• 284 Replies
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-05 17:35:44

At 2/20/08 05:31 PM, Xavon wrote: If I killed myself, what would the big deal be?

Your parents wouldn't want to clean up your dead body.

EEEEWWWW
Unfortunatewinner88
Unfortunatewinner88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-05 17:37:13

Life may seem overrated...which it can be but suicide isn't the answer

I've thought about it before but i couldn't do it cause of the after-effects it can hav...

Suicide can cause more problems for u than u know...and just think when we find out the Apocalypse is coming we'll all be as depressed as you(not being mean-stating fact)

Let Chaos Reign Supreme...

BBS Signature
Xavon
Xavon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-05 21:24:16

At 3/5/08 05:30 PM, Koopa-Dude94 wrote:
At 3/4/08 11:53 PM, Xavon wrote:
At 3/4/08 11:46 PM, GrammerNaziElite wrote: Xavon. kill yourself before you kill others.
You've become one of the people I'm living for.
Did you take my advice, or figure that out on your own? Either way, Nice choice.

Both I guess.

GNE is a funny guy, he makes me smile when he tries to insult me. Brings me up a little bit.

Thanks GrammarNaziNinja.

BBS Signature
KennyD
KennyD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-05 22:59:24

"Suicide." I thought. As I sat at the edge of my bed with only the soft glow of my computer screen to draw s faint outline of my Beretta 9mm I complated my life. "Unpopular, low grades, no friends (real ones at least), never been in love, parents never home, who cares if I die?" It seemed so simple, one pull to end all this frustation, sadness, in essence, all the bullshit in my life. I looked at the gun, after a brief pause, I decided my fate. As I raised the gun to my head I started to sweat, yet this felt right. As the cold steel touched my temple, the world around me went quite and suddenly I felt cold. I closed my eyes as my finger took the slack out of the trigger. I heard the gun click, I heard the hammer swing down, then I heard myself say "is it worth it?" As I thought I heard the bullet start to screech its way down the barrel I saw my life flash before me. "No" I said aloud as I felt a sharp pain sink into my head. I though I was dead. I opened my eyes to see a tiled white ceiling, hundreds of flowers around me and my girlfriend asleep next to my bed. I was in the hospital."Shit" I thought to myself. I gently poked Stacy and she woke to a slight jerk and then she gasped as she saw me look into her eyes. I asked her what had happened and she said that I slipped and hit my head on my nightstand. "Oh" I said softly. "But" she said, at the verge of tears "that not what happened is it?" At that exact moment a tear drop landed on the palm of my hand and I suddenly felt the same coldness I did as with the gun. "I found you with you gun in your hand" she said. "I thought you were dead." Her voice trailed off. "But then I noticed blood on the nightstand and I was the gash on your head. The best I can figure is that you passed out" She was trying to hold back tears and as I looked into her eyes, I suddenly realized that suicide is not the simple. Over the next couple of days we talked about what happened and agreed the the truth was between us.

Point is, I was extremely lucky that I forgot to load the chamber that night. I truely belive I have a second lease on life and I live it to the fullest. Every time I hear no I am reminded of what almost happened and I know from experince, sucide is not the awnser.

(This is an e-mail form Austin, my girlfriend's little sisters' boyfriend on his experice with suicide. He is now the most energtic, happiest guy I know. He is a suicide counceler and if you want his number to talk to him PM me and I'll give it to you.)

or...

1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)

4Doctodragon
4Doctodragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-05 23:35:35

Trying something new always makes me feel a bit better. Just go out and do something that you know isn't you. Try drugs, start wearing psychedelic clothing, find something creative to do. Whatever you need to do.

There's nothing better than the feeling of something new.

BBS Signature
i-is-will-own-you
i-is-will-own-you
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-05 23:42:48

I know my opinion doesn't really matter, nor will it change your mind, but just don't do it. Everyone goes through hard times, be they long or short. It's very possible everyone's had suicidal thoughts before. It doesn't necessarily mean we all WANT to, but it's been in the back of the mind as a "what if...". I really do understand you when you say you've given up on life and don't care; I've been in that state of mind many times, but it passes. If you seek help, you'll thank yourself in the future.

I really can't explain it any better than any other serious person on this thread, as they've already posted it. All I can really say is to look for a doctor if your thoughts reoccur this often. In the meantime, play some Halo or Counter-Strike and blow the shit out of things to relieve stress. :D

And to all the pussies who think they're cool saying shit like "attention seeker" and "just do it", I'm glad you've got the balls to type something online to someone you don't know.

Koopa-Dude94
Koopa-Dude94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 15:22:52

At 3/5/08 09:24 PM, Xavon wrote:
At 3/5/08 05:30 PM, Koopa-Dude94 wrote:
At 3/4/08 11:53 PM, Xavon wrote:
At 3/4/08 11:46 PM, GrammerNaziElite wrote: Xavon. kill yourself before you kill others.
You've become one of the people I'm living for.
Did you take my advice, or figure that out on your own? Either way, Nice choice.
Both I guess.

GNE is a funny guy, he makes me smile when he tries to insult me. Brings me up a little bit.

Thanks GrammarNaziNinja.

So...Posting this on Newgrounds was actually a really good choice. Some posters will taunt and mock you, others will try to help you. It's sort of a gamble, in a way. Some bastard posting "Do it, we'll all be happy" doesn't really seem like something that could push you over the edge, but you never know. All i know is, I'm glad you didn't do it. Yet. Are you still thinking about it? Anyway, I'm glad you found something you can enjoy.

That was probably the most poetic post I've ever made. Is that good or bad?

Maybe if I find a good picture of something, then I'll have a good sig.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 17:27:07

I like Suicide, they make good music.

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
The-punch
The-punch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 17:42:53

Ive thought about suicide before youll eventually go back to normal and youll realize what a dumbass you were hell i thought about suicide 6 or 7 times last year

ChaosDragon227
ChaosDragon227
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 17:54:25

At 3/4/08 08:43 PM, RadioactiveRabbit wrote:
At 2/20/08 05:34 PM, Psycho wrote: And how the hell is suicide going to make any of that better?
Ending it.

Although suicide may end all the pain/problems (even though they're short-lived), you'd be stuck burning for the rest of eternity with the guilt of knowing that you caused the people you're connected with much more pain through your extremely selfish actions. Just remember, there's always someone who cares.

You've just been "Sarged"!

GrammerNaziElite
GrammerNaziElite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 17:58:27

Thanks GrammarNaziNinja.

No problem, but i seriously think you should consider that it is your mental incompetence that is leading you to believe you need to kill others.

I don't want to insult you, and i hate the idea of suicide, but it's the humanitarian thing to do if you plan on killing others.

If you find a way to deal with your disability without any casualties, then by all means, use it.

Proud member of the Atheist Church

sweet21- they found his birth certificate and he wasn't born in America but Hawaii, so will he be fired from being the president?

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 18:28:28

I don't think there's anything wrong with suicide. If you don't want to live, then don't. Make room in the already overpopulated world for people that actually have the will to live.

However, if you decide you want to live, then it's worth it. If not, eh, go ahead and off yourself. In reality, nobody can do anything about it.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
hellsorb
hellsorb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 18:40:11

Think of all the people who hate you and live on to spite them. >;D Who says a vengeful nature can't be used in a positive fashion.

If everyone thinks you are the devil... Why not play it up?

BBS Signature
MDooks
MDooks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 18:59:03

Been there. Tried it. 3 Times. Therapy is good. Drinking is good... Actually I was uber-fucked up until everyone sent me to a mental health ward and drug and alcohol rehab. Seeing that shit made me just want to get out and fucking go to the beach and do whatever you know? It made me not want to be cooped up inside or in a bar somewhere slowly drinking myself to death because I was too much of a little bitch to take my own life nice and quick. But I'm glad I didn't now... Because there is so much to life that you don't notice until you see where you're heading.

Don't do it. Not worth it.

OW! My eye!! I'm not supposed to get jigs in it!!.

MDooks
MDooks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:04:45

Oh and they told me I have Bipola. But you get over it.

OW! My eye!! I'm not supposed to get jigs in it!!.

steph2568
steph2568
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:09:51

please think again about killing yourself because when you kill yourself and by the time you realize you've made a mistake, it'll be too late.

<3

BBS Signature
Bade
Bade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:26:03

Basically it's like this, if you're religious/any religion is right, suicide's a sin and you go to hell, which I'm told is probably worse. If you're not religious/religion is wrong, there's nothing and you're done and everyone who pissed you off or dumped on you to make you this way wins. You can accomplish nothing dead, and regardless how bad it gets as long as you're alive there's the potential for change.
My recommendation would be counselling with a Psychologist (Not psychiatrists, they're pill pushers who don't give a shit.) Pills will only help you to some degree, they bury your problems under a haze of drug induced artificial happiness without actually addressing your problems. For that you need counselling. Most Psychiatrists are only interested in making you functional and will throw drugs at you til you go away.
So, live for tomorrow, cuz it might be better than today, and if it's not, there's the day after.

guy777
guy777
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:31:29

hey dude thats life i have considered it before to you cant get everything.tell me do you live on the street or are dieing from some fatal disease like the kids in Africa be happy with your life dont kill yourself that doesnt do anything and the best part of life IS the challenges you cant do everything like that,find something you like doing like wrestling (not killing)something that beats the crap out of people legally.And if you have to kill yourself you are insane and you need help.now.

cows are attacking!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
JackPhantasm
JackPhantasm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:35:16

Suicide should never be the answer to anything.

You should get some help if you really feel that way.

There is so much to live for.

You're 16 you haven't even really lived your life yet.

At least live for like 15 more years before you make up your mind for sure.

Because there's no going back.

poop
poop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:43:55

you should do it

poop
poop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:46:52

i bet you won't do it pussy

Rague
Rague
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 19:55:29

There's no way in heaven or hell I could describe to you the exact complications and simillar ironies that parallel our personalities, mindsets, and lives. Either way, I'll sound "emo" and you won't listen beyond what everyone....

Hell with it.

Seeing how there is a great deal defining this as a joke. I am only going to say....

You know what, I'm lost for words. I don't have the stamina nor the patience.

If you're not being a fucking prick trying to be funny, then I have a request of you. When you meet God or whatever the hell humanity prays to, tell him to check his messages.

Kyle101
Kyle101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 20:00:58

go to an insaneasylum or therapist or something dude.

The kitten picture page: You can't resist there little faces!!!

zombiefy1
zombiefy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 20:07:51

At 2/20/08 05:52 PM, Jaredcatz wrote: Go cry, emo kid.

what the fuck is your problem asshole?are you pissed that your an "in the closent fag"? and have to take out your anger on the distressed?.....asshole

anyways, xavon, ive been thru a little of what your saying, but trust me, dont take the easy way out, try and find something that makes you happy. it worked for me, mabey it will work for you, just give it a shot before you do anything stupid.

BBS Signature
Unimportant
Unimportant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 20:24:11

Normally I'd goad you on, or laugh at your misfortune, or maybe even list several convenient ways of dying, but let's see if I can't do something more helpful this time.

First off, I have to say that Newgrounds is a bit of a poor place to discuss thoughts of suicide. We're not serious here, especially in General forum. We "Don't care". And above all else, few of us here harbor actual thoughts of suicide. We can't relate to you if you wanted to, and most of us don't want to.

As for why we're so unsympathetic, I think, for me at least, it was always that you really don't have it that hard. Sorry, but that's what I think. There's people on the other side of the planet that don't have food. You have food, shelter, clothing, internet. You have luxuries. Personal comforts. Somehow it doesn't seem right that they're still hanging in there while you're throwing in the towel.

Another reason is because it's hugely disrespectful to all the people who have cared for you. Forgive me if it turns out that you had abusive parents (apologies, but I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread, though I have tried to skim over your posts), but if they loved and cared for you, then it's a huge slap in their face for you to kill yourself, especially if you don't even try to talk to them about it. My parents moved me here a little after the breakup of the Soviet Union to avoid the civil war, they gave up their jobs, their homeland, to give me a safe place to live. I don't appreciate them nearly enough for that, but I'd never spit in their face by offing myself.

Lastly, overlapping a little with the first reason, is just the greediness of the gesture. Life isn't about you or your problems. Everyone has problems, some people more than others, some people's worse than others. Suicide seems like a cry for attention, like you did it because things weren't going your way, because it wasn't all about you. If you want good things from life, you have to put work in to get them. Admittedly, I don't put in as much work as I should, but each day I try to get something done, to achieve some kind of progress.

This is going to come off as angry. It's not. I was genuinely trying to be civil while writing this. I just don't believe (nor do I think you can sufficiently make me believe) that life has been so irremediably bad for you that it can't be fixed, that it's not going to get better. The very least you could do is talk to your parents, they don't deserve to get blindsided.

Someone once asked me why I call myself Unimportant. Simple, I said. As a nihilist, that's what I see everyone and everything as. In the end, we are all Unimportant.

saqwert
saqwert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 20:33:49

At 2/20/08 05:31 PM, Xavon wrote:
If I killed myself, what would the big deal be?

It wont be a big deal as no one loves you and you have no friends. Just go ahead and kill yourself instead of begging newgrounds for antention

GrammerNaziElite
GrammerNaziElite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-06 21:21:03

GOTTA KEEP-A MOVIN' ON, MOVIN' ON

Proud member of the Atheist Church

sweet21- they found his birth certificate and he wasn't born in America but Hawaii, so will he be fired from being the president?

arcansi
arcansi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-07 23:35:19

lolz

True story...

BBS Signature
MCRaddict810
MCRaddict810
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-07 23:42:13

At 2/20/08 05:52 PM, Jaredcatz wrote: Go cry, emo kid.

Suicide.

BBS Signature
AdolfHitIer
AdolfHitIer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Suicide. 2008-03-07 23:42:41

Yes, go do it you fucking emo.

BBS Signature