• 1,277 Replies
bbbzzz
bbbzzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-30 16:16:18

Hi, I submitted my song about two weeks ago, maybe a little less, and it still hasn't been aproved. If this is because is sounds fairly close to the original, then I assure you it's legitamately mine. I used reaper and put it together by ear. After I had pretty much copied it, I tried to improve it's instrumental combinations a bit. It's mine. thank you.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-30 16:31:06

At 4/30/09 04:16 PM, bbbzzz wrote: Hi, I submitted my song about two weeks ago, maybe a little less, and it still hasn't been aproved. If this is because is sounds fairly close to the original, then I assure you it's legitamately mine. I used reaper and put it together by ear. After I had pretty much copied it, I tried to improve it's instrumental combinations a bit. It's mine. thank you.

they most likely banned you for making a song they felt was not your own original work. My advice is to make an original song, make a new account - and resubmit.

bbbzzz
bbbzzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-30 20:16:57

yeah, but there are way less original thing on the audio portal that are submitted everyday.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-30 20:23:02

At 4/30/09 08:16 PM, bbbzzz wrote: yeah, but there are way less original thing on the audio portal that are submitted everyday.

they cant control those - but they CAN control more crap sprouting.

Pretend you are an audio mod.

you have weed killer - it can prevent weeds from growing - but it cant kill existing weeds.

now pretend an admin is a hand that comes in and uproots weeds.

as a weed killer you can jot down these offensive weeds and nofity the "gardener" (also known as the admin) to manually remove these threats, and you can also prevent new weeds from sprouting.

and that ends our botany lesson. Please do pages 3-55 from your textbooks and remember - there may be a test tomorrow.

DwayneBarry
DwayneBarry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-02 01:03:36

Since I am reading that this is being bumped for the purpose of telling people if they are approved or not I might as well ask the same question everyone else is asking. Have I been banned for my submission? Thanks lol.

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-02 02:38:47

I'll let the busy mods get to my song when they can. Regardless, I eagerly await the oppurtunity to post more songs.

If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
~Morton Feldman
Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature
ThatCostsM0ney
ThatCostsM0ney
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-02 08:55:58

At 2/19/08 09:38 PM, PastryMan wrote: Would we immediately know that our submission was disapproved? I submitted mine about two weeks ago, no messages, no emails. In fact, I submitted two songs, one of which is most definitely made by my own hands.

yep, same, waited 2 weeks, and nothing

entra1k
entra1k
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-02 12:41:41

I submitted a few days ago...nothing yet.

anguule
anguule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-02 16:29:08

From reading this thread it looks like there's no indication as to what happens to your submissions. It also looks like this is where I ask, how's my submission going? I submitted it a week or so ago, IIRC.

iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-02 19:04:31

At 5/2/09 04:29 PM, anguule wrote: From reading this thread it looks like there's no indication as to what happens to your submissions. It also looks like this is where I ask, how's my submission going? I submitted it a week or so ago, IIRC.

If it was a whole 7 days ago, You might be having some troubles. If you still have that email sent to you when you first submitted it, Maybe following the link within the email will tell you whether it was deleted or whatever.

Also, How's my Audio coming along? Any mods know?

anguule
anguule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-03 23:07:22

At 5/2/09 07:04 PM, iCurrie wrote: If you still have that email sent to you when you first submitted it, Maybe following the link within the email will tell you whether it was deleted or whatever.

Good idea, I checked the link and it still says Submission Waiting for Moderator Approval, so I suppose I just have to wait a while longer.

DwayneBarry
DwayneBarry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-06 14:51:38

This may sound dumb, but is their anyway any person who submits their first song can help prove (or disprove) that it is their original work? Explaining how they made their audio, how they set things, sample of the work in progress, etc.

Darren1337
Darren1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-06 17:02:08

This thread should be stickied. There's valuable information here that isn't anywhere else, in particular, the amount of time it takes for your first submission to be approved! A ballpark figure on the waiting time should be mentioned in the FAQ, or on the upload menu. It's quite frustrating not knowing :(

Thanks very much to the OP and SBB for the approval :)

Smella dodge.

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-06 17:08:47

At 5/6/09 05:02 PM, Darren1337 wrote: There's valuable information here that isn't anywhere else, in particular, the amount of time it takes for your first submission to be approved!

