Be a Supporter!

Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win

  • 1,597 Views
  • 95 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 1st, 2008 @ 08:48 PM Reply

At 3/1/08 08:16 PM, Memorize wrote:
At 3/1/08 08:14 PM, Bolo wrote:
Again, 10 years of "experience".
Yes.

Because we can compare 2 seperate people living 150 years apart.

Congrats.

My fucking point EXACTLY.

Relative "experience" is a terrible goddamn argument for or against a presidential candidate.


BBS Signature
catman03
catman03
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 1st, 2008 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 2/29/08 02:38 AM, Masculine wrote:
At 2/29/08 02:16 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: This is a summary of the discussion I've had with ardent Obama supporters:
Really the same could be said for Clinton supporters only supporting her because she's a woman but I don't group people together as so.

It could go either way, you just have to ask the right or wrong people.

Yeah, i agree with Cellardoor6. Just as you don't judge a band or a show by it's fans, you don't judge a candidate by it's supporters. I do support Obama, not because he's black or because i think he'll make any significant changes, but rather because i have a nagging feeling that Hillary would fuck up things. And likewise, i'm sure there are a significant amount of Clinton supporters who disagree and have actual opinions. Don't judge things by the weakest links.


We are the resistance, we are the underground, we are Newgrounds: home of the original cock joke.
The world takes everything too seriously.
This is not a signature.

Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 12:59 PM Reply

At 3/1/08 02:48 PM, Musician wrote:
What exactly makes you think Obama can't back up his claims? Inexperience never stopped JFK, one of the greatest diplomats in presidential history. Obama has in fact been incredibly productive in his years in the senate, much more so that both McCain and Clinton comparatively in their recent years.

Woah, you mean...as a senator, he voted on stuff? Holy shit!

And by "years in the senate" I hope you mean less than a full term.

Secondly: How exactly is an extension of the Iraq war good for the American people? last time I checked this devastating war has INCREASED our risk of being attacked by terrorist forces, and has cost millions of tax dollars to do so. How exactly is a full ban on abortion good for the American people, seeing as it would cause a 50% increase in crime? McCain hasn't proven anything.

Terrorist attacks on America since the War started: 0
Number of Aborted babies actually proven to be criminals: 0
McCain's years in the Government: 20+
Obama's years in the Government: Less than 10


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 3/2/08 12:59 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Woah, you mean...as a senator, he voted on stuff? Holy shit!

Those would be the bills he authored and introduced. Not his voting record

And by "years in the senate" I hope you mean less than a full term.

Yes, I do.


Terrorist attacks on America since the War started: 0

Lulz, risk of a terrorist take since the war started: increased

Number of Aborted babies actually proven to be criminals: 0

Legalized abortion was responsible for as much as a 50% drop in crime.

McCain's years in the Government: 20+
Obama's years in the Government: Less than 10

Who cares? Obama has proven he can

A) Unite the nation
B) Get things done

that overrides any complaints about "experience".


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Di3X0m3ga
Di3X0m3ga
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 02:27 PM Reply

Did you hear that the KKK is going to vote for Obama instead of Hilary Clinton because they think she is a "Crazy-ass bitch...She creeps me out." It's true!


If everyone was as stupid as you, I'd shoot myself!
-Diex M.K.

BBS Signature
Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 3/2/08 02:08 PM, Musician wrote:
Lulz, risk of a terrorist take since the war started: increased

Well no shit, the risk has always been high during the war, but how many of those attacks were foiled? All of them.

Number of Aborted babies actually proven to be criminals: 0
Legalized abortion was responsible for as much as a 50% drop in crime.

So doctors killing babies cut down on the crime rate? Well thank you Officer Dipshit for that very logical statement.

McCain's years in the Government: 20+
Obama's years in the Government: Less than 10
Who cares? Obama has proven he can

A) Unite the nation
B) Get things done

How? What has he done to unite the nation?

that overrides any complaints about "experience".

No, i'm afraid not.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 3/2/08 06:44 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Well no shit, the risk has always been high during the war, but how many of those attacks were foiled? All of them.

The risk of a terrorist attack always high during war? and what proof do you have to back that up? Also, it doesn't matter how many attacks have been foiled (although I'd love to see which attacks you're talking about), since that's completely unrelated. The fact is the war has put us at a higher risk.

So doctors killing babies cut down on the crime rate? Well thank you Officer Dipshit for that very logical statement.

I love how you sensationalize your argument by calling them "babies". Not only is it a logical statement, I presented a source to back it up.

How? What has he done to unite the nation?

It's what he can do. He has policies that appeal to the left and the right, and he doesn't make all out attacks on the republicans. He's basically the democrat's Reagan (without the whole "being an asshole" part)

No, i'm afraid not.

Yeah, I'm afraid so, seeing as those are the implications when you say someone is "un-experienced". The fact that obama has proven himself overrides any doubts that spring from that argument.


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 3/2/08 09:24 PM, Musician wrote:
The risk of a terrorist attack always high during war? and what proof do you have to back that up? Also, it doesn't matter how many attacks have been foiled (although I'd love to see which attacks you're talking about), since that's completely unrelated. The fact is the war has put us at a higher risk.

Not WAR in general. This war. Y'know, the war against TERROR. And I think attacks that have been foiled actually have a complete relevance to this topic, seeing as how Terrorists and Terrorist attacks might have a slight relation to one another...

I love how you sensationalize your argument by calling them "babies". Not only is it a logical statement, I presented a source to back it up.

I'm sorry, but isn't abortion the killing of babies? And any argument that has aborted babies and crime rate is racist and irrelevant.

It's what he can do. He has policies that appeal to the left and the right, and he doesn't make all out attacks on the republicans. He's basically the democrat's Reagan (without the whole "being an asshole" part)

Obama's policies on:
The Iraq War: Democratic
Abortion: Democratic
Gay Marraige: Democratic
Immigration: Democratic

The list goes on and on. Don't kid yourself.

The fact that obama has proven himself overrides any doubts that spring from that argument.

You just said that he has yet to prove himself. o.0


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 10:22 PM Reply

At 3/2/08 09:53 PM, Gwarfan wrote: Not WAR in general. This war. Y'know, the war against TERROR. And I think attacks that have been foiled actually have a complete relevance to this topic, seeing as how Terrorists and Terrorist attacks might have a slight relation to one another...

I didn't realize the point of the "War on Terror" was to increase terrorist activity, it sure is great to know the US government has it all figured out. Too bad we're only talking about the Iraq war (which McCain supports) and not the war on terror in general.


I'm sorry, but isn't abortion the killing of babies?

No, a fetus is completely different from a child. That's why, y'know, we have 2 different words.

And any argument that has aborted babies and crime rate is racist and irrelevant.

Lol, how is an undebatable fact ever racist? And no, it's not irrelevant seeing as a 50% increase in crime would not be benificial to the US.

Obama's policies on:
The Iraq War: Democratic
Abortion: Democratic
Gay Marraige: Democratic
Immigration: Democratic

The list goes on and on. Don't kid yourself.

OH LAWD, I hope you meant "liberal". I would hope every president we've has was "Democratic". First of all, the Iraq war is unpopular, even with republicans. Second of all, you forget to mention Obamas policies on the economy and on health care, the 2 major issues this election, both of which he is very middle ground on.


The fact that obama has proven himself overrides any doubts that spring from that argument.
You just said that he has yet to prove himself. o.0

Um, obama is drawing large amounts of conservatives from the right, that basically proves the guy is appealing to both sides. As far as getting things done, see the list of authored and introduced bills.


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 3rd, 2008 @ 06:47 PM Reply

At 3/2/08 10:22 PM, Musician wrote:
I didn't realize the point of the "War on Terror" was to increase terrorist activity, it sure is great to know the US government has it all figured out. Too bad we're only talking about the Iraq war (which McCain supports) and not the war on terror in general.

The epicenter of the War on Terror is Iraq, no?

I'm sorry, but isn't abortion the killing of babies?
No, a fetus is completely different from a child. That's why, y'know, we have 2 different words.

We have 3 different words for America, does that mean that the USA, United States of America, and the US are 3 different things?

Lol, how is an undebatable fact ever racist? And no, it's not irrelevant seeing as a 50% increase in crime would not be benificial to the US.

Beneficial*

And still, I do not understand why you are defending the taking of human life because some so called "experts" say that it has an effect on the crime rate.

OH LAWD, I hope you meant "liberal". I would hope every president we've has was "Democratic".

