00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Crew

841,934 Views | 16,937 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-29 16:26:39

At 5/29/09 12:12 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
Beta clearly dealt the fatal blow which caused the robot to explode.

But why did it take so long for the shot to take effect?

Ya, I know it was a cut scene, but wouldn't he lose a bunch of rings or something?

If you don't switch to Firefox, you are giving yourself over to IE and forcing yourself to live under its evil regime as a soulless zombie. No one wants that. No one.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-29 22:08:05

At 5/29/09 04:26 PM, Firefoxrocks wrote:
At 5/29/09 12:12 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
Beta clearly dealt the fatal blow which caused the robot to explode.
But why did it take so long for the shot to take effect?

Because unless the shot was combustive, it would take time for the systems to fail.
Plus it's a video game, breathing logic into things like that is a waste of breath.

Ya, I know it was a cut scene, but wouldn't he lose a bunch of rings or something?

o i c wut u did thar
dohohoho

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-29 22:45:59

At 5/27/09 10:20 PM, Twone wrote: Well, he's right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnsn0_w6K 9Q

!!! that looks cool!

also, I think Gamma was kinda screwed up at that point, he got empathy or something
what are the animals in the robots even for anyway? seriously!

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-29 22:58:02

At 5/29/09 10:45 PM, Mizox wrote:
also, I think Gamma was kinda screwed up at that point, he got empathy or something

Ya, I hate it when my electronics come down with empathy.

what are the animals in the robots even for anyway? seriously!

Powering the robot.

I know, sound logic.

If you don't switch to Firefox, you are giving yourself over to IE and forcing yourself to live under its evil regime as a soulless zombie. No one wants that. No one.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 02:18:01

WOO-HOO!!!! I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY CHAOTIX AGAIN!!!!!! ^_^ Just have to do the whole Chaos Ring collecting over again........I admit, w/o an emulator's save states, those levels get HARD.

I'll get Robo Blast 2 when I get done taking care of some other stuff; can't wait to see the awesomeness of it.

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 02:26:56

At 5/30/09 02:18 AM, Assi9 wrote: WOO-HOO!!!! I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY CHAOTIX AGAIN!!!!!! ^_^ Just have to do the whole Chaos Ring collecting over again........I admit, w/o an emulator's save states, those levels get HARD.

I heard that the virtual console ports of the Sonic Classics do something like that too, sounds useful

I'll get Robo Blast 2 when I get done taking care of some other stuff; can't wait to see the awesomeness of it.

YOU WILL NEED A JOYSTICK!
well, if you want to play as Sonic you will, there's some areas where you will need precision in your platforming, specifically, around the acid pool in Techno Hill act 2, oh, and the game looks best at an 8:5 aspect ratio, it's weird, but there you go

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 08:52:25

At 5/28/09 03:01 PM, Assi9 wrote: GOOD GOD! WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T WE HAVE GOTTEN THAT!?!?!?!?

Kinda looks boring.

At 5/30/09 02:18 AM, Assi9 wrote: WOO-HOO!!!! I FINALLY GOT TO PLAY CHAOTIX AGAIN!!!!!! ^_^ Just have to do the whole Chaos Ring collecting over again........I admit, w/o an emulator's save states, those levels get HARD.

I still think it needs more. It didn't seem like a great accomplishment to get all of the emeralds or beat the game.

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 09:27:58

All old school games are like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 10:25:27

At 5/30/09 09:27 AM, knuxrouge wrote: All old school games are like that.

I felt accomplished after I beat the old games... maybe because I never could as a kid.

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 14:44:04

At 5/30/09 10:25 AM, Twone wrote:
I felt accomplished after I beat the old games... maybe because I never could as a kid.

does the carnival nights zone theme music still cause you to assume a fetal position?

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 19:48:53

At 5/30/09 02:44 PM, Mizox wrote:
At 5/30/09 10:25 AM, Twone wrote:
does the carnival nights zone theme music still cause you to assume a fetal position?

Nope!
Fortunately, I figured it out as a kid.
I'll tell you what game gave me night terrors.
James Pond 3.
*shutters*

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-30 19:57:02

At 5/30/09 02:44 PM, Mizox wrote: does the carnival nights zone theme music still cause you to assume a fetal position?

Never got that far, never owned Sonic 3 until Mega Collection. I always rented it and didn't get past Hydrocity. Or Marble, I can't remember.

But the boss of Labrynth made me cry a little inside when I finally beat it. It wasn't even that hard...

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-31 00:52:17

At 5/30/09 07:57 PM, Twone wrote:
At 5/30/09 02:44 PM, Mizox wrote: does the carnival nights zone theme music still cause you to assume a fetal position?
Never got that far, never owned Sonic 3 until Mega Collection. I always rented it and didn't get past Hydrocity. Or Marble, I can't remember.

Hm...
Both have a really hard part in the second act.

But the boss of Labrynth made me cry a little inside when I finally beat it. It wasn't even that hard...

Only when you learn patience does it become easy.
You wanna rush it, but you just gotta take your time.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-31 02:02:58

Finally got Robo Blast 2, and WOW! These people are fangame GODS!!!!

Sadly, I don't have a joystick for my comp, but I do have a nifty gamepad; the manual did say it works for the Story Mode, just not teh multiplayer.

Still getting used to the controls (having DOOM controls is a little hard getting used to in regards to movement).

