MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 14th, 2008 @ 03:15 PM

FIRST "PAGE"

Welcome to the

Monthly Audio Contest 2008 - February-March Pillars of Pico theme.

Please put ALL your posts about submissions and other misc stuff in the designated thread. ONLY POST SUBMISSIONS HERE! Designated thread can be found

Here!

Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico!

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 14th, 2008 @ 03:32 PM

Pillars of Pico?
- - Over the years on Pico day (April 31st), Pico has enjoyed time and time again some awesome tributes in his honor in both audio and visual regards. All the while leaving the other characters which live on Newgrounds feel all the less loved :'(

We must love them, like we would our neglected brothers/sisters!

And so we shall march to amend this by showing the love the popular characters whom stand behind Pico! And in order to show everybody the names and faces which help Newgrounds on it's feet every day, I present to you, THE LIST!

1. Pico (and friends)
2. The Bots (P-Bot, A-Bot, etc.)
3. The dudes from Dad 'n Me and Chainsaw the Children
4. Tankmen

Who is Pico?

Pico is the face of Newgrounds! Been around longer then most whipper snappers reading this. Thats right, GET OFF NEWGROUND'S LAWN!!!

If you are new to Pico (GTFO!), view the collection to get a good understanding of what he is percieved as and who you think he is. Pico is described as a quiet, but fully murderous capable child who can kick ass and kick it hard if need be.

Friends
- Nene
- Darnell

Who are the Bots?

The bots be the bolts of the battleship! Slaving away to keeping it all together, being tinkered with every so often. The cold, the cruel, the cool machines of madness!

- A-Bot - Audio Bot. Screaming "YOUR SYSTEM IS MADE OF NOT FAIR" by the masses for years. Many of us had a chance to get a giggle out of the quite literally weekly thread of unfair downvoting. Give some respect, make the bastard a tune! *Watch A-Bot jiggle to tunes right now!!!*

- p-Bot - Portal Bot. The hammer of god so to speak. Smashing and blamming, saving and slamming submissions as it sees fit (with input from outside sources of course :D!) The Flash bot was the original, the source, ground zero so to speak! We can do nothing but admit our worthlessness in it's presence. We are not worthy, but we are worthy of making F-Bot some tributes. Bring on the love!

- G-Bot Gold Bot. No, sariously, he r made of exist!!!! G-Bot handles our Grounds Gold accounts. You know, that thing you click to check if you have new reviews/fans EVERAY DAY! That thing which was you use to send hurtful pm's to bastardly people of the internots! G-Bot is perhaps the most neglected of them all. Let us shed a tear of mercy and give it some love!

- M-Bot Monitor Bot. The unflinching arm of the law! Monitor Bot's hobby includes assisting site moderators, relaying ban notices to bastardly users, and long walks along a beach littered with the corpses of the banned. Why not prove your innocence and legitimacy by punching him up with a tune :D?!

- F-Bot Femm Bot. We can only guess what she's for. Maybe to fill the estrogen in the otherwise testosterone filled oil in the place? With no known function, we can wait. We must not show our respect, but we must show our curiousity... let us throw hate mail?

questionable bot, do not be showing no audio respects >:(
I-Bot I find it lolarious?

About the Contest this month
- The contest theme is quite open, but your song(s) should be easily recognized to the genre-choise of this month.

- You will recieve a harder judgement if your contest submission(s) clearly is outside the given genre(s), but then again, they're both quite wide, so stay creative!

- Alot of flash-artists have shown to have alot of usage for these two genres, and since the MAC have grown fairly big on NG, it's good extra exposure for your audio.

Who's Dad 'n Me?
Who are they? They're not you OR your father >:(! Dad 'n Me is a popular game conceived a while ago about a giant purple mass of muscle, with a little mass of muscle for a son. The two spend their time bonding through the blood of others.

"No son, the knife does more damage THROUGHT the Xyphoid Process :D!"
"Thanks Dad, I love you :')"

There is simply not enough tunes to bring up the air and essence that is Dad 'n Me. So You 'n PC should get together, and change that! CHANGE IT!

But Dad wasn't always Dad. See him in his reckless youth in Chainsaw the Children and Chainsaw the Children 2!

Where he decided to go have his own kid after killing so many, is beyond our mortal capability.

Who's Tankmen?
You're joking? You don't know who the Tankmen are?! DAMN YOU, STOP HAVING HOLDING YOUR BREATH UNDERWATER COMPETITIONS WITH YOUR FISH AND WINNING! GAWD, BREATH AND LET YOUR BRAIN REPAIR ITSELF >:(!

The Tankmen are the new faces on the block. Thrown out there by "the Utah!" as I call him, the characters in it have become madly popular for flash animators to make fun off. We had a contest earlier to make a theme for said tankmen, but it can't hurt for more awesome yes?! YES?!

Awards
1) Best Pico and friends theme - $100
2) Best Bots theme - $100
3) Best Dad 'n Me theme - $100
4) Best Tankmen theme - $100

- Tshirt to the runner ups of each genre!

- Front Page Spots for the top song of each genre.

- The winners will be announced by the bastardized and constantly drunk radiogrounds.com DJ PsychoGoldfish as usual!

MaestroRage
MaestroRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 14th, 2008 @ 03:34 PM

Entering the Contest, Basic Rules
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what's OK to upload and what's not, check this thread. Basically, you must not submit material that include samples you have no copyright/permission to use.

2 - Make a song according to these rules! Your song(s) can be as long as you wish, remember that NG now has an 8 meg. limit for each song!

3 - Submit the song to the NG Audio Portal.

4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. You risk not getting on the list of submissions if you do not post links to your songs. Also include the audio title.

5 - For this contest, you are allowed to submit two songs for any of the four genres. You can submit as many as you want for any of these catagories, but it is OF UTMOST IMPORTANT YOU LET US KNOW WHICH 2 YOU WANT JUDGED. Failling this will result in us simply judging your first two. Even if we know you did much better on the later ones. Let us know.

6 - Do not break any of the rules stated in this thread. If you intend on submitting with different profiles, notify Maestrorage or Rucklo about this. If we find out that you break the rules, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your actions are, you might get banned from the contest for some time. Basic BBS rules apply in this thread too, of course. If there are posts that are irrelevant for the contest/spam, a moderator will clean it up. This mean your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk getting banned from the NG BBS. All according to the BBS rules and the forum specific Audio Forum rules.

7 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread by 15th of March. If you cannot post for one reason or another, PM or e-mail maestrorage or Rucklo, enter a valid reason why you can't do it yourself, and we'll see to it that your contest entry is in. To make it even clearer; - No submissions will be accepted when March 15th is up.

8 - It is now possible to update songs one have submitted to the contest, and it is allowed to do so. However, when March 15th is up, no more updates are allowed. The songs will be downloaded by this time, and distributed amongst the judges (or if they choose to download the songs themselves) to avoid the risk of somone updating the song post deadline.

9 20 songs, or 5 songs per genre will be finalists in the contest.

10 - LOL (A ROFL IS NOT ALLOWED!)

Extra notes
- The judging will be done similiar to prevous MAC's, obviously songs in the different genres will be treated differently. Personal taste of the judges will be a factor, technical difficultie, overall sound... The usuall, really. :)

- Rules, guidelines and other things that this contest have, may change as time goes by. If anything changes, you will find out by staying updated to this thread.

- There will be two threads, one for submissions, and one for talking about songs and what not. DO NOT POST IN THE ENTRIES THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE ENTERING. Otherwise a deleted post is you.

- If you have any bright ideas for future MACs, don't be shy to PM Maestrorage or Rucklo
with your ideas.

MAC8 - Feb-March Crewmembers and their function.
MaestroRage - Chief Judge, creator of the judging system. second in command of the MAC8- Feb-Mar.
"The Utah!" - Made the awesome wallpaper.
PsychoGoldfish - DJ who will announce the winners live on radiogrounds.com
DarKsidE555 - Listmaster, updates the list of new submissions with new entries since the previous update marked.
Metalcan- Sig-pic maker, a damn good one too! He´s been making the sig-pics for all MACs so far.
TomFulp - Provides the awards along with creating/managing this website, newgrounds.com.
Rucklo - Contest manager.

Previous Audio Contest in the Audio Forum
MAC7 - June CASTLE CRASHERS theme.
MAC7 - May REDESIGN, FRONTPAGE THEME!
MAC7 - March (+April) PICO LOOP theme.
MAC7 - February PICO TREASURE HUNT!
Mrac06 - December
Mrac06 - November
MAC6 - October X-MAS theme
MAC6 - August TANKMEN theme
MAC6 - July OPEN CONTEST
Heaviest riff ever competition! (2006)
March Contest (2006)
Battle of the Audio Portal (2005)

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 15th, 2008 @ 03:51 PM

Well, I made a Theme for the bots.

Here it is.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
cHunter
cHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 15th, 2008 @ 07:39 PM

I made a Pico song. It's a remake of the original song from the beginning of Pico's School.

Song: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 24138

loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 16th, 2008 @ 02:34 PM

>A-Bot
-------
G'luck, guys!

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 17th, 2008 @ 08:34 AM

All righty, got some tracks to post...

Antagonist (Re-master) for the Pico genre. I reworked it a bit since the last pico theme comp :P This one is up for judging.

Melodic Erotica a brand new track for the robots! Except g-bot... I hate him. I sampled the retro transformers transformation sound. I'm not sure if I can use that legitimately or not, but it's easy to remove, so if a mod could contact me about this, that would be great. This track is also getting judged.

I got two more tracks I'd like to be tossed into the robot category. From what I gleaned in the rules, I am allowed to submit the tracks, they just won't get judged, right? With that in mind, I'd like to toss Android Combat and Battle of the Robots out into the ether.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
p4c
p4c
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 18th, 2008 @ 07:08 PM

Eat This

leave constructive crit for now doods :)

dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 19th, 2008 @ 01:22 PM

At 2/19/08 12:25 PM, Syntrus wrote: A very Emo submission for G- Bot based on his news post sorrow in circuitry

Intended for Nene Syntrus presents Chamber pot Symphony

You know what Scratch those two.

Exactly RMX-P-Bot Judge this submission

Night Breaker for G-Bot

Thats what I want judge those two or so help me... lol Plz Judge the ones I have links to.

Syntrus keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006
The Madness of Kid Triangle

BBS Signature
TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:38 PM

Ok so here are the songs I would like to submit for the MAC8, both of which are intended for the bots.

Robots?
Where is the Rock?

Please enjoy!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
SolusLunes
SolusLunes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 25th, 2008 @ 03:20 PM

Tankmen charge into battle
More like rolling actually
Very slowly, crawling if you will
But very intense none the less

Thats why this loop is Tanktastic

Badass Showdown

just you wait

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 02:08 PM

Good day to you sirs, I have come to take over ur country...or to say it in other words, welcome to the

Monthly Audio Contest 2008 - February-March Pillars of Pico theme SUBMISSIONLIST part 1 - ROFLS can be tricky!

Anyways, before you submit a tune to this contest, check your braces and hold your headphones! >:(

For submitting to the MAC, always keep the rules on page 1 in mind...

Also, SNEAK PEAKS, PREVIEWS, ENTRY CHANGES are strictly NOT allowed! Though, you ARE allowed to update your submitted entry!

For this MAC you can submit a total amount of 2 entries for each category there is! Though, keep in mind that only 2 songs will be judged when it comes down to the final! NEW stuff is preferred! You can submit old tunes as well but be aware that you won't score good with it in the judging phase!

These Audio contests are challenges and no recyle bins. ;)

Deadline for submitting your tunes: 15:th March 11:59:59pm EST

Deadline is deadline even if you are 1 second over it! Another easy rule from me...if you're not on the list, you're not on the list. Always check back on the list by yourself. I guarantee for nothing! >:(

ALSO, beeing on the list doesn't mean you can't get sorted out before the judging phase!!

Finally, Teh lists...OMFG lollerjoes and cockjokes! *gasp*

*+*Current Pillars of Pico theme submissions*+*

Category 1: Pico (and friends)

cHunter submitted:

- Pico Theme Remix

-----------------------------

Quarl submitted:

- Antagonist

Category 2: The Bots (P-Bot, A-Bot, etc.)

TMM43 submitted:

- Robots?
- Where is the Rock?

loogiesquared submitted:

- A-Bot
- Nene's Theme

Quarl submitted:

- Melodic Erotica

p4c submitted:

- Eat This

dj-pope submitted:

- No Logic

Syntrus submitted:

- Exactly RMX
- NightBreaker

SolusLunes submitted:

- I Love the Clouds

Category 3: Dad 'n Me / Chainsaw the Children

NONE YET

Category 4: Tankmen

RyeGuyHead submitted:

- Badass Showdown

Entries Overall: > 13 <

*+* !! END OF LISTS !! *+*

I ArE tehm almighty Listmastur!! >:U
I have them spoken!! srsyl! >:(

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
loogiesquared
loogiesquared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 27th, 2008 @ 08:08 PM

somethings wrong, i submitted the song
"Nene's Theme"
FOR Nene.

-kthnxbye

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 01:02 PM

At 2/27/08 08:08 PM, loogiesquared wrote: somethings wrong, i submitted the song
"Nene's Theme"
FOR Nene.

-kthnxbye

lmao, sry...will be corrected in the next list...fucking errors. D:<

404 ON TEH NOEZ!

BBS Signature
Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 05:18 PM

Chiki-Pinko! for the girly bot (forgot name)

Idle for Tankmen

Chasm for Dad n' Me

Also how many submissions can we enter again? >_____<!

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 28th, 2008 @ 05:21 PM

At 2/28/08 05:18 PM, Spikrodd wrote: Chiki-Pinko! for the girly bot (forgot name)
Chasm for Dad n' Me

I want these two to be judged kthx.

Arnas
Arnas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 29th, 2008 @ 12:22 AM

This is a theme for A-Bot I made
Life In The Audio Portal

thatcomposerguy
thatcomposerguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Feb. 29th, 2008 @ 07:52 PM

Here's a tankmen theme.

On Patrol

~TCG~

WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 01:07 AM

I Like to Hit Things
This submission is for the Dad'n'Me section, and I want it judged please.
I might update it between now and the 15th, so, yeah. I don't think I'll be able to have anything else done in time though...

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
omgitskatman
omgitskatman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 05:03 AM

i dont get it you fucks?

im russian so i eat cake. WTF!?!?

BBS Signature
TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 03:48 PM

Dad'n'Me:
Why Aren't You Out Tonight?

Bots:
Polymorphic Virus

BBS Signature
Developer
Developer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 2nd, 2008 @ 06:38 PM

Bots: Misery
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 19544

Tankmen: New Generation (NG)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 26877

DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 3rd, 2008 @ 10:52 AM

Monthly Audio Contest 2008 - February-March Pillars of Pico theme SUBMISSIONLIST part 2 - Rules schmules!

Before you submit a tune to this contest, check your braces and hold your headphones! >:(

For submitting to the MAC, always keep the rules on page 1 in mind...

Also, SNEAK PEAKS, PREVIEWS, ENTRY CHANGES are strictly NOT allowed! Though, you ARE allowed to update your submitted entry! For this MAC you can submit a total amount of 2 entries for each category there is! Though, keep in mind that only 2 songs will be judged when it comes down to the final!

The list ONLY includes those entries which you selected as to judge! NEW stuff is preferred! You can submit old tunes as well but be aware that you won't score good with it in the judging phase!

These Audio contests are challenges and no recyle bins. ;)

Deadline for submitting your tunes: 15:th March 11:59:59pm EST

Deadline is deadline even if you are 1 second over it! Another easy rule from me...if you're not on the list, you're not on the list. Always check back on the list by yourself. I guarantee for nothing! >:(

ALSO, beeing on the list doesn't mean you can't get sorted out before the judging phase!!

Anyways, here we go again!

*+*Current Pillars of Pico theme submissions*+*

Category 1: Pico (and friends)

cHunter submitted:

- Pico Theme Remix

Quarl submitted:

- Antagonist

loogiesquared submitted:

- Nene's Theme

Category 2: The Bots (P-Bot, A-Bot, etc.)

TMM43 submitted:

- Robots?
- Where is the Rock?

loogiesquared submitted:

- A-Bot

Quarl submitted:

- Melodic Erotica

p4c submitted:

- Eat This

dj-pope submitted:

- No Logic

Syntrus submitted:

- Exactly RMX
- NightBreaker

SolusLunes submitted:

- I Love the Clouds

Spikrodd submitted:

- Chiki-Pinko!

Arnas submitted:

- Life In The Audio Portal

TjA submitted:

- Polymorphic Virus

Developer submitted:

- Misery

Category 3: Dad 'n Me / Chainsaw the Children

Spikrodd submitted:

- Chasm

WritersBlock submitted:

- I Like to Hit Things

TjA submitted:

- Why Aren't You Out Tonight?

Category 4: Tankmen

RyeGuyHead submitted:

- Badass Showdown

thatcomposerguy submitted:

- On Patrol

Developer submitted:

- New Generation

Entries Overall: > 22 <

*+* !! END OF LISTS !! *+*

I've heard that DarKsidE555 consumes a lot of beerz...seriously!? Seriously! :D

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 3rd, 2008 @ 03:57 PM

A-Bot theme! >:D

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 5th, 2008 @ 05:18 PM

Here is my pico theme...!

BBS Signature
Arnas
Arnas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Mac8 - (feb-mar) Pillars Of Pico! Mar. 6th, 2008 @ 02:34 AM

Me 'n Dad - Children The Chain
Weird title, I know. It's for Me 'n Dad, of course. It was a little difficult to suit them. Anyway, this is my second submission for this contest and my last