New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bballdude9997
Bballdude9997
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 06:23 PM Reply

Look at "Srings and Synths" first, the title is misspelled, its not that good, its got a 3.83 as a score, and yet I've seen songs with 4.50+ with 1000s more views, and yet they're not up there!? I just don't understand it...can anyone clear it up for me?

I eat BABIES

Karco
Karco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Musician
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 06:30 PM Reply

Yeah... on top of that, it's made with preset Garageband loops. It's just the result of uninformed people liking what they heard, and voting 5. :\ Once it made it there, it probably got zeroed to the score it's at now, which tends to happen with songs that make it onto the top songs of all time list. :\

BBS Signature
c4v
c4v
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 06:32 PM Reply

The list is truly screwed. Should get fixed soon.

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 06:36 PM Reply

At 2/26/08 06:32 PM, c4v wrote: The list is truly screwed. Should get fixed soon.

It is difficult to fix a democracy. Especially ones that involve votes over the internet.

djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 07:26 PM Reply

its true that the audio portal top list needs to be fixed we all know this. any one have any ideas on how it could be fixed?

I am a hacker of a Nu-Aira

BBS Signature
c4v
c4v
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 2/26/08 07:26 PM, djconnect wrote: its true that the audio portal top list needs to be fixed we all know this. any one have any ideas on how it could be fixed?

I think it should be typically highest score gets the top. When crappy songs get only one 5 vote and have a score of 5 then a load of people will go to it and realise it's crap and down vote it, therefore letting the true best scores take the top again.

djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 26th, 2008 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 2/26/08 07:31 PM, c4v wrote:
At 2/26/08 07:26 PM, djconnect wrote: its true that the audio portal top list needs to be fixed we all know this. any one have any ideas on how it could be fixed?
I think it should be typically highest score gets the top. When crappy songs get only one 5 vote and have a score of 5 then a load of people will go to it and realise it's crap and down vote it, therefore letting the true best scores take the top again.

thats a good idea, but i think it would be a good time to bring up 0-bombers. they upset the balance of just relying on votes, they will just 0-bomb every ones work, and then because you can vote on your own work they will do that and boost there stuff to the top. i don't mean to shutdown your idea because its good in theory but to put it into practice would not work at all.

BBS Signature
Dj-Immune
Dj-Immune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 01:13 AM Reply

Good thing about the Top 30, is that likely all the bad ones will be weeded out and go to a very low score. Bad news is that some of the good ones go away.

I don't think there is honestly a way to fix things, because their always going to be judged from different views. But a couple people listening to all the songs (I know, sounds like a bitch) in the AP, and they'd filter the best from the worst before they appear on the Top 5 or Top 30.

djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 02:05 AM Reply

At 2/27/08 01:13 AM, Dj-Immune wrote: Good thing about the Top 30, is that likely all the bad ones will be weeded out and go to a very low score. Bad news is that some of the good ones go away.

I don't think there is honestly a way to fix things, because their always going to be judged from different views. But a couple people listening to all the songs (I know, sounds like a bitch) in the AP, and they'd filter the best from the worst before they appear on the Top 5 or Top 30.

what if they set up mods for each genre then submitted the ones they think are best to a list that some more mods look over.. idk this guys idea is the best so far it just needs to be tweaked a little

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 08:52 AM Reply

At 2/26/08 06:23 PM, Bballdude9997 wrote: Look at "Srings and Synths" first, the title is misspelled, its not that good, its got a 3.83 as a score, and yet I've seen songs with 4.50+ with 1000s more views, and yet they're not up there!? I just don't understand it...can anyone clear it up for me?

It had a very high score at night to Wednesday I guess- but now it's of course 0-bombed to the depths of Doom canyon (not really because people realize how shit it is, more because people ALWAYS 0 the highest scoring songs)

It's gone now. It changes every Wednesday, but not between Wednesdays, so what's on the list will stay there until next Wednesday

At 2/26/08 07:31 PM, c4v wrote: then a load of people will go to it and realise it's crap and down vote it, therefore letting the true best scores take the top again.

No- the best scoring songs will NEVER stay there, regardless of how good it is- people 0-bomb anything that gets high ranks, no exceptions

Dj-Immune
Dj-Immune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 2/27/08 02:05 AM, djconnect wrote: what if they set up mods for each genre then submitted the ones they think are best to a list that some more mods look over.. idk this guys idea is the best so far it just needs to be tweaked a little

Only problem is, whoever is filtering out the songs is going to pretty much get blammed or maybe hated by several artists for not putting them in the top songs. It's a dog eat dog world we're living in >.<

djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 02:38 PM Reply

At 2/27/08 12:05 PM, Dj-Immune wrote:
At 2/27/08 02:05 AM, djconnect wrote: what if they set up mods for each genre then submitted the ones they think are best to a list that some more mods look over.. idk this guys idea is the best so far it just needs to be tweaked a little
Only problem is, whoever is filtering out the songs is going to pretty much get blammed or maybe hated by several artists for not putting them in the top songs. It's a dog eat dog world we're living in >.<

this is true, but NG could make these mods Anonymous. i do see one problem with my own suggestion tho. personal taste in music could get in the way, but that could be balanced out by setting more the one mod to the "master list" if you will.

also as a side note i think this is a great topic because maybe if we do come up with a solution that works we can tell the admins about it.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 03:02 PM Reply

I hada lod of potential songs for the top 50 - they have now all been downrated.. and apparently are still being downrated.

Ive also had songs on the top 50 - the damage that exposure did to my songs' scores was irrepairable..

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
InsaneSmilie
InsaneSmilie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 04:00 PM Reply

OK here's a though. I have a theory that the majority of 0 voters on the AP are people who vote based on rather or not they like a certain genre. I think a good way to solve this might be to spilt the audio portal up by genres (just the major one Rock, Electronic, rap/hip hop ect..), so that each genre had say it's own top 10 of all time, 10 - 20 newest submissions and say top 3 of the week. This way anyone browsing and voting could simple jump to the genre they like the most, and not just 0 bomb a submission just cause they don't like the genre. It's the most other music portals do their interface, and I think there is a good reason for that. Plus this whould encorage artists to tag their music more carefuly cause I'm sick of hearing electronic mostic in the rock genre.

WUML Lowell 91.5 FM - Real Underground Radio

BBS Signature
djconnect
djconnect
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 04:22 PM Reply

i like that allot and it would work well only assuming that most 0-bombers only do it because they hate the genre. this may not be true and there is no way right now to prove one way or the other.

BBS Signature
Dj-Immune
Dj-Immune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 05:55 PM Reply

Top 30 people, Top 30 >.<

ZOMGBIE
ZOMGBIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 12:33 AM Reply

I don't get it myself. I just review a lot of music hoping someone will listen to something. Usually to no avail, but it'll get out there. Somehow....

Nintechno
Nintechno
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 12:48 AM Reply

Thats a really good idea but I don't think it will happen because people are much too lazy to change it that much lol.
The thing about the top 30 scoring list is that its open to ALL songs from throughout the ages, therefore, one can be voting and voting in the backround and sneak in without the risk of people seeing their song because its not going through any sort of 'Judgement'. There are no 0-bombers to attack it because its probably buried deep within the AP and nobody's gonna go looking for that because nobody cares...Untill it reaches the top 30 list.

My Music | Me | F-777 | Kr1z | Audio Portal | For teh lulz ^^

BBS Signature
dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 02:19 AM Reply

A true good song is one that makes the top 25 twice in a row. Really tough thing to do though. Most of have always end up 4.45-4.50 after the week. Which is still nice but songs like Beginning Of Time and Runaway are just wow.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 07:10 AM Reply

There needs to be a more formulated system(s) for said issue.

for example:

--the songs are positioned on the list by the score average of votes given in the week, the number of downloads in the time period, etc.
--allow people to see other types of sorting systems (i.e., most downloads, most reviews, random picks, etc.)
--if all else fails... DESTROY SAID BITCH. >:D
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Don't get the 50 top scoring list Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 08:38 PM Reply

what about the songs that were on that list for .. what was it.. FOUR MONTHS??

lol those songs have some mad stats :P

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature