New Topic Respond to this Topic
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Aug. 5th, 2010 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 8/5/10 08:54 AM, Bahamut wrote: I thought the Zelda II review was good. Maybe it's not a game that warrants an AVGN review but it was still an interesting approach on the game.

I think it was a very good review. I haven't played Zelda II for too long (I just don't like the series), but I watched my gf playing it (she loves the Zelda games). And the game is really hard, James doesn't even need to exaggarate on that.
Sure, he played bad on purpose in most of his games, but Zelda II? It really is a hard game.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 01:50 AM Reply

At 8/5/10 01:46 PM, Haggard wrote:
Sure, he played bad on purpose in most of his games, but Zelda II? It really is a hard game.

Hard in what terms? That game had nothing on Ninja Gaiden 2 and James beat that one...

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 05:06 AM Reply

At 8/19/10 01:50 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 8/5/10 01:46 PM, Haggard wrote:
Hard in what terms? That game had nothing on Ninja Gaiden 2 and James beat that one...

Ninja Gaiden 2 was the only one out of the three that was actually a solid challenge without being impossibly difficult.

As for Zelda 2 it does get ridiculously hard midway through the game but it's far from impossible,i would say it's the hardest Zelda ever made though but still very much beatable.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
laser-bot
laser-bot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 4th, 2010 @ 06:55 AM Reply

To Join do you just ask and AVGN FTW!!!

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 4th, 2010 @ 03:50 PM Reply

At 9/4/10 06:41 AM, illuminate wrote: New AVGN,over 20 minutes long and a great watch! :D

A very interesting episode. A few times I've wondered if he'll ever re-review some of the games from his early episodes, especially Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde which is obviously the next episode. That episode makes October worth looking forward to. As for the latest review, I actually thought James should review BTTF3 on the Mega Drive considering how bad that game is and I'm glad he took a step further by reviewing all the BTTF games. However, my only disappointment was him not explaining why the Japanese game is good. I want to know what makes that game enjoyable in his view.

All the episodes since Action 52 definitely shows having one AVGN episode per month rather than two is a great move. James seems to be reviewing lots of big stuff and waiting for a month for the next episode just makes it all the more worth it.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Gamer
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 4th, 2010 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 9/4/10 03:50 PM, Bahamut wrote: especially Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde which is obviously the next episode.

I agree, when he said. "I might do another game but I'm thinking about it". I was like "What other game? Oh, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde."

I've been waiting for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde since last year when he did Castlevania 2.

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 4th, 2010 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 9/4/10 04:37 PM, Odyssic wrote: I've been waiting for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde since last year when he did Castlevania 2.

I always had a feeling he'd go back to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde eventually. That was his second review ever and he hardly showed you anything about the game. These days, he does his best to tell you as much about the game as possible and he's come a long way since then. I can't wait to see how much of a shitload of fuck Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde really is.

Formerly Bahamut

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 01:20 PM Reply

AVGN movie confirmed

It'll be a while until it's out but I'm looking forward to seeing it. Now this is an internet phenomenon who deserves a film unlike Fred.

Formerly Bahamut

Ganon-Dorf
Ganon-Dorf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Melancholy
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 9/24/10 01:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: AVGN movie confirmed

It'll be a while until it's out but I'm looking forward to seeing it. Now this is an internet phenomenon who deserves a film unlike Fred.

Not to mention that James doesn't have Nickelodeon funding his film, it's all him.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 04:44 PM Reply

Billistic is acting like a total douche in the comments.

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 12:05 PM Reply

The Dragon in my Dreams

Really cool piece, James put a lot of heart in it, and you can tell this is really personal to him. I'm excited to see what the future has in store for him once he hangs up the nerd character and moves on to films.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 10:25 PM Reply

I'm going to start the insane guessing: Nerd movie will involve a personification of LJN in some form, with the revelation that The Joker, Bugs Bunny/Woody Woodpecker, the Glitch Goblin, and all of the Nerd's other enemies have been minions of the Lord Jekyllhyde Neverending.

Fred doesn't even deserve fans, as anyone dumb enough to like that garbage shouldn't be allowed online. The fact that he got a movie sponsored by Nickelodeon just proves that Nick's quality has declined since anyone in here was in the target audience so much that the network is now unrecognizable as the place that used to have great shows like All That and KaBlam.

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Oct. 7th, 2010 @ 12:48 PM Reply

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Revisited

Old enemies return. I liked this one, mainly for the parts where he is just laying on the floor in a heap from how awful the game is. Also the rant at the end was pretty great.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Oct. 7th, 2010 @ 01:14 PM Reply

At 10/7/10 12:48 PM, boloneyman wrote: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Revisited

Old enemies return. I liked this one, mainly for the parts where he is just laying on the floor in a heap from how awful the game is. Also the rant at the end was pretty great.

Definitely better than the original review. I enjoyed the depth he took into the game this time. Now I have a better understanding of James' horror over this game. It's fitting as well since this was his Halloween review for the year. Makes me wonder if he has something in stock for next year.

Formerly Bahamut

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Oct. 7th, 2010 @ 11:09 PM Reply

It's been a while.
But I have been following AVGN and I'm up to date on all the news.

I really enjoyed his mental breakdown at the end of his latest.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 10/7/10 12:48 PM, boloneyman wrote: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Revisited

The original review is the one review that I skipped.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 04:43 PM Reply

This episode took AVGN to a whole new level, I think. It had everything I would expect from an AVGN video: rage, taking a game way too seriously, taking things out of context, rage, mental breakdowns, a lot of beer, rage, shit jokes, a Cinemassacre moment that has little to do with the actual review, a costume get-up, an epic rant, and of course RAGE.

NewgroundsPortalFan
NewgroundsPortalFan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Oct. 10th, 2010 @ 11:42 AM Reply

At 8/5/10 08:54 AM, Bahamut wrote: I thought the Zelda II review was good. Maybe it's not a game that warrants an AVGN review but it was still an interesting approach on the game. I should remind this to everyone who thinks he's being serious on this one. Although I hardly played Zelda II, I'm sure James' statement on his reviews being satire strongly applies to this review.

I agree with Bahamut that the Zelda II review was good and that the The Legend Of Zelda Timeline was great and awesome!, It is so awesome! :D The only thing is that The Angry Video Game Nerd game skill is kinda 5/10!, The only reason that i like the Angry Video Game Nerd is because he is so funny and hilarious and the greatest video game reviewer ever on YouTube!, GameTrailers!, ScrewAttack and Cinemassacre! :D

Hello everyone on Newgrounds!, I am the greatest Newgrounder ever! :D And i like Newgrounds so much that it is awesome! :D

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 06:12 PM Reply

My god, this episode was awful. Just horrible, worst review he's ever done. I mean, it's ok for a first watch, but it's one of the few nerd videos I wouldn't rewatch. Just lame. God James, what is with this 1-video-a-month bullshit? The videos are getting worse, you're getting less angry, and the reviews are cut down to a really small length compared to 09 and 08.

What's worse is that whenever you put honest criticism on a Nerd video on youtube, you're banned from commenting on any other videos. Seriously? What's going on? It's almost as if James hates his fans.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 8th, 2010 @ 07:27 PM Reply

The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Revisited episode is hilarious!!

BBS Signature
SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 12/8/10 06:12 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: My god, this episode was awful. Just horrible, worst review he's ever done.

Yeah, this one did suck. He was just phoning it in. While some of his 2010 reviews have been good enough, this one was crap. He must have been busy with other Cinemassacre videos or something. Or with his appearance in Spoony's Deadliest Character video. Though, Spoony is another case where there are problems... It's times like these that I thank God for Linkara, whose schedule hardly ever slips, who can be counted on to have AT4W up every Tuesday and whose series can be counted on to be awesome at all times. Also, the Nostalgia Critic, whose weekly episode a day later is similarly timely and well-done. Now, if those two can each put out a pretty good one every week, why does the Nerd have to phone it in like this with a month on each review? There's probably countless shitty Christmas or winter-themed games. Syd Lexia did this six years ago, seven crappy Christmas games for Commodore 64. Now, the Nerd has done C64 games before, right? I know there was one Transformers game, and he showed off a Superman game during his Superman 64 review. So we know he has a C64, at least. And there's seven shit games that fit the theme. OK, so if the Nerd did a ripoff review it would cause a shitstorm and the death of his credibility as a reviewer, but the article at least proves that there are a lot more Christmas games out there that the Nerd could have done instead of putting together a fucking clip show.

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 12:31 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 12:51 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: instead of putting together a fucking clip show.

When you say clip show, I'm thinking of various clips from past Christmas specials which was the video of the month for Gametrailers. The actual review is on YouTube. It was alright but I'm starting to find these rhymes in Christmas specials to be really cliché.

Formerly Bahamut

DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 02:17 PM Reply

Both of his latest videos are really bad, didn't even watch them halfway through. He really needs to change his style of reviewing, he's getting redundant and now that every douchebag with a camera and an emulator is posting their shitty angry game reviews on Youtube, these kinds of videos are getting quite tiring.. I think this whole angry reviewing fad will die out quite soon, since the Nostalgia critic too has become stale and is running out of material for his videos.

CAN-OF-SPAM
CAN-OF-SPAM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 02:20 PM Reply

Thats why i started watching his other videos like board james.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 04:33 PM Reply

Even the fanbase at this point is comparable to the Sonic series fanbase. Whenever someone gives honest criticism when the video honestly does suck, people come in to suck James's dick and call say the video is "the best review he's ever done" (Seriously, they say this) and call any critics whiners, saying we can't tell James what to do with his series, and similar flawed arguments. (Yes, I just quoted Yahtzee)

And again, I must stress: any criticism on his youtube videos causes your comment to be deleted and you being banned from posting comments. James is acting like a fucking 14-year-old girl on deviantArt. What's funny is that he has stated numerous times he accepts people being critical and sometimes even encourages it. Way to show your true colors, you immature fuck.

He needs to make his 100th video E.T., cancel the movie, and retire the nerd.

Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 04:41 PM Reply

I'm pretty sure James isn't the one who's blocking people who criticise his videos on YouTube. I know that Mike Matei uses James' YouTube account more than he does so chances are it's Mike who's blocking these users, not James. A few times before I've seen Mike being defensive when it comes to criticism to James' videos.

Formerly Bahamut

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:06 PM Reply

At 12/9/10 04:41 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'm pretty sure James isn't the one who's blocking people who criticise his videos on YouTube. I know that Mike Matei uses James' YouTube account more than he does so chances are it's Mike who's blocking these users, not James. A few times before I've seen Mike being defensive when it comes to criticism to James' videos.

That only makes him James's bulldog.

Also, after watching some old videos again, I've concluded that 2008 was by far his best year. Batman, Star Trek, Wizard of Oz, Doublevision, good stuff. I agree that he hasn't been so much the ANGRY Video Game Nerd as he is the Slightly Irritated Video Game Nerd, but he probably does that because he's a married man and doing a bunch of takes of him screaming would probably irritate Ms. Rolfe. And if he doesn't, that sucks, but even then it's no excuse for his late videos to be shitty.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 07:57 PM Reply

At 12/10/10 07:49 PM, ihatesonic1 wrote: I found Avgn more entertaining when he wasn't lazy with his videos and when I thought he was really playing the games on the console and not on an emulator.

I can't think of a single moment where it looked like he was playing on an emulator. There have been several shots of the TV with the game in it, even in the newer videos.

NewgroundsLock
NewgroundsLock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Avgn Fan Club! Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 10:46 PM Reply

At 2/29/08 02:17 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'd like to join this group. The game review videos AVGN make amaze me (my favourite one is Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout). I also like to watch his other stuff like the You know what's bullshit series.

I would like to join this group, Is because that AVGN reviews crappy video games, I like it when AVGN reviews LJN Nintendo games!

[Newgrounds Addict] [Internet Addict] [YouTube Addict] [King Of IM Messenger] [IM Messenger Addict] Sig by Coleco

BBS Signature