00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Crakie20 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

141,698 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 07:42:50

I once submitted a song, which after 2 months of "Awaiting Moderator approval" shoeed no sign of life. After that, I completely lost hope on the Newgrounds Audio Portal, as is pissed me off by making me wait anxiously and not giving a reason of any kind on why I was waiting.

I just now gave Newgrounds another chance, only to find out I was banned from submitting to the Audio Portal. I would seriously like to know why this took place, as I have at no point broken the Submission Agreement, nor have I broken any other contracts I know of.

I'm sure it's just a human error, but it's seriously pissing me off, once again.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 09:33:11

I am currently wondering if the process becomes longer if you submit two songs, one after the other?

or doesn't it matter?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 09:41:54

At 1/31/10 07:42 AM, Nic-zul wrote: I once submitted a song, which after 2 months of "Awaiting Moderator approval" shoeed no sign of life. After that, I completely lost hope on the Newgrounds Audio Portal, as is pissed me off by making me wait anxiously and not giving a reason of any kind on why I was waiting.

I just now gave Newgrounds another chance, only to find out I was banned from submitting to the Audio Portal. I would seriously like to know why this took place, as I have at no point broken the Submission Agreement, nor have I broken any other contracts I know of.

I'm sure it's just a human error, but it's seriously pissing me off, once again.

You will likely have to supply details as in the name of the song you were uploading (you were sent an e-mail stating this upon submitting), perhaps the date could help as well.

I also hear that if you were banned, and if you truthfully know that your work is your own work and that it really does belong on Newgrounds and that it was a human error, that you should create another account and reupload your music.

Hehe, I just felt like taking the trip back in here again. ^^ I just felt like asking a question for the conversation's sake. I submitted another project to check if I was banned (for now have been waiting for 13-14 days), seems like it is going smoothly so far though. One thing I was wondering about, when banned, will you be prevented from accessing the Audio Submission form, or do you have to try actually uploading a song and submit it in order to know?

Another trivial question that is related to my own situation is the following. I have so far submitted three projects of mine. Do all of these have to be approved, or will the rest of the submitted projects show up once the first one has passed the moderators' approval process?

No haste, no haste. Me just wondering. ^^

I am really glad that I uploaded my Pokémon remake before anything else, as I am now slightly unsure whether you see it as crossing the line or not (although most of the Pokémon remake/"remix" submissions I have seen here so far seem not all that much more "original" than mine), as I have many projects whereas I made the melody composition and absolutely everything 100 %, though me not wanting to cause trouble for the audio moderators by being approved (own composition) and then posting something which they slightly feel should be altered to have it stay (remake) to sound less like the original tune.

Alrighty then. Keep up the good work! ^^

Heya! Do you wonder what it sounds like to be on a wild sugar rush? Click here if you dare! =3

Go to the Review Request Club for amazing reviews of your work!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 17:29:31

At 1/31/10 07:42 AM, Nic-zul wrote: I'm sure it's just a human error, but it's seriously pissing me off, once again.

If you waited two months, you were probably banned after 2 weeks. If you don't see anything after 2 weeks, you were more than likely banned.
There is, as of now, NO WAY to be unbanned. Best advice is to create a new account and DO NOT upload illegal material.

At 1/31/10 09:33 AM, Shoephly wrote: or doesn't it matter?

No it doesn't matter.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 18:09:49

At 1/31/10 05:29 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 1/31/10 07:42 AM, Nic-zul wrote: I'm sure it's just a human error, but it's seriously pissing me off, once again.
If you waited two months, you were probably banned after 2 weeks. If you don't see anything after 2 weeks, you were more than likely banned.
There is, as of now, NO WAY to be unbanned. Best advice is to create a new account and DO NOT upload illegal material.

At 1/31/10 09:33 AM, Shoephly wrote: or doesn't it matter?
No it doesn't matter.

I have waited exactly two weeks, but I submitted another project of mine yesterday and apparently I was not banned yet so. =p

Heya! Do you wonder what it sounds like to be on a wild sugar rush? Click here if you dare! =3

Go to the Review Request Club for amazing reviews of your work!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 18:15:25

Reposted from another random thread:

---
My whole problem with the approval process is that during the actual uploading there is NO indication that it could be a lengthy process. In fact, on the upload screen, it specifically says "If this is your first time contributing to the Audio Portal, you will have to be approved before your submissions are made available publicly (it's a quick process) ."

Simply removing that line, and adding a little disclaimer ("May take up to 2 weeks") and maybe even a link to that Awaiting Approval thread would stem a LOT of these kind of complaints.
---

Aside from that, question: are using voice samples prohibited? I don't mean a cappella versions of commercial songs or Girl Talk-style mashups, I mean fleeting short clips taken from non-music sources.

For example, in an ambient piece would several voice samples from from say an interview or news broadcast be prohibited? Or for that matter, songs/movie audio clips etc. that are explicitly, legally public domain?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 18:22:47

At 1/31/10 06:09 PM, Radidsh wrote: I have waited exactly two weeks, but I submitted another project of mine yesterday and apparently I was not banned yet so. =p

Ok well, wait a little longer. It doesn't mean you've been banned. It also doesn't mean you've been approved yet. The list takes a LONG time to go through, so please be patient with us.

At 1/31/10 06:15 PM, vaginaDeluxe wrote:
Simply removing that line, and adding a little disclaimer ("May take up to 2 weeks") and maybe even a link to that Awaiting Approval thread would stem a LOT of these kind of complaints.

True, good idea...I think there's a thread with "audio portal evolution" or something along those lines. I'm too pressed for time to search for it, I'm sorry if there isn't one.

that are explicitly, legally public domain?

depends. If you took these from lets say a torrent site, possibly. But with vocal shots or VOX, it's hard to tell. I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you haven't taken an acapella from a popular song and have done something with that.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-31 22:04:22

I'm new to this, and I know I uploaded legit music, so I'm still waiting patiently, but I'm curious as to if you even got to me yet, since I uploaded about 2/3 weeks ago, but yet I uploaded another one recently and it says I still have to wait. I know you have a long list, but is there a way to PM or something to find out the process of how long it would take for one of the audio mods to get to you?

Thanks

~Karosu

No matter what happens to you, life moves on, so forget the rest, and head for the best.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-01 12:14:03

At 1/31/10 09:03 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: if something gets rejected do you get notified?

Unfortunately, no you don't. If you submit a song after about 3 weeks, you'll get a message saying you've been banned.

At 1/31/10 10:04 PM, dJ-Taco wrote: but is there a way to PM or something to find out the process of how long it would take for one of the audio mods to get to you?

We process everything in the order it was received.
As of right now, there are about 400+ people waiting...It takes a VERY VERY long time to go through the list, so PLEASE be patient.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-02 09:12:10

So, for piece of mind; how many submissions do you get through, at avarage, per day?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-02 09:19:19

At 2/2/10 09:12 AM, Shoephly wrote: So, for piece of mind; how many submissions do you get through, at avarage, per day?

There are a bunch of audio mods, all of whom have lives. It depends on how busy we are, how many we feel like doing, etc. There isn't a set amount. For example, some days I'll process 10 submissions, others 100.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-02 09:48:27

At 2/2/10 09:19 AM, TMM43 wrote:
At 2/2/10 09:12 AM, Shoephly wrote: So, for piece of mind; how many submissions do you get through, at avarage, per day?
There are a bunch of audio mods, all of whom have lives. It depends on how busy we are, how many we feel like doing, etc. There isn't a set amount. For example, some days I'll process 10 submissions, others 100.

Don't get me wrong, I was marely asking for an avarage figure. Obviously i do realize that this takes time and that you do have lives, wasn't asuming anything different, though what i did ask was for an avarage figure, from personal experience.

just for my personal piece of mind was just curious how fast the que goes; at avarage. :p

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-02 12:17:52

At 2/2/10 09:48 AM, Shoephly wrote: at avarage.

Idk. I, personally, can't put an average on that. Mostly because I don't count how many I do every time I process songs...

My absolute BEST GUESS would be somewhere between 10-20 a day? Then again, I could be way off.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-02 12:52:14

At 2/2/10 12:17 PM, TMM43 wrote: Then again, I could be way off.

Thanks man, actually was all i was looking for. Just wanted to get an idea of how fast it goes instead of the standard info of (this process is fairly fast) :D

Keep up the good work and i'll try not to bother you anymore :D

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-03 02:11:22

At 2/2/10 12:17 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 2/2/10 09:48 AM, Shoephly wrote: at avarage.
Idk. I, personally, can't put an average on that. Mostly because I don't count how many I do every time I process songs...

My absolute BEST GUESS would be somewhere between 10-20 a day? Then again, I could be way off.

That is good information, cause I was starting to get paranoid. XD It's onlny been maybe 3 days now though. You guys are doing a great job with what you've got, good luck to you. =)

..::Laters Song - Abandoned Auditorium::..

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-04 12:19:35

Yet again I'm curious of something; it says that we ought to PM a mod after two weeks asking "what's going on" if not approved within that time. Just want some clarifications on that. Does it mean that the mod will look through your music skiping the line, or does it litterally mean that the mod's just gonna answer "what's going on" like "the list is long, takes time.. etc"?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-04 15:25:44

At 2/4/10 12:19 PM, Shoephly wrote: does it litterally mean that the mod's just gonna answer "what's going on" like "the list is long, takes time.. etc"?

Like that probably. Maybe with a little criticism attached too.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-04 16:15:09

How do you know if someone is an audio moderator? Do they have some sort of tags??

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-04 17:11:59

At 2/4/10 04:15 PM, OH35 wrote: How do you know if someone is an audio moderator? Do they have some sort of tags??

http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq/

theres a list

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-04 17:18:57

At 2/4/10 12:19 PM, Shoephly wrote: "the list is long, takes time.. etc"?

Exactly. We aren't going skip ahead and approve people because we'd get 1000s of PMs asking which in self would be like processing submissions they way we are already.

At 2/4/10 04:15 PM, OH35 wrote: How do you know if someone is an audio moderator? Do they have some sort of tags??

Take a look at this guide

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-04 22:03:32

At 2/4/10 09:43 PM, ChemIisan wrote: give or take an extra 3 days.

OR MORE!

Many of use mods have been pretty busy these past few weeks...
I'm going to try to knock down at least 200 submissions this weekend. So keep an eye out!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 02:07:16

At 2/4/10 10:03 PM, TMM43 wrote: I'm going to try to knock down at least 200 submissions this weekend. So keep an eye out!

Sweetness. Why don't you guys promote/request promote Loans and Mich? They know their stuff enough for audio approval. Actually there's probably a grip of people that would be up for this task, however from my experience so far they seem to be the most active forumwise/helpfulwise.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 04:31:24

At 2/4/10 10:03 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 2/4/10 09:43 PM, ChemIisan wrote: give or take an extra 3 days.
OR MORE!

Many of use mods have been pretty busy these past few weeks...
I'm going to try to knock down at least 200 submissions this weekend. So keep an eye out!

That's some hardcore dedication, and it is truly appreciated. ^^

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 04:34:49

At 2/4/10 03:25 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
At 2/4/10 12:19 PM, Shoephly wrote: does it litterally mean that the mod's just gonna answer "what's going on" like "the list is long, takes time.. etc"?
Like that probably. Maybe with a little criticism attached too.

Maybe a slight hint of critisism, though only due to my impationism (yes i make up words :P)
but i was mostly just confused and now i got the question answered and now i feel content :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 08:51:40

i had submitted an audio file and the way the page was worded it made it seem like it would be up that day. im glad i checked the forums before i started complaining! i had no idea there were hundreds waiting to be checked... er... processed... lol. intense. good thing yall look at everything, else there would be some serious spam of crappy audio files.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 13:45:46

At 2/5/10 08:51 AM, ancient561 wrote: i had submitted an audio file and the way the page was worded it made it seem like it would be up that day. im glad i checked the forums before i started complaining! i had no idea there were hundreds waiting to be checked... er... processed... lol. intense. good thing yall look at everything, else there would be some serious spam of crappy audio files.

Lol I don't think the screening process is helping that.

BTW, I uploaded Tails (Fuck you Sonic) last night..

Still waitin'. I know it's good, and I know you mods probably don't think a newgrounds member made it.. but rest assured I only created a newgrounds account to upload it.

<3 Pokeyminch

www.myspace.com/mikegproduction

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 14:03:46

I have sent my submission in a week ago, I think, and I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation.
I was just wondering if I got banned.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 16:33:43

At 2/5/10 02:03 PM, PPerson wrote: I was just wondering if I got banned.

READ THE THE LAST TWO PAGES OF THE THREAD.

We're busy as shit right now so the process is gonna take some time...
We will get to you.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-05 16:35:56

At 2/5/10 02:03 PM, PPerson wrote: I have sent my submission in a week ago, I think, and I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation.
I was just wondering if I got banned.

Mods are backed up right now with hundreds of submission, chill out cuz it could take up to a month. There are plenty of other websites you can submit to in the meantime:

-Myspace.com
-Facebook.com
-Twitter.com
-Soundclick.com
-TheSixtyOne.com
-Rithum.com
-Youtube.com
-Last.fm
-ReverbNation.com
-SoundCloud.com
-Playlist.com
-bandcamp.com