00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Crew

835,582 Views | 16,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-06-12 09:33:54

Might as well contribute...

1. Sonic, ofc. And, I wouldn't say I have a least favorite.
  2. Depends on the context.
  3. Both, but I was only able to play Mobile Ports due to not having much money to get anything physical. Read the Classic Archie Comics, and a few panels from, well, the rest of it. Including Fleetway and some IDW.
  4. ..okay, these I can't decide.
  5. ......this would be much more easier if I had any I hated.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-07-12 06:17:06

At 6/12/21 09:33 AM, shintsukimi205 wrote: Might as well contribute...

what about the sonic eraser ost

MEEAT

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-07-12 06:59:11

At 6/3/21 07:03 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 6/3/21 07:00 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote: Finally! A place for me! I got so much to talk about here...hopefully this place is still active, hope I didn't rush in too late.
just to make sure this place is active and keeps on runnin' I'd like to ask a few questions.

these are some hard questions

1. my favorite character would be either Gemerl ,Gamma or the Eggman since he is the one with the master plan
  2. I have ben a fan for as long as I can remember playing sonic 1 & 2
  3. Mostly the games and amazing hacks mods and the games the community has made, I have never had the chance to read the comics
  4. the hardest question I'm just gonna name a few of each. Sonic Battle ,the adventure games ,Advance 3 ,Mania(of course) ,Sonic 3 &Knuckles Mean Bean Machine my least favorite are Sonic Eraser ,Sonic Genesis ,Spinball , Sonic Labyrinth
  5. Some of my favorite songs are Knight of the Wind ,Supporting Me ,Look-a-Like ,Ice Cap Zone , Stardust Speedway B ,and this machine

MEEAT

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-07-28 12:40:11

At 6/3/21 07:00 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote: Finally! A place for me! I got so much to talk about here...hopefully this place is still active, hope I didn't rush in too late.
just to make sure this place is active and keeps on runnin' I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. As basic-bitch as it's going to sound, I'd have to say Sonic is my favorite, mostly because of the untapped potential the character has that SEGA won't dive into regarding his personality and view on things. There's so much more to the character when listening to things like the lyrics to his themes. As for least favorite character, I'm probably going to go with Big the Cat, not because of the character itself, but because of the mass of social media flooding to idolize him, it just began to burn me out on the character over time.
  2. Been playing the games since they first came out in the early 90's, stuck with it the whole time.
  3. I play the games, enjoy the cartoons, and read the comics. I even run a comic project! (check out my profile for the first two dubbed issues, shilling time)
  4. In terms of 'Classic' games, I'll say Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my favorite title, and the 'Modern' games would be Sonic Unleashed.
  5. There are....far too many tracks that I can name, from each game, that would be a favorite of mine. In terms of fan content, though, check out the album called 'Project Chaos', it's a Sonic 3 & Knuckles album done many years ago, but it's one of the best I've heard!

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-07-28 12:58:34 (edited 2021-07-28 13:02:01)

I'll throw my two cents in.

1. It's the most basic answer, but it's the truest one I can offer. Sonic has potential that remains untapped even to this day, and I'm not even talking about the games, although it's true of that, too. As a character, he's far more nuanced, with several deep character flaws that are on display throughout the franchise's history. It's mostly in the JP dubs granted, but there's a flash of brilliance on the ENG side from time to time. From the lyrics in his themes, to his motivations and reasons to do what he does. It really sucks that so many write him off as a two-note hasbeen.
  2. Old fan. I've been a fan for as long as I can remember. I briefly dropped out for a couple years, because I thought I was "too cool" for it... but nah, it'll never be uncool to like Sonic The Hedgehog.
  3. Both. While I don't follow the comics as closely anymore, I still peek at them sometimes. I'm more on the games side. These days, I'm enjoying the older titles. It's a great resource when you're doing research on your fan comic. (Psst, Go read Sonic Legacy!)
  4. Oh geez, I have a couple. Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos for the classic era, Sonic Riders for the adventure era, and Sonic Gens for the modern era.
  5. Honestly it'd be far, far easier to list the amount of songs I don't like. Can I just list a few off the top of my head? In no particular order: Supporting Me, Endless Possibilities, Fighting Onward, Un-Gravitify, Virtual Enemies, and Open Your Heart

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-07-30 20:47:50

Gonna keep this topic alive, more impressed with how long it's existed.

