dmansland
dmansland
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 22nd, 2010 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 5/21/10 03:42 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:
At 5/19/10 10:37 PM, omega88x wrote: yeah it was called Sonic and the brotherhood of evil or something like that
Ive heard of it but I dont think it lasted long I doubt it was popular.

Not popular, but apparently a good RPG. I never played it myself, but I really want to at least ty it.

On a semi-related note, I just love the Sonic remixes

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:38 PM Reply

http://www.sonicretro.org/2010/05/sonic-
4-episode-1-delayed-to-q4-2010-iphone-po rt-confirmed/

Ok, let's go over this again.

A Sonic game.

Delayed.

A modern-day Sonic game has been delayed. DELAYED. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS. Compare this to the amount of FUCK-RUSHED games so far. I think they might actually care this time. Maybe.

inb4 Sonic Cycle

On a serious note, I think Sega should revisit Sonic CD. The surreal, psychadelic, and anime-touched world of Sonic CD is, I think, Sonic's true calling. And Time-Travel could look really kickass in HD.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew May. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:34 AM Reply

At 5/22/10 09:38 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
On a serious note, I think Sega should revisit Sonic CD. The surreal, psychadelic, and anime-touched world of Sonic CD is, I think, Sonic's true calling. And Time-Travel could look really kickass in HD.

But would that mean Amy would have to come back...WITH A VOICE?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:57 AM Reply

At 5/23/10 01:34 AM, puddinN64 wrote: But would that mean Amy would have to come back...WITH A VOICE?

Well no, I hope not, but I wasn't talking about a remake, I was talking about a revisit to the style Sonic CD had. From what I understand Sonic Team didn't make Sonic CD, so that may be out of their reach.

I really liked how exploration and speed blend there. It's like, there's no downhill slopes, no boosters, no pointless looping. You have to jump around and explore a lot before getting the good ending, but you have to be at a consistent speed to travel through time to do that.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew May. 23rd, 2010 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 5/23/10 01:57 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
I really liked how exploration and speed blend there. It's like, there's no downhill slopes, no boosters, no pointless looping. You have to jump around and explore a lot before getting the good ending, but you have to be at a consistent speed to travel through time to do that.

There could also be the return of the races with Metal Sonic, where the loser gets instantly killed. Oh, and those awesome anime scenes!

Those were intense...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

toughmanX
toughmanX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:37 AM Reply

Yay Sonic screw mario yea mama f*cker

Practice makes proficient, because in my opinion, there is no such thing as perfect and 100%. They are terms for bratty females that hate feel guilty.

BBS Signature
toughmanX
toughmanX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:40 AM Reply

DUDE tails IS GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY U hear me? GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Practice makes proficient, because in my opinion, there is no such thing as perfect and 100%. They are terms for bratty females that hate feel guilty.

BBS Signature
blue-ice-cube
blue-ice-cube
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 23rd, 2010 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 5/23/10 10:40 AM, toughmanX wrote: DUDE tails IS GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY U hear me? GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You get your fucking ass off this site you little underage pile of cock sucking SHIT!

foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Sonic Crew May. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:08 PM Reply

OK I vaguely remember an episode where sonic had a staff and it could turn into a paintbrush dont know if thats true or not just want to see if anybody knows what Im talking about.

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 24th, 2010 @ 05:27 PM Reply

I've yet to play Sonic CD yet - one of the few oldies I actually haven't gotten to.

And the name of that DS game is Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. It sounds good enough, and it was apparently made by the Team Fortress 2 guys (BioWare), if memory serves.

At 5/23/10 10:37 AM, toughmanX wrote: Yay Sonic screw mario yea mama f*cker

Go away.

At 5/23/10 07:23 PM, blue-ice-cube wrote:
At 5/23/10 10:40 AM, toughmanX wrote: DUDE tails IS GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY U hear me? GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
You get your fucking ass off this site you little underage pile of cock sucking SHIT!

Could we let this guy in?

At 5/23/10 09:08 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: OK I vaguely remember an episode where sonic had a staff and it could turn into a paintbrush dont know if thats true or not just want to see if anybody knows what Im talking about.

Uh, which series (assuming you mean one of the cartoons)?

foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Sonic Crew May. 25th, 2010 @ 06:23 PM Reply

It was a 3D animation.

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew May. 26th, 2010 @ 06:32 PM Reply

I'm gonna make a good remix of a Sonic song, dedicated to you guys... :D

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 26th, 2010 @ 07:49 PM Reply

Oh man.

Jesus christ, a 10 second trailer that shows no gameplay is already making people rage. Green eyes, the wisps, gay overtones, small feet, "misspelling" of colours, and other shitty excuses to hate this on first site.

Not having your hopes up is one thing (I sure as hell don't) but the amount of ignorance here is legendary.

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew May. 27th, 2010 @ 01:45 AM Reply

At 5/26/10 07:49 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Not having your hopes up is one thing (I sure as hell don't) but the amount of ignorance here is legendary.

I would think it was pretty cool if it came out a year later. Sega keeps rushing games in hopes of making something people will buy. They have to put more time and effort into things.

BBS Signature
foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Sonic Crew May. 30th, 2010 @ 06:49 PM Reply

Sega needs something that everybody would want in a video game: violence, blood, Guns, and more violence.
Maybe a create your own character mode.

enzin2345
enzin2345
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew May. 30th, 2010 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 5/30/10 06:49 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: Sega needs something that everybody would want in a video game: violence, blood, Guns, and more violence.

And what about Madworld?

Oh also, Sega is just a publisher, it doesn't make games...

English, how do you speak it!

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew May. 31st, 2010 @ 11:49 AM Reply

At 5/30/10 06:49 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: Sega needs something that everybody would want in a video game: violence, blood, Guns, and more violence.
Maybe a create your own character mode.

There's plenty of violence and guns in Sonic. And Sonic games are made for children, so blood would just ruin the innocence of the franchise. That's like making the ever-controversial "Mario Whore House" games.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 1st, 2010 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 5/22/10 09:38 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: http://www.sonicretro.org/2010/05/sonic-
4-episode-1-delayed-to-q4-2010-iphone-po rt-confirmed/

Ok, let's go over this again.

A Sonic game.

Delayed.

A modern-day Sonic game has been delayed. DELAYED. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS. Compare this to the amount of FUCK-RUSHED games so far. I think they might actually care this time. Maybe.

Not all games are rushed.
The only one what was would be Sonic '06, Unleashed was in the pot for years, and other titles ran normal development time.

Again, Sonic 06, it didn't work out.

At 5/26/10 07:49 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Oh man.

Jesus christ, a 10 second trailer that shows no gameplay is already making people rage. Green eyes, the wisps, gay overtones, small feet, "misspelling" of colours, and other shitty excuses to hate this on first site.

Not having your hopes up is one thing (I sure as hell don't) but the amount of ignorance here is legendary.

That kind of ignorance is absolutely nothing new with Sonic.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:55 PM Reply

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/us/
You can find a download of the first stage's theme.

It's pretty loyal to the 16bit stuff.

BBS Signature
Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:27 AM Reply

Sonic 4:
Another claim to the re-invention of sonic. Another imminent failure. There is nothing amazingly groundbreaking or mind blowing to this game. It just looks like Sonic Rush with better graphics. And with each news update they dig themselves further and further into the same old hole.

Sonic Colours:
The ten second video is probably longer than the amount of time they spent thinking of this game. They may as well have developed a game about Sonic on an acid trip.

Ultimately Sonic Team couldn't give a damn what peoples opinions of their games are. Instead of putting out one quality game a year, they put out as many as 5 pieces of shit in one year. The sad truth being they probably make more money this way. The fact people still hold hopes of these games being decent after this long is laughable.

I think this sums it up perfectly.

Sonic Crew

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:27 AM Reply

You're banished from this crew.

BBS Signature
Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:17 AM Reply

At 6/3/10 03:27 AM, knuxrouge wrote: You're banished from this crew.

Banished you say?
Does my opinion disappoint you?

BBS Signature
foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:14 PM Reply

At 6/3/10 05:17 AM, Aggressive wrote:
Banished you say?
Does my opinion disappoint you?

Not me.
I appreciate them....maybe.

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:28 PM Reply

Uh, why? He's pretty much right, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Unless that was sarcasm - in which case, internet sarcasm isn't my strong suit.

The ONLY game Sonic Team has cooked up that's seemingly any good is Unleashed. For the most part, we're stuck relying on fangames & third-party companies to make anybody care about Sonic anymore, and that's just wrong on so many levels.

However, I'm still not judging Sonic 4 yet until I know more.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 4th, 2010 @ 01:52 AM Reply

I was reading Sonic the Comic the other day, and.....oh dear.

Sonic Crew

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 4th, 2010 @ 02:00 AM Reply

I am high disappointed with Aggressive's opinions (although the banished comment was a joke).

Games are just announced and rage ensues, I thought our veteran members were above that.

It's one thing to be pessimistic, but that was a bit......
:\
well--it seems this crew his hopeless.
No longer to we talk about Sonic as we do bitch and complain about him, not the crew I fell in love with almost 3 years ago. It's a shame.

Well, I've come for info on Sonic Colors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQrzkz_Z OU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIyPlyHqw FQ

Enclosed in these videos are scans of a look at an interview about the game, the screen shots look outstanding in my opinion.
But, what do I know, I'm just someone who waits patiently for the game instead of bursting out in a fit over a trailer.

I recently joined Sega's official BBS, and I'm pretty active there, I go by the screen name "1994".
It generally full of 3 types of people, the people who whine, for whatever reason, the adolescent fanboy types, and the rare folks like me, who just sit back and wait for the game, plays it and decides if the game is worth anything on their own judgment. It's pretty annoying, but that's the price I pay being apart of this fanbase. To be honest, I'm fairly hype about both Sonic 4 (even though I don't agree with the concept behind it) and Colors, I'll be sure to grab all 3 games (including DS version of colors, which is far more Sonic Rush-esque) when they come out.

Incidentally, I'm leaving this crew and entrusting my role as 50% leader (for whatever it's worth) to....no one. It dies with my membership. Not that it matters.
This place is too dark and pessimistic, and I see I am of a stark minority. To many complaint come from inside and outside of this fanbase, this crew was sort of a safe haven from all that, not that it didn't have it's complaints, but there was more optimism. This thread is on more life support than the SSBC.

And this place used to be fun. Now it's~

members complain about sonic
new member tries to join
doesnt meet criteria and is promptly told to gtfo
repeat

It's depressing. I know I'm rambling on a bit, so I'll just see my way out.

It's been a blast.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 4th, 2010 @ 02:32 AM Reply

At 6/4/10 02:00 AM, knuxrouge wrote: No longer to we talk about Sonic as we do bitch and complain about him, not the crew I fell in love with almost 3 years ago. It's a shame.

The crew you fell in love with was a group of die-hard Sonic fans that still had a speck of hope left for the series, and honestly thought Unleashed would be as good as it looked promised to be. Unleashed, like it or not, was what spawned the so-called "Sonic Cycle". Black Knight was an embarassment, and looking at how pathetically hard they're trying at appealing to the "old fans" it appears that Sonic doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Whether the games are playable or not, whether or not this one next game might be the most glorious light in the history of the franchise, one can't deny that Sonic is an embarrassment to look at now. Nobody takes the series seriously anymore, especially not the developers.

The Sonic Crew hasn't actually been about Sonic discussion for a long time. It's become a garbage dump of the shitstorms produced on the VG forum, all the hate for Sonic over the years.

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 4th, 2010 @ 12:42 PM Reply

More or less why I left.
I felt like talking about Sonic with people who actually like Sonic.

This isn't the place for that anymore.

BBS Signature
foxkitaxel
foxkitaxel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Art Lover
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 4th, 2010 @ 03:05 PM Reply

Well theres not much to talk about anymore no new games in forever that actually matters or sparks any real creativity or interest. A lot of flash movies that feature sonic look like every other anime show in japan, nothing new happens. Would it be beteer if somebody died like aminor character or something or would it be better if we had a new face?
I just dont know.

Aggressive
Aggressive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to Sonic Crew Jun. 4th, 2010 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 6/4/10 02:00 AM, knuxrouge wrote: I am high disappointed with Aggressive's opinions (although the banished comment was a joke).
Games are just announced and rage ensues, I thought our veteran members were above that.
It's one thing to be pessimistic, but that was a bit......

I simply shed some very common knowledge on the issue. I've noticed 3 types of fans associated with the new games. The Nostalgia-fags who are nigh impossible to please, those who still hold high hopes that one of these new games will redeem the franchise, and the realists, those who realize the trends of sonic team and know that there is very little chance of these changing.

Enclosed in these videos are scans of a look at an interview about the game, the screen shots look outstanding in my opinion.
But, what do I know, I'm just someone who waits patiently for the game instead of bursting out in a fit over a trailer.

Oh please, you talk as if you're some kind of higher deity because you're reserving judgement. I made a snap judgement based on the limited information I had seen and easily identified similar trends with past 'promising' games. It's extremely immature to react in the way you have after hearing a lighthearted opinion that differs from your own. Though it does not surprise me, it is typical of the Sonic fandom.

To be honest, I'm fairly hype about both Sonic 4 (even though I don't agree with the concept behind it) and Colors, I'll be sure to grab all 3 games (including DS version of colors, which is far more Sonic Rush-esque) when they come out.

I came to the conclusion after Sonic 06 that I would no longer follow information about new Sonic games prior to release so that I would not set my expectations too high. I still buy all new Sonic games and enjoy many of them to an extent. But after this long it is incredibly hard to look past the same mistakes Sonic Team keep making and how a seemingly large percentage fail to see these trends.

Incidentally, I'm leaving this crew and entrusting my role as 50% leader (for whatever it's worth) to....no one. It dies with my membership. Not that it matters.
This place is too dark and pessimistic, and I see I am of a stark minority. To many complaint come from inside and outside of this fanbase, this crew was sort of a safe haven from all that, not that it didn't have it's complaints, but there was more optimism. This thread is on more life support than the SSBC.

Holy shit, I come back for one post and kick up a stink with who I though one of the more mature members of this crew. If your post was any more dramatic they'd probably cast you for the next Twilight movie. You're not a minority, you in fact are in the majority. The mindless sonic fans who believe Sonic Team can change and will swallow their lies time and time again. Noticing this does not make me any less of a Sonic fan, I've found a medium to where I can enjoy many aspects of the fandom and tolerate the many downfalls.

It's been a blast.

This was an amazing read and if my post leads to the death of this crew, I'd be ever so proud.

BBS Signature