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-31 02:49:32

At 5/31/09 02:02 AM, Assi9 wrote: Finally got Robo Blast 2, and WOW! These people are fangame GODS!!!!

get as many mods (.wads) as you can if you get bored, you can load them with the launcher (launcher can also activate opengl mode :3)

Sadly, I don't have a joystick for my comp, but I do have a nifty gamepad; the manual did say it works for the Story Mode, just not teh multiplayer.

anything's better than the arrow keys, I used to use a flight yoke, but I can't seem to find it...

Still getting used to the controls (having DOOM controls is a little hard getting used to in regards to movement).

you can change the controls in the options menu, I always do

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-31 18:12:21

Top 5 Sonic Music is here. These are the new-school Sonic songs, from the newer games. New Topic: Whats your favorite New-School and Old-School Sonic Songs.

New: You can check out on my page
Old: For lack of a better one, Green Hill Zone.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-31 18:35:40

old: Emerald Hill, or possibly the sonic 3 act 2 boss theme
new: lots of them! it's crazy!

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-31 21:10:22

For the sake of variety, I don't want my official top 10 to be about Sonic again. So I'll just post it here.

10. Laybrinth Zone (Sonic 1)
9. Sonic 3& Knuckles theme
8. Volcano Valley (Sonic 3D Blast)
7. Lava Reef (Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
6. Rooftop Run (Day) (Sonic Unleashed)
5. Metal Overload (Sonic Heroes)
4. Cosmic Fall (Shadow the Hedgehog)
3. Crisis City (Sonic the Hedgehog 06)
2. Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2)
1. Frog Forest (Sonic Heroes)

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-05-31 21:26:24

Well, I tried the gamepad with Robo Blast, but it doesn't work........damn. :/

At 5/31/09 02:49 AM, Mizox wrote:
At 5/31/09 02:02 AM, Assi9 wrote: Finally got Robo Blast 2, and WOW! These people are fangame GODS!!!!
get as many mods (.wads) as you can if you get bored, you can load them with the launcher (launcher can also activate opengl mode :3)

Plan to. :P

you can change the controls in the options menu, I always do

I meant as far as not being able to turn around (the character's back is always facing you). I guess I'll get used to it eventually.

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-01 01:46:18

At 5/31/09 09:26 PM, Assi9 wrote: Well, I tried the gamepad with Robo Blast, but it doesn't work........damn. :/

did you set it up on the pc and then in the srb2 options?

Plan to. :P

I think alot of the old mods/addons have recently disappeared from the site (I can't find them) so you might want to check the wayback machine copy of the site from about 6 months to a year ago

I meant as far as not being able to turn around (the character's back is always facing you). I guess I'll get used to it eventually.

it is possible to screw with the camera, but it screws up the whole game, so I don't

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-01 02:26:27

At 6/1/09 01:46 AM, Mizox wrote:
At 5/31/09 09:26 PM, Assi9 wrote: Well, I tried the gamepad with Robo Blast, but it doesn't work........damn. :/
did you set it up on the pc and then in the srb2 options?

As far as I can figure, yeah. The gamepad is hooked up to the pc, and I went to the Options selection & turned "Gamepad" to ON.......and nothing.

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-01 11:16:39

What I miss?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-01 14:48:03

At 6/1/09 02:26 AM, Assi9 wrote: As far as I can figure, yeah. The gamepad is hooked up to the pc, and I went to the Options selection & turned "Gamepad" to ON.......and nothing.

both the PC's options and the game's options? sorry, I don't know what to tell you, if I was on site I could probably get it working, but alas, I'm not

nothing is familiar...

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-01 21:34:08

At 6/1/09 11:16 AM, foxkitaxel wrote: What I miss?

We are talking about our favorite new-school/ Old school Sonic music.

At 5/31/09 09:10 PM, knuxrouge wrote:

Wow, that one's an obscure on.

Thought that one was crap. Sorry.

Would've thought you'd put "His World" up here. Or "Endless Possibilities" for that matter

Excuse me? Really?

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-01 22:11:33

Sorry I haven't been posting alot, life's just giving me a kick in the balls lately.

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-01 23:16:59

At 6/1/09 09:34 PM, Firefoxrocks wrote:
At 6/1/09 11:16 AM, foxkitaxel wrote: What I miss?

Sexy secrets.

We are talking about our favorite new-school/ Old school Sonic music.

I was.

At 5/31/09 09:10 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
Wow, that one's an obscure on.

Not for me.

Thought that one was crap. Sorry.

UNFORGIVABLE!!!
*points and screeches*

Would've thought you'd put "His World" up here. Or "Endless Possibilities" for that matter

His World (instrumental) kicks ass, just not as much. Endless Possibilities kicks ass too, but I couldn't find an appropriate spot for it, consider it a #11.

Excuse me? Really?

Yeah, wanna fight about it?

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-02 16:55:19

At 6/1/09 11:16 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
Excuse me? Really?
Yeah, wanna fight about it?

Bring it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-03 01:51:57

Beat Act 1 of Greenflower Zone on SRB2; also downloaded Shadow, Amy, Rouge and Blaze for later.

Finally used to the camera angles.....

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-04 13:00:33

What i miss?

Response to Sonic Crew 2009-06-04 14:55:03

I has Sonic The Hedgehog 1 on my ipod :3

Sonic Crew

life can be real fuckin crazy

BBS Signature