDays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 17:19:03 Reply

oh and I really like your part flashbound, super classy. love it. I dont watch Ed, Edd and Eddy much so no, up till now I hadn't heard of that.

BBS Signature
flashbound
flashbound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-19 18:03:30 Reply

At 5/19/08 05:19 PM, MorrowDays wrote: oh and I really like your part flashbound, super classy. love it. I dont watch Ed, Edd and Eddy much so no, up till now I hadn't heard of that.

really cheesey.. in a GOOD WAY :D?

MorrowDays
MorrowDays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-23 20:07:08 Reply

At 5/19/08 06:03 PM, flashbound18 wrote:
At 5/19/08 05:19 PM, MorrowDays wrote: oh and I really like your part flashbound, super classy. love it. I dont watch Ed, Edd and Eddy much so no, up till now I hadn't heard of that.
really cheesey.. in a GOOD WAY :D?

AH SAID CLASSAY! which it is, its very cool.

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-23 20:09:20 Reply

At 5/23/08 08:07 PM, MorrowDays wrote: AH SAID CLASSAY! which it is, its very cool.

fo show

BBS Signature
SuperFlashMania
SuperFlashMania
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-23 20:41:51 Reply

Count Me In

Cardboard City, a Collab

Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-23 20:50:14 Reply

At 5/23/08 08:41 PM, SuperFlashMania wrote: Count Me In

ok Mario Man...

BBS Signature
MorrowDays
MorrowDays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-24 10:03:56 Reply

I dunno, you've got no animation that we can see, so if you do make something good we'll use it, but otherwise we wont wait around for you, k?

BBS Signature
KyleDaFox
KyleDaFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-24 10:08:20 Reply

Can we see a preview of the whole thing? I know a few parts have been handed in since the last preview. If you don't want the public to see the work of our secret society, pm me, I'm anxious to see this.

BBS Signature
MorrowDays
MorrowDays
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-29 16:47:27 Reply

haha, secret society ^_^

no I'll put up another preview soon, I've been kinda swamped with a science project but hey! Its due tomorrow so as long as I finish it tonight it shouldnt be a problem much longer! And I will finish it tonight, don't worry guys :)

if people are looking for other collabs to join so they can make it big in the NG collab scene, (xD) I recommend the FOOD collab, being lead by TheBoogley. He also lead the face collab, and it turned out really well, and this should be no different!

Not to say you should quit out of cardboard city of course. But I know at one point I was really into doing lots of collabs at the same time, so if thats you, go for it!

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-29 17:49:06 Reply

At 5/29/08 04:47 PM, MorrowDays wrote: Not to say you should quit out of cardboard city of course. But I know at one point I was really into doing lots of collabs at the same time, so if thats you, go for it!

yeah, doing lots of collabs at once increases your trophy yield 10 fold. I should know >:)

BBS Signature
KyleDaFox
KyleDaFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-29 18:03:36 Reply

At 5/29/08 05:49 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: yeah, doing lots of collabs at once increases your trophy yield 10 fold. I should know >:)

Yeah, I don't really want my first award to be a collab, though. I feel like it's somewhat cheating, I want a solo submission or a game made with one other animator to be my first award. After that one submission, though, I'll probably be in tons of collabs.

BBS Signature
Nicholas-Deary
Nicholas-Deary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Animator
Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-05-29 18:05:41 Reply

At 5/29/08 06:03 PM, KyleDaFox wrote: I want a solo submission or a game made with one other animator to be my first award.

I hate to burst your bubble there, but if you make a game or submission with another author that is collaborating as well.

BBS Signature