00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

72 hours: sleepless.

997 Views | 9 Replies

72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 04:27:26

So me and my friend, being the teenagers lusting for fun, have decided to stay up at least 72 hours over the 4 day weekend. (teacher work day/president's day.) So far I am at around 15 hours, and he is at about 27. He started before me, bleh.

Anyway, I'll probably keep track here.

While I'm at it, here are a few questions:

Will we hallucinate? I have heard rumors of this.

Will we get 'crazy' at all?

I read how if a cop pulls you over and you tell him you have been awake for 72 hours then he can say you are a danger to yourself, others, and put you in a hospital for 3-day recovery or something along those lines. Does this have any credibility?

And, have you ever done it? What are your experiences.

I will probably go longer, just to test myself. Probably doze off in school. Eh.

That about covers it, I guess. :)

BBS Signature

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 04:31:43

At 2/16/08 04:27 AM, Chippythechipmonk wrote: Will we hallucinate? I have heard rumors of this.

No.

You'll experience mood swings and fatigue, but no.

I read how

No?

I'm an insomniac. Try living your whole life sleepless.

I will probably go longer, just to test myself. Probably doze off in school. Eh.

Don't do it. Before you even get to 30 hours you'll just collapse on your feet and sleep for about 15 hours.

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 04:32:22

At 2/16/08 04:27 AM, Chippythechipmonk wrote: So me and my friend, being the teenagers lusting for fun, have decided to stay up at least 72 hours over the 4 day weekend. (teacher work day/president's day.) So far I am at around 15 hours, and he is at about 27. He started before me, bleh.

Anyway, I'll probably keep track here.

While I'm at it, here are a few questions:

Will we hallucinate? I have heard rumors of this.

Probably. If you start babbling on the BBS about Underpants Gnomes, remember this: PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Prolly.

I read how if a cop pulls you over and you tell him you have been awake for 72 hours then he can say you are a danger to yourself, others, and put you in a hospital for 3-day recovery or something along those lines. Does this have any credibility?

Most likely. After you've been up for 72 hours (if you make it), you'll understand why.

Yes. A lot of Super Smash Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog was involved.

I bet you don't last 48.

That about covers it, I guess. :)

kkthxbai

domestic violence can be funny too!

BBS Signature

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 04:35:23

Wow. Just got 2 completely opposite posts in 1 minute.

Anyway, I will make it to 72. I've done 48 before, no problem. 2 days is no big feat. Don't insult me. :P

BBS Signature

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 05:47:06

omg, you're about to beat my record!

good job and keep up the good work(no pun intended)

Beat 4 DAYS.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 05:55:21

Fatigue can cause your eyes and ears to play tricks on you, I once stayed up for ages playing a Resident Evil game, and I kept seeing zombies hanging around in my room, but then they became random items such as the tv or comp =P

lol

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 06:01:31

At 2/16/08 04:27 AM, Chippythechipmonk wrote: Will we hallucinate? I have heard rumors of this.

No. If your friend says he does he's lying.

No you might get pissy but not crazy.

Something about sleeping while drowsy will get you a ticket. I'm not sure if it's true but meh. I've never heard of the 3 day recovery. You'll probably just have to go home and go to sleep.

No I haven't tried it.

Great

BBS Signature

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 06:49:07

It's been scientifcaly proven that you don't need sleep to live, only energy. I'd do it for about twice as long, but I can't be assed.

I can't actually imagine why you're looking down here, but while you are...

MSN: acidsoldier@gmail.com, Steam: boomman123321

BBS Signature

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 06:55:24

i dont care its lunchtime in england where i live

underage users there so easy to spot LOL

BBS Signature

Response to 72 hours: sleepless. 2008-02-16 07:00:04

I have done 36, not out of my own choice. I felt nakered at around 18-24 hours in then started feeling more awake. I think i could do it for a week. Never planning to try though. at around 24 hours i was extremly moody.