00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sony Acid?

865 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sony Acid? 2008-03-03 07:03:17

Is it any good to make songs?

GAMERTAG: robm227

Response to Sony Acid? 2008-03-03 07:24:24

At 3/3/08 07:03 AM, dumassstudios wrote: Is it any good to make songs?

I thought you make "your" music with it? How come you ask now if it's "good to make songs"?

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Sony Acid? 2008-03-03 12:53:06

I have the program myself and I can tell you that ACID is more of a companion program, meaning you wouldn't want to get it if you just want to make music from scratch.

Sony ACID is loop based. With ACID comes a big bundle of loops you can use to make songs, but I wouldn't prefer that unless you aren't going to be really serious with your music. It would be nice to have more tools/programs/instruments to go with it. If you are recording audio from drums or guitar or something like that, then I guess it's fine, though I would prefer Abelton Live instead. It costs a little bit more, but it's worth it if you're gonna be recording audio or midi. If you want a program to throw all your music and audio clips together, then this program is for you.

I hope all that helps, because it should. If you need help, just PM me.

Response to Sony Acid? 2008-03-03 21:15:53

At 3/3/08 12:53 PM, DeadEndRoad wrote: Sony ACID is loop based. With ACID comes a big bundle of loops you can use to make songs, but I wouldn't prefer that unless you aren't going to be really serious with your music. It would be nice to have more tools/programs/instruments to go with it. If you are recording audio from drums or guitar or something like that, then I guess it's fine, though I would prefer Abelton Live instead. It costs a little bit more, but it's worth it if you're gonna be recording audio or midi. If you want a program to throw all your music and audio clips together, then this program is for you.

I hope all that helps, because it should. If you need help, just PM me.

I'm gonna have to dissagree with you a bit here, ACID's best feature is it's recording tools and gives you the best recording quality of any program on the market, and while yes it does have alot of loops they are really ment to be used as accompanyments. Contarary to what DeadEnd said ACID has an ausome range of Dynamic effects & great automation/enveloping tools. (He may actualy be talking about ACID Studio as opposed to ACID Pro, in which case that is kinda true).

Rather or not it's good for making music really depends on what type of music you making. ACID is geared a bit more toward rock, and works best if you have hardware/instraments to record. Also it's really not an easy program to use and takes alot of tutorials to get the hang of.

WUML Lowell 91.5 FM - Real Underground Radio

BBS Signature