New Topic Respond to this Topic
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-13 13:36:10 Reply

At 4/13/08 01:31 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Question: Which boss fight anyone prefers: the standard fight like in the original Sonic games or the running fight like in the Sonic Advance games?

I think if this were in a real game, some combination of both would be cool.

BBS Signature
Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-13 14:57:32 Reply

At 4/13/08 01:31 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: That I can do. Of course, if your PC is slow, then I don't know how to fix it except considering buying upgrades for your PC.

Pentium III sucks

Question: Which boss fight anyone prefers: the standard fight like in the original Sonic games or the running fight like in the Sonic Advance games?

some of each

I have a suggestion for your camera system, not that I don't like the one you have, but how about you remove the scrolling and then inverse the controls, so that jumping will actually make everything else go down instead of you going up and falling will actually make everything else go up instead of you going down and pressing left will actually make everything else go right etc. etc. so how does that sound?

Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-14 10:58:30 Reply

At 4/13/08 02:57 PM, Mizox wrote:
I have a suggestion for your camera system, not that I don't like the one you have, but how about you remove the scrolling and then inverse the controls, so that jumping will actually make everything else go down instead of you going up and falling will actually make everything else go up instead of you going down and pressing left will actually make everything else go right etc. etc. so how does that sound?

You wanted to not have the camera control and just move the entire stage, right? Technically, I can do that. I can create a way for camera control without resorting to a MovieClip that allows to do that. However, I think using a v-cam is quite easy for me to pan, zoom, change ambient colors, and even restrict the camera movement. Still, it is possible for me to do that. But, why do that if I can easily do that with a v-cam and still get the same results? I don't think it is the cause for the PC to slow down. It all has to do with the "Set Intervals" codes, which actually stabilized the speed of the game. There are other ways that help make the game less choppy, but it's hard to explain it.

Sonic Wii Preloader!
Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!
My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature
Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-14 13:47:29 Reply

I guess I can post another pic from Brawl. Here is RH's fantasy!

Sonic Crew

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature
Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-14 15:57:16 Reply

v-cams always take huge amounts of processing power, the fact that you are using one explains why that simple demo maxed out my cpu even on low quality when even ultimate flash sonic ran at a smooth 30 fps (once again, on low quality) so, uh, yeah, not that it's my job to tell you how to make your game of course, I'm just making suggestions

Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 12:32:28 Reply

At 4/14/08 03:57 PM, Mizox wrote: v-cams always take huge amounts of processing power, the fact that you are using one explains why that simple demo maxed out my cpu even on low quality when even ultimate flash sonic ran at a smooth 30 fps (once again, on low quality) so, uh, yeah, not that it's my job to tell you how to make your game of course, I'm just making suggestions

V-cams are great for Flash animations mainly because there isn't too much interactivity, and not many MCs to deal with (if that is the case). But when it comes to a Flash game that has a lot of MCs (especially if it includes particle effects), then it is taking a chunk out of the processing power. Perhaps, I can edit the v-cam to make it command only to pan. That way

My game wouldn't be a complete Sonic game per se, but a boss battle with Sonic and a character who isn't like a mobian. They will fight a large reptilian alien that first attacks like Blue. He has spiky scales on his back and rolls around. After the first fight, he will grow massive, strong, and sprout wings. He flies as fast as Sonic can dash, so it is up to Blue to bring him down. It's a test of many things: the characters collision to the ground, running on slopes, timelines, and the camera. If I manage to make it as smooth as possible, then I proven something later on.

Oh, and here is more pics from Brawl. It reminds me of another game idea of mine, but that would have to wait, unfortunately.

Sonic Crew

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature
Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 15:38:25 Reply

At 4/15/08 12:32 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: My game...

... is a crappy power rangers ripoff

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 16:04:04 Reply

At 4/15/08 03:38 PM, Mizox wrote:

Don't be dissin the Rangers.

BBS Signature
Seamonky
Seamonky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 16:53:38 Reply

At 4/13/08 01:36 PM, Twone wrote:
At 4/13/08 01:31 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Question: Which boss fight anyone prefers: the standard fight like in the original Sonic games or the running fight like in the Sonic Advance games?
I think if this were in a real game, some combination of both would be cool.

