00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

You're locked in the supermarket.

2,389 Views | 29 Replies

You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 00:58:33

I did a thread similar to this the other day, but I think this one is a lot more interesting. Okay, say you were, for whatever reason, alone in a supermarket. Completely alone. The electricity is still on, everything still works, but it's just you. You've got every single product to yourself.

So, how would you make sure you didn't waste what you had? What would you make a bed out of? What would you do for entertainment? Would you figure out a way to cook food or would you just eat 'no cooking required' foods? I've wondered about this subject since I was a kid, and I think it would be fun to find out what others would do in this sitution. Have a think about it, this is just a grocery store, not a big place full of other shops. Just a grocery store. So go on, what would you do?

You conniving, randy, bogus-Oriental old queen! Your record sleeves are better than your songs!

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 00:59:30

How would I get food?

Eeeyup~

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 00:59:43

I hope it's not Walgreens...

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:01:44

It's a supermarket, nothing will go to waste due to refrigerators and freezers. Theres usually a TV and a great deal of DVD movies. And I can sleep in a mountain of magazines.

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:02:44

I'd just suck a dick to get out. :)

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:02:51

Well, I'm just going to assume that this is my local supermarket.

For food, I would probably just use the deli and meal section to cook foods. As for fun, well, my local safeway has movie rentals, so I'd sit around watching movies for a while, and then leave.

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:03:21

At 3/3/08 01:01 AM, The-Omnipresence wrote: It's a supermarket, nothing will go to waste due to refrigerators and freezers. Theres usually a TV and a great deal of DVD movies. And I can sleep in a mountain of magazines.

I doubt the refrigerators are on and I also doubt that there's any nearby electricity outlets.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:04:58

At 3/3/08 01:03 AM, AdolfHitIer wrote: I doubt the refrigerators are on and I also doubt that there's any nearby electricity outlets.

"The electricity is still on, everything still works"

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:06:30

First, with so many non-perishables about, I'd see if the registers had any cash. Realistically, if they found me, they'd assume I'd had a hand in breaking them all open and hiding it all somewhere (plus if everything still works, the video tapes would have me doing it). But it would be kinda exhilarating to touch so much money at once and think that I might be able to own it all. I'm a poor student, shush.

Then, I'd call out for help (cell phone, pay phones). Actually I'd be doing this first. I would assume I was magically trapped in for X amount of time just yet. After getting no help, I'd try to break out. They usually have big glass automatic doors, at least the ones around where I live do.

After this magically doesn't work, I'd probably start to panic and shit.

Fast forward to when I come to terms with it, I'd be trying to move all the meat to whatever freezers the place has. For preservation and to prevent the whole place smelling like dead fish in a week's time. I probably wouldn't have enough freezer space.

I'm assuming there'd be tons of shit in the back that I could make some fun little forts out of. There'd probably actually be a bed or at least a couch somewhere in the place, staff lounge or manager's office, that sort of thing.

After settling I'd probably pass the time by doing laps or something. Then I'd move on to playing with shit and doing dangerous things with mini forklifts before I either killed myself, go insane or get rescued.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:07:15

I'd eat all the Froot Loops!

After that, I'd go on a jar smashing rampage.

Coast 2 Coast- Pre-Release off of my band's Debut Full-Length album "Surrey's Finest".

Stella - My Band

Arc of the Universe Music Inc. - Our record label.

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:07:47

Wait, couldn't I just break open the windows in the front?

Eeeyup~

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:08:13

At 3/3/08 01:04 AM, The-Omnipresence wrote:
At 3/3/08 01:03 AM, AdolfHitIer wrote: I doubt the refrigerators are on and I also doubt that there's any nearby electricity outlets.
"The electricity is still on, everything still works"

It will run out once they know that the supermarket hasn't been playing it's bills.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:14:32

I'd eat the products from supermarket, then, in the morning, I would hide somewhere, wait until opening, and quickly escape.

ALL MY FRIEND CODES

My username is pronounced "mah-chee-o". Thank you for your attention.

Youtube Account (under construction)

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:19:37

At 3/3/08 01:08 AM, AdolfHitIer wrote:
It will run out once they know that the supermarket hasn't been playing it's bills.

Now you're just finding ways to shoot my plans down. It's a magic store it shall never run out of power.

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:23:27

At 3/3/08 12:59 AM, AdolfHitIer wrote: I hope it's not Walgreens...

Oh, but Walgreens has a section for prescription drugs, I'd steal all they're opiates and be high all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:29:00

Huh.
It'd be a lot like working for Wall Mart.

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:30:28

At 3/3/08 01:19 AM, The-Omnipresence wrote:
At 3/3/08 01:08 AM, AdolfHitIer wrote:
Now you're just finding ways to shoot my plans down. It's a magic store it shall never run out of power.

If it's a magic store then why can't you just use the magic teleporter?

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 01:34:59

At 3/3/08 01:32 AM, Peaceblossom wrote:
You're overanalyzing and missing the point, and I think you're doing it because you feel too uncreative to discuss your plans of being stuck in a store.

Fine, then I will just take all of the things from the construction aisle and make it into a battering ram.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 02:59:55

id attempt to make some sort of bomb and either blowmyself up trying, blow a hole in the wall and escape or id set the store on fire and wait in the freezer till it burnt down and escape .
behold my genious and bad grammer

INB4 BANNED

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 03:03:02

i'd probably play with the women's underwear till i starved to death.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 03:12:10

At 3/3/08 03:10 AM, Suaron wrote: If it was Wal-Mart, I'd sit around playing games all the time, slowly eating away at the food until I ran out and starved to death...

you could always use a cell phone and call for help.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 04:15:15

I'd grab two pillows, duct tape, condoms and vaseline.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 04:26:15

Unless the doors had steel shutters, I'd just bust out.

But if that was the case, I'd scout the place out to see if there was anything to cook the food that needed cooking. Then I would proceed to see what else there was around.

There's normally a place for pillows, so I'd make a bed out of that. In the time when boredom has struck, I'd either find something to build, of see what I could mess around with.

Other than that, I'd find a way to get out or call for help.

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 04:46:55

At 3/3/08 12:58 AM, Rebbay wrote: The electricity is still on, everything still works

In that case, I'd just walk out of the electric doors.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 04:48:38

lol bump

ARRRRRR! I'm a pirate.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 05:14:07

At 3/3/08 04:46 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 3/3/08 12:58 AM, Rebbay wrote: The electricity is still on, everything still works
In that case, I'd just walk out of the electric doors.

I´d do this, but first get a shopping cart and fill it with stuff.

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 05:17:24

For dinner I'd have dessert.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 05:23:49

Two words.

Vegetable Orgy.

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 05:44:39

At 3/3/08 01:07 AM, Skybolt-DX wrote: Wait, couldn't I just break open the windows in the front?

Wow everyone here is slow, he has this one hands down but why break something when you can have fun with the supermarket hey just watch out for that loonatic guy about "VANDALISM" He doesnt take kindly to VANDALISM!!! you know that guy from DeadRising?

I'm the only pretty boy on NewGrounds!

BBS Signature

Response to You're locked in the supermarket. 2008-03-03 12:34:13

I'd eat all the cookies.

or steal teh cadny.

Because kittens scare me...

BBS Signature