00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CD-Players and Mixer - suggestions?

958 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Since I have too much money spending its time alone in the bank vault because I hardly ever buy some new stuff, I want to spend them for DJing hardware.

I'm going to purchase me CD players, since vinyls are not cheap however CD's are more handy and much cheaper, also I can burn music on CD's on my own.

But let's face it: I'm a n00b at DJing and I need advice from people who have a knowledge about this entertainment.

First I need two good CD-players (I prefer seperate ones). But no cheap ones, I'd rather spend more money on high quality players. I saw at alot on websites, saying that Technics is selling good equipment. But I don't know which companies developes good equipment too.

I also need a mixer, with good features, quality and if possible one with a VST/AcitveX plugin interface. I also heard, Technics has good stuff but how about Numark? Are there good mixers from this company?

That's all. I'll use my Alesis M1 Aktiv MK2 as the Audio Outputs and my Shure 58 as the mic. I'm not sure about Headphones, maybe later. ;)

So, any suggestions of yours? Which products I should spend my money for?

Response to CD-Players and Mixer - suggestions? 2008-03-02 14:28:59

Anyone?

I just found some stuff which seems being worth buying.

Pioneer CDJ-200 S Click me hard

Denon DN-S 1000 Click me harder

Response to CD-Players and Mixer - suggestions? 2008-03-02 17:58:18

I have a friend who loves the Pioneer CDJ's. I've used them once or twice and they're extremely user friendly.
Not 100% on the mixer he uses but it may also be Pioneer.

Response to CD-Players and Mixer - suggestions? 2008-03-02 18:24:34

either the denon or pioneer should be fine - especially denon has a reputation for high quality products...

Response to CD-Players and Mixer - suggestions? 2008-03-03 12:34:17

I decided to take the Pioneer CDJ 200-S and the Stanton SA-3 II (mixer). Just ordered the players yet, because I need 100 euros more for the mixer. :'(