00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can anyone MC?

844 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can anyone MC? 2008-03-07 10:38:17

Alright guys, I'm not sure if I should really be asking in the main forum or whether there is a section for MCs but i'm trying to find an MC for a dubstep tune i'm working on. Can anyone here MC and if so would you fancy giving it a go?

Cheers guys, James

Response to Can anyone MC? 2008-03-07 11:38:36

?

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to Can anyone MC? 2008-03-07 11:48:03

i cant mc, but i just wanted to know whats all the "?" about?

please spamwangle responsibly.

here

BBS Signature

Response to Can anyone MC? 2008-03-07 12:07:25

At 3/7/08 11:48 AM, spamwangler wrote: i cant mc, but i just wanted to know whats all the "?" about?

?

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to Can anyone MC? 2008-03-07 12:29:41

perhaps you dont unerstand what what the term mc is?
let me wiki that for you :

Rapping

In the early 1970s, the term MC became associated with what would change to become known as the rapper in hip-hop / rap music and culture. Originally, the term was simply used as Master of Ceremonies. It's believed that the first musician to call himself an MC was Melle Mel from Grandmaster Flash. Traditionally, an MC uses rhyming verses, whether pre-written or freestyled, to introduce and praise the DJ he or she works with, to hype up the crowd. As hip-hop progressed, the title MC has been thought to mean a number of acronyms such as Microphone Controller, "Microphone Commander", Mic Checka, Music Commentator, and one who Moves the Crowd, notably through Rakim's lyrics on the matter (Eric B. easy on the cut and no mistakes allowed/ Cuz to me, MC means move the crowd). Some use this word interchangeably with the term rapper, but according to many, they should never cross paths.

Uncertainty over the acronym's expansion may be considered evidence for the ubiquity of the acronym: the full master of ceremonies is very rarely used in the hip-hop scene. This confusion prompted the hip-hop group A Tribe Called Quest to include this statement on their 1993 Midnight Marauders album:

The use of the term MC when referring to a rhymer originates from the dance halls of Jamaica

please spamwangle responsibly.

here

BBS Signature

Response to Can anyone MC? 2008-03-07 13:15:29

At 3/7/08 12:43 PM, 2nd-Edition wrote: I can't MC but for those of who don't know what it is

here's an example

its only in britain that you find Mc-ing. . . . how did it get so bad ?!

Cheers for providing an example, but that kid is pretty awful. I guess I would like someone to Rap over what i've done. Any takers?

Response to Can anyone MC? 2008-03-07 15:35:48

At 3/7/08 03:17 PM, 2nd-Edition wrote: Lol yeah he's crap ! its funny as hell, i doubt you'll find any MCs on newgrounds your probably better off going on an MC website like northeast ravers or something

Yeah true... this site doesn't really seem to take to dubstep either. I'm actually living in the northwest at the moment, but good MC's are hard to find. Oh well, I'll have a scout about.

Thanks again guys.