For those who have seen the reveal for "Sonic Rangers", what are your immediate thoughts on the reveal? Any expectations you have for the title, or things that you want SEGA to avoid?

Give what Iizuka stated in recent interviews, it looks like this title is going to be an evolution of the formula, so we may not be seeing your traditional 'Boost' gameplay like Unleashed - Forces. Maybe we'll be back into a more momentum/explorative setting?

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-07-30 22:16:43

At 7/30/21 08:47 PM, CelestOrion wrote: Gonna keep this topic alive, more impressed with how long it's existed.

For those who have seen the reveal for "Sonic Rangers", what are your immediate thoughts on the reveal? Any expectations you have for the title, or things that you want SEGA to avoid?

Give what Iizuka stated in recent interviews, it looks like this title is going to be an evolution of the formula, so we may not be seeing your traditional 'Boost' gameplay like Unleashed - Forces. Maybe we'll be back into a more momentum/explorative setting?

Honestly, I'm excited. But tbh I was excited for Forces...I know it was a huge disappointment, and I get it. But is it bad that I really liked the OC maker?

Anyways, I think I'm really excited. A lot of people are worried that SEGA hasn't learned since Forces and that Iizuka has only stated it to get good press on it, but I have faith. SEGA isn't one to make the same mistakes, and if you look closely at the hedgehog's gaming history, they've always tried something new with every installment.

Here's my evidence:

-Sonic tried racing games and 3d/maze games as early as the Game Gear, despite failing miserably. (Sonic Chaos anyone?)

-Sonic's 3D introduction was just after Mario 64. Despite being rocky for its start, Mario 64 went for the basic "save the princess" formula while Sonic Adventure went for individual character development, individual character stories and gameplay, fun minigames, and for the time it was so successful it spawned a sequel, Sonic Adventure 2, which created even more improved character lore, gameplay and game development.

-Sonic Heroes tried a team character gameplay formula, and team gameplay was even apparent in Sonic 2, with Tails as an add on character. Mario did not have this formula until 2009 with Super Mario Bros. Wii. (I could be wrong about this)

-While Mario continues its endeavors in the "save the princess" formula with different gameplay styles successfully developed, Sonic has continued to develop new ideas in terms of the game's world, characters, and story. The only series that can contest this in the Marioverse is the Paper Mario series, which has subsequently declined since Color Splash according to fans.

Examples of the last point: Sonic Unleashed (Werehog gameplay, once hated, now hailed, day and night mode and town exploration), Sonic and the Black Knight (despite bad controls, the story and plot were on as well as the characterizations, Sonic in the world of the Knights of the Round Table), Sonic and the Secret Rings (see Black Knight, Sonic in the world of the 1001 Arabian Nights), Sonic Colors (the world of an amusement park and powerup beings called Wisps), Sonic Lost World (Sonic continues his bond with Tails since Colors and despite Tails being written as a cowardly character, Sonic still cares about him, the Zeti despite being weak and cheaply written characters), hell, even Forces (original character gameplay, war against Eggman instated as a plot point where Eggman almost blows up the sun (possible reference to SA2's Eggman "pissing on the moon"), Infinite despite being weakly written). You could even count Sonic Boom with its own world, own character versions and own story, but that's gotten hated to the point that I don't even want to add it to the list, and also of the fact that it is NOT in the main canon.

Despite staffing changes, new hirings (Tyson Hesse and Tee Lopes), story direction and even direction within SEGA's headquarters, Sonic has only had one thing going for him that led him to this point: If it fails, try again with something new.

I'll never look back, I've got no regrets,

Cause time doesn't wait for me

I choose to go my own way

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-08-15 18:43:45

At 8/15/21 03:33 PM, Sebsworld wrote: HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL ACTIVE?!??!?? IT WAS MADE IN 2003

BECAUSE...

WE’RE SONIC HEROES

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-08-19 14:40:09

At 8/15/21 03:33 PM, Sebsworld wrote: HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL ACTIVE?!??!?? IT WAS MADE IN 2003

the power of chaos emeralds help it stayng alive

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-08-21 17:12:31

Next question for this thread: let's keep it pumping!

Who is your favorite Sonic villain? It can be from the games, movies, comics, any animations. (I'm going to give acceptions of popular game-inspired "fan" or "cut" characters including Exe, Nazo and Fleetway among others (I will be including fan comics based on different timelines such as Ghosts of the Future and The Murder of Me as well), but any character similar or of the similarity or likes of Sonichu and fan OCs such as Coldsteel will NOT be counted, for good reason.)

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-08-28 00:46:03

Sonic is awesome and inspiring

πŸ’–πŸŒˆA Quirky Artist & Creator with a Rainbow of Interests!πŸŒˆπŸ’–

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2021-09-04 09:17:34

I'm also in!

Response to Sonic Crew 2023-03-28 01:35:54

Sonic has always been my second favorite mascot of all time. I enjoy his video games, cartoons, and even his movie.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2023-03-31 12:11:23

At 3/28/23 01:35 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Sonic has always been my second favorite mascot of all time. I enjoy his video games, cartoons, and even his movie.

Lemme guess, the first one is Mario. Still pretty damn high tho, welcome to the club

Response to Sonic Crew 2023-03-31 12:13:02

At 7/30/21 10:16 PM, TheMusicalManiac wrote:
At 7/30/21 08:47 PM, CelestOrion wrote: Gonna keep this topic alive, more impressed with how long it's existed.

Honestly, I'm excited. But tbh I was excited for Forces...I know it was a huge disappointment, and I get it. But is it bad that I really liked the OC maker?

Anyways, I think I'm really excited. A lot of people are worried that SEGA hasn't learned since Forces and that Iizuka has only stated it to get good press on it, but I have faith. SEGA isn't one to make the same mistakes, and if you look closely at the hedgehog's gaming history, they've always tried something new with every installment.

Here's my evidence:

-Sonic tried racing games and 3d/maze games as early as the Game Gear, despite failing miserably. (Sonic Chaos anyone?)
-Sonic's 3D introduction was just after Mario 64. Despite being rocky for its start, Mario 64 went for the basic "save the princess" formula while Sonic Adventure went for individual character development, individual character stories and gameplay, fun minigames, and for the time it was so successful it spawned a sequel, Sonic Adventure 2, which created even more improved character lore, gameplay and game development.
-Sonic Heroes tried a team character gameplay formula, and team gameplay was even apparent in Sonic 2, with Tails as an add on character. Mario did not have this formula until 2009 with Super Mario Bros. Wii. (I could be wrong about this)
-While Mario continues its endeavors in the "save the princess" formula with different gameplay styles successfully developed, Sonic has continued to develop new ideas in terms of the game's world, characters, and story. The only series that can contest this in the Marioverse is the Paper Mario series, which has subsequently declined since Color Splash according to fans.
Examples of the last point: Sonic Unleashed (Werehog gameplay, once hated, now hailed, day and night mode and town exploration), Sonic and the Black Knight (despite bad controls, the story and plot were on as well as the characterizations, Sonic in the world of the Knights of the Round Table), Sonic and the Secret Rings (see Black Knight, Sonic in the world of the 1001 Arabian Nights), Sonic Colors (the world of an amusement park and powerup beings called Wisps), Sonic Lost World (Sonic continues his bond with Tails since Colors and despite Tails being written as a cowardly character, Sonic still cares about him, the Zeti despite being weak and cheaply written characters), hell, even Forces (original character gameplay, war against Eggman instated as a plot point where Eggman almost blows up the sun (possible reference to SA2's Eggman "pissing on the moon"), Infinite despite being weakly written). You could even count Sonic Boom with its own world, own character versions and own story, but that's gotten hated to the point that I don't even want to add it to the list, and also of the fact that it is NOT in the main canon.

Despite staffing changes, new hirings (Tyson Hesse and Tee Lopes), story direction and even direction within SEGA's headquarters, Sonic has only had one thing going for him that led him to this point: If it fails, try again with something new.

Hey, past me. You gotta add that Sonic Frontiers is critically acclaimed as the best recent Sonic game in YEARS. wink wink ο»Ώ

Response to Sonic Crew 2023-04-02 15:46:41

At 9/14/03 07:39 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Talk about Sonic the Hedgehog!

can i join?

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to Sonic Crew 2023-04-03 00:21:16

At 4/2/23 09:19 PM, Snug-Bug wrote: Sonic frontiers was good and it brought sonic out of his dark ages.
No changing my mind.

and you're goddamn right!

Response to Sonic Crew 2023-04-03 00:21:41

At 4/2/23 03:46 PM, Cerbskies wrote:
At 9/14/03 07:39 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Talk about Sonic the Hedgehog!
can i join?

all sonic fans are welcome!!