Grammatically this makes no sense.

A ballpark figure on the waiting time should be mentioned in the FAQ, or on the upload menu. It's quite frustrating not knowing :(

Between the moment you submit it and, in your case, several weeks.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
Darren1337
Darren1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-06 20:17:53

Erkie, were you asked to criticise my English? No. So shut the fuck up. Thanks in advance! :)

Smella dodge.

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-06 20:57:30

Don't take it personally, I just have no idea what you said.

Being a grammar nazi is grade school smart assery, anyway,

There's valuable information here that isn't anywhere else,

Which is a given, because it's the audio forum, it just falls under piles of other threads.

in particular, the amount of time it takes for your first submission to be approved!

In particular is specifying more information from the previous sentence, when the previous sentence had nothing to do with the amount of time submission approval takes.

A mod might skip some submissions every now and then, maybe ban the wrong person a few times a week, but it all works out in the end.

BBS Signature
Darren1337
Darren1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-06 21:19:07

Not that it matters but the "in particular" was referencing the previous sentence fragment, i.e. the bit before the comma. I got nothing but A's in every English exam I've ever had so I couldn't care less lol. If you fancy yourself as a writer, there are plenty of writing forums out there. I recommend writingforums.org :)

Smella dodge.

BBS Signature
Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-06 21:32:52

You're right, I found my discrepancy, but the sentence is still redundant.

Two English majors in my family.

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-07 15:05:50

Not sure if I should post this here. But I made a list of all the threads whining about approval, most of 'em being linked to this one.

List of Audio approval whining threads

I wonder if most cases are just impatient, or banned :p

Banned would mean they are all too lazy to read the rules (>:( )
And impatient would either mean they're stupidly impatient, or there could be some more mod activeness :p

Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-07 15:16:25

That's fucking awesome.

Most of them, like the favorite band starters, usually just hit the make a thread button without looking around.

The past two were made when this thread was at the top.

BBS Signature
Rockyusa
Rockyusa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-11 17:23:20

GAH!!!
I AM WAITING TOO LONGZ! It had been a day! LOL.
I can wait. Probably gonna make another song in the mean time.

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:
: I have no sexual orientation
: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature
TehRave
TehRave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-11 23:50:07

Ha wow well I'm glad I saw this thread. I was wondering for the past day why it hadn't been validated. However with those huge numbers I can understand thats pretty insane, how do the mods really have time for such management?

(still no validation though, curse you mods! kidding of course)

TehRave
TehRave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-15 01:38:24

At 5/11/09 11:50 PM, TehRave wrote: Ha wow well I'm glad I saw this thread. I was wondering for the past day why it hadn't been validated. However with those huge numbers I can understand thats pretty insane, how do the mods really have time for such management?

Yup its lame, but this really needs a bump..

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-16 16:19:31

bump again, but useless, nobody is reading lately... any of those threads, just make NEW ONES !!! >:(

Jonas
Jonas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-17 13:04:49

At 5/15/09 01:38 AM, TehRave wrote:
At 5/11/09 11:50 PM, TehRave wrote: Ha wow well I'm glad I saw this thread. I was wondering for the past day why it hadn't been validated. However with those huge numbers I can understand thats pretty insane, how do the mods really have time for such management?

Yup its lame, but this really needs a bump..

TehRave, just listened to both of your tracks, and I don't think a lot of people realize that we only can approve or ban. Your tracks show minimal effort, and in fact both of them are using the same hooks, hi hats, and squelcher beats. They are like brother and sister, in the worst way possible.

This could be the point where I tell you you're horrible, and that you don't deserve to be on the audio portal. That's not quite the case. Pull your submissions and work harder on finding a better sound. Your tracks feel like you're blindly trying to hit on something that works, and it's just not there yet.

You show potential, but I personally recommend that you pull, and come back with some stronger stuff. I'm not banning you, but I'm not approving you either.

Feel free to message me when you've got something you want me to listen to that's new.

Need a hot dicking?
JonasATnewgrounds.com
I do voices.

Jonas
Jonas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-17 13:06:40

At 5/17/09 12:43 PM, ChuckDude131 wrote: I have been waiting 2 months and I still never got it.

You are not on the pending list currently, and as I don't see audio submissions in your profile, you've likely been banned. Submitting new tracks is the only way to find out if you are.

Need a hot dicking?
JonasATnewgrounds.com
I do voices.

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-18 15:51:29

I see so many idiots posting threads about approval.

Here is a damn near simple way to get your audio approved within minutes

1) go to this

2) Click under "site administration", the MODS link

3) open the pages of several mods, and go to send them all pm's

4) create a polite, intelligent generic pm mentioning how you were going to post a thread in the forums about when your submission was going to be approved, then say you were aghast at the number of threads already made on the topic! you read the sticky and decided to contact you(the mod) instead of polluting the audio forum with more useless thread that you(the moderator) would have to clean up

5) send it to a bunch of mods

6)

7) profit

Kjuheed
Kjuheed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-21 03:08:17

Hey guys, I´d like to know if there are any complications with my first uploads to the AP.
I´m new tho the community and uploaded the loop more than a week ago and a second
one some days later. I know that you have much to do with approving audio files.
So I don´t want to push you. Just asking if there are any problems.

Thanks guys.

BBS Signature
kristofori
kristofori
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-26 19:32:23

Dear Mods,

So I'm curious; I understand you have to moderate submissions from new users, but how do you determine whether or not something is original?

I find myself sharing similar concerns others have expressed that if a submissions sounds professionally done that it may have a harder time submitted than something that sounds amateur since it is more possible that it was stolen/sampled from another piece of work. It has been almost a week since I joined and submitted audio to be posted and it still hasn't been approved.

So, as I said, I'm curious: Do you just go through a bunch of music from that style that was submitted and if you hear the song somewhere in there you know its fake? Do you have your own forum to discuss submitted audio from new users where you debate its authenticity?

Also, I'm curious about the statistics of how many new members and audio submissions of audio you get every day.

Please, take all the time you need I am in no rush, most of my music I will submit will be for other projects I do professionally for commercials and advertisements, but the main reason I joined newgrounds was to help a friend who is a pretty popular flash animator on this website with a project he and some other collaborators are working on. I am just curious how heavy the traffic was for new audio submissions and what is involved for moderating them.

Much thanks.

Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-05-27 02:07:03

At 5/26/09 07:32 PM, kristofori wrote: Dear Mods,

So I'm curious; I understand you have to moderate submissions from new users, but how do you determine whether or not something is original?

There are many factors that can determine originality. The big ones are: Not using premade composed loops to construct "your" song, ripping pre made (by someone else)midis and calling it a "cover", not uploading your favorite eminem song, and the list goes on.....

I find myself sharing similar concerns others have expressed that if a submissions sounds professionally done that it may have a harder time submitted than something that sounds amateur since it is more possible that it was stolen/sampled from another piece of work. It has been almost a week since I joined and submitted audio to be posted and it still hasn't been approved.

We definitely do more research on the more professional sounding ones. That does take more time. The volume of users submitting is high. Most times the list sits over 100 users. Some that submit up to 5 songs or more over the course of waiting. The mods have to listen to each song, beginning to end, to make sure there are no "loops", "samples", "copyrighted" material etc.. in the song.

So, as I said, I'm curious: Do you just go through a bunch of music from that style that was submitted and if you hear the song somewhere in there you know its fake? Do you have your own forum to discuss submitted audio from new users where you debate its authenticity?

This information is classified.

No...I kid. When a song is "questionable", it is definitely discussed with other mod's, and is relentlessly compared to as much software loops/ song making/ myspace bands/youtube/ midi rippers/copyrighted songs as in our collective knowledge.

Also, I'm curious about the statistics of how many new members and audio submissions of audio you get every day.

A lot. I think I mentioned above. Please also remember, we are not paid for this job, and it is done on top of our regular user stuff, real life, kids, work, martial arts, yard maintenance, fucking fixing a crappy old house all the time....(whoops went to far there) and our own music hobby...we do make an effort, as we are proud to do it. But it can be a slow process for any of the above stated reasons.

Please, take all the time you need I am in no rush, most of my music I will submit will be for other projects I do professionally for commercials and advertisements, but the main reason I joined newgrounds was to help a friend who is a pretty popular flash animator on this website with a project he and some other collaborators are working on. I am just curious how heavy the traffic was for new audio submissions and what is involved for moderating them.

Much thanks.

Welcome to Newgrounds. You are approved.

BBS Signature