00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG London Meetup 3

12,596 Views | 255 Replies

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-04-22 13:51:18

At 4/22/08 01:31 PM, Luis wrote: I am toying with the idea of renting a projector and maybe spending an evening watching ng movies and playing games on a big screen ... it sounds nerdy or what not but it might be fun. Its a newgrounds meet after all..

does that sound at all entertaining to you all?

Sounds good :D
Everyone should take it in turns to pick a decent movie/game or one of their own for us all to watch/play.

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-04-22 18:53:24

Luis said - projector idea

It sounds like fun if it was organized. If not it may be a bit boring.. Could imagine it being a bit slow.

Somebody should definetly bring a console so we can play whatever at some point. There's always times when we've been sat around (like sunday for example) so it'd be cool to have a quick mess about on.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-04-22 19:35:40

I agree. This was a thought for one of the days where its kinda slow anyway.. Sundays usually pan out to be the ones where people are still reeling.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-04-23 06:54:09

At 4/22/08 07:35 PM, Luis wrote: I agree. This was a thought for one of the days where its kinda slow anyway.. Sundays usually pan out to be the ones where people are still reeling.

Nothing better to cure a hangover than to drink some beer and watch some flashes.

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-04-23 07:01:57

At 4/22/08 06:53 PM, Mogly wrote: Somebody should definetly bring a console so we can play whatever at some point. There's always times when we've been sat around (like sunday for example) so it'd be cool to have a quick mess about on.

Yeah. Its happening. I'll be dragging down a 360 with Rock Band (assuming I have the cash for it at the end of May). Hans will be bringing extra film for his video camera. If we can hook it up to the projector...

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-04-27 20:46:49

I might be able to bring my projector down if requested.

SIG YOINK!

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-06 12:46:09

Anybody good at cooking? I was thinking it would be economical and fun to have some sort of potluck on one or more of the days... maybe someone can volunteer to cook. I can only volunteer to bartend cause ive never actually cooked anything before. I only microwave. :(

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-06 12:51:40

Supposing i will actually have enough money to come down after italy,leeds,download + usual summer drinking etc. Then i will certainly cook shit. (Not literally)

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-06 13:49:16

I just want to remind folk that I've got a wee 'surprise'. January attendees probably know what it is, Richard's getting a sneak preview next fortnight/helping to make it better and please don't tell Tom.

Anyways, hopefully you'll like it. Leave aside a few hours. Maybe it could be fitted into the hungover day?

Potluck sounds awesome but not very practical, seeing as we don't have access to our own cooking facilities.

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-06 13:51:34

At 5/6/08 01:49 PM, Bezman wrote: January attendees probably know what it is

I've either forgotten, I was never told, or I do remember it, and im just confusing it with something else.

Either way, give me a pm for reminders will ya :P

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-06 15:00:08

At 5/6/08 01:49 PM, Bezman wrote: I just want to remind folk that I've got a wee 'surprise'. January attendees probably know what it is, Richard's getting a sneak preview next fortnight/helping to make it better and please don't tell Tom.

Anyways, hopefully you'll like it. Leave aside a few hours. Maybe it could be fitted into the hungover day?

Potluck sounds awesome but not very practical, seeing as we don't have access to our own cooking facilities.

Well it wouldnt literally be a potluck.. like maybe people could pitch in some money for someone to take the role of chef and cook. id be down with that.. i couldnt bother to let these precious mitts risk being burned.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-06 15:16:31

At 5/6/08 01:49 PM, Bezman wrote: I just want to remind folk that I've got a wee 'surprise'. January attendees probably know what it is, Richard's getting a sneak preview next fortnight/helping to make it better and please don't tell Tom.

I'm all psych about our small meet and journey through Scotland, and it should be fun to hear whats new for the not-to-be-named project. I'll attempt to be critical in my input.

At 5/6/08 02:59 PM, Luis wrote:
Well it wouldnt literally be a potluck.. like maybe people could pitch in some money for someone to take the role of chef and cook. id be down with that.. i couldnt bother to let these precious mitts risk being burned.

I disagree sir.

At 5/6/08 02:59 PM, Luis wrote:

I agree sir, its a great idea. No doubt, the chef will need a few assistants cooking up a feast. As long as it doesn't involved a sign up sheet....

drinks
drinks
drinks
papercup
chips
-
-

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-11 02:18:34

I was thinking that on thursday aug 28th rather than go out somewhere to eat we could just meet up at the flat and have someone cook dinner.. i remember some people's flights running late and it was a huge mess with them waiting outside the flat while we were out at the restaurant... i think it would cut that issue out of the picture to just stay in on day 1... someone can cook and we'll empty out the liquor store like last time

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-11 08:52:35

At 5/11/08 02:18 AM, Luis wrote: someone can cook and we'll empty out the liquor store like last time

This sounds like a plan. I'd be more than happy to chip in for booze (and make some turbo-shandys), but don't expect me to cook. I'm probably on par with Luis as a chef. =P

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-11 12:18:11

At 5/11/08 06:58 AM, FloppyDiskClock wrote: Wouldn't is be easier and time sufficient if we ordered a large takeaway meal?

Takeaway actually sounds like a damn good idea. I'm gonna bookmark it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 14:20:00

At 5/11/08 12:18 PM, Luis wrote:
At 5/11/08 06:58 AM, FloppyDiskClock wrote: Wouldn't is be easier and time sufficient if we ordered a large takeaway meal?
Takeaway actually sounds like a damn good idea. I'm gonna bookmark it.

Excellent, i'm a fan of just about every take away under the sun these days.
And yeah, i'll chip in a months wages or so for booze. You boys are gonna get to see something special :D

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 14:44:09

Why is this in the flash form?

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 14:47:54

At 5/14/08 02:44 PM, Kajenx wrote: Why is this in the flash form?

Because this was originally a Flash reg's meetup back last september and this january, and most of the details are still reserved for flash regs, only now its been opened up to all NG aswell, but more limited.

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 15:07:15

I'm sure it's been said before, but does anyone have a rough estimate of the entire cost of this trip if one was to purchase plane tickets from the US within the next month or so? I'll look it up myself if I have to, I just figured somebody from here must be going and already know this info.

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 17:59:55

At 5/14/08 03:07 PM, Matt-Porter wrote: I'm sure it's been said before, but does anyone have a rough estimate of the entire cost of this trip if one was to purchase plane tickets from the US within the next month or so? I'll look it up myself if I have to, I just figured somebody from here must be going and already know this info.

roughly the ticket during high season is about $800... hotels are round $250 a night... probably alot more considering the dollar is all but worthless!

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 18:16:09

At 5/14/08 05:59 PM, Luis wrote: roughly the ticket during high season is about $800... hotels are round $250 a night... probably alot more considering the dollar is all but worthless!

The place i stayed at was about 160-180$ a night. Nice place to, even if the rooms were small.

Anyway, i just got back from London. Its a damn nice place. Hell of an experiance. I took the Pickidilly Line to Cockfosters. lol. Love the names there.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 18:26:40

At 5/14/08 06:16 PM, 23450 wrote: Anyway, i just got back from London. Its a damn nice place. Hell of an experiance. I took the Pickidilly Line to Cockfosters. lol. Love the names there.

u do anything interestingg?

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-14 19:01:03

At 5/14/08 06:26 PM, Luis wrote: u do anything interestingg?

It was technically a music class with the college. So, we seen alot of music stuff. Biggest being a Requiem that consisted of a friggin massive chior (200 people at least, maybe more), and some damn nice orchestrated music. It was epic. We also seen Lion king on stage, which ended up having technical difficulties durring the climax. > : (

Besides that, did alot of walking, just taking in as much of the place as i could. Most interesting stuff happened in Prague. Seen a sex show and everything. lol.

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-16 02:07:20

At 5/14/08 05:59 PM, Luis wrote:
At 5/14/08 03:07 PM, Matt-Porter wrote: I'm sure it's been said before, but does anyone have a rough estimate of the entire cost of this trip if one was to purchase plane tickets from the US within the next month or so? I'll look it up myself if I have to, I just figured somebody from here must be going and already know this info.
roughly the ticket during high season is about $800... hotels are round $250 a night... probably alot more considering the dollar is all but worthless!

Holy shit, $800 is how much I made off my last game, and that's all I have left for rent for the next 2 months ($223 a month, 5 roomates :) ). If I was to go, I would seriously sleep outside the hotel, you guys can toss me out a pillow or something, I'll be fine with a sleeping bag and pillow alone anyways. I guess I never realized that I was on the lower end of the income bracket hehe, o well, I survive. Now was that $800 round trip or one way? I honestly have no clue on prices overseas, only traveled across the US which was $350 each way, so I'll assume $800 is one way, but who knows. Either way, I'm eager to jump in on this, and I will seriously rough it outside as long as I can get my ass their and enjoy the trip and events.

On a side note I'm a full time student at my community college, and my only source of income right now is strictly from flash games, and I'm still working on getting better at that, it's hard to make a decent game every month :(

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-26 21:46:09

been gettin a few pm's about a list of people going. I think its waaaay to early to be discussing that, but heres one anyway. I should warn that the list tends to slim down as the date nears, either because people find that they have other commitments or they simply arent able to make it.

So take this info with a grain of salt i guess!

=========================

Definately attending (as far as i know)
Luis
AlmightyHans
Luka
Kirk-Cocaine
KaynSlamdyke
JPI
HappySheep
The-Swain
Shalashaska-1
mogly
chromeshark

likely to show up
AsthmaticHamster
FBIpolux
DannyIsOnFire
Bezman
BR
zoy
Krinn
The-Super-Flash-Bros
TheEXP
TimFrommeyer
Xenon
liljim
BritishMoose

Others that expressed interest
UnknownFury
citricsquid (lmao)
Cally
jonthompson
paranoia
edvin
aloneinthedark
bananabreadmuffin
lucy

unlikely but who carez!
Denvish

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-26 22:56:36

At 5/26/08 09:46 PM, Luis wrote: The Who's Who of NG

Jeez, even if like half of the "likely to show up" or "interested" people show up this should be an ace meat.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-27 05:52:56

At 5/26/08 09:46 PM, Luis wrote: The Who's Who of NG

Oi! Why do you keep leaving me off the lists?

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-27 06:25:41

Incidentally, Operation "Embarass Everyone with Kareoke and Fake Musical Instruments" is a go if people are still interested.

Anyone know how to split the input from a USB microphone?

BBS Signature

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-05-27 10:21:55

At 5/26/08 09:46 PM, Luis wrote: BR

Mentioned he probably couldn't come, unfortunately.

Incidentally, the Secret Thing is still progressing and is looking rather good.

Response to NG London Meetup 3 2008-06-17 13:13:35

Next month I'll begin looking to getting a concrete count on the number of people staying at my place, as I've stated previously, there is no two-flat setup this time so i definately cant accomidate as many people as before. I dont mind having cramped quarters on the meetup day but on other days i'd like to keep it relatively light. I have no clue how lenient the landlords of the flat are going to be. We lucked out last time cause the actual place renting it out was a few blocks away.

Also while I'm on that subject, if you are going to stay at my place please do not be a liability. We had no major issues last time but there were some nonehteless. I realize I wasnt exactly a role model last time (which i do apoligize for) but I definately dont want any sort of issues whatsoever. No climbing the walls outside... no puking all over the place.. no breaking / spilling things. no violent drunks etc... There is going to be a ton of people coming out this time and i cant help but feel like you all are under my responsibility so please have fun but know your limits and do your part to keep things incident free.

I'll be preaching the above statement repeatedly so get used to it :)

None

BBS Signature