The Sonic Advance games were fun to play. I would like to play another game like those. :D

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.
Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature
Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 17:23:39 Reply

Are you here to make fun of me? What little trust this pathetic world has brought! It is no wonder that the world will end soon!

Will you try to trust on me at least once?

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature
kill343guiltyspark
kill343guiltyspark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 18:29:25 Reply

Hey guys, I'm back from a long stint with computer downtime. I see this place has been doing well since february. HOw many of you actually even noticed I was gone?

What I lack in accuracy, I make up for in enthusiasm

BBS Signature
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 18:32:09 Reply

At 4/15/08 06:29 PM, kill343guiltyspark wrote: Hey guys, I'm back from a long stint with computer downtime. I see this place has been doing well since february. HOw many of you actually even noticed I was gone?

Me. :'(

Welcome back, champ!

BBS Signature
Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 18:46:35 Reply

At 4/15/08 05:23 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote:
Are you here to make fun of me? What little trust this pathetic world has brought! It is no wonder that the world will end soon!

Will you try to trust on me at least once?

sorry, it's just that so many people make crap that I have come to expect crap whenever I see something which I don't quite understand or suchlike, don't take it personally, I'm sure your game will be great, it's just that I was expecting something a bit more like the classics or the handhelds

flashash220
flashash220
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-15 21:38:43 Reply

SOnic is now on the ipod
SUCK IT MARIO!

There are 10 types of people in the world, Those who get binary,
And those who beat the shit out of those who do

BBS Signature
TheElSalvador
TheElSalvador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-16 09:50:56 Reply

I would like to join your fine crew. I hearby submit my charcter; Blonic the B stands for black. He loves him some water melons and when massa permits he likes to ravage his daughter and produce little halflings perfectly suited for field work. I think Blonic would be a great asset to your organization as he could provide 14 heads of manpower and funding through his many welffare checks... I mean children. Thank you kindly for your consideration.

Sonic Crew

I ruined 3 monitors trying to write my name in this box.

Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-16 13:02:14 Reply

At 4/15/08 06:29 PM, kill343guiltyspark wrote: Hey guys, I'm back from a long stint with computer downtime. I see this place has been doing well since february. HOw many of you actually even noticed I was gone?

Well, I am a new member, so I never know that you were here . . .

. . . but I should have join a lot earlier since I'm a long time fan. Fear, ignorance, and mistrust prevented me from joining.

At 4/15/08 06:46 PM, Mizox wrote:
sorry, it's just that so many people make crap that I have come to expect crap whenever I see something which I don't quite understand or suchlike, don't take it personally, I'm sure your game will be great, it's just that I was expecting something a bit more like the classics or the handhelds

I take everything step-by-step and never rushes things. Crawl before walk, you know? I do have the knowledge to recreate the classic gameplay and make it performed like the Sonic Advance games. It is just that I need to take it step-by-step. I know how to make a platformer with precise collision detection. I know about trigonometry and how to use it in a game. I know how to pause the game. I know the basis of a platformer. What I need is to figure out all of the aspects and simulate it. Patient you need to be, yes? *Talks like Yoda*

I can recreate the Sonic gameplay you come to love since you are a purist. . . but I think it's more fun making a boss battle. Then again, it may be a little complex. I'll just stick to the core gameplay.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature
Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-16 16:13:12 Reply

At 4/16/08 01:02 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote:
Well, I am a new member, so I never know that you were here . . .

he's the leader, twone and aggressive are the senior officers

. . . but I should have join a lot earlier since I'm a long time fan. Fear, ignorance, and mistrust prevented me from joining.

yeah, this place can get a bit rough at times, you haven't been around long enough to see the worst of it, but it tends to go in cycles of between a few weeks and a few months, so yeah, you'll be seeing the members vs noobs front pretty soon

At 4/15/08 06:46 PM, Mizox wrote:
I take everything step-by-step and never rushes things. Crawl before walk, you know? I do have the knowledge to recreate the classic gameplay and make it performed like the Sonic Advance games. It is just that I need to take it step-by-step. I know how to make a platformer with precise collision detection. I know about trigonometry and how to use it in a game. I know how to pause the game. I know the basis of a platformer. What I need is to figure out all of the aspects and simulate it. Patient you need to be, yes? *Talks like Yoda*

I can recreate the Sonic gameplay you come to love since you are a purist. . . but I think it's more fun making a boss battle. Then again, it may be a little complex. I'll just stick to the core gameplay.

I'm not a purist, but you should probably start out with safe and recognizeable gameplay before you diverge too much, once again, only suggestions

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-16 17:36:41 Reply

At 4/15/08 09:38 PM, flashash220 wrote: SOnic is now on the ipod
SUCK IT MARIO!

... k

At 4/16/08 09:50 AM, TheElSalvador wrote: Blonic

Overused picture.

At 4/16/08 01:02 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Well, I am a new member, so I never know that you were here . . .

He's the club's leader.

BBS Signature
Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-16 20:48:24 Reply

At 4/16/08 04:13 PM, Mizox wrote:
he's the leader, twone and aggressive are the senior officers

Okay.

yeah, this place can get a bit rough at times, you haven't been around long enough to see the worst of it, but it tends to go in cycles of between a few weeks and a few months, so yeah, you'll be seeing the members vs noobs front pretty soon

For as long as I am not being treated like a noob, I wouldn't call anyone here "arrogant jerks". You never know how many of them I have experienced, but I met with a lot. They believed to be "gods" because there seems to be no one who can stop them, and they also have tons of toadies and followers. They're too arrogant to noticed that they are not the only ones nor that they can be any better. In fact, they won't dare to bother noticing me as their equal and treating me like I am not a fan or talented, unless I sacrifice my freedom and become a toady. Oppression is my enemy and I will defend my freedom from it!

Guess who also hates oppression.
I'm not a purist, but you should probably start out with safe and recognizeable gameplay before you diverge too much, once again, only suggestions

That is so like me! Yeah, I usually tend to create "epic" games out of Flash, but it is the reason why it takes so long. Making games is best to work in teams, but I can manage to do it on my own . . . well, not music, voices, and sounds. Demos are all I can do, but it will help me understand better on how I can program games. But hey, if I figure out a Sonic engine in Flash, then if will be a lot easier to do other things with it.

It does seem that I have been taking your suggestions, but I am only helping myself. They were good suggestions.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature
CrAzYfOrAtReYu
CrAzYfOrAtReYu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-16 23:10:14 Reply

I gotta get on NG more often....can I join the Sonic Crew?
I love Sonic...even more than Mario...he's even my main in Brawl
Anyways...anyone plan on getting Sonic Unleashed?(for whatever system you have...I got Wii)

All Hail Shadow!
His World!!!
The Worlds Greatest Hedgehogs....Sonic
&Shadow

BBS Signature
Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-17 01:28:41 Reply

At 4/16/08 11:10 PM, CrAzYfOrAtReYu wrote: I gotta get on NG more often....can I join the Sonic Crew?
Anyways...anyone plan on getting Sonic Unleashed?(for whatever system you have...I got Wii)

And I bet you got Sonic and the Secret Rings and played Mario's & Sonic at the Olympics as any Mobians.

I'm not sure that the Wii will have that game because of its graphics (looks like something out of XBox 360). Maybe it will because, unfortunately, Sega is not know for graphically-intense gameplay (except maybe Virtua Fighter series or the Total War series), even though most game have beautiful graphics. I can't stop thinking how pretty the worlds in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams looks.

It's a shame that I don't have a hi-end PC to use because I would like to play Phantasy Star Universe. I keep receiving emails from Sega about that game and its features.

And if anyone thinks I am off the topic, both NiGHTS and Phantasy Star Universe are Sonic Team games. It's not a need to always talk about Blue in this club.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature
TheElSalvador
TheElSalvador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-17 05:31:50 Reply

At 4/16/08 09:50 AM, TheElSalvador wrote: Blonic
Overused picture.

Bah, you guys are like elephants. I submitted that one a few months back. Glad to have made an impact, though! Check ya on da flip flop my fellow Sonic Crew-ers! That's right, I initiated myself. Don't even try to revoke it, I have friends in high places and they will... I bore myself, this is boring, I quit Sonic Crew. You'll rue this day, RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED BLONIC the THUGHOG!

Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-17 15:15:03 Reply

At 4/17/08 05:31 AM, TheElSalvador wrote: I quit Sonic Crew.

You were never in it, so you can't really quit. Good day to you sir.

BBS Signature
Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-17 17:36:17 Reply

At 4/16/08 11:10 PM, CrAzYfOrAtReYu wrote: I gotta get on NG more often....can I join the Sonic Crew?

please obtain a total of 100 mature(ish) posts and we will accept you, under no circumstances act like a noob

TheElSalvador
TheElSalvador
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-17 19:13:13 Reply

At 4/17/08 03:15 PM, Twone wrote:
At 4/17/08 05:31 AM, TheElSalvador wrote: I quit Sonic Crew.
You were never in it, so you can't really quit. Good day to you sir.

Did you not read my post? I initiated myself, I need not your false authority to govern my actions.
I also quit in that very same paragraph, my stint in the Sonic Crew was brief yet it shall shine for ages to come, all will fall silent when my great name merely uttered in passing. Which is what you should have done, cuz now I kinda like it here.

Mizox
Mizox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-17 22:14:40 Reply

At 4/17/08 07:13 PM, TheElSalvador wrote: stuff

shut up

At 4/17/08 07:56 PM, metalsonic12 wrote: I'm back!!

you shut up too

new sonic unleashed info, this time actually from sega! clicky
they have confirmed the following:
game is half 2D half 3D
game has been in development for about 3 years
game will be available for wii, 360, ps2, and ps3
earth's seven continents are blasted apart, each one has 1 chaos emerald and sonic needs all of them to bring earth back together
something happens to the gameplay at night, sega doesn't say but we already know what it is (werewolf)
game will look and play awesome (updated gameplay video available at site)

sega does not seem to take account of the gravitational anomalies which would be caused by earth's splitting into 7 substantially less massive peices, but no matter, anyways, the wikipedia article on the game says something about the game being developed with the concept of a sonic adventure 3 (and the fact that they've been devoting all of their resources to it for the last 3 years explains all those cheap-jack games we've had in the last 3 years, hmm, maybe they'll bring back Drummond to show how the last 3 years shouldn't be accounted for in the franchise, but most likely it won't happen, *sigh*)

NEW ISSUE OF STCO!

WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-18 10:11:34 Reply

At 4/17/08 10:14 PM, Mizox wrote:
At 4/17/08 07:13 PM, TheElSalvador wrote: stuff
shut up

At 4/17/08 07:56 PM, metalsonic12 wrote: I'm back!!
you shut up too

A LOL is required here.

new sonic unleashed info, this time actually from sega! clicky
they have confirmed the following:
game is half 2D half 3D

Trying to get the best of both worlds, hey?

game has been in development for about 3 years
game will be available for wii, 360, ps2, and ps3

playstation still making ps2 games? I suppose they'll probably stop when the price of the ps3 falls a lot.

earth's seven continents are blasted apart, each one has 1 chaos emerald and sonic needs all of them to bring earth back together

woah! massive

something happens to the gameplay at night, sega doesn't say but we already know what it is (werewolf)

lol they stole the "chaos sonic" idea from knux! =P

game will look and play awesome (updated gameplay video available at site)

video took too long to load, so I didn't see it. Is the 2D/3D combo kinda like 2D movements (forward/back/up/down) within a 3D environment (like Kirby 64)?

sega does not seem to take account of the gravitational anomalies which would be caused by earth's splitting into 7 substantially less massive peices, but no matter, anyways, the wikipedia article on the game says something about the game being developed with the concept of a sonic adventure 3 (and the fact that they've been devoting all of their resources to it for the last 3 years explains all those cheap-jack games we've had in the last 3 years, hmm, maybe they'll bring back Drummond to show how the last 3 years shouldn't be accounted for in the franchise, but most likely it won't happen, *sigh*)

I liked to imagine that Sonic came from a fantasy world without people or matching geography. Oh well. But still, 3 years. 2D/3D graphics. Sounds like you've got high hopes for this one.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-18 15:30:27 Reply

Apparently, browsing around the net lead me to find this. I do expect that to happen, since Blue is still popular . . .

Maybe there is hope . . . but not for me!

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature
arnold756
arnold756
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-18 15:53:37 Reply

I am joining

Sonic Crew

Dark-Volcano-Sam
Dark-Volcano-Sam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Sonic Crew 2008-04-18 17:09:05 Reply

At 4/18/08 03:53 PM, arnold756 wrote: I am joining

I am SO taking your gif away from you! Post 100 mature posts, please.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature