00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Can't find a good Sax? Come here!

1,798 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-01-30 18:46:54

Ok, NG, i'm opening myself for usage. I'm a very good saxophonist, and I thought it would be a nice idea to let people use me for their music, as 95% of saxes generated by music programs out there are crap. I can play any style of music, at any difficulty level. Just PM if needed!
Hoping to be of use,
Radioactiverhino

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-01-30 19:22:57

Lemme ask you what kind of sax you own and how you record it. Please, I must know because if I do enlist you for future pieces, I wouldn't need any alto parts covered.

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-01-30 19:32:39

Can we have a few C samples, in any octave you can play? Thanks!

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-01-30 19:45:04

At 1/30/08 07:22 PM, CyriltheWolf wrote: Lemme ask you what kind of sax you own and how you record it. Please, I must know because if I do enlist you for future pieces, I wouldn't need any alto parts covered.

I have a pro-model hand crafted alto. But trust me, the human is always better than any sax you can get out there. Sounds that take you forever to produce can be made instantly :D
As for how i record it, I use a microphone? :P

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-03 03:30:59

I might need a saxophone in one of my upcoming songs...I'll let you know.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-03 04:10:50

At 2/3/08 03:30 AM, Rig wrote: I might need a saxophone in one of my upcoming songs...I'll let you know.

oh god....

So many thoughts running threw my head of what devious compositions you'll come up with.

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-03 16:08:46

At 1/30/08 07:45 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote:
I have a pro-model hand crafted alto. But trust me, the human is always better than any sax you can get out there. Sounds that take you forever to produce can be made instantly :D
As for how i record it, I use a microphone? :P

I'm sorry, let me be more clear because I didn't state what I meant. I play saxphone as well, and I have a Selmer Series II Super Action Alto Saxophone.

The reason I asked you what you recorded it with was because if you had a better mic than the one I own (which is probable but not necessarily true) I would definately delegate my alto parts to you. However, since you don't own any other saxes other than an Alto I can't very well ask you to say cover a tenor part for me.

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-03 16:09:59

At 2/3/08 01:05 PM, Daddy-L-Jackson wrote: Did anyone else think this said, "Can't find good sex? Come here?"

*raises hand
i was like, wtf?

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-03 16:59:03

i play tenor, we should do a collab

Need a jazz or rock or roll Tenor sax recording? Try me :D

made by muffdiver102

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-04 01:45:31

THE TWO OF YOU. LOBSTERMAN AND RADIOACTIVERHINO.

GO HERE. NAO.

I HAFF SHEET MUSIC AND AN ASSIGNMENT FOR YOU GUYS.

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-04 15:34:31

At 2/4/08 01:45 AM, SolusLunes wrote: THE TWO OF YOU. LOBSTERMAN AND RADIOACTIVERHINO.

GO HERE. NAO.

I HAFF SHEET MUSIC AND AN ASSIGNMENT FOR YOU GUYS.

On it. Check the PM.

Definitly Lobsterman, check the PM.

As for the sex comments, well....at least it gets people coming to the thread :P

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-05 00:57:07

I need saxes, do you guys play jazz??? PM Me =D

NG Radio - A superb podcast with good songs from the NG Audio Portal

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-05 01:04:58

CALABRIA!

lol best sax riff ever.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-05 18:35:23

At 2/5/08 01:04 AM, dj-pope wrote: CALABRIA!

lol best sax riff ever.

Meh, it's decent. Pretty easy though.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-05 22:16:05

At 1/30/08 06:46 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote:

I can play any style of music, at any difficulty level. Just PM if needed!

Hoping to be of use,
Radioactiverhino

Ok can I get the entire Coltrane solo to 'Giant Steps' played up to tempo

heres the musis - enjoy

ok, so if you can give me a good quality recording of that, both in technique and sound quality i will give you m$ney with my paypal account, real talk

b3g|n!

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-06 01:50:01

At 2/5/08 06:35 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote:
At 2/5/08 01:04 AM, dj-pope wrote: CALABRIA!

lol best sax riff ever.
Meh, it's decent. Pretty easy though.

So is Smoke On The Water for guitar. Still iconic.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-06 17:56:48

At 2/5/08 10:16 PM, PhlostonRecords wrote:
At 1/30/08 06:46 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote:
I can play any style of music, at any difficulty level. Just PM if needed!
Hoping to be of use,
Radioactiverhino
Ok can I get the entire Coltrane solo to 'Giant Steps' played up to tempo

heres the musis - enjoy

ok, so if you can give me a good quality recording of that, both in technique and sound quality i will give you m$ney with my paypal account, real talk

b3g|n!

Um...why not just buy it?
Sorry, but no way.
I'm not gonna just replay work of a master.
Plus, you wouldn't even pay! :P

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-06 18:18:00

Dude, first of all, I would pay.
A decent recording of a saxophonist playing the giants steps transcription is a valuable wave to have. I could find a way to profit from it or use it. Secondly, why play it? Because Ill pay you, your not a very good businessman, posting about offering a service and then denying it to one of your first real customers.

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-06 18:34:10

At 2/6/08 06:18 PM, PhlostonRecords wrote: Dude, first of all, I would pay.
A decent recording of a saxophonist playing the giants steps transcription is a valuable wave to have. I could find a way to profit from it or use it. Secondly, why play it? Because Ill pay you, your not a very good businessman, posting about offering a service and then denying it to one of your first real customers.

Not a service, more of a 'help-atory.' Second, I'm not a big fan of ripping the masters. Third, I still have no proof. Fourth, it's physically to perfectly repeat an improvisational playing. You can get damn close, but IMPOSSIBLE to play EXACTLY as Coltrane did.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-06 23:37:37

Its not ripping from a master. Its called playing a transcription. Kids do it all over the country for competitions such as NYSSMA in my homestate on NY or for college audtion pieces etc. They dont do stuff as hard as the coltrane solo but since difficulty is not an issue for you you should be able to do in np.

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-12 18:12:21

The reason I asked you what you recorded it with was because if you had a better mic than the one I own (which is probable but not necessarily true) I would definately delegate my alto parts to you. However, since you don't own any other saxes other than an Alto I can't very well ask you to say cover a tenor part for me.

Ok, my microphone....
Shure SM57 instrument mic.
And yes, if you couldn't tell, I play alto.

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-17 01:43:59

Well, i've done a recording for Soluslunes, and am gonna rerecord for Navj11.
Just letting people know i'm still around and open to help!

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-17 04:13:41

He really is pretty damned good. :D

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-17 14:35:48

At 2/17/08 04:13 AM, SolusLunes wrote: He really is pretty damned good. :D

Awww, shucks... =)

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-18 19:46:24

Sorry for bumping this, but just wanted to let people know, I've just rerecorded for Navij11, am working with Rig, making a collab with TheLobersterman, and so forth!

Basically, I'm still alive here, and open for requests!

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-20 01:38:57

Yay, you're doing a solo for me!

<3

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-02-20 17:24:41

At 2/20/08 01:38 AM, sculpted-cold wrote: Yay, you're doing a solo for me!

<3

That I am!

BBS Signature

Response to Can't find a good Sax? Come here! 2008-03-08 18:35:04

Bumped so that people can find me :)

BBS Signature