TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 12:44:51 Reply

Last fall, my friend Andy Brozyna came onboard to help with the site for a few months before he moved to DC. He helped with the site redesign (including the creation of the Newgrounds tank logo) and made some movies for the Portal. What most people don't know, however, is that he also made a pretty expansive choose-your-own-adventure game! It is called High School of the Apes, and we have basically been sitting on it for over six months, for no particular reason. Now is the perfect time to launch it, however, in honor of Tim Burton's new Planet of the Apes remake.

We have some other Planet of the Apes parodies in the Portal, so I plan to put together a little collection page if we get more. Bentframe is currently working on one that should be pretty sweet. If anyone else wants to take a stab at this genre, now is your chance to get some publicity!

If apes aren't your thing, check out our new Penny Bain collection. For those not in the know, Penny Bain is a so called "expert" who blames sites like Newgrounds for the downfall of society. You can learn more about it on the collection page.

Don't forget to play High School of the Apes! Let me know what ya think!

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
LEZZIE
LEZZIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 13:18:09 Reply

I think that that was a great game, but it seems like there is just no way to win. I think that it would be much better if there was a way to completly prove those damn dirty apes wrong. Anyways great work I hope to see more from you soon.

Lezzie

sealclubber
sealclubber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 13:34:58 Reply

At 6/27/01 12:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: Last fall, my friend Andy Brozyna came onboard to help with the site for a few months before he moved to DC. He helped with the site redesign (including the creation of the Newgrounds tank logo) and made some movies for the Portal. What most people don't know, however, is that he also made a pretty expansive choose-your-own-adventure game! It is called High School of the Apes, and we have basically been sitting on it for over six months, for no particular reason. Now is the perfect time to launch it, however, in honor of Tim Burton's new Planet of the Apes remake.

We have some other Planet of the Apes parodies in the Portal, so I plan to put together a little collection page if we get more. Bentframe is currently working on one that should be pretty sweet. If anyone else wants to take a stab at this genre, now is your chance to get some publicity!

If apes aren't your thing, check out our new Penny Bain collection. For those not in the know, Penny Bain is a so called "expert" who blames sites like Newgrounds for the downfall of society. You can learn more about it on the collection page.

That was great

HcP-Happy
HcP-Happy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 15:06:29 Reply

hah! I made out with the human!!!!!!!!!

ThunderBolt2001
ThunderBolt2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 15:34:37 Reply

At 6/27/01 12:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: Last fall, my friend Andy Brozyna came onboard to help with the site for a few months before he moved to DC. He helped with the site redesign (including the creation of the Newgrounds tank logo) and made some movies for the Portal. What most people don't know, however, is that he also made a pretty expansive choose-your-own-adventure game! It is called High School of the Apes, and we have basically been sitting on it for over six months, for no particular reason. Now is the perfect time to launch it, however, in honor of Tim Burton's new Planet of the Apes remake.

Wow, a whole section for that anti-newgrounds whore, Penny Bain.

EvilWallPaper
EvilWallPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 17:44:19 Reply

thats was prett cool i like the aperance of sock monkey :)

Grape Apes!

m0rc
m0rc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 18:54:24 Reply

it was ok this just proved that im a loser with no scoical skills

vdibv
vdibv
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 20:00:18 Reply

i think high school of the apes rocks!!!

Emoticons
Emoticons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 21:23:42 Reply

I think that that was a great game, but it seems like there is just no way to win. I think that it would be much better if there was a way to completly prove those damn dirty apes wrong. Anyways great work I hope to see more from you soon.

Lezzie

My views on the game "High school of the apes" is very similar to my good friend Lezzi's opinions, I also feel that although the game is challenging (which is a good thing) there is no possible "winning scenario" I would love to see a sequel in the near future perhaps with slightly better winning odds? I would also just like to say that I also really enjoyed watching that gangrene infested obese retard of a so called woman Penny Bain vomit blood as the stool collapsed under her immense weight causing her fat neck to be deprived of her precious oxygen, slowly choking the life force from her soul! ... I have issues.

Emoticons

Grape Apes!

Soul-Blade
Soul-Blade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-27 21:47:49 Reply

Tom that was a cool game but after a whil i got tried playing with it its kind of hard to beat but i liked it

Magejp
Magejp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-28 14:12:28 Reply

that was an awesome game it is one of the best i've played here at NG. please end more. i give it a 10, a 10!

Emoticons
Emoticons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-28 21:41:51 Reply

I have been waiting a long ... long time for an occasion to post this picture and since the theme of this message board is some what monkey orientated what the fuck, I'm going for it.

Emoticons

Grape Apes!

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-28 22:32:21 Reply

i thought is was great good job andy and tom :} it was hard and fun

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-28 22:41:38 Reply

i thought is was great good job andy and tom :} it was hard and fun peeny bain should be killed if she fucks with newgrounds she fucks with da fans penny if you ready this you fucking cunt you suck shit on stick bitch ass wore fag

JoeyHernandez
JoeyHernandez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-06-30 05:46:16 Reply

Hey what's the name of the song that plays when you go to the Penn Bain page? Tell me.

Scorpiongirl313
Scorpiongirl313
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-07-01 14:25:33 Reply

MEGAginge
MEGAginge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-07-02 18:02:34 Reply

Kick ass game but there seems to be no way to win.

TigerClock
TigerClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-07-03 08:17:12 Reply

i hate penny bain...... just to let ya know

Wow so long a go it seems

NastyMan069
NastyMan069
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-07-04 18:56:46 Reply

Highschool of the Apes was a fatass game! but why is it that i cant find a link to it anywhere else on the site other than the BBS? maybe im blind

Grape Apes!

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-11-08 02:45:34 Reply

It might be under the collections link, dunno

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-11-08 02:47:01 Reply

If apes aren't your thing, check out our new Penny Bain collection. For those not in the know, Penny Bain is a so called "expert" who blames sites like Newgrounds for the downfall of society.

Stupid....Newgronds DOES NOT MESS UP SOCIETY!!!

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2001-11-14 21:29:42 Reply

At 11/8/01 02:47 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote:
If apes aren't your thing, check out our new Penny Bain collection. For those not in the know, Penny Bain is a so called "expert" who blames sites like Newgrounds for the downfall of society.
Stupid....Newgronds DOES NOT MESS UP SOCIETY!!!

Yep. IT MAKES IT BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KWAS71KCK
KWAS71KCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2003-03-29 18:47:39 Reply

aweomse stuff

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

KWAS71KCK
KWAS71KCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2003-03-29 18:48:44 Reply

this is cool, i felt like posting again lol

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Lord-Miroku-Sama
Lord-Miroku-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2003-03-31 19:32:30 Reply

Penny Bain should die.

Grape Apes!

wismty
wismty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Grape Apes! 2003-04-06 20:07:15 Reply

Interesting!

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Kurt-1
Kurt-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2003-07-24 10:33:58 Reply

I don't like it i thought it was boring.veryone vote 0 everyday.

iUnic
iUnic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Grape Apes! 2005-01-16 19:01:51 Reply

cool
good game
:)