00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Virgin Mobile Ad

10,037 Views | 63 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:15:26

Virgin Mobile UK have come up with a funny spoof ad video called Red Academy Friends, that "takes the piss out of" their competitor, Orange.

Users from the UK will likely be familiar with the patronising ads by Orange, where a young boy tries to teach adults how to use a phone's features. Even if you don't get the background, it's still funny to see Virgin mock their rival.

Check it out here!

And in other news... We've been hard at work on the console version of Alien Hominid, so keep your fingers crossed that we make it out in time for Christmas! The game is gonna rock!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:17:24

Dont rush it Tom when you rush to get a game out before christmas its gonna be filled with bugs trust me i know but im pretty excited to see what a console version of AlienHomid will look like.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:19:46

what console is this game coming out for? i am assuming PS2

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:23:23

At 9/5/03 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote: And in other news... We've been hard at work on the console version of Alien Hominid, so keep your fingers crossed that we make it out in time for Christmas! The game is gonna rock!

hope you'll post some thing like a beta on ng =)

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:25:17

At 9/5/03 10:19 AM, Toocool100 wrote: what console is this game coming out for? i am assuming PS2

And game cube :)

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:29:10

At 9/5/03 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote: Virgin Mobile UK have come up with a funny spoof ad video called Red Academy Friends, that "takes the piss out of" their competitor, Orange.

Ahaha - that's a big "Fuck you" to Orange.

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:31:29

At 9/5/03 10:25 AM, CeleryLock wrote: And game cube :)

ye, game cube!
I think it is intended for all consols (x-box, ps2, gc).
I just hope there will be a PAL version not too late after the american version is launched.

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:40:50

Any details on whether the game will be coming out worldwide (ergo, UK) and also what sort of price can be expected upon release?

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 10:42:56

At 9/5/03 10:40 AM, Fatboy_ wrote: what sort of price can be expected upon release?

good question

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 11:07:29

At 9/5/03 10:42 AM, poxpower wrote:
At 9/5/03 10:40 AM, Fatboy_ wrote: what sort of price can be expected upon release?
good question

Free for all NG users ;-) :-D

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 11:21:14

At 9/5/03 11:07 AM, Toocool100 wrote:
Free for all NG users ;-) :-D

Who send 50$ to Tom Fulp :(

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 11:45:15

At 9/5/03 10:29 AM, liljim wrote:
Ahaha - that's a big "Fuck you" to Orange.

The pigeon got caught in the flag.....that was great. And did anybody else know the future was going to be orange? It kinda ruins my hope of things getting better in the long run.

I wish I could see Orange's TV spots. I found one here: http://www.orange.ch/coverage/networkquality but after downloading the 7 meg movie I'm more confused. I think I downloaded an old one or something.

It's soooo nice to see a huge corporation take a swing at a competitor. Kinda like Vanilla Pepsi vs. Vanilla Coke. Only, with the truck bouncing like that, didn't all of the soda get shook up?

BTW, does NG have a competitor? Any other wannabe portals out there? Because if they do!¡!¡!¡!¡!

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 11:55:01

At 9/5/03 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote: And in other news... We've been hard at work on the console version of Alien Hominid, so keep your fingers crossed that we make it out in time for Christmas! The game is gonna rock!

....cant you like give us some cool features or something of AH? i mean no one really cares about virgin moble ads.... BRING ON THE ALIEN!

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 12:13:57

At 9/5/03 11:45 AM, Incredible_Hulk wrote: !¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!>[]

It looks like a zipper

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 12:40:25

Yea I look forward to that game being done - ya know ima cop that when its released, and dont rush take ya time perfection and excellence takes time......

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 13:31:08

At 9/5/03 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote: Virgin Mobile UK have come up with a funny spoof ad video called Red Academy Friends, that "takes the piss out of" their competitor, Orange.

