• 1,277 Replies
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 08:51 PM

At 2/2/12 08:07 PM, TheOfficialKEEF wrote: It's been almost three days, and I submitted two songs which have yet to be approved. My two tracks were "Anacrusis" and "Casualties".

Checked out your submissions. You're approved.

Welcome to the Audio Portal.

xSoundstreamx
xSoundstreamx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:30 AM

At 2/2/12 01:56 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 2/2/12 11:55 AM, xSoundstreamx wrote: Hey people !

So yesterday i made a page for my new band The CoastGuards, uploaded a song and posted some info on the page. Today i tried to login and it said cant find the user. So i would like to know what has happened, is it not allowed to make a band page ?

Greeting,
Soundstream
Are you sure that's the right username? According to the mod panel, TheCoastGuards, CoastGuards, and The CoastGuards are all nonexistent usernames.

Yeah i know, im sure its CoastGuards but the next day it just dissapeared, pretty weird right ?
So i gues il just make a new one then ..... Im positive it was not a dream :P

Grt Soundstream

xSoundstreamx
xSoundstreamx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 07:34 AM

At 2/3/12 07:30 AM, xSoundstreamx wrote:
At 2/2/12 01:56 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 2/2/12 11:55 AM, xSoundstreamx wrote: Hey people !

So yesterday i made a page for my new band The CoastGuards, uploaded a song and posted some info on the page. Today i tried to login and it said cant find the user. So i would like to know what has happened, is it not allowed to make a band page ?

Greeting,
Soundstream
Are you sure that's the right username? According to the mod panel, TheCoastGuards, CoastGuards, and The CoastGuards are all nonexistent usernames.
Yeah i know, im sure its CoastGuards but the next day it just dissapeared, pretty weird right ?
So i gues il just make a new one then ..... Im positive it was not a dream :P

Grt Soundstream

Alright this sucks, im trying to make a new acount, and it now says the mail is already in use by another user, what now ? Coastguardians@gmail.com
I even have the validation mail that says username : CoastGuards.

Grt Soundstream

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 08:31 AM

At 2/3/12 07:34 AM, xSoundstreamx wrote: Alright this sucks, im trying to make a new acount, and it now says the mail is already in use by another user, what now ? Coastguardians@gmail.com
I even have the validation mail that says username : CoastGuards.

Grt Soundstream

Odd indeed... I would have suggested you could have made a typo... but if the validation email says "CoastGuards" specifically, I don't know what to say. Generally the only time accounts ever get deleted is when the person behind the account has caused undue stress to the community or staff members or is an alt created for the sole purpose of trolling or spamming.

Judging by your demeanor here, I highly doubt the above is the case... So that really only leaves me to assume something bugged out when you created your account. Maybe shoot Tom a PM asking about it...
Although I wouldn't get your hopes up for a prompt reply, with the redesign 3 days away, he's a real busy dude. And his inbox is practically full even when it's slow.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
JaconWes
JaconWes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 01:43 PM

Afternoon,
I've been waiting eagerly for almost two weeks for my voice-demo to make it through the grinder, still no response. Could I get the status on it, please?

TheOfficialKEEF
TheOfficialKEEF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:11 PM

At 2/2/12 08:38 PM, RampantMusik wrote: Oh noez! Not three days! You usually have to wait longer than that for express ground shipping via FedEx.

I'll check your file, but you could do with learning a little patience. It can take anywhere up to a few weeks to get approved because of the number of submissions we have to go through.

I wasn't rude with you, so I feel like you're projecting some unnecessary negativity. I've waited for approval on the audio portal before on other accounts, and it never took that long. I was just making a simple request, and clearly it wasn't much of a hassle. Thanks for approving my songs, for real though.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:28 PM

At 2/3/12 01:43 PM, JaconWes wrote: Afternoon,
I've been waiting eagerly for almost two weeks for my voice-demo to make it through the grinder, still no response. Could I get the status on it, please?

Approved.

xSoundstreamx
xSoundstreamx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:35 PM

Judging by your demeanor here, I highly doubt the above is the case... So that really only leaves me to assume something bugged out when you created your account. Maybe shoot Tom a PM asking about it...
Although I wouldn't get your hopes up for a prompt reply, with the redesign 3 days away, he's a real busy dude. And his inbox is practically full even when it's slow.

Alright, thing is we cant really change our email for only this site, sucks. But il try giving tom a pm.
Thanks for the help duder !

Rmartin1890
Rmartin1890
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 09:16 PM

Hi, I'm newer to posting on the site, I've been a fan of newgrounds for years and I recently wanted to start posting my music, and I have uploaded a couple tracks already. I was just curious when I can expect them to be approved.

Sincerely,
Ryan :D

ReeseHollandGames
ReeseHollandGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 06:25 AM

Hello!

I submitted my first audio loop "Whacktivism" on January 25th. It has been a couple weeks since I submitted it, and so I'd like to request for it to be reviewed for approval.

Thanks!

Indie game developer. Game designer, programmer (AS3 / Stencylworks), artist, composer, SFX designer, producer, build tester, and much more!
Reese Holland Games - Versus Co-op

billingsupport
billingsupport
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:30 PM

I am a little confused as to whether I've been approved already or not. I resubmitted a reworked version of a song on this account after being banned on billing-support due to a copyrighted sample.
Today I saw that the song suddenly appeared on my profile (on this account) where it had not appeared before, so I assumed it got through and I was approved. I went on to submit another song I'd been working on in the meantime, however it still hasn't shown up in the newest submissions list after half a day, neither do both songs show up in the search.

Also, for some reason the song that got me banned on billing-support has suddenly shown up and also got a few listens, however it's also not showing up in the search. Also I can't edit the description or do anything with it because it keeps telling me I've been banned from publishing audio.

So pretty much I have no idea whether I'm approved and why the song is showing up on my other account even though it's been banned.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 05:39 PM

At 3 days ago, Rmartin1890 wrote: Sincerely,
Ryan :D

Appears you've already been approved.

At 11 hours ago, ReeseHollandGames wrote: Thanks!

Approved.

At 3 hours ago, billingsupport wrote: So pretty much I have no idea whether I'm approved and why the song is showing up on my other account even though it's been banned.

There has been a major change to how the approval system works (And more changes coming), now, the second you submit a track, it will show up on your profile regardless of your approval status, but it will not be in the actual Audio Portal, meaning you won't be able to find it in any genre you list it as, nor will it be searchable or in the New Submissions list.
This is to ease up the pressure on the audio mods, allowing us a bit more breathing room to deal with Audio Portal issues while new users can still show off their music while waiting to be approved to have their music put into the audio portal itself. Once you are approved, your songs will show up in their respective listings on the audio portal as well as show up in searches. If you are banned, it will never show up on the audio portal, but will remain on your profile and you will be unable to submit anything else nor edit the submissions that got you banned.

As for the songs you've submitted on this account, I just gave them a listen through while typing this out, and I've approved you, so your songs for this account should now show up in the Audio Portal itself.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
billingsupport
billingsupport
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 05:52 PM

Ah, thank you for clearing that up (and approving me this time around :)

AytonHunter
AytonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 07:50 PM

I guess I thought I was approved because my songs showed up on my page, but just submitted a new track, and its not in the new submissionz so guess not! xD
I think I've been waiting about a week, dont really know, but it doesn't matter I understand its a busy system! x3

...wut ?

ReeseHollandGames
ReeseHollandGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM

Appears you've already been approved.

At 11 hours ago, ReeseHollandGames wrote: Thanks!

Hi again. So I think I need to have some extra approval or something, or else the track got messed up in the system somehow. Even though I've done all the stuff I can to properly submit the track and make it live, it still is not appearing. Searching by name or tags, trying to find it in the lists for the past 2-3 weeks, doesn't allow me to find the track.

Maybe I'm missing something... but there isn't an audio FAQ that I can find with details for how to figure out this issue. This is why I didn't think it was approved, since it is still only relegated to the direct link.

Any suggestions for how to resolve this would be great!

Indie game developer. Game designer, programmer (AS3 / Stencylworks), artist, composer, SFX designer, producer, build tester, and much more!
Reese Holland Games - Versus Co-op

MrCongeniality
MrCongeniality
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:10 PM

• MQ6 - The Flow (Demo v2)
    MQ6 - The Flow (Demo v2) by MrCongeniality

MQ6 - The Flow (Demo v2)

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

I can provide anyone the needed documentation and material that this track is mine.

• MQ6 - The Flow (Demo v2)
    MQ6 - The Flow (Demo v2) by MrCongeniality

MQ6 - The Flow (Demo v2)

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Techno
    Popularity

Twitter / Tumblr / < - Mr. C (Since June 7th, 2001)

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM

At 3 hours ago, ReeseHollandGames wrote: Any suggestions for how to resolve this would be great!

I've approved you, so you should definitely be approved now.

Rmartin1890
Rmartin1890
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 07:28 PM

Thanks a ton!

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 07:45 PM

At 2 hours ago, MrCongeniality wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470137
I can provide anyone the needed documentation and material that this track is mine.

Approved.

a21
a21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 08:58 PM

Can someone approve me?

• See Saw
    See Saw by a21

See

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Garageband stock-

villevn
villevn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 12:39 PM

Would appreciate if someone would approve this : )

• Contra Jungle Guitar!
    Contra Jungle Guitar! by villevn

Contra Jungle with guitar and bass! Awesome tune :D

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

Also, there's a duplicate on my old account which I can't delete! : o If someone could delete this, I'd be happy.

• Contra: Jungle Guitar!
    Contra: Jungle Guitar! by Ville-N

Delete please

Score
    3.76 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM

At 16 hours ago, a21 wrote: Can someone approve me?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470453
Garageband stock-

Did you use any Apple loops / stock Garageband loops in your composition?

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 01:55 PM

At 1 hour ago, villevn wrote: Would appreciate if someone would approve this : )
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470583

Your submission states that the drum track is by another author on vgmusic.com. Please bear in mind that MIDI rips are not permitted on the audio portal. So, you'll either need to show us that you recreated the drums, or come up with an original drum line.

Skepsis0
Skepsis0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 04:19 PM

Hi. I submitted a track almost 3 weeks ago- waiting for it to be approved (which is completely fine- I know all you guys are very busy). But- one day I came and saw my song on my audio list, with like 5 views and 1 download, which led me to believe that it had been approved. So- I've added two more songs, which didn't show up, which made me even more confused.

SO- I was just wondering if I could get them approved somehow or if someone could just let me know how long that normally takes. Thanks!

-Skepsis

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

At 5 hours ago, Skepsis0 wrote: SO- I was just wondering if I could get them approved.

Approved.

villevn
villevn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 08:06 AM

At 18 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
Your submission states that the drum track is by another author on vgmusic.com. Please bear in mind that MIDI rips are not permitted on the audio portal. So, you'll either need to show us that you recreated the drums, or come up with an original drum line.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Although, I do use Guitar Pro for my drum tracks, so the end result will be midi anyway... x D

a21
a21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

At 20 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 16 hours ago, a21 wrote: Can someone approve me?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470453
Garageband stock-
Did you use any Apple loops / stock Garageband loops in your composition?

No loops, what I meant was I wasn't using any plugins or added sounds to Garageband

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

At 1 hour ago, a21 wrote:
No loops, what I meant was I wasn't using any plugins or added sounds to Garageband

Approved.

AytonHunter
AytonHunter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 05:21 PM

At 5 hours ago, RampantMusik wrote:
At 1 hour ago, a21 wrote:
Approved.

I use vst plugins, but create custom loops using some presets.. is that a problem when approving artists?

...wut ?

Kmist
Kmist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician