00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Forum Lounge

957,582 Views | 17,307 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-03-17 14:21:53

oops forgot pic

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-03-18 02:00:44

My Kid Could Paint That

I hadn't heard of this before but I watched it and I really enjoyed it. Just listening to real artists talk about art, however mundane it may seem is really interesting to me. It's sad what happened to the family because it seemed like the mother and the father had very different perspectives about the daughter. I also like how it went into the art community and kind of exposed modern art. Interpretation of any art is completely up to the individual but in my opinion, no message that needs an explanation in modern art is worth those crazy prices, but to each his own. It was a good movie and I recommend it as well.

I enjoy bold statements

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-20 12:13:08

I can't figure out how to put feet on this god damn monster. Suggestions?

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-23 13:57:52

I know this may sound n00bish but...
Can anybody please tell me how to make a caption from the current screen, just like the ones used in tutorials, etc...?
Thanks, I wanted to bump this useful thread anyway.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-23 14:06:04

At 6/23/08 01:57 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: I know this may sound n00bish but...
Can anybody please tell me how to make a caption from the current screen, just like the ones used in tutorials, etc...?

Maybe you're thinking of the "print screen" button. Then all you have to do is use a "paste" option in whatever program you want to import the image to. If you want to capture video you're gonna have to find "screen capture" software online, there are alot of free trials and freeware of that kind of stuff online. Try www.tucows.com maybe.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-23 14:12:43

At 6/23/08 02:06 PM, PunchOrBePunched wrote:
At 6/23/08 01:57 PM, BizarroJoe wrote: I know this may sound n00bish but...
Maybe you're thinking of the "print screen" button. Then all you have to do is use a "paste" option in whatever program you want to import the image to.

Yes, Punch, It was the "print screen" button. My issue was that I forgot absolutely about the pasting part. Thank you a lot for the help.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-23 16:43:48

At 6/23/08 02:12 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:

i should as well.

Anyone think another "Doubles Battle" would be a good idea?
never seen one start up after about round 2.
wasn't awesomeSaurus in charge of the last one?

...maybe even a ChOW? something for inspiration/challenge?

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-23 16:48:38

At 6/23/08 04:43 PM, kernalphage wrote:
wasn't awesomeSaurus in charge of the last one?

...maybe even a ChOW? something for inspiration/challenge?

Totally. I'm bored to death.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-24 03:11:46

Whoa, never heard of "Double Battles", how does it work?

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-24 09:01:52

At 6/24/08 03:11 AM, PunchOrBePunched wrote: Whoa, never heard of "Double Battles", how does it work?

two people work on the same picture, basically.

someone can sketch, the other inks...
maybe one's style's good, while the other has a firm grasp on color.
you build off of each other's strengths, cover the other's weakness.

plus, you could call it a "team-building" exercises.

it's usually random... though if you have a fellow forumer in mind, you can pair up in advance.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-24 12:11:20

I have invented just such a boredom relieving game folks, click this link

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-24 14:41:15

I like that Idea, I enjoy colouring peoples line art :P *hint hint*

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-24 20:54:27

At 6/24/08 02:41 PM, Razac wrote:
I like that Idea, I enjoy colouring peoples line art :P *hint hint*

no you dont. >:C

lol sorry had to jab

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-24 21:19:05

I think another Doubles Battle would be awesome.
I had to miss out on it last time because the cunt I got stuck with didn't get back to me.

Somebody feel bad for me and make me a sig.

If not fuck you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 00:18:48

At 6/23/08 02:12 PM, BizarroJoe wrote:
i should as well.

Funny you said that! I was thinking of making Doubles Showdown 3 or returning COW to the scene! You just made my mind up for me! Look for the thread tomorrow afternoon around 2 PM US eastern time :) I have a few things I wanna tweak this time around for maximum kickass entries!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 00:38:29

I tried to revive the Art Challenges thread, but there weren't any takers :(

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 01:13:08

At 6/25/08 12:38 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: I tried to revive the Art Challenges thread, but there weren't any takers :(

that sucks. Sorry I don't really do much anymore artwise or I would participate more in everything.

Every once and a while I'll doodle and fail unfortunately. Like recently I was inspired to try the "imitate an art regs style" thread and came up short in my attempt to do a laserkarl tribute. Someone else did one with his style tho and it came out really nice.

If i can steal my parents scanner i'd have an easier time just to do my line work on paper, scan it, then color it in psp. This would probably make my ideas less of a hassle since I'm a perfectionist and get fed up when I try to draw something in my head on the computer and it looks like shit and I scrap it. I tried using a tablet but its really small and I'm not too good with it.

On another subject, I was just wondering if I could get your take on the pivot thread. I get a lot of hints that pretty much a lot of people hate it, but mostly I guess it's just ignored and people just accept the fact that its there. So im just wondering what everyones opinion is on it (i don't mind if you hate it)

I find it as an interesting medium because your challenged with making artwork with just dots and lines with the added bonus that u can give movable joints and make a little movie with it. Some focus more on the movie part other like to get more detailed, just depends on the person.

Sure this results in the inevitable stick guy, but even some stick men are creatively thought out and not just a bunch of lines slapped together.

So yeah just curious.

Art Forum Lounge

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 02:56:37

At 6/25/08 12:18 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Funny you said that! I was thinking of making Doubles Showdown 3 or returning COW to the scene! You just made my mind up for me! Look for the thread tomorrow afternoon around 2 PM US eastern time :) I have a few things I wanna tweak this time around for maximum kickass entries!

That's totally fucking rad. Way looking forward to it.

If not fuck you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 03:03:09

There's a Help/FAQ page for a reason.

You might as well read BBS Rules and Art Forum Rules too.

If you can follow this simple shit, you won't get all these people eating your ass out every time you post...

If not fuck you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 03:04:09

My fuck. That was supposed to be a reply to this thread.

Sorry guys!

If not fuck you.

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 21:10:23

Hey, I'm planning on getting a tablet. Well actually I'm planning on ordering it tonight. I'm planning on getting this Bamboo tablet. I'm planning on using it just for sketching, nothing serious. Please tell me if this is a good choice or if you know of another good tablet around the same price range.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 21:27:04

At 6/25/08 09:10 PM, Winned wrote: Hey, I'm planning on getting this Bamboo tablet. Please tell me if this is a good choice...

I'm using the exact same one right now (well, this one is black), but I really like it!! I had just gotten a second Graphire3 for home shortly before they got me this Bamboo here at work, and I'm regretting my purchase! I like the Bamboo a lot better for some reason. Damn my impatience!! lol

Get it! And have fun!! :D

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 22:03:59

At 6/25/08 09:27 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Get it! And have fun!! :D

Thanks, what size is yours? And is it big enough? I'll probably get white, I have no idea why I just want it..

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 23:44:09

At 6/25/08 10:03 PM, Winned wrote: Thanks, what size is yours? And is it big enough? I'll probably get white, I have no idea why I just want it..

It's the small size, whatever that is (same size as a mousepad). It's the only size I've ever worked on so I can't honestly say if bigger is better in this case, but it just seems like it'd be a waste of desk space. I know some people like to hold them on their laps while they work though, so, yeah.

The first one I ever got was white too... it matched my keyboard! lol :P

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-25 23:59:17

At 6/25/08 03:03 AM, Lamoureux wrote: There's a Help/FAQ page for a reason.

You might as well read BBS Rules and Art Forum Rules too.

If you can follow this simple shit, you won't get all these people eating your ass out every time you post...

Methinks that might have been a poor choice of words...

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-26 00:01:52

At 6/25/08 12:18 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Funny you said that! I was thinking of making Doubles Showdown 3 or returning COW to the scene! : You just made my mind up for me! Look for the thread tomorrow afternoon around 2 PM US eastern : time :) I have a few things I wanna tweak this time around for maximum kickass entries!

Awesome! I'm definitely joining this!

"Kweaks is great, awesome, a genius and more." -Frameslinger.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-26 00:07:07

At 6/26/08 12:01 AM, Kweaks wrote:
At 6/25/08 12:18 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Funny you said that! I was thinking of making Doubles Showdown

...go here!

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-06-26 00:20:46

At 6/26/08 12:07 AM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 6/26/08 12:01 AM, Kweaks wrote:
At 6/25/08 12:18 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Funny you said that! I was thinking of making Doubles Showdown
...go here!

Thankee.

"Kweaks is great, awesome, a genius and more." -Frameslinger.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-07-02 18:51:40

Well. I don't know if you guys like starfighting or whatever, but my deviant art page has a few starfighters on it. I'm sort of in a holding pattern here though because I ran out of ideas, but if you want, give me some suggestions and I can make you your own custom starfighter. :) (link to my deviant art page is in my signature.

An optimist sees the glass half-full, a pessimist sees the glass half-empty. I see too big of a glass.

If you have Spore, add me (same name.)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Forum Lounge 2008-07-03 18:39:17

Hey, forumites, It is in my signature, but ppl apparently think I am joking. But no, pm me if you have any art related questions rather than making a thread that will just be locked. I will give you advice if I know the answer, or find out the answer and get back to you.

BBS Signature