Users from the UK will likely be familiar with the patronising ads by Orange, where a young boy tries to teach adults how to use a phone's features. Even if you don't get the background, it's still funny to see Virgin mock their rival.

yeh, i always found those vids funny, or ironic insted of patronising.. the amount of times when i was a kid i had been asked "how do u set the time on this" "how do u make it work??" "can u fix this from bleeping" etc etc, this was by fully grown adults, asking like a 9 yr old boy to sort their tvs and vids out.... so i kinda found it ironic, i also liked the way tht he taught them, i found tht incredibly ironic of the shit tht is mainly shipped over here from usa, the whole "self-help" shit... bloody fucks me off

I think virgins mobile service is as shite as everyother one, except they have a much more anoying feature; richard branson... fuck sake they have a monopoly like micro$oft... but i should stop now

T-Mobile, o2, virgin, orange and vodafone r all incredibly shit, compared wiv the rest of the worlds mobile companys... caller id hasn't even got to uk yet... its 2003, wtf!??

And its all apart of the inovation of companies like nokia, samsung and NEC tht piss me off, moving in tiny little steps.. in japan they make fones which will only unlock to ur finger print.. y has uk not got ne thing like this??

for £100 u can have a 3 carat diamond made, silicon is the best super-conductor we have, diamond is known to b better.. if we used diamond as a processor IMAGINE the speeds u could go at, every thing would b like a bullion times faster.. but they dont do it cos they have so much money to make doing tiny steps.. its fucked!

~tit

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 14:03:15

At 9/5/03 01:31 PM, titbread wrote: T-Mobile, o2, virgin, orange and vodafone r all incredibly shit, compared wiv the rest of the worlds mobile companys... caller id hasn't even got to uk yet... its 2003, wtf!??

What the hell are you on about? I've had my phone since 2001 and it has caller id... anyways, Virgin can try all they like, nobody will buy their phones, same as no-one has T-Mobile either.

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 15:17:06

At 9/5/03 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote: "takes the piss out of"

you just know someone British said that.

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 15:52:03

At least it shows that companies have a sense of humour perhaps we might see a nice few adverts with the mobile phone companies in the UK having a laugh..... well done virgin for once again showing how different you are!

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 15:58:32

heh, nice advert, the orange adverts really suck over here, that boy is fucking annoying, ah well, alien hominid game is gonna rock obviously! :-D

Virgin Mobile Ad

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 16:02:15

At 9/5/03 03:17 PM, dude666 wrote:
At 9/5/03 10:15 AM, TomFulp wrote: "takes the piss out of"
you just know someone British said that.

Hahahahaha. so true.... question. All you american guys, if we english people say "that takes the piss" or something like that, what do you guys say? That of course if you even know what it means.... :S I don't know how good some of you are at our side of the language. Sorry if I'm being offensive or anything :S. just some american people have asked me before.

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 17:11:55

That was funny as hell! I just can't wait to see what Orange will reply!

P.S.-I liked the part with the pigeon!

life takes time.

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 17:22:14

At 9/5/03 11:45 AM, Incredible_Hulk wrote: BTW, does NG have a competitor? Any other wannabe portals out there? Because if they do!¡!¡!¡!¡!

THIS is one big ng wannabe so what are you going too do?? =P

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 17:26:32

Anyone seen the ad with the cat and the fan?

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 19:36:22

Sod you all!

The T-Mobile adverts with Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf owned all

(I'm being sarcastic)

Orange suck. They don't suck as much as 02 (which really breaks my heart since i'm an Arsenal fan and 02 are their primary sponsor, so I don't like dissing them) but Orange is pretty crap.

TMOBILEOWNZALL!

(Respect to Richard Branson, thoroughly nice bloke. Gave my friend a voucher worth £50 off the price of a Nintendo 64 when they were first launched at the Virgin Megastore down Oxford Street)

Whoa, talk about digression

The advert rawked. Alien Hominid will rawk.

Peace out! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 20:05:01

stupid but yet funny..it was funny but stupid thats wat made it funny.i found that there was no point about it wat is it suppose to be aboout

Virgin Mobile Ad

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 20:10:39

Who is publishing the Alien Hominid game?

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 21:32:24

At 9/5/03 08:10 PM, sk8rmarky wrote: Who is publishing the Alien Hominid game?

According to Synj, some company called The Behemoth - http://www.thebehemoth.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 21:36:51

Yea, A.H. is gonna be cool on consoles... o wait... WHICH GODDAMN ONE?!?!? doesn't matter, as long as it isn't PS2 (the only one i don't have). Personnaly, GBA would be best.

Response to Virgin Mobile Ad 2003-09-05 22:19:49

Cool theres going to be a game I didnt really think there was going to, I will buy it when it comes out.(: