New Topic Respond to this Topic
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Dec. 15th, 2011 @ 12:16 PM Reply

At 12/15/11 01:25 AM, Mizox wrote: I'm gone for months and you guys only move forward 2 pages. congratulations, I was wondering why I never came back here.

lol Sonic discussion has been slow lately, although I hear many good things about Generations. I would get it if it was on Mac. Or if I had a 360 at the moment.

also the dialog is corny as hell, and while sonic and tails might have good voices, all of the support characters sound terrible, so when they're all cheering you on at the end it's really annoying

As frustrated as I would be with that myself, what can you expect from a Sonic game, really? It's hard to take voices seriously when the main character is a giant blue rodent. lolz

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Dec. 18th, 2011 @ 02:42 AM Reply

I would utterly love to be a part of this. To be frank, Sonic Generations for the 3ds is probably my favorite Sonic game this year (not ever, though). It had good graphics, an interesting plot (I love time travel), good boss fights (especially Big Arm) and... slightly above-average music. My only complaints are the shortness, the low-quality cutscenes (both the action and the dialogue) and the "rival" boss battles. Why didn't SEGA keep the levels that they should have been in? In other news, Sonic CD will be re-released soon for either the Mac or PC. I, personally, am holding my breath in anticipation.
-Oobooglunk

It matters not WHAT you do in life, but WHO you do.

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Dec. 20th, 2011 @ 12:39 AM Reply

I was wondering why, despite Generations being out now, why this club went back several pages.......

I don't have any of the systems it's on currently, but I did see a PS3 demo at Target, and it looks as good as advertised.

They're re-releasing Sonic CD, eh? Huh, I might just get that, since I've yet to play it.

Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 15th, 2012 @ 09:57 AM Reply

Sonic CD already came out for PC a long time ago, I know because I remember people complaining about it not working properly on Vista.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 15th, 2012 @ 11:21 AM Reply

At 1/15/12 09:57 AM, Mizox wrote: Sonic CD already came out for PC a long time ago, I know because I remember people complaining about it not working properly on Vista.

I personally think people are better off if they have a chance to buy this.

http://images.wikia.com/sega/images/b/bb /Sonic_Gems_Collection_cover.png

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 15th, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 12/20/11 12:39 AM, Swackman wrote: They're re-releasing Sonic CD, eh? Huh, I might just get that, since I've yet to play it.

Oh man, I need to get that! Hopefully they release it on Mac.

Or I could just buy a Sega CD...

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 15th, 2012 @ 03:32 PM Reply

So now that sonic and SEGA is finally getting the recognition he long deserved since unleashed. (my opinion)

What do you guys think should come next?

Personally I think SEGA now needs to improve the supporting cast gameplay in the next title so it's proven nostalgia is not the ONLY means for the blue blurs survival throughout the years.

Examples:

knuckles can get beat em up stages.

You can use tails plane and actually have full control combating enemies.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 15th, 2012 @ 08:54 PM Reply

Well I've now made it final that it is the main thing my mind is set to right now that I shall collect all the Sonic The Hedgehog console games. I have Sonic The Hedgehog 1-3 as well as Sonic & Knuckles included in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, I have Sonic CD on XBLA, I also have Sonic Adventure on XBLA as well as Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube and I have Sonic Heroes on the Gamecube as well.

I have Sonic Unleashed for Wii, Sonic The Hedgehog 4 on WiiWare (Surprisingly good for all you STH4 haters) Sonic Colors also on the Wii and finally I'm planning on getting Sonic Generations for the Xbox 360. So I just need Sonic Generations to complete my Sonic Console Games collection.

As for Sonic '06, let's just leave that outta the picture.

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 16th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

That's not the new and improved release, that's the fake torrent posted onto the Internet years ago. I'm talking about the new version with Tails in it.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 16th, 2012 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 1/15/12 08:54 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
I have Sonic Unleashed for Wii,

Trade it for the 360 version. 100X better.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 19th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 12/18/11 02:42 AM, oobooglunk wrote: Sonic CD will be re-released soon for either the Mac or PC.

Sorry guys, it's actually for iPhones, Androids, and other such gizmos. It should come out for the PC as well, but the release date is a mystery. Again, this is the IMPROVED version with Tails. Download it and enjoy!

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 26th, 2012 @ 11:23 PM Reply

Btw, now that I finally have a brand-spankin'-new comp that doesn't suck, I can now play Sonic Classic w/o lag, so I can finally see how good the game is; it also means I can get Robo Blast 2 again. ^_^

I also should really get Mega Collection Plus, since I do have a PS2; I've just been passing up lately for other PS2 games I never played/finished first.

123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 05:38 AM Reply

Heck, I want to join! :D
Im not really a big Sonic fan, but if I see a sonic comic or game, ill immediately be hooked to it!
Right now, Im thinking of getting Sonic Generations for the PC (I have no console).
Also, Sonic city escape level bgm is probably my favorite song on all the bgm's of the Sonic series!

Rollin around at the speed of sound, got places to go gotta follow my rainbow! :3

HaDouKeN!!! >:D | O_O! I'm scared... | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D
My Deviant

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 12:50 PM Reply

At 1/26/12 11:23 PM, Swackman wrote: Btw, now that I finally have a brand-spankin'-new comp that doesn't suck, I can now play Sonic Classic w/o lag, so I can finally see how good the game is; it also means I can get Robo Blast 2 again. ^_^

I've always wanted to play Sonic Classic...

At 1/29/12 05:38 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Im not really a big Sonic fan, but if I see a sonic comic or game, ill immediately be hooked to it!

I think that makes you a Sonic fan lol

Right now, Im thinking of getting Sonic Generations for the PC (I have no console).

I wish I could, I've got a Mac. :(

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:35 PM Reply

At 1/15/12 03:32 PM, II2none wrote: What do you guys think should come next?

I dunno, I would like them to try to do the "sonic heroes" concept all over again since teaming up with other characters was done well. I'm guessing some type of "party member" system should be implemented too.
-Knuckles finds hidden stuff (Like in Generations)
-Tails can carry sonic while flying (again, like in generations)
I'm guessing more characters can be added so it adds more variety and replayibility,but that's just
my two cents. I would also like it if the "skill sets" are still being kept for future titles.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 11:26 PM Reply

Hey guys, question.
I like to try a classic sonic game, so whats a good one?
Is sonic adventures good?

Also, is it just me, or Sonic Rush has the best BGM on all the Sonic series?

HaDouKeN!!! >:D | O_O! I'm scared... | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D
My Deviant

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 08:47 AM Reply

At 1/29/12 11:26 PM, 123mine123 wrote: Hey guys, question.

Play the very first game. Then Sonic 2. Then 3. You see where I'm going with this.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 10:08 AM Reply

At 1/30/12 08:47 AM, Twone wrote: Play the very first game. Then Sonic 2. Then 3. You see where I'm going with this.

Whoa, I just got Sonic Mega Collection Plus!
Im playing some a while ago...
Also the old sonic 3D thing was horrible...

My Deviant

BBS Signature
Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 12:50 PM, Twone wrote:
At 1/26/12 11:23 PM, Swackman wrote: Btw, now that I finally have a brand-spankin'-new comp that doesn't suck, I can now play Sonic Classic w/o lag, so I can finally see how good the game is; it also means I can get Robo Blast 2 again. ^_^
I've always wanted to play Sonic Classic...

Does Sonic Classic not work on Macs?

At 1/29/12 02:35 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 1/15/12 03:32 PM, II2none wrote: What do you guys think should come next?
I dunno, I would like them to try to do the "sonic heroes" concept all over again since teaming up with other characters was done well.

Only if Team Chaotix doesn't get thrown down the gutter this time......

At 1/30/12 10:08 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Also the old sonic 3D thing was horrible...

I thought 3D Blast was pretty good.

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Sonic Crew Jan. 30th, 2012 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 1/30/12 10:08 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Also the old sonic 3D thing was horrible...

You should try out the saturn port. It has updated graphics, and the special stages have real 3d graphics.

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 1st, 2012 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 1/29/12 11:26 PM, 123mine123 wrote: Hey guys, question.
Is sonic adventures good?

Also, is it just me, or Sonic Rush has the best BGM on all the Sonic series?

1. Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic CD, Sonic Generations. If you play those games, you will have all the Sonic gaming experience you need.
2. NO. Not at all. Sonic Generations is where it's at.

123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 03:30 AM Reply

At 2/1/12 10:56 PM, oobooglunk wrote: 1. Sonic 1, Sonic 2,

Yeah played it. It was fun, but got me bored...

Sonic Adventure,

The filesize is big! Ill try downloading it though...

Sonic CD,

Theres an Android port! Ill try it!

Sonic Generations.

Yes! AND I LOVE IT!!!

If you play those games, you will have all the Sonic gaming experience you need.

Guess youre right!

2. NO. Not at all. Sonic Generations is where it's at.

Just my opinion...its catchy!
Yeah I like Sonic Generation OST too!
I play it everyday while studying or if im outside.

My Deviant

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 1/30/12 01:32 PM, Swackman wrote: Does Sonic Classic not work on Macs?

no sir

I thought 3D Blast was pretty good.

Eh, it was okay at best. After playing it again over the winter break I couldn't play it for more than 10 minutes without getting bored/uncomfortable watching the screen.

At 2/1/12 10:56 PM, oobooglunk wrote: 1. Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure,

Don't you forget Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles!!! That's my favorite of the series.

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 03:01 AM Reply

At 2/2/12 11:42 PM, Twone wrote: Don't you forget Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles!!! That's my favorite of the series.

Yeah! I'll probably try sonic and knuckles next!

My Deviant

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 12:21 AM Reply

Dang, Im getting too addicted to Sonic stuff now...
Anyway, I'm getting hooked on Sonic X.
Anyone here finished and watched every episode?
Is it worth finishing?
Also is the Japanese version better than the editted English one?

My Deviant

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 6th, 2012 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 2/6/12 12:21 AM, 123mine123 wrote: Also is the Japanese version better than the editted English one?

I hear they make titty jokes. So I suggest the Japanese one. 4Kids is known for heavily censoring stuff.

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 10:36 PM Reply

At 6 days ago, 123mine123 wrote:
Anyone here finished and watched every episode?
Is it worth finishing?
Also is the Japanese version better than the edited English one?

I've watched them all. If you don't want to waste your life, you should watch the Japanese version. I totally recommend watching the last season especially.

oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 10:40 PM Reply

At 2/1/12 10:56 PM, oobooglunk wrote: 1. Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure,
Don't you forget Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles!!! That's my favorite of the series.

I liked Sonic and Knuckles and the last two levels of Sonic 3. Overall, however, Sonic 3 was somewhat drab. It didn't fit in with that part of the series too well. S&K was 100% great, though. That much I can agree with.

123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 05:19 AM Reply

At 6 hours ago, oobooglunk wrote: I've watched them all. If you don't want to waste your life, you should watch the Japanese version. I totally recommend watching the last season especially.

Ok!
Im still currently on episode 24.

My Deviant

BBS Signature
Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 07:33 PM Reply

Just dl'ed the latest updated version of Sonic Classic............although it took me a little while to find a working link since the MU one is obviously dead.......

Right now, I only have one thing to ask: How the fuck do ya complete the first Bonus Level & get the first Emerald? I'm assuming ya have to get a certain amount of Rings, but only the little Rings seem to count towards the total, and I can't seem to get enough within the frigging time limit. :/

After reading the thread the new link was in, it's quite buggy, not even counting the minor bugs I've already noticed.