Be a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

  • 102,193 Views
  • 1,277 Replies
New Topic
Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-12 18:38:39

At 1 day ago, villevn wrote: Would appreciate if someone would approve this : )

Approved.

At 3 days ago, AytonHunter wrote: just submitted a new track, and its not in the new submissionz so guess not! xD

Approved.

At 46 minutes ago, Kmist wrote: Guys please :C

Approved.

AytonHunter
AytonHunter
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-12 19:24:46

At 48 minutes ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 1 hour ago, AytonHunter wrote:
At 5 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 1 hour ago, a21 wrote:
At 20 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
No loops, what I meant was I wasn't using any plugins or added sounds to Garageband
Approved.
I use vst plugins, but create custom loops using some presets.. is that a problem when approving artists?
If you're making your own loops, it's fine. But most loop-based sample packs (and the loops that come with programs like FL Studio and Garageband) are often licensed to the user in such a way that the user cannot use them commercially: since NewGrounds receives ad revenue (including through ads displayed next to your submission), the suits and their lawyers will see it as commercial.

Ahhh right! Well I use FL Studio but I dont used any sampled loops x3 All created with VSTs! Thanks for clearing that up! Could I maybe get an approval? I've been waiting for a week or so, and wouldn't mind the critism xD


...wut ?

AytonHunter
AytonHunter
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-12 19:27:33

Sorry to double post but just noticed you already approved me! Nevermind the question for approval xD Thanks!


...wut ?

CoastGuards
CoastGuards
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-13 08:10:17

Alright,

So the coastguards are having a hard time on newgrounds, first our acount got deleted and now i uploaded two songs, they have already been approved cause i can listen to them and see them on my profile. But ! They are nowere in the audio list, like nobody can even vote on them cause they cant not be found ... what to do ?

Greetz CoastGuards (Wouter/SoundStream)

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-13 08:20:47

At 3 minutes ago, CoastGuards wrote: now i uploaded two songs, they have already been approved cause i can listen to them and see them on my profile. But ! They are nowere in the audio list, like nobody can even vote on them cause they cant not be found ... what to do ?

Approved.

For future reference for all new members: your audio is accessible through your user page or if someone has the URL, but it won't actually show up in the Audio Portal until you've been approved. It's a bit odd, I know, but the Audio Portal will be moving toward a system where users can 'scout' each other (just like the Art Portal).

BDPooMan
BDPooMan
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-13 10:33:28

At 2 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, CoastGuards wrote: now i uploaded two songs, they have already been approved cause i can listen to them and see them on my profile. But ! They are nowere in the audio list, like nobody can even vote on them cause they cant not be found ... what to do ?
Approved.

For future reference for all new members: your audio is accessible through your user page or if someone has the URL, but it won't actually show up in the Audio Portal until you've been approved. It's a bit odd, I know, but the Audio Portal will be moving toward a system where users can 'scout' each other (just like the Art Portal).

That sounds super awesome.
I also would like to say I've been searching for my tracks daily and still haven't seen them.
I uploaded the first ones probably two weeks ago.

composMentis
composMentis
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-14 11:12:44

Been waiting for approval for about a week. I had been able to update my submissions before, but now every time I try to upload a newer version of my song it doesn't update.

I've been reading that using the programs loops is usually bad. I use mixcraft and everything is original in my songs except the drum loops. Which I think I've altered them enough to not be considered the same loop. But idk. Advice?

composMentis
composMentis
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-14 14:25:24

I use vst plugins, but create custom loops using some presets.. is that a problem when approving artists?
If you're making your own loops, it's fine. But most loop-based sample packs (and the loops that come with programs like FL Studio and Garageband) are often licensed to the user in such a way that the user cannot use them commercially: since NewGrounds receives ad revenue (including through ads displayed next to your submission), the suits and their lawyers will see it as commercial.

Is this also true with mixcraft? If I remove the drum loops from my song will my approval be more likely?

krssvr
krssvr
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-14 14:34:26

At 3 minutes ago, composMentis wrote:
I use vst plugins, but create custom loops using some presets.. is that a problem when approving artists?
If you're making your own loops, it's fine. But most loop-based sample packs (and the loops that come with programs like FL Studio and Garageband) are often licensed to the user in such a way that the user cannot use them commercially: since NewGrounds receives ad revenue (including through ads displayed next to your submission), the suits and their lawyers will see it as commercial.
Is this also true with mixcraft? If I remove the drum loops from my song will my approval be more likely?

I'm sure that it applies to mixcraft as well if your submission has not been reviewed yet there would be a chance, however the option for removing songs has been temporarily lost due to the changes from the redesign. You may end up being banned from submitting to the audio portal, if that happens you are going to have to create a new account to be able to submit again because audio bans are in most cases irreversible.


"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
composMentis
composMentis
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-14 14:47:35

At 3 minutes ago, krssvr wrote: I'm sure that it applies to mixcraft as well if your submission has not been reviewed yet there would be a chance, however the option for removing songs has been temporarily lost due to the changes from the redesign. You may end up being banned from submitting to the audio portal, if that happens you are going to have to create a new account to be able to submit again because audio bans are in most cases irreversible.

ah, darn. Thanks for the info. I hope I don't get banned. I'm gonna go remove the drum loops and try to start a new audio project. Then while I wait with anxt, I'll attempt to make my own drum loops.

krssvr
krssvr
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-14 14:51:44

At 1 minute ago, composMentis wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, krssvr wrote: I'm sure that it applies to mixcraft as well if your submission has not been reviewed yet there would be a chance, however the option for removing songs has been temporarily lost due to the changes from the redesign. You may end up being banned from submitting to the audio portal, if that happens you are going to have to create a new account to be able to submit again because audio bans are in most cases irreversible.
ah, darn. Thanks for the info. I hope I don't get banned. I'm gonna go remove the drum loops and try to start a new audio project. Then while I wait with anxt, I'll attempt to make my own drum loops.

not sure how mixcraft works with samples but if you search online you can find a lot of good sample packs, that include single sounds of different claps, kicks and snares etc.


"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
hazydreamz
hazydreamz
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-17 08:12:34

Hi, its been over a week, I was wondering if I could get approved

http://hazydreamz.newgrounds.com

thanks

Hessmix
Hessmix
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-18 01:25:28

I'm kinda stumped. I submitted 1 loop for which I used Reason which did contain some usage of Octo Rex in it but I had a hand made beat in there as well.

Shoot me if I'm stupid but fair use?

Hessmix
Hessmix
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-18 01:26:56

At A few seconds ago, Hessmix wrote: I'm kinda stumped. I submitted 1 loop for which I used Reason which did contain some usage of Octo Rex in it but I had a hand made beat in there as well.

Shoot me if I'm stupid but fair use?

shitty no editing..

I got banned fyi

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-18 01:38:59

At 3 days ago, composMentis wrote: ah, darn. Thanks for the info. I hope I don't get banned. I'm gonna go remove the drum loops and try to start a new audio project. Then while I wait with anxt, I'll attempt to make my own drum loops.

The drums are very generic in your songs, so I'm letting it slide for now, but do please try to steer clear of loops in the future.
This of course means I've approved you. Welcome to the portal.

At 17 hours ago, hazydreamz wrote: Hi, its been over a week, I was wondering if I could get approved

y u submit so many song? Makes our job that much more difficult when we have to look through them all.
I've approved you... Although I will request you spend a little more time and effort on your submissions from here on out. They weren't ban worthy, but a couple of the songs you submitted sounded like you just sat down, played a short little diddy and uploaded it without any second thought.

At 10 minutes ago, Hessmix wrote: Shoot me if I'm stupid but fair use?

Fair use doesn't fly on Newgrounds, a lot of people have been trying to use that to dodge the rules lately. We allow no copyrighted material whatsoever, you can cry fair use all you want... the stuff is still copyrighted.

You'll have to create a new account if you wish to try submitting again, please be sure to read and understand the rules beforehand.
If there is something you are unsure about, please feel free to PM an audio mod for clarification.


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Hessmix
Hessmix
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-18 04:11:02

You used stock loops/samples in an unoriginal arrangement.
Put some effort into it. Nobody likes to listen to the same overused sample over and over again.

So reading over the Audio submission stuff again I assume that is what I did. I guess my own personal additions weren't enough to "overpower" the sample apparently.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-18 14:35:29

I'm just going to state this again.

There is a blanket ban on useage of the following programs to create content for the audio portal:

Magix Music Maker (Incompatible licensing, and duplo-loops)
Mixcraft (Duplo-loops)
Jamstudio (Duplo-loops)
Audiotool (Duplo-loops)
eJay series ( Duplo-loops)
Agnevish plug-ins (Duplo-loops)
Vengeance soundpacks (Duplo-loops)
Evil-Dog's Punk-O-Matic flash (Duplo-loops)

GarageBand is also considered a duplo-loops program, but if you use it only as a DAW and don't use the pre-made sounds, you're fine.

It helps your approval time if you list what programs and what plug-ins you used for your song.

Wurfel-Waffles
Wurfel-Waffles
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-18 18:48:37

Hi, may you approve my submission?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/471777

Thank you.

Bernd Wurfel


MWHAHA!!! VODKA!
NAC Hall of Fame

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-18 18:52:20

At 2 minutes ago, Wurfel-Waffles wrote: Hi, may you approve my submission?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/471777

Thank you.

Bernd Wurfel

Approved. Welcome to the Audio Portal.

GhostFoxRebellion
GhostFoxRebellion
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-19 13:07:48

I submitted my first song 10 days ago and I was wondering if I could get approved?

  • GFR - Canyon (WIP)
    GFR - Canyon (WIP) by GhostFoxRebellion

    My first submission to Newgrounds.

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Hip Hop - Modern
    Popularity
    10 Views

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-19 14:40:13

At 1 hour ago, GhostFoxRebellion wrote: I submitted my first song 10 days ago and I was wondering if I could get approved?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470139

Approved.

CidiousClef
CidiousClef
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-19 15:06:28

Hello. An average, how long does it take to be approved nowadays?


BBS Signature
Kmist
Kmist
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-20 13:10:40

Please approve mine, thanks (:

  • Welcome Bad (W.I.P.)
    Welcome Bad (W.I.P.) by Kmist

    My latest Work In progress

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Dubstep
    Popularity
    1 Views

CidiousClef
CidiousClef
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-20 13:51:22

At 6 hours ago, Travis wrote:
At 16 hours ago, CidiousClef wrote: Hello. An average, how long does it take to be approved nowadays?
Depends on how quickly a mod gets to you and depends on how many people there are to put through the process.

And you are now approved.

Ah, thanks. I only asked because a buddy of mine had to wait quite a while to get approved, and I was worried the same might've happened to me.


BBS Signature
SoundsLegit
SoundsLegit
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-22 04:32:58

Could i get approved?

  • High Grinder
    High Grinder by SoundsLegit

    It's an 8-bit track

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity
    25 Views

For some reason people already listened to/downloaded it a couple of times already.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-22 08:53:48

At 1 day ago, Kmist wrote: Please approve mine, thanks (:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/472280

You've already been approved.

At 4 hours ago, SoundsLegit wrote: Could i get approved?

No...
Just kidding, of course you can. You've been approved.

Sacrosanct
Sacrosanct
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-22 12:23:38

Wonderin if i could get a stamp aswell.

  • Song 2 of 8
    Song 2 of 8 by Sacrosanct

    First upload

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity
    13 Views

At 3 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:

At 1 day ago, Kmist wrote: Please approve mine, thanks (:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/472280
You've already been approved.

At 4 hours ago, SoundsLegit wrote: Could i get approved?
No...
Just kidding, of course you can. You've been approved.
SoundsLegit
SoundsLegit
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-22 12:57:04

Thanks!

l-MaNTiS-l
l-MaNTiS-l
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-23 09:33:57

hello there may i get an approval?
Thankyou!!

  • Invincible
    Invincible by l-MaNTiS-l

    Read Description Before Commenting Please!!!

    Score
    3.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity
    7 Views

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2012-02-23 15:09:16

At 5 hours ago, l-MaNTiS-l wrote: hello there may i get an approval?
Thankyou!!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/472517

You do know that your music is immediately visible after submission now right? Anyways, you've been approved.