Please enlighten me on what the plural of "Democrat" is then.

First of all, the Iraq war is unpopular, even with republicans.

Really?

Second of all, you forget to mention Obamas policies on the economy and on health care, the 2 major issues this election, both of which he is very middle ground on.

Oh boy, he has policies on the economy and health care? Get out!

Um, obama is drawing large amounts of conservatives from the right, that basically proves the guy is appealing to both sides. As far as getting things done, see the list of authored and introduced bills.

Again, you say that a lot of conservatives like him, yet the vast majority of the conservative base dislikes both Obama and McCain.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 4th, 2008 @ 09:56 PM Reply

At 3/3/08 06:47 PM, Gwarfan wrote: The epicenter of the War on Terror is Iraq, no?

That doesn't mean it is the war on terror. Iraq exclusively has caused us to be more at risk than ever before, and that risk will only increase with staying.


We have 3 different words for America, does that mean that the USA, United States of America, and the US are 3 different things?

HAHA. Ok, first off, USA isn't a word, it's an abbreviation for "United States of America", so those are both the same. Secondly, "US" (an abbreviation for "United States") could apply to any country with multiple states.


Beneficial*

And still, I do not understand why you are defending the taking of human life because some so called "experts" say that it has an effect on the crime rate.

Because even if I did believe fetus' we're alive, the undeniable fact is that banning abortion would cause a 50% increase in crime. Which would not be beneficial to the US. Period.


Please enlighten me on what the plural of "Democrat" is then.

Uh... "Democrats". Not that, that has anything to do with anything.


Really?

Those would be the republican politicians in congress. Not republicans in general. Ahem: the polls

Oh boy, he has policies on the economy and health care? Get out!

The 2 largest issues in 2008.


Again, you say that a lot of conservatives like him, yet the vast majority of the conservative base dislikes both Obama and McCain.

Obama draws more moderate votes than McCain when put against each other, not to mention holds moderate but popular stances on key issues, which is why he has support from many prominent republicans (including Susan Eisenhower).

Not to mention, if you look at what Obama's gotten done recently, compared to what McCain's gotten done recently, then it's pretty obvious who's more capable of getting things done.


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

CrazyDrum217
CrazyDrum217
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 4th, 2008 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 2/29/08 02:16 AM, cellardoor6 wrote:
It's insane how he's kicking Clinton's trash so easily.

Not really considering all of the awesome bills he's made and passed. 15 to be exact. You know how you can look where you're tax money is going? Obama made that :)

CrazyDrum217
CrazyDrum217
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 4th, 2008 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 3/2/08 12:59 PM, Gwarfan wrote:
At 3/1/08 02:48 PM, Musician wrote:
What exactly makes you think Obama can't back up his claims? Inexperience never stopped JFK, one of the greatest diplomats in presidential history. Obama has in fact been incredibly productive in his years in the senate, much more so that both McCain and Clinton comparatively in their recent years.
Woah, you mean...as a senator, he voted on stuff? Holy shit!

And by "years in the senate" I hope you mean less than a full term.

Secondly: How exactly is an extension of the Iraq war good for the American people? last time I checked this devastating war has INCREASED our risk of being attacked by terrorist forces, and has cost millions of tax dollars to do so. How exactly is a full ban on abortion good for the American people, seeing as it would cause a 50% increase in crime? McCain hasn't proven anything.
Terrorist attacks on America since the War started: 0
Number of Aborted babies actually proven to be criminals: 0
McCain's years in the Government: 20+
Obama's years in the Government: Less than 10

Wow thanks asswipe. If you think he only voted on things then you should check out all of the bills he made/help make. Much more impressive then Hillary's.

And aborted babies don't become criminals! Wow!
That is perhaps the dumbest argument I have ever heard.

So there aren't any terriost attacks on america because we bomb civilians? Good luck with that.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 4th, 2008 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 3/1/08 03:53 PM, Musician wrote:
At 3/1/08 03:33 PM, Stonehell wrote:
At the time JFK was being elected, he was considered far too inexperienced and young too govern the US. The same complaints that are being raised against Obama.

The same JFK that got us committed to Vietnam?

Who hung US trained insurgents out to dry at the Bay of Pigs?

Then there is the Cuban Missile Crisis...almost bringing us to the brink nuclear war out of pride...


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Memorize
Memorize
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Animator
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 4th, 2008 @ 11:45 PM Reply

At 3/4/08 11:36 PM, TheMason wrote:
The same JFK that got us committed to Vietnam?

Who hung US trained insurgents out to dry at the Bay of Pigs?

Then there is the Cuban Missile Crisis...almost bringing us to the brink nuclear war out of pride...

But... but... he was shot and assassinated during the civil rights era. That HAS to count for something.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 4th, 2008 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 3/4/08 11:45 PM, Memorize wrote:
At 3/4/08 11:36 PM, TheMason wrote:
But... but... he was shot and assassinated during the civil rights era. That HAS to count for something.

Just goes to show you; one man's JFK is another man's Ronald Reagan...


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:03 AM Reply

At 3/4/08 11:36 PM, TheMason wrote: The same JFK that got us committed to Vietnam?

That would be Johnson, after the supposed attack on the maddox.


Who hung US trained insurgents out to dry at the Bay of Pigs?

That was bad, I'll give you that, but that's it.

Then there is the Cuban Missile Crisis...almost bringing us to the brink nuclear war out of pride...

You mean the Cuban Missile Crisis that was handled masterfully? Yeah I agree, JFK did save us from full out nuclear war by negotiating with the Russians.

oh, and let's not forget:

- putting a man on the moon
- empowering unions to benifit workers
- strengthening welfare
- introducing affirmative action
- oh yeah, and the CIVIL RIGHTS ACT


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:10 AM Reply

At 3/4/08 09:56 PM, Musician wrote:
That doesn't mean it is the war on terror. Iraq exclusively has caused us to be more at risk than ever before, and that risk will only increase with staying.

I seriously have just said this, and you shot it down as being stupid.

HAHA. Ok, first off, USA isn't a word, it's an abbreviation for "United States of America", so those are both the same. Secondly, "US" (an abbreviation for "United States") could apply to any country with multiple states.

I guess the metaphor flew right over your head.

Because even if I did believe fetus' we're alive, the undeniable fact is that banning abortion would cause a 50% increase in crime. Which would not be beneficial to the US. Period.

HAHA! So the link between crime and abortion is that intense, huh? Well if you say so chief. ABORTION = NO CRIME XP

Uh... "Democrats". Not that, that has anything to do with anything.

You're an idiot.

Those would be the republican politicians in congress. Not republicans in general. Ahem: the polls

Seriously dude, you're just splitting hairs here.

The 2 largest issues in 2008.

Yeah, if you forget:
The War
The War
oh yeah, and the War.

Obama draws more moderate votes than McCain when put against each other, not to mention holds moderate but popular stances on key issues, which is why he has support from many prominent republicans (including Susan Eisenhower).
Not to mention, if you look at what Obama's gotten done recently, compared to what McCain's gotten done recently, then it's pretty obvious who's more capable of getting things done.

I'm asking you for the 4th time. WHAT HAS OBAMA DONE AT ALL?

McCain has been with the current government and two before it for the last 20 years. Obama has been a senator for less than 2.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:12 AM Reply

I'd also like to point out that Obama is down in Texas and lost in Ohio and Rhode Island. He picked up Vermont although.

Just to point it out, I have nothing against Obama, in fact I'd rather see him against McCain over Hillary.


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:18 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:10 AM, Gwarfan wrote: I seriously have just said this, and you shot it down as being stupid.

uh, no, you just tried to make your argument relevant by claiming that Iraq = the war on terror.


I guess the metaphor flew right over your head.

Metaphor? now you're seriously just trying to save face. A fetus and a baby are 2 completely different things. End.


HAHA! So the link between crime and abortion is that intense, huh? Well if you say so chief. ABORTION = NO CRIME XP

Yes it is, did you even read the report on the crime rate drops after abortion was legalized?


You're an idiot.

lol, you asked for the plural of "democrat". "Democrats" is the plural of "democrat".


Seriously dude, you're just splitting hairs here.

Uh, no I'm not. There is a difference between the republicans in congress and the republicans in general.


Yeah, if you forget:
The War
The War
oh yeah, and the War.

The third largest issue.


I'm asking you for the 4th time. WHAT HAS OBAMA DONE AT ALL?

Are you blind? Why don't you actually read the links? Obama has been MUCH more productive than McCain has.


McCain has been with the current government and two before it for the last 20 years. Obama has been a senator for less than 2.

And that doesn't matter because Obama has proven himself to be capable of getting more done.


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Memorize
Memorize
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Animator
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:36 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:18 AM, Musician wrote:
uh, no, you just tried to make your argument relevant by claiming that Iraq = the war on terror.

Al Qeada = Terror

Fighting Al Qeada + Insurgents = War on terror

Al Qeada + Insurgents in Iraq = War on Terror.

Metaphor? now you're seriously just trying to save face. A fetus and a baby are 2 completely different things. End.

Like a baby and an adult.

End.

The third largest issue.

Depending on the state.

Are you blind? Why don't you actually read the links? Obama has been MUCH more productive than McCain has.

And he's done what? Vote?

Welcome to the hundreds of others in Congress!

And that doesn't matter because Obama has proven himself to be capable of getting more done.

All you did was drag up proposals that he's voted on, lol.

Fail.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:38 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:03 AM, Musician wrote:
At 3/4/08 11:36 PM, TheMason wrote: The same JFK that got us committed to Vietnam?
That would be Johnson, after the supposed attack on the maddox.

JFK supported the coup d' tat that ousted President Diem because he did not support Diem's efforts to create a coalition government that would unite S. Vietnam. He also sent 16K troops (advisors and Spec Ops) to Vietnam. JFK set the stage for US invovlement in Vietnam in such a way that getting out would prove difficult.


Then there is the Cuban Missile Crisis...almost bringing us to the brink nuclear war out of pride...
You mean the Cuban Missile Crisis that was handled masterfully? Yeah I agree, JFK did save us from full out nuclear war by negotiating with the Russians.

As more information comes available about the CMC, it is becoming rather evident that his amatuerish handling of the situation needlessly elevated it to the status of a crisis.


oh, and let's not forget:

- putting a man on the moon

After Sputnik and the USSR putting a man into orbit first, this was going to happen regardless.

- empowering unions to benifit workers

If you've ever been out of work with a pregnant wife and have to turn away a good job at UPS because the Teamsters would take your first 8 weeks wages to pay for dues...you may not think this is a good thing.

- strengthening welfare
- introducing affirmative action
- oh yeah, and the CIVIL RIGHTS ACT

None of these were accomplished by JFK...they were done by LBJ. If you're going to give blame for Vietnam to LBJ you've got to credit for these things to LBJ as well. Furthermore, it is doubtful that JFK could've accomplished these things seeing that he did not have the legislative acumen that LBJ had.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:40 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:36 AM, Memorize wrote: Al Qeada = Terror

Fighting Al Qeada + Insurgents = War on terror

Al Qeada + Insurgents in Iraq = War on Terror.

Wow, way to jump into an argument without understanding what you're talking about. Iraq may be related to the war on terror, that doesn't mean it IS the war on terror.


Like a baby and an adult.

End.

I love how you think you proved something there.


Depending on the state.

Either way, Obama's stance on the war is much more moderate than McCain's or Hillary's.


And he's done what? Vote?

Uh, how about Authoring and Introducing bills. Once again, way to not know what you're talking about.

All you did was drag up proposals that he's voted on, lol.

Fail.

Hah, That's not his voting record you fucking idiot.

Epic Fail.


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Buffalow
Buffalow
  • Member since: Jun. 5, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:46 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:18 AM, Musician wrote:
uh, no, you just tried to make your argument relevant by claiming that Iraq = the war on terror.

You tried to make the argument that Iraq has no effect on our risk of a terrorist attack, even though that America has always been at risk for terrorist attack.

See: 9/11, 1993, 1994, USS Cole etc.

Metaphor? now you're seriously just trying to save face. A fetus and a baby are 2 completely different things. End.

Oh yeah, a bunch of cells is completely different from....well...another bunch of cells, except one of them is 9 months older.

Yes it is, did you even read the report on the crime rate drops after abortion was legalized?

There were 100 other things that could've had an effect on the crime rate. Like say, Cops actually doing something about crime? What with all the huge crackdowns across the country....

Uh, no I'm not. There is a difference between the republicans in congress and the republicans in general.

Republicans in congress would reflect the views of Republicans in general, no?

The third largest issue.

I'd say the biggest call for "change in Iraq" being screamed in every media outlet in the world isn't the third largest issue.

Also, it doesn't matter how large the issue is. I'm saying that Obama does not seem to have the expertise that comes from being in government for a long time. Think of it as flight time, Obama would have 100 hours to McCains 2000 hours. (Again, another metaphor, just in case no one picks it up)

Are you blind? Why don't you actually read the links? Obama has been MUCH more productive than McCain has.

Yeah, being a crack addict as a young adult, no military service, having a self-identity crisis. Obama's been a busy boy.

McCain, y'know a total lazyass. Serving in Vietnam, serving as a senator, serving the American public for 20+ years. Total blowout.

And that doesn't matter because Obama has proven himself to be capable of getting more done.

Would you PLEASE provide a link or something. You keep saying he's proven himself, JUST TELL ME!


Well-a Everybody's Heard About the Word, Tha-Tha-Tha Word-Word-Word the Word is the.....

BBS Signature
Memorize
Memorize
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Animator
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:40 AM, Musician wrote:
Wow, way to jump into an argument without understanding what you're talking about. Iraq may be related to the war on terror, that doesn't mean it IS the war on terror.

It's part of the war on terror. It is the MAIN FRONT of the war on terror. So to criticize someone for calling it 'the war on terror' is simpley nit-picking.

ie. A jackass tactic.

I love how you think you proved something there.

It made as much sense as your saying a fetus is different from a baby.

Subliminal translation: Shut the fuck up, dumbass.

Either way, Obama's stance on the war is much more moderate than McCain's or Hillary's.

Obama: "I'll withdraw some troops, then if Al Qeada establishes a base in Iraq, i'll send troops back in".

McCain: "I have some news. Al Qeada is in Iraq"

Obama: "I have some news for John McCain. Al Qeada wasn't in Iraq until after the invasion".

Facts:

Al Zarqawi was #2 under Osama bin Laden and entered Iraq in early 2002, obtaining a safe haven and training Al Qeada operatives.

Invasion didn't start until 2003.

In 2006, the US military obtained documents detailing contexts between Saddam and Osama on numerous subjects including attacking Saudi Arabia.

http://www.nysun.com/article/29746

I don't give a damn if his stances are "more moderate". But Obama clearly doesn't know shit when it comes to Iraq.

Uh, how about Authoring and Introducing bills. Once again, way to not know what you're talking about.

Congrats, join the other congressmen!

Or did you fail to grasp such a simple concept?

Epic Fail.

Lol, fucking dumbass.

You don't know about how this election is going to work.
You make assumptions about moderates when the democrat nominee isn't even picked.
You support a man who doesn't even know simple facts about Iraq.

You = Epic fail, lol.

Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:38 AM, TheMason wrote: JFK supported the coup d' tat that ousted President Diem because he did not support Diem's efforts to create a coalition government that would unite S. Vietnam. He also sent 16K troops (advisors and Spec Ops) to Vietnam. JFK set the stage for US invovlement in Vietnam in such a way that getting out would prove difficult.

JFK moved us into Vietnam to support the South Vietnamese, not to do direct fighting. LBJ was the one who ordered the bombing runs and ordered the ground forces into vietnam. JFK might have brought us into vietnam, he didn't "commit" us in it, that would be Johnson's fault.

As more information comes available about the CMC, it is becoming rather evident that his amatuerish handling of the situation needlessly elevated it to the status of a crisis.

I'd love to see what exactly you're talking about. The naval blockade on Cuba, and the vast amount of masterful diplomacy performed with the Russians during the time of crisis both show how JFK's decisions avoided nuclear war. Most historians agree that JFK handled the CMC well.

After Sputnik and the USSR putting a man into orbit first, this was going to happen regardless.

The Russian's still haven't put a man on the moon. Don't try to downplay our accomplishment.

If you've ever been out of work with a pregnant wife and have to turn away a good job at UPS because the Teamsters would take your first 8 weeks wages to pay for dues...you may not think this is a good thing.

I guess we should just have no unions, that way companies can do whatever they want unchecked.

You can believe whatever you want, personally, it's almost undeniable to me that strong unions benifit the individual.


- strengthening welfare
- introducing affirmative action
- oh yeah, and the CIVIL RIGHTS ACT
None of these were accomplished by JFK...they were done by LBJ. If you're going to give blame for Vietnam to LBJ you've got to credit for these things to LBJ as well. Furthermore, it is doubtful that JFK could've accomplished these things seeing that he did not have the legislative acumen that LBJ had.

Johnson may have been the one to ultimately pass it, but they were all ideas introduced by JFK.(affirmative action started with Executive Order 10925)


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

Gunter45
Gunter45
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 01:06 AM Reply

Seeing as how this is about the Texas primary, I thought it would be a nice change of pace to interrupt with some relevance.

Currently, it's 1,228,116 for Hillary and 1,145,433 for Obama. There are still a pretty good chunk of votes that haven't been counted yet, so it's definitely going to be down to the wire.


Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature
Musician
Musician
  • Member since: May. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 01:08 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 12:46 AM, Gwarfan wrote: You tried to make the argument that Iraq has no effect on our risk of a terrorist attack, even though that America has always been at risk for terrorist attack.

See: 9/11, 1993, 1994, USS Cole etc.

And now the US is at EVEN MORE RISK BECAUSE OF THE IRAQ WAR. god you're incessant evasion of the facts is absolutely hysterical.


Oh yeah, a bunch of cells is completely different from....well...another bunch of cells, except one of them is 9 months older.

Yes, which is why we have multiple words. Like: Zygote, fetus, infant, child, teenager, and adult. There is a difference, whether you want to accept it or not.


There were 100 other things that could've had an effect on the crime rate. Like say, Cops actually doing something about crime? What with all the huge crackdowns across the country....

If you'd read the reports instead of resorting to denial (which is what you're doing right now), you'd realize the crime rate drops can actually be correlated to the legalization of abortion.


Republicans in congress would reflect the views of Republicans in general, no?

No.


I'd say the biggest call for "change in Iraq" being screamed in every media outlet in the world isn't the third largest issue.

And you'd be wrong.


Also, it doesn't matter how large the issue is. I'm saying that Obama does not seem to have the expertise that comes from being in government for a long time. Think of it as flight time, Obama would have 100 hours to McCains 2000 hours. (Again, another metaphor, just in case no one picks it up)

Only in this "metaphor", Obama is doing loops around McCain, because Obama has proven to be a much better pilot despite experience.


Yeah, being a crack addict as a young adult, no military service, having a self-identity crisis. Obama's been a busy boy.

McCain, y'know a total lazyass. Serving in Vietnam, serving as a senator, serving the American public for 20+ years. Total blowout.

Why should I care if he did drugs? All that means is that he understands druggys on a personal level that many politicians can't claim to have. Hell, I do drugs, I'm glad that Obama understands what drives people to do them. As for military experience, I could care less, military experience doesn't mean a thing to a president who plans to maintain peace. And this experience argument of yours has already been proven wrong so many times it's not even funny.


Would you PLEASE provide a link or something. You keep saying he's proven himself, JUST TELL ME!

Legislation by Obama
Legislation by McCain

Of course, I've already posted these before. You'll probably ignore them again.


I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world
-- Eugene Debs

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 01:06 AM, Gunter45 wrote: Seeing as how this is about the Texas primary, I thought it would be a nice change of pace to interrupt with some relevance.

Currently, it's 1,228,116 for Hillary and 1,145,433 for Obama. There are still a pretty good chunk of votes that haven't been counted yet, so it's definitely going to be down to the wire.

Clinton wins the primary, but it is essential to remember that Texas has both a primary and a caucus giving equal amounts of delegates - even though Clinton narrowly won the primary 51-47, Obama is currently sweeping the caucus, ending up with more delegates from Texas at the end of the night than Hillary.


BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Obama ahead in Texas, Poised to Win Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 3/5/08 01:17 AM, JMHX wrote:
At 3/5/08 01:06 AM, Gunter45 wrote:
Clinton wins the primary, but it is essential to remember that Texas has both a primary and a caucus giving equal amounts of delegates - even though Clinton narrowly won the primary 51-47, Obama is currently sweeping the caucus, ending up with more delegates from Texas at the end of the night than Hillary.

Actually the primary has a little less than double the delegates than the caucus (126 in the primary; 67 in the caucus).

Also, where are you finding caucus results? Last I heard she was trying to keep those results from